PDA

View Full Version : School reports kiss between two 12 year olds as possible sex crime

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Here's more from the news of the wierd for you. Enjoy.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/school-reports-kiss-between-12-year-olds-possible-/nFjLz/

Star_Cards
11-21-2011, 10:37 AM
overreaction much? what a waste of time to investigate this.

duane1969
11-21-2011, 10:50 AM
In this day and age of "Sue first, ask questions later" this is not that crazy. Schools are getting sued all the time for stupid stuff. They have to cover their butts on everything anymore.

I teach Alternative Education (I am the last stop before kids get expelled). So far every kid that I have had got busted for tobacco. Before their first day in my classroom I make it clear to the students and their parents, if I suspect the kid has tobacco I will not search them or even ask them to turn their pockets out. I will simply call the resident police officer in our school and have the kid searched by law enforcement.

Educators have to protect themselves because the law rarely does. Laws are suited to benefit the "victim" no matter how silly the offense.

Star_Cards
11-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I can see the side of that as well. I guess most people just don't really think about that.

duane1969
11-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I have one kid that got in trouble because he tried to leave the classroom after the teacher told him not to. The mom was mad because the teacher physically stopped the kid from leaving (grabbed his arm). In most cases the mom would have sued the teacher.

Here is the Catch22. What if the teacher lets the kid leave the classroom and he falls and breaks his arm in the hall? Whose fault is that? Who gets sued then?...the teacher of course, because he was not doing his job and should never have let the kid leave the classroom.

There are many lose-lose situations in education.

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
That is exactly why I take my hat off to teachers and say that they deserve better pay. Not only are they charged with educating our youth which is our future they have to put up with a whole lot of...