PDA

View Full Version : First lady booed at nascar race

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I wonder what our resident nascar expert would have to say about this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10493215

INTIMADATOR2007
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
What's the big deal , She was booed at the world series game also . Do you really expect the people that her and her husband say these are the people that cling to there religion and guns. These are the majority of the people that dissaprove of vacations to spain on the tax payer dime , flying in tax payer paid for planes 4 hrs. ahead of her husband when they are going to the same place because she doesn't feel like waitng on him ,These are the people she is trying to tell what they can eat , and how much they can have . These are the people they refer to as racists, extremist tea party members that want to obide by the consitution and dont want government to control there lives . These are the people that are sick and tired of what she and her husbands vision of this country will be when they get done .

theonedru
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
The writes is disgusted at peoples freedom of expression. Yahoo needs some new writes. though they have a few quality ones I am finding more and more writers like this idiot who if you read into the articles takes itself apart when you dissect it.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 03:40 PM
What's the big deal , She was booed at the world series game also . Do you really expect the people that her and her husband say these are the people that cling to there religion and guns. These are the majority of the people that dissaprove of vacations to spain on the tax payer dime , flying in tax payer paid for planes 4 hrs. ahead of her husband when they are going to the same place because she doesn't feel like waitng on him ,These are the people she is trying to tell what they can eat , and how much they can have . These are the people they refer to as racists, extremist tea party members that want to obide by the consitution and dont want government to control there lives . These are the people that are sick and tired of what she and her husbands vision of this country will be when they get done .
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but ALL presidents get luxury perks it's part of being a president...

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but ALL presidents get luxury perks it's part of being a president...

and it was wrong with bush did it, it was wrong when clinton did it, it was wrong when bush did it, it was wrong when reagan did it...

some things are luxury perks that are part of the job. taking vacations to spain and flying in a separate private plane because you don't want to wait a few hours is excessive and thus "we the people" have a right to be upset about it

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
and it was wrong with bush did it, it was wrong when clinton did it, it was wrong when bush did it, it was wrong when reagan did it...

some things are luxury perks that are part of the job. taking vacations to spain and flying in a separate private plane because you don't want to wait a few hours is excessive and thus "we the people" have a right to be upset about it
ALL presidents have done this. Why we so worried about it now? Why even bring it up if it's part of what they receive for being a president? I agree, it's wrong but it's not gonna change...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
This is exactly why comic book collectors should not vote .
I don't and i'm proud of it. :winking0071: How's the country doing with your vote?

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
ALL presidents have done this. Why we so worried about it now? Why even bring it up if it's part of what they receive for being a president? I agree, it's wrong but it's not gonna change...

People have complained about it with every president for generations. Why should obama be free from negative opinion?

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
If ya'll are ok with boing Mrs Obama don't get mad if someone boos barbra or laura bush.

penny1fan
11-21-2011, 03:58 PM

yeah me personally im just gettin sick of seeing him and his family at every event living the good life.The majority of us cant even afford to go to a race,game,event etc.It just gets tiresome!The people are getting fed up..I cant remember any other president who got this kind of public praise and coverage.I'm over it already i know that

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
People have complained about it with every president for generations. Why should obama be free from negative opinion?
Because it's not Obama it's his wife...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:00 PM
yeah me personally im just gettin sick of seeing him and his family at every event living the good life.The majority of us cant even afford to go to a race,game,event etc.It just gets tiresome!The people are getting fed up..I cant remember any other president who got this kind of public praise and coverage.I'm over it already i know that
This country was in bad shape way before Obama...all president's get praise and coverage where have you been? LOL!

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 04:02 PM
This country was in bad shape way before Obama...

Sad but true. The same people who created this nonsense are the main ones that are complaining that President Obama is not cleaning up their mess fast enough for their liking. SMH.

penny1fan
11-21-2011, 04:04 PM
This country was in bad shape way before Obama...all president's get praise and coverage where have you been? LOL!

i have never noticed a president taking his air force one out daily to catch every top end sporting or big stage event? where have you been? every time i turn on sportscenter there he and his family are! we can't even afford gas to put in our tanks but every time that jet takes off millions are spent.Gets old seeing this

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Everyone who voted for Bush should never complain about Obama since we went into the recession with Bush in office not Obama...Obama just got stuck trying to clean up a mess that is going to take a very long time to clean up...and don't get me started on worthless Reagan...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
i have never noticed a president taking his air force one out daily to catch every top end sporting or big stage event? where have you been? every time i turn on sportscenter there he and his family are! we can't even afford gas to put in our tanks but every time that jet takes off millions are spent.Gets old seeing this
-P & R fashion-

Get a better job there is PLENTY out there!

Don't blame another man for you not going out there and being productive!

Am i blending in with the P & R Forum views?

P.S. ALL President's do this...

penny1fan
Everyone who voted for Bush should never complain about Obama since we went into the recession with Bush in office not Obama...Obama just got stuck trying to clean up a mess that is going to take a very long time to clean up...and don't get me started on worthless Reagan...

he must never sleep if he's "cleaning up" because he's everywhere leaving billions in his wake to cover his air fare :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
If ya'll are ok with boing Mrs Obama don't get mad if someone boos barbra or laura bush.

I would understand a well known republican figure being booed at an event that was attended primarily by democratic supporters.

On a separate not, I have issue with any politician, of either party, who shows up at events they dont care about or support just to show that they are "one of you"

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
he must never sleep if he's "cleaning up" because he's everywhere leaving billions in his wake to cover his air fare :winking0071:
ALL President's do this...

penny1fan

since you know everything....WHY????

Hilfiger1975
I would understand a well known republican figure being booed at an event that was attended primarily by democratic supporters.

On a separate not, I have issue with any politician, of either party, who shows up at events they dont care about or support just to show that they are "one of you"
It's called PR ALL President's do that also...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
since you know everything....WHY????
Because it's a perk for being the President of the United States of America...president's get a very low salary because of it...now say thank you for teaching you history...

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM

dude, you are driving me crazy. we all agree that all presidents do this. however, all presidents get criticized for it. why is obama different? so it was ok for bush and clinton to get roasted for it but not obama?

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Your knowledge of politics is laughable......Did you like Clinton? Just wondering. Please, get started on Reagan. We all need a good laugh from a few of the comedians on this board.
Like I said before, if you can't have the decency to vote , then don't give your political opinion.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:14 PM
dude, you are driving me crazy. we all agree that all presidents do this. however, all presidents get criticized for it. why is obama different? so it was ok for bush and clinton to get roasted for it but not obama?
To my understanding Obama wasn't there his wife was...that's like me saying i have a problem with you and taking it out on your wife...it's very classy...:rolleyes:

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Why don't you take a look who Reagan had working under him and how many charges they all received... <br />
<br />
I don't vote because i'm not wasting my time to vote the lesser of two evils in...if you voted...

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Do whatever you please, it's just comical reading some of your posts.... <br />
Lol, and why don't you look under Clinton how many people were in trouble.. After all, we can't all stuff papers down out...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:22 PM
P.S. I've NEVER voted...the whole republican/democrat crying don't work with me...:winking0071: <br />
<br />
BUT if you have EVER voted for a Republican than you have no reason to cry about the way this...

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
P.S. I've NEVER voted...the whole republican/democrat crying don't work with me...:winking0071:

BUT if you have EVER voted for a Republican than you have no reason to cry about the way this country looks today...

Those who don't vote have no right to even voice their opinion IMO. Go back and look at the policies that have destroyed this country, You will see a good amount of them have democrat/progressive all over them. Look up Wilson and Roosevelt for starters....

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
On the cool all the nascar fans who booed Mrs. Obama dropped the ball and made themselves look like a bunch of clowns. They should have siezed the opportunity and welcomed her with open arms. That would have made them more accepting and got them some positive press for their sport therefore drawing more fans and helping make nascar a legitimit sport competing with the big four (football, baseball, basketball, hockey) Instead they reinforced the steryotype that most nascar fans are a bunch of racist redneck good ole boys who hate black people. C'mon nascar fans its 2011. Let it go and move on. BTW I do look at nascar from time to time and play the nascar video game on playstation.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Those who don't vote have no right to even voice their opinion IMO. Go back and look at the policies that have destroyed this country, You will see a good amount of them have democrat/progressive all over them. Look up Wilson and Roosevelt for starters....
Well in my opinion if you vote a waste of skin in then you only made this country worse...and have no room to voice your opinion...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
On the cool all the nascar fans who booed Mrs. Obama dropped the ball and made themselves look like a bunch of clowns. They should have siezed the opportunity and welcomed her with open arms. That would have made them more accepting and got them some positive press for their sport therefore drawing more fans and helping make nascar a legitimit sport competing with the big four (football, baseball, basketball, hockey) Instead they reinforced the steryotype that most nascar fans are a bunch of racist redneck good ole boys who hate black people. C'mon nascar fans its 2011. Let it go and move on. BTW I do look at nascar from time to time and play the nascar video game on playstation.
Good points!

Then people wonder why they get stereotyped...actions speak louder than words...this is a prime example of why racism is not gone from America...

nadeau01_johnson48
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country...

Keep up the good work. You generalizing all of us into one ridiculous group like that is even worse than fans booing Michelle Obama.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Keep up the good work. You generalizing all of us into one ridiculous group like that is even worse than fans booing Michelle Obama.
Sorry, i'm just doing what's cool in the P & R Forum...stereotyping...

duwal
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
calm down people, I'm sure some of them weren't booing her because of her husbands actions. They were probably just booing her for being black

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
calm down people, I'm sure some of them weren't booing her because of her husbands actions. They were probably just booing her for being black

Sad but true. SMH. Most of them can't even spell politics.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Post of the Year!

Honestly, you can't have too high of expectations at a NASCAR event, anyways...stay classy NASCAR!

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Sad but true. SMH. Most of them can't even spell politics.
Or let alone say it since they are missing their front teeth...

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 04:45 PM

And this is the real reason racism is stull alive in this country. A black person gets booed then it must be because they are black. Cant be because someone disagrees with their opinions or political beliefs, has to be race.
You do know bidens wife was there too right?

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
And this is the real reason racism is stull alive in this country. A black person gets booed then it must be because they are black. Cant be because someone disagrees with their opinions or political beliefs, has to be race.
9/10, yes...

Once again, stay classy NASCAR! There is no reason to boo her, maybe her husband yes...the article stated they was booing at Obama...the article don't lie...i've seen numerous posts on here showing articles and opinions so they must all be true, because numerous use them for facts...so this one must be facts also...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
The fact of the matter is that Obama's wife got disrespected, because of her president's actions...it was done in bad taste and very ignorant...like i said before it would be like me having a problem with some one and taking it out on his wife instead...shows no morals and honestly i'm not surprised at a NASCAR event...

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM

And why do they disagree with their policies? Do they not like having health insurance for themselves and their kids? I didn't see any of the republicans trying to make affordable health care for the masses? Sure they may have disagreed with some of their policies but hell I know that they didn't agree with everything that their bff gwb did either. You and I both know what the deal is about why they booed mrs. obama even if you don't want to admit in public over here.

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
And why do they disagree with their policies? Do they not like having health insurance for themselves and their kids? I didn't see any of the republicans trying to make affordable health care for the masses? Sure they may have disagreed with some of their policies but hell I know that they didn't agree with everything that their bff gwb did either. You and I both know what the deal is about why they booed mrs. obama even if you don't want to admit in public over here.

you and people like you are why racism is alive and well. mrs. biden was there too, did she get booed because she was white? why must you insist on this being a race issue. bush got booed like crazy and it had nothing to do with race. but if obama gets booed it is race? give me a break man, you can't really believe that.

im pretty sure if they showed a black fan at a nascar race they wouldn't get booed so, again, i doubt race has anything to do with it

AUTaxMan
11-21-2011, 05:13 PM
The fact of the matter is that Obama's wife got disrespected, because of her president's actions...it was done in bad taste and very ignorant...like i said before it would be like me having a problem with some one and taking it out on his wife instead...shows no morals and honestly i'm not surprised at a NASCAR event...

I also thought it was disrespectful and in bad taste, but that's about what I'd expect from that crowd.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
i also thought it was disrespectful and in bad taste, but that's about what i'd expect from that crowd.
+1

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
you and people like you are why racism is alive and well. mrs. biden was there too, did she get booed because she was white? why must you insist on this being a race issue. bush got booed like crazy and it had nothing to do with race. but if obama gets booed it is race? give me a break man, you can't really believe that.

im pretty sure if they showed a black fan at a nascar race they wouldn't get booed so, again, i doubt race has anything to do with it
Why are you "deflecting?"

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Why are you "deflecting?"

what am i deflecting? was it in bad taste, absolutely. i think booing is a ridiculous form or expressing an opinion and it is even worse to boo someone's wife or family.

that said, those trying to make this an issue of race instead of political belief's are even worse IMO. and i'm sorry, but your over the top insulting comments about nascar and its fans is equally as bad. (and I am in no way a nascar fan).

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 05:26 PM
what am i deflecting? was it in bad taste, absolutely. i think booing is a ridiculous form or expressing an opinion and it is even worse to boo someone's wife or family.

that said, those trying to make this an issue of race instead of political belief's are even worse IMO. and i'm sorry, but your over the top insulting comments about nascar and its fans is equally as bad. (and I am in no way a nascar fan).
I'm glad we finally agree on something...out of all the posts i see about people on welfare and this country and politics in general i find it hilarious that you think my comment about NASCAR over the top...i guess people can post opinions about ANYTHING, but just not against NASCAR, aye?

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Booing is the stupiest thing at a sporting event ever (besides the wave) But that aside,
have you even heard the first lady speak? How she "for once was proud of her country"? Or how she's all out assulting certain foods while eating it herself? Or her questionable "job" at the univ of chicago hospital?
Maybe people are fed up with the "hope and change" out of eveyone tied to this administration..... But no, it's gotta be racism. Shows who truly the racists are.

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Booing is the stupiest thing at a sporting event ever (besides the wave) But that aside,
have you even heard the first lady speak? How she "for once was proud of her country"? Or how she's all out assulting certain foods while eating it herself? Or her questionable "job" at the univ of chicago hospital?
Maybe people are fed up with the "hope and change" out of eveyone tied to this administration..... But no, it's gotta be racism. Shows who truly the racists are.
Ya, i'm sure that's why the crowds was booing. :winking0071: It's your lie tell it however you want...:rolleyes:

If that got a problem with the President take it up with him not his wife...classy...

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Ya, because i was out there booing...:rolleyes:

You LOVE to deflect...

INTIMADATOR2007
11-21-2011, 07:04 PM
You guys from the left are terrible and your parents should be ashamed at what you've become . I guess the WORLD SERIES fans are in the same group that you have labled the race fans as correct ,Since they have booed her also .

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
You guys from the left are terrible and your parents should be ashamed at what you've become . I guess the WORLD SERIES fans are in the same group that you have labled the race fans as correct ,Since they have booed her also .
Ignorance is universal...if they did it at the World Series then there is ignorant people there too...feel better now?

Can you explain what "from the left" is?

Because all i saw was a personal attack in your post followed with a "THEY DID IT TOO!" Did you people from the right have your parents teach you how to "pass the buck" too, because they should ashamed at what you have become...

INTIMADATOR2007
11-21-2011, 07:16 PM

That would be YOU and Mr. Veggie . My post had no personal attacks in it but yours cant be written without a personal attack in it anywhere and I cant belive SCF has let you get away the personal attacks on Race fans . They have banned several people from this forum for much less .

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 07:20 PM

That would be YOU and Mr. Veggie . My post had no personal attacks in it but yours cant be written without a personal attack in it anywhere and I cant belive SCF has let you get away the personal attacks on Race fans . They have banned several people from this forum for much less .
Because i'm not attacking members like you did in your last post i was talking about NASCAR fans at the races. See what you fail to realize is you constantly attack people of this country with your views of people on welfare with stereotyping and etc, but you don't see me crying to SCF to ban people. So i figured i would show you how shallow it looks when people do the same thing as you...maybe you need to start practicing what you preach and be a little more open-minded about the "poor" in America and people MIGHT do the same thing for race fans that act ignorant...i guess the best way i can explain it to you have your views on people on welfare and i have my views about people that boo at the first lady...

I find it sad and comical at the same time that people can bad mouth people in this country on a daily basis, but when you talk about some race fans people cry like little children...

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Ya, because i was out there booing...:rolleyes:

You LOVE to deflect...
no you are calling them racist based on stereotypes that you act like you are against. You have no evidence that they are doing that because of race. You are just as bad as those you cry about. what they did was stupid and disrespectful to both ladies but there is no eveidence as to why iy was done. You claim to not be a liberal but justbabout everything you post is far left nonsense .

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 07:38 PM
no you are calling them racist based on stereotypes that you act like you are against. You have no evidence that they are doing that because of race. You are just as bad as those you cry about. what they did was stupid and disrespectful to both ladies but there is no eveidence as to why iy was done. You claim to not be a liberal but justbabout everything you post is far left nonsense .
I'm not really sure where you get my political views from because i don't vote. So i'm not sure why i'm being referred to as "left?"...i'm stereotyping just like everyone else and i'm having a blast doing it! But i already explained that in my previous post...

duwal
11-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm not really sure where you get my political views from because i don't vote. So i'm not sure why i'm being referred to as "left?"...i'm stereotyping just like everyone else and i'm having a blast doing it! But i already explained that in my previous post...

does he think you're left handed???

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
does he think you're left handed???
Might as well he assumes everything else...

gladdyontherise
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM

You are correct sir.

--
I don't care that Obama's wife got boo'd, is it really THAT big of a deal?

And to save time. Yes I'd consider myself liberal and no I didn't ote in the last election (because I wasn't 18 at the time). People are entitled to their opinions though and if they want to boo someone what is the big deal? So much for the whole freedom of speech thing

Hilfiger1975
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
You are correct sir.

--
I don't care that Obama's wife got boo'd, is it really THAT big of a deal?

And to save time. Yes I'd consider myself liberal and no I didn't ote in the last election (because I wasn't 18 at the time). People are entitled to their opinions though and if they want to boo someone what is the big deal? So much for the whole freedom of speech thing
It's not a big deal that's why it's fun to stereotype...:winking0071:

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 08:16 AM
I also thought it was disrespectful and in bad taste, but that's about what I'd expect from that crowd.

Good morning SCF fam. I had fun reading all the posts that were written on here after I logged off. I would like to start the day by giving our good buddy mr. taxman some church.

CHURCH!! :cheer2:

duane1969
11-22-2011, 09:57 AM

I am so tired of this LAME statement. Everytime something like this goes on you guys always fall back to the "but everyone else did it!!" defense.

Obama ran on the word CHANGE. Everytime you defend him with "everybody else did it" you are admitting that he either lied about CHANGE or he is epically failing at CHANGE. Your defense of him proves that he is a failure or a liar.

Also, it is pretty foolish to attack Bush and Reagan in one post and then in another post defend Obama because he is just doing what others before him did. If they are/were so bad then why is it OK for him to do what they did?

They were booed.

Sad but true. The same people who created this nonsense are the main ones that are complaining that President Obama is not cleaning up their mess fast enough for their liking. SMH.

How long does he need? He gets a maximum of 8 years and he is already nearly halfway thru that with absolutely nothing accomplished. If 4 years in he has accomplished zero then how dimwitted would we have to be to think that 4 more years would accomplish anything else other than zero?

I really wish you would get started on Reagan. Reagan and Obama entered office in nearly the exact same scenario. After 4 years Reagan had clearly turned things around and left office with the economy and jobs improving. Obama has been in 3 years and has accomplished absolutely nothing that he said he would.

It's called PR ALL President's do that also...

Yeah just most of them are not stupid enough to go to a place where they know that the majority of the people there will be of the opposing party.

Because it's a perk for being the President of the United States of America...president's get a very low salary because of it...now say thank you for teaching you history...

Very low? Are you serious? You think $400,000 a year with no personal expenses is very low? In one year Obama makes 20x the poverty level AND has no bills or expenses.

P.S. I've NEVER voted...the whole republican/democrat crying don't work with me...:winking0071:

This answers a lot for me.

1. You have not voted. You have no grounds to complain. You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

2. The whole Republican/Democrat thing is exactly what you are about. You attack/hate/insult everything and everyone that you associate with Republican and support/defend everything and everyone that you associate with Democrat. Your actions scream loudly, your words are a whisper.

So they should have cheered her to prove they are not racist? Seriously? Is that what the liberals have reverted back to? Either you cheer and prove you are not racist or you boo and prove you are?

Is that the new platform that Obama will run on this election? If you don't vote for me, then you are a racist!!!

Well in my opinion if you vote a waste of skin in then you only made this country worse...and have no room to voice your opinion...

So you have room to voice your opinion why? By not voting you have more room to complain than others who did vote? Since you have done NOTHING to contribute to the democratic process then you have NOTHING to complain. Just continue to enjoy the ride and be quiet about it if you don't like the bumps in the road.

So why was she there if not as a representative of "her president"? Was she intoduced as Michelle Obama, big-time NASCAR fan? In fact, if she was there just to watch the race, why would she be introduced at all? She was there as his wife. She was trying to build support for her husband. Anybody can see that.

Ya, i'm sure that's why the crowds was booing. :winking0071: It's your lie tell it however you want...:rolleyes:

If that got a problem with the President take it up with him not his wife...classy...

Repeat, she should have been smart enough to not show up in a place where the population will be almost entirely conservatives and expect to be cheered.

If you are narrowminded enough to think that they were booing because she is black and nothing else then I don't know what to tell you.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
READ

This post is for EVERYONE.

The insults, direct attacks and generally inflammatory actions of some have gotten entirely out of control.

As a general rule, 2 warnings for ANY rule infraction results in a ban from the P&R section. I have tried to be nice and cut some of you some slack (you know who you are), that stops now.

I am tired of going out with my family for an evening and then having to spend 2 or 3 hours the next day reading through pages and pages of childish attacks and insults because I didn't stay in here and babysit you guys all night. If you can not discuss the issues with some maturity and decency towards others then you need to get out and stay out of P&R.

I understand that politics and religion are hot-button topics and that sometimes things get out of hand. I am also intelligent enough to see when a post is simply to be insulting and not intended to contribute to the discussion.

Zero-tolerance policy is now in effect. Those who already have 2 warnings are now on a very short leash.

pghin08
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
READ

This post is for EVERYONE.

The insults, direct attacks and generally inflammatory actions of some have gotten entirely out of control.

As a general rule, 2 warnings for ANY rule infraction results in a ban from the P&R section. I have tried to be nice and cut some of you some slack (you know who you are), that stops now.

I am tired of going out with my family for an evening and then having to spend 2 or 3 hours the next day reading through pages and pages of childish attacks and insults because I didn't stay in here and babysit you guys all night. If you can not discuss the issues with some maturity and decency towards others then you need to get out and stay out of P&R.

I understand that politics and religion are hot-button topics and that sometimes things get out of hand. I am also intelligent enough to see when a post is simply to be insulting and not intended to contribute to the discussion.

Zero-tolerance policy is now in effect. Those who already have 2 warnings are now on a very short leash.

Law city. Duane is not to be trifled with.

For the record, I don't care that Michelle Obama was booed. If she were attacked or egged or something, that's a problem. Boos? Boo hoo.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Law city. Duane is not to be trifled with.

For the record, I don't care that Michelle Obama was booed. If she were attacked or egged or something, that's a problem. Boos? Boo hoo.

Mrs. Obama is a big girl and I'm sure that she can handle it and yes the nascar fans do have every right to boo her even though it does show their utter lack of class and their mentality. I would never want to take my family to anything like that if their don't have enough decency to treat our first lady with any respect.

lloydr04
11-22-2011, 10:50 AM

Telling someone their parents "should be ashamed of them" because of how they feel and what they believe isn't a personal attack? Some people should grow up.

Oh what happened to the "freedom of speech" you guys often cry for on here?

lloydr04
11-22-2011, 10:53 AM
And for the people that DID vote and the other person is still in office, shows what that vote meant huh... should ask for a voucher for your gas money back... How can you sit up here and tell someone they can't speak because them (ONE PERSON) didn't vote. PLEASE.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
And for the people that DID vote and the other person is still in office, shows what that vote meant huh... should ask for a voucher for your gas money back... How can you sit up here and tell someone they can't speak because them (ONE PERSON) didn't vote. PLEASE.

My logic is simple. If you are not contributing to the political process then complaining about the politcal outcomes is wrong. Refusing to be involved in the process and then complaining about the result of the process is illogical.

As Americans one of our "duties" is to be involved in what happens in our country. Sitting at home on election day and then fussing about the outcome is asinine and does not qualify as being involved.

My state had a special election a few weeks ago to replace the outgoing governor who became a US Senator. I did not vote because I had worked and was tired and just wanted to go home. My guy lost. I have not said one negative thing about it or the winner because I have no right to. I failed to cast my vote so I gave up my right to have a voice. My vote IS my voice in the politial arena.

And why would I want a voucher for my gas back? I voted. I am happy with my vote. My vote did count. It counted a lot more than the vote that was not cast.

lloydr04
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
My logic is simple. If you are not contributing to the political process then complaining about the politcal outcomes is wrong. Refusing to be involved in the process and then complaining about the result of the process is illogical.

As Americans one of our "duties" is to be involved in what happens in our country. Sitting at home on election day and then fussing about the outcome is asinine and does not qualify as being involved.

My state had a special election a few weeks ago to replace the outgoing governor who became a US Senator. I did not vote because I had worked and was tired and just wanted to go home. My guy lost. I have not said one negative thing about it or the winner because I have no right to. I failed to cast my vote so I gave up my right to have a voice. My vote IS my voice in the politial arena.

And why would I want a voucher for my gas back? I voted. I am happy with my vote. My vote did count. It counted a lot more than the vote that was not cast.

He is still as much as apart of this country as you ... and that post was full of opinion so I'm going to take it as you just felt like saying that because that's how YOU felt.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
He is still as much as apart of this country as you ... and that post was full of opinion so I'm going to take it as you just felt like saying that because that's how YOU felt.

I didn't say anyone wasn't part of the country. I said not voting and then complaining about who is in power and what they are doing is illogical.

And I don't know what you point in the rest means. Was I supposed to express someone else's opinions or how someone else felt? I am confused.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I didn't say anyone wasn't part of the country. I said not voting and then complaining about who is in power and what they are doing is illogical.

And I don't know what you point in the rest means. Was I supposed to express someone else's opinions or how someone else felt? I am confused.

You know George Carlin once said that if you vote and elect dishonest, incompentent and corrupt politicians you have no reason to complain because you are the ones who elected them into office. Therefore if you voted for bush you have no reason to complain because you were the one who created this mess.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
You know George Carlin once said that if you vote and elect dishonest, incompentent and corrupt politicians you have no reason to complain because you are the ones who elected them into office. Therefore if you voted for bush you have no reason to complain because you were the one who created this mess.

The economic downturn started during Clinton's reign. The issues in Iraq can be traced back to before I was old enough to vote. The current policy of "spend until we are bankrupt" is Obama's doing.

I can complain about all of it.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
The economic downturn started during Clinton's reign. The issues in Iraq can be traced back to before I was old enough to vote. The current policy of "spend until we are bankrupt" is Obama's doing.

Well if it makes you feel better I didn't vote for clinton, dole, perot and wasn't old enough to vote for the first bush (wouldn't have even if I was) so I have every right to complain just as well.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Well if it makes you feel better I didn't vote for clinton, dole, perot and wasn't old enough to vote for the first bush (wouldn't have even if I was) so I have every right to complain just as well.

Complain away.

I wasn't saying that anyone doesn't have a right to free speech. Just that bashing one side and proclaiming the supperiority of another when you won't even go vote makes no sense. How can you claim your side is superior when you don't even vote for them?

How credible would I be if I said that McCain was a better option than Obama and then when asked I admitted that I didn't vote for him?

If you care enough about it to spend hours and hours and hours on a message board talking about it at least care enough to spend one hour going to the voting booth.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Complain away.

I wasn't saying that anyone doesn't have a right to free speech. Just that bashing one side and proclaiming the supperiority of another when you won't even go vote makes no sense. How can you claim your side is superior when you don't even vote for them?

How credible would I be if I said that McCain was a better option than Obama and then when asked I admitted that I didn't vote for him?

If you care enough about it to spend hours and hours and hours on a message board talking about it at least care enough to spend one hour going to the voting booth.

That is why I voted for and will vote again for President Obama. He was the only viable canidate that actually gave a damn. (Can I say that on here??) The rest were politicians as usual. It's real said that every time that President Obama tries to do something the other side blocks him not because it is a bad idea but only because it is politics and they don't want to appear that their opponents have better ideas than them. I though that all politicians regardless of their politicial party have to ultimately answer to the people.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
That is why I voted for and will vote again for President Obama. He was the only viable canidate that actually gave a damn. (Can I say that on here??) The rest were politicians as usual. It's real said that every time that President Obama tries to do something the other side blocks him not because it is a bad idea but only because it is politics and they don't want to appear that their opponents have better ideas than them. I though that all politicians regardless of their politicial party have to ultimately answer to the people.

Yes you can say that.

Honestly, my #1 beef with Obama is that he is looking more and more like a typical politican. Spending without concern, backdoor politics, failed campaign promises, perpetual campaigning, partisan attacks...what politican does that not describe?

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
you know george carlin once said that if you vote and elect dishonest, incompentent and corrupt politicians you have no reason to complain because you are the ones who elected them into office. Therefore if you voted for bush you have no reason to complain because you were the one who created this mess.
+1

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Kinda sad that we quote George Carlin as our political savant. It's not the first time it's happened either....lol

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Kinda sad that we quote George Carlin as our political savant. It's not the first time it's happened either....lol
Better than quoting ignorant people who post facts on websites and blogs and who run for President and hoping they will be America's savant...i guess that goes both ways, huh? Geroge Carlin had a ton of political common sense and very few America's can see through the horse crap that happens in this country...

Just my two pennies...

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Better than quoting ignorant people who post facts on websites and blogs and who run for President and hoping they will be America's savant...i guess that goes both ways, huh?

Probably not, but you shouldn't care.....

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Probably not, but you shouldn't care.....
Why don't you let me keep track of what i care about. Or is that not allowed either in America? Last i checked, all opinions on this website were allowed as long as it doesn't break rules. Has that changed now for some reason? Because all these informative and stereotypical conversations included on this site are 95&#37; opinions, nothing more...

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Why don't you let keep track of what i care about. Or is that not allowed either in America? Last i checked, all opinions on this website were allowed as long as it doesn't break rules. Has that changed now for some reason? Because all these informative and stereotypical conversations included on this site are 95% opinions, nothing more...

CHURCH!! :love0030:

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
And for the record what's "illogical" is voting for garbage into office, then crying about the direction this country is going in...

But that's an opinion also...

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 12:29 PM

PM Sent...

duwal
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM

I voted for McCain even though he would have just as hard of a time in trying to turn around Bush's mess but this time around I'm going to vote for Obama because 1) I don't see any candidate on my Republican side that can do any better than Obama and 2) my life has gotten financially better with Obama and really have no complaints at all with what he is doing. Those that are having problems with him should look in the mirror and maybe change their life somehow if things are so rough and in despair

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I voted for McCain even though he would have just as hard of a time in trying to turn around Bush's mess but this time around I'm going to vote for Obama because 1) I don't see any candidate on my Republican side that can do any better than Obama and 2) my life has gotten financially better with Obama and really have no complaints at all with what he is doing. Those that are having problems with him should look in the mirror and maybe change their life somehow if things are so rough and in despair

My life got financially better under Bush and I still had complaints. That's a pretty terrible argument. So you have complaints about "Bush's mess" but none about Obama? What has he done differently? Cripple the healthcare, energy, and national debt?

pghin08
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes you can say that.

Honestly, my #1 beef with Obama is that he is looking more and more like a typical politican. Spending without concern, backdoor politics, failed campaign promises, perpetual campaigning, partisan attacks...what politican does that not describe?

Wow. You and I are 100% on the same page.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Let me give you some for that.

CHURCH!! :love0030:

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
My life got financially better under Bush and I still had complaints. That's a pretty terrible argument. So you have complaints about "Bush's mess" but none about Obama? What has he done differently? Cripple the healthcare, energy, and national debt?

And tell me how any of what you mentioned does not describe your lil buddy gwb to the tee?

theonedru
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM

Actually this mess tarted long before Clinton it can be traced back to Regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies A by borrowing from monies B and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, While Obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Actually this mess tarted long before Clinton it can be traced back to Regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during Reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies A by borrowing from monies B and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, While Obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.

Church!! :love0030:

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
actually this mess tarted long before clinton it can be traced back to regan ( national debt rose from $900 billion to $2.8 trillion during reagan's tenure ) mismanagement of national funds and the constant attempt to pay off monies a by borrowing from monies b and so on and ta da we have this national debt crisis, while obama and the last few presidents have not done well it must be said they didnt start out with much in the way of economic hope, then again they didn't nip it in the bud when they had the chance they continued to hide, cover up and mismanage our $.
+1

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 02:46 PM

Why was this? To reduce interest rates and inflation? As well as ramping up the defense budget. It seems his tax policies had some positive effect seeing the federal deficit related to GDP was almost half of what it was when he took office. Sounds like more revenue to me. He grew the GDP dramatically, cut unemployment and drastically lowered inflation.
It does suck that we had to triple the deficit by all means. I believe it dissapointed Reagan as well. But to blame him for the wreckless spending of that last couple administrations is stupid.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM
And tell me how any of what you mentioned does not describe your lil buddy gwb to the tee?

I don't think "my lil buddy GWB" did anything to the healthcare or energy market.

theonedru
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Why was this? To reduce interest rates and inflation? As well as ramping up the defense budget. It seems his tax policies had some positive effect seeing the federal deficit related to GDP was almost half of what it was when he took office. Sounds like more revenue to me. He grew the GDP dramatically, cut unemployment and drastically lowered inflation.
It does suck that we had to triple the deficit by all means. I believe it dissapointed Reagan as well. But to blame him for the wreckless spending of that last couple administrations is stupid.

None of that really matters when the lasting effect was an almost tripling of the national debt. And its not only the reckless spending by those after him, its the fact they never addressed the debt solutions and just kept doing what they party before them did because the money was there to cover everything up. Just recently the resources dried up enough to reveal the economic devastation that had been eating away at this country for decades. Obama still tried to pull it off with the stimulus spending which did nothing. You can't fix old problems with old solutions.

11chaos
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM

http://forum.falloutstudios.org/style_emoticons/default/sheep.gif

duwal
11-22-2011, 03:25 PM

well we know that, you have complaints about everything!! :kiss:

How exactly has Obama taken money out of your pocket? I don't give a crap about the national debt just like if a friend I know is in financial debt. No reason for me to worry, its not my problem. I'll help them out some if they're really in hard times but again its not something that is my concern to deal with. And who cares about energy? The world will still be around for the next possible 80 years of our lives so live it up. I'm not going to turn in my '72 Chevelle and Dodge Viper so I can pretend I'm making a difference in the world with my new electric cars. Just like everyone says about our government and their help with foreign aid. Take care of ourselves here first and then if we have the means help out others

pghin08
11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't think "my lil buddy GWB" did anything to the healthcare or energy market.

Bush deregulated the crap out of the energy market when he was Governor of Texas, and he pretty much continued it during his presidency. After all, there were tons of rumors going around that Bush was going to make deregulation king (and former Enron Chairman) Ken Lay his Energy Secretary, but eventually choosing Spencer Abraham instead. Makes me wonder if Bush knew at that point, that Enron was a house of cards. He and Lay were apparently great friends.

duwal
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Bush deregulated the crap out of the energy market when he was Governor of Texas, and he pretty much continued it during his presidency. After all, there were tons of rumors going around that Bush was going to make deregulation king (and former Enron Chairman) Ken Lay his Energy Secretary, but eventually choosing Spencer Abraham instead. Makes me wonder if Bush knew at that point, that Enron was a house of cards. He and Lay were apparently great friends.

so he thought he had a good Lay but turned out to be a bad one??? We've all been there :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM

wow, are we really knocking bush now because of who he thought about choosing for an appointment? do we really need to look at all the people obama was close to? come on man

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM

How is the energy market in texas doing? Tons of rumors?? Can I start a rumor now that Obama is going to appoint Bill Ayers to secretary of defense and Saul Alinsky to the attorney general if he gets re-elected?? ;)

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
well we know that, you have complaints about everything!! :kiss:

How exactly has Obama taken money out of your pocket? I don't give a crap about the national debt just like if a friend I know is in financial debt. No reason for me to worry, its not my problem. I'll help them out some if they're really in hard times but again its not something that is my concern to deal with. And who cares about energy? The world will still be around for the next possible 80 years of our lives so live it up. I'm not going to turn in my '72 Chevelle and Dodge Viper so I can pretend I'm making a difference in the world with my new electric cars. Just like everyone says about our government and their help with foreign aid. Take care of ourselves here first and then if we have the means help out others

Only things from people of your ilk.....:winking0071:

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 03:38 PM

My point exactly. That is why we continued to have millions of uninsured americans. When President Obama tried to do something to help them your beloved republicans stonewalled that idea real quick. :winking0071:

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
My point exactly. That is why we continued to have millions of uninsured americans. When President Obama tried to do something to help them your beloved republicans stonewalled that idea real quick. :winking0071:

Anyone can get healthcare. Let's just put everyone on medicaid now instead. That better for ya?

duwal
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Only things from people of your ilk.....:winking0071:

oh no, you aren't one of those 99%ers complaining I have too much money are you? :sign0020:

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Anyone can get healthcare. Let's just put everyone on medicaid now instead. That better for ya?

Tell that to the millions of unisured americans.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
oh no, you aren't one of those 99%ers complaining I have too much money are you? :sign0020:

lol, uhhh not really......Make as much to your little hearts content.:cheer2:

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM

I don't need to, they could figure it out I would hope. But thanks to the liberals, we will all be forced into garbage coverage.

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 04:10 PM

i was one of those. guess what, i cut a ton of crap out of my expenses and pay for it myself. never once did i have the thought that someone owed me insurance. never once did i think that it was the president, or congresses responsibility to pay for me to have insurance.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
i was one of those. guess what, i cut a ton of crap out of my expenses and pay for it myself. never once did i have the thought that someone owed me insurance. never once did i think that it was the president, or congresses responsibility to pay for me to have insurance.

And I take my hat off to you for that. However not everyone's financial situation and lifestyle is the same and it may not be feasible for someone else to cut anything else out of their budget for health insurance costs.

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Sure can if you can afford it...

*toilet flushes*

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
You're right America, congressmen, or anyone for that matter doesn't owe you anything so quit crying about politics then...

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM
tell that to the millions of unisured americans.
+1

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 05:12 PM
You're right America, congressmen, or anyone for that matter doesn't owe you anything so quit crying about politics then...

huh?

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Sure can if you can afford it...

*toilet flushes*
Or if you go to the hospital or clinic.....Everyone can and will be treated.

brandonbarnett
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Now while you sit there and call Nascar fans racist you do realize there are Black drivers and even had a black race car driver win a race in 1963.... anybody remember when NBC tried to prove Nascar fans as racist and hatefull to "non Christian" views by placing muslims at a race and nothing happened?? Have you ever thought maybe they don't like the views her and her husband stand for??

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Now while you sit there and call Nascar fans racist you do realize there are Black drivers and even had a black race car driver win a race in 1963.... anybody remember when NBC tried to prove Nascar fans as racist and hatefull to "non Christian" views by placing muslims at a race and nothing happened?? Have you ever thought maybe they don't like the views her and her husband stand for??

hey now, you evidence, facts, and common sense have no business around here. They aren't welcome! :winking0071:

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
generally inflammatory actions
I'm pretty sure there isn't ONE single person in the P & R Forum that hasn't broken that rule...

duwal
11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't ONE single person in the P & R Forum that hasn't broken that rule...

they have but they're buddy buddy with the mods so they can get away with it

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM

not sure if you are, but if you are posting from a pm that is against the site rules. you might want to delete. if not, rock on

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM

really? you act like people on these boards hang out or something. it isn't hard to read through posts and see that while everyone disagrees, some are picking fights and writing things to purposely inflame the situation.

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
really? you act like people on these boards hang out or something. it isn't hard to read through posts and see that while everyone disagrees, some are picking fights and writing things to purposely inflame the situation.
That can be said about 95% of the posters in the P & R Forum also...from my view the only difference is who's doing it and getting away with it...you can use this thread for reference...i've seen some "not very intelligent" views on people on welfare, but soon as the roles get reversed on some race fans (comical i know) posts get deleted and all hell breaks loose...it's funny my post got deleted, but i had a poster personal attack me FIRST and his post is still there, why is that?

A lot of people don't understand the difference from attacking welfare people, race fans, etc. And personally attacking a poster on this forum...i have NEVER thrown a personal attack at some one on this forum until they have to me...

PLEASE BE CONSISTENT...

brandonbarnett
11-22-2011, 07:54 PM
hey now, you evidence, facts, and common sense have no business around here. They aren't welcome! :winking0071:

So does that mean If people wanna play the race and politics I am not allowed to point out people like William Holden a REPUBLICAN who was so far against the klan he was removed from office?? or former Grand Wizard David Duke ran for president as a Democrat.... and I believe its was former Democrat Gov. George Wallace who said. " I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

And now none of this means alot these days but its pointless to try to prove Nascar fans as Republican racists...... when History shows a different side.

*censored*
11-22-2011, 08:14 PM
So does that mean If people wanna play the race and politics I am not allowed to point out people like William Holden a REPUBLICAN who was so far against the klan he was removed from office?? or former Grand Wizard David Duke ran for president as a Democrat.... and I believe its was former Democrat Gov. George Wallace who said. " I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

And now none of this means alot these days but its pointless to try to prove Nascar fans as Republican racists...... when History shows a different side.

History shows the Republicans and Democrats have completely switched sides over race in the last 50 years. Strom Thurmond for one abandoned the Democrats and went Republican just because he thoughts the Dems were getting too soft on racial issues. Just saying.

brandonbarnett
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
History shows the Republicans and Democrats have completely switched sides over race in the last 50 years. Strom Thurmond for one abandoned the Democrats and went Republican just because he thoughts the Dems were getting too soft on racial issues. Just saying.

Which brings the main point.... Nascar fans as a hole didn't boo her cuz of race or hate for democrats *even tho nothing is perfect and some "MIGHT" have* Its for the views she has....

duane1969
11-22-2011, 08:38 PM

Here is the brass tacks. As it stands now, nobody else on staff is willing to put up with the ignorant childish bickering that goes on in here and quite frankly, I have had my fill. I do this for free and all I get is headaches in return. I have had enough.

duwal
11-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Here is the brass tacks. As it stands now, nobody else on staff is willing to put up with the ignorant childish bickering that goes on in here and quite frankly, I have had my fill. I do this for free and all I get is headaches in return. I have had enough.

the best thing for this site would be to have the Politics and Religion thread taken down

tutall
11-22-2011, 09:41 PM
the best thing for this site would be to have the Politics and Religion thread taken down

Actually the best thing would make it so you could only have intelligent discussions based on laws, policies, ideas, and tangible facts instead of hatred towards groups we find in the minority and backhanded ignorent comments.

duane1969
11-22-2011, 09:42 PM

The best thing for this site would be for people to be able to have a discussion without resorting to insults and immature snide comments.

Which is why I said that there will be a zero tolerance policy from now on. I have tried to be nice and cut people some slack but that was obviously a mistake. The very people that I gave a break to are the exact ones constantly stirring up arguments.

And per your comment "buddy buddy with the mods", I am the only mod (until a few minutes ago) and I am "buddy buddy" with no one. Other than Kurt (pghn08) there is not a single person in this forum that I have ever PMed with other than to issue warnings. I do not pick favorites or take sides. I try to give everyone a little slack and I send PM warnings to everyone who steps outside of the boundaries.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Actually the best thing would make it so you could only have intelligent discussions based on laws, policies, ideas, and tangible facts instead of hatred towards groups we find in the minority and backhanded ignorent comments.

CHURCH!! :cheer2:

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 08:38 AM

1963?? Are you serious. If you have to go back to 1963 as the last time a Black driver has won a race then nascar has some serious diversity issues.

sanfran22
11-23-2011, 09:11 AM
1963?? Are you serious. If you have to go back to 1963 as the last time a Black driver has won a race then nascar has some serious diversity issues.

Lol, seriously? Does basketball now have some serious diversity issues? Or how about the Hip Hop game? How about we drop the diversity issue garbage, I doubt black folks and women for that matter are lining up to drive cars...

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Lol, seriously? Does basketball now have some serious diversity issues? Or how about the Hip Hop game? How about we drop the diversity issue garbage, I doubt black folks and women for that matter are lining up to drive cars...
Isn't the NBA Champion Dirk Nowitzki, white?

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Basketball?? What planet do you live on? Have you heard of Steve Nash, Dirk, Larry Bird, or Yao Ming? Also google Mitch Mcgary. He is one of the top high school basketball prospects and projected to be a first round draft pick whenever he declares for the draft. Also driving cars? Dosen't every able bodied adult with the means either drives a car or is working to buy a car? Again sanfran22 on behalf of everyone on sportscard forum I invite you to join the rest of us in the 21st century. Hell you might even like it if you give it a chance.

sanfran22
11-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Basketball?? What planet do you live on? Have you heard of Steve Nash, Dirk, Larry Bird, or Yao Ming? Also google Mitch Mcgary. He is one of the top high school basketball prospects and projected to be a first round draft pick whenever he declares for the draft. Also driving cars? Dosen't every able bodied adult with the means either drives a car or is working to buy a car? Again sanfran22 on behalf of everyone on sportscard forum I invite you to join the rest of us in the 21st century. Hell you might even like it if you give it a chance.

We are talking about diversity I thought. What's the percentage? You totally missed my point as usual. Here, I'll help you.....

"Recently, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" ran a segment about the declining number of white American players in the NBA. Apparently the league is currently 71.8 percent African-American, 18.3 percent international and 9.9 percent white American and there's a problem. To underscore the "whiteout" of the NBA, "Outside the Lines" chose to follow the trials and tribulations of Kyle McAlarney, a former standout point guard from Notre Dame whose dream is to play in the NBA. According to McAlarney, his race is keeping him out of the league."

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:33 AM
We are talking about diversity I thought. What's the percentage? You totally missed my point as usual. Here, I'll help you.....

"Recently, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" ran a segment about the declining number of white American players in the NBA. Apparently the league is currently 71.8 percent African-American, 18.3 percent international and 9.9 percent white American and there's a problem. To underscore the "whiteout" of the NBA, "Outside the Lines" chose to follow the trials and tribulations of Kyle McAlarney, a former standout point guard from Notre Dame whose dream is to play in the NBA. According to McAlarney, his race is keeping him out of the league."

Kyle McAlarney??? Who the hell is that? I'm sure must nba general managers are asking the same question. That is really far fetched that white owners and general managers are conspiring to keep qualified white players from playing in the nba. As seen by all of the foreigners in the nba if you are in antartica and have game the nba will come calling. Please stop getting your sports facts and information from rush limbaugh. He is a complete idiot.

sanfran22
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Kyle McAlarney??? Who the hell is that? I'm sure must nba general managers are asking the same question. That is really far fetched that white owners and general managers are conspiring to keep qualified white players from playing in the nba. As seen by all of the foreigners in the nba if you are in antartica and have game the nba will come calling. Please stop getting your sports facts and information from rush limbaugh. He is a complete idiot.

You are completly missing the point, you cried about diversity so I asked you how diverse the NBA is. I don't care what color anyone is who plays any sport but you apparently do. I was playing devils advocate and asking you a question. I don't need sports info from Rush, he and I both know more then you obviously....Please, in the future, read and comprehend what is in front of you.

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Isn't the NBA Champion Dirk Nowitzki, white?

No he is German....

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Nash South African, Bird regular white guy, Ming from China....

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
You are completly missing the point, you cried about diversity so I asked you how diverse the NBA is. I don't care what color anyone is who plays any sport but you apparently do. I was playing devils advocate and asking you a question. I don't need sports info from Rush, he and I both know more then you obviously....Please, in the future, read and comprehend what is in front of you.

Yes I mentioned diversity. Let me ask you this. Please be honest and objective in answering this. Is it easier for a well qualified white or any other non african american player to make it in the nba or is it easier for a well qualified black athlete to make it in nascar? And no I don't care about the race of a ball player as long as he/she has game. Also if you think that an idiot like rush limbaugh knows more than anyone you need to educate yourself because obviously you don't know as much as you claim that you do.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:50 AM
No he is German....
That's his nationality...he's white...nice try...last i knew the government doesn't ask if you are german...

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Nash...white guy...

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 09:53 AM

1963 was when the only "black" nascar driver ever one, but nascar has had other "black" drivers ie Bill Lester...had women drivers... Boris Said is not a white american driver.... many from Canada.... Randy Moss own's a truck team... they race japanesse cars..... and sorry but there is more race's in this world than black and white and you can't discredit someone who has white skin yet there from Russia or there German....or there from Africa....etc

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Nash South African, Bird regular white guy, Ming from China....

My point exactly. There are more than just africian americans in the nba. The leauge has stars from all continents. It is truly an international game. The same can't be same about nascar.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Here's let's just keep this real simple...name all the great players in the nba that are and where white and in the top 50 in the hof...now lets do the same thing for black drivers in nascar...

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
boy, people take nascar serious around here, huh?

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
1963 was when the only "black" nascar driver ever one, but nascar has had other "black" drivers ie Bill Lester...had women drivers... Boris Said is not a white american driver.... many from Canada.... Randy Moss own's a truck team... they race japanesse cars..... and sorry but there is more race's in this world than black and white and you can't discredit someone who has white skin yet there from Russia or there German....or there from Africa....etc

It's sad that you can name all of the few black nascar drivers. Like I said I am actually a casual nascar fan but I know that it has its diversity issues. Of the all the major sports in the united states the nfl and nba are the most diverse. And with a few exceptions the best players are the ones who play regardless of race or nationality. Also what does someone's skin color has to do with their country. If I pack up and move to china tommorrow does that somehow change the fact that I am black? If I have have kids that born and raised over there from my black wife would that make them chinese? Steve Nash, Dirk and Larry Bird are all great white ball players regardless of what country they were born in.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Here's let's just keep this real simple...name all the great players in the nba that are and where white and in the top 50 in the hof...now lets do the same thing for black drivers in nascar...

I hear the crickets chirping.....

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
I hear the crickets chirping.....
Like a finely tuned orchestra...

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM

NOTE: I am neither an NBA fan nor a NASCAR fan so I am unsure of exact numbers.

There are what? 20 or so NBA team, times 11 players per team. That calculates to over 200 NBA players per season. The NBA has been around since before blacks were even allowed to play so you have to eliminate any whites that played before the mid-1950's from that list.

NASCAR has what 20 or 30 drivers per year? NASCAR has been around since the 1960's but didn't get popular on a national level until the late 1970's or so.

You can't just take raw numbers and act like that is proof. Also you have to factor in black interest in NASCAR. Do any blacks you know like NASCAR? I can't recall the last time I saw a black guy wearing a NASCAR shirt or hat. Are there black drivers lined up waiting to get into NASCAR that I am unaware of?

And do you consider hockey to be a racist sport too? In a long and storied history there have only been maybe 50 or so black players. Does that make hockey a racists sport too?

What about tennis? Also racists? You can count on your fingers the number of black champions they have had since they were formed 130 years ago. Is tennis racists too?

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 10:23 AM
It's sad that you can name all of the few black nascar drivers. Like I said I am actually a casual nascar fan but I know that it has its diversity issues. Of the all the major sports in the united states the nfl and nba are the most diverse. And with a few exceptions the best players are the ones who play regardless of race or nationality. Also what does someone's skin color has to do with their country. If I pack up and move to china tommorrow does that somehow change the fact that I am black? If I have have kids that born and raised over there from my black wife would that make them chinese? Steve Nash, Dirk and Larry Bird are all great white ball players regardless of what country they were born in.

Everything... your lumping people into either white or black and it doesn't work that way..... Tell someone whos family is from Asia but there 3rd generation here that there just "white" and see what happens.... I myself don't care much for Nascar I am just sick of people playing a "race" card on everything and then consider there to only be 2 races...

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 10:25 AM

There are what? 20 or so NBA team, times 11 players per team. That calculates to over 200 NBA players per season. The NBA has been around since before blacks were even allowed to play so you have to eliminate any whites that played before the mid-1950's from that list.

NASCAR has what 20 or 30 drivers per year? NASCAR has been around since the 1960's but didn't get popular on a national level until the late 1970's or so.

You can't just take raw numbers and act like that is proof. Also you have to factor in black interest in NASCAR. Do any blacks you know like NASCAR? I can't recall the last time I saw a black guy wearing a NASCAR shirt or hat.

And do you consider hockey to be a racist sport too? In a long and storied history there have only been maybe 50 or so black players. Does that make hockey a racists sport too?

What about tennis? Also racists? You can count on your fingers the number of black champions they have had since they were formed 130 years ago. Is tennis racists too?
Do any of those organization's encourage blacks to participate in them? Tennis is FINALLY breaking the barriers...

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 10:27 AM
That's his nationality...he's white...nice try...last i knew the government doesn't ask if you are german...

Really?? Really?? So race and nationality have nothing to do with one another???

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Really?? Really?? So race and nationality have nothing to do with one another???
Please read your history...indians are not white...asians are not white, etc, etc. Germans are white...nice way of TRYING to put words in my mouth. I'll repeat Germans are white...that is all...dig all you want, but 2 + 2 ALWAYS equals 4...

P.S. My mother's side is fully-blooded sicilian and my father's side is half Black-foot Indian and half German. In the governments eyes, i'm white...

Tiger Woods is asian/black...the government considers him black...what's that tell you?

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Do any of those organization's encourage blacks to participate in them? Tennis is FINALLY breaking the barriers...

I know that NASCAR has been frustrated by the lack of black interest in their sport. I saw a thing on Joe Gibbs starting his race team and the race issue came up and they talked about the things that NASCAR has done to try and stir interest but they have had little success. They are also concerned with the lack of interest from children. NASCAR is almost exclusively supported by white males.

Also, getting into NASCAR is a long process. You don't get drafted. You work your way up. Most of today's drivers started off driving homemade race cars on dirt tracks when they were in their teens. They work their way up the ladder thru different series, Sprint Cup comes to mind. If you are a winner at lower levels then you get hired to be a driver at a higher level of racing.

The simple reality is that blacks could care less about NASCAR. Can you name 10 NASCAR drivers without Googling it? I am a white male from West Virginia and I can't. Cars doing 200MPH in a cirlce just doesn't have the appeal to young blacks that dunking a basketball or catching a TD pass does.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I know that NASCAR has been frustrated by the lack of black interest in their sport. I saw a thing on Joe Gibbs starting his race team and the race issue came up and they talked about the things that NASCAR has done to try and stir interest but they have had little success. They are also concerned with the lack of interest from children. NASCAR is almost exclusively supported by white males.

Also, getting into NASCAR is a long process. You don't get drafted. You work your way up. Most of today's drivers started off driving homemade race cars on dirt tracks when they were in their teens. They work their way up the ladder thru different series, Sprint Cup comes to mind. If you are a winner at lower levels then you get hired to be a driver at a higher level of racing.

The simple reality is that blacks could care less about NASCAR. Can you name 10 NASCAR drivers without Googling it? I am a white male from West Virginia and I can't. Cars doing 200MPH in a cirlce just doesn't have the appeal to young blacks that dunking a basketball or catching a TD pass does.
I can name a few, BUT i have no interest watching cars go in a circle for 2 hours. I like NHRA more actually. They BARELY have black drivers also...

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 10:39 AM

You can't just take raw numbers and act like that is proof. Also you have to factor in black interest in NASCAR. Do any blacks you know like NASCAR? I can't recall the last time I saw a black guy wearing a NASCAR shirt or hat. Are there black drivers lined up waiting to get into NASCAR that I am unaware of?

I'm not trying to suggest that the nascar organization as a whole or any of its drivers are racists but some as far as some of thier fans go that is a different story. The nascar company is trying to get more diverse from what I have seen but lets be perfectly honest nascar will never be the nfl or nba in any of our lifetimes. Also one of the reasons that blacks gravitate more towards football and basketball just like why some southern whites gravitate towards nascar is people naturally enjoy sports and other activities that they can relate too. If they see people who look like them there is a higher change that they will become fans of the sport. Basketball is an easier sport to appeal to the masses because all you need is a ball and a hoop. Nascar is much harder because not everyone has access to a race car to practice on. Because of that nascar has not had the opportunity to grow its fan base like basketball has. Since you have some of the same good ole boys watching the sport that is why Mrs Obama was treated the way that she was. Again this is not a knock on nascar or all of its fans but just the ones who are still stuck in 1950.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Please read your history...indians are not white...asians are not white, etc, etc. Germans are white...nice way of TRYING to put words in my mouth. I'll repeat Germans are white...that is all...dig all you want, but 2 + 2 ALWAYS equals 4...

P.S. My mother's side is fully-blooded sicilian and my father's side is half Black-foot Indian and half German. In the governments eyes, i'm white...

Tiger Woods is asian/black...the government considers him black...what's that tell you?

Just playing devil's advocate here. The government considers you to be whatever your parents put on your birth certificate.

I am also considered white. Brace yourself for this one. On my mother's side I am full Italian. On my fathers side I am half-German and half-Cherokee. Scary huh?

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Just playing devil's advocate here. The government considers you to be whatever your parents put on your birth certificate.

I am also considered white. Brace yourself for this one. On my mother's side I am full Italian. On my fathers side I am half-German and half-Cherokee. Scary huh?
That's good to know, my next kid i'm going to put he's black on his birth certificate and i'll tell you how that flies...the reason i say that is because then he can apply for black scholarships too?, aye?

Wow! No wonder we can't play nicely...

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
boy, people take nascar serious around here, huh?

i would rather do just about anything besides watch nascar so I am not replying as a fan. However, you come on here and call nascar fans, racism, toothless, rednecks and you wonder why people are getting worked up. You came on this thread to pick a fight and when you succeeded you are acting shocked.

As an astros fan (yeah, i know) there were a number of years where they only had 1 black player. There was talk constantly about whether the owner had an issue with black players, whether they were purposefully choosing to be a white team, etc. Last I checked there are plenty of NBA teams that have no more than 1 white player but no one cares. No one cares because no one should. There are sports that appeal to different people. It has been said for years that heavyweight boxing is at an all-time low because most people who would fight are now going into basketball or football. Is that anyone's fault? No. Should nascar be creating programs to recruit black kids just so no one can say they are racist? Should the NBA be running camps only for native american kids so people don't think they are racist against indians?

lloydr04
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Italian= white
German= white
so youre 75 to 25?

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM

Good points duane. Sad thing about it is that most people outside of a few hardcore fans and people like me who took a slight intrest in nascar who have any intrest in watching. Also in case anyone cared without the assistance of outside websites here is all of the nascar drivers past and present that I can think of off the top of my head:

Rusty Wallace, Dale Ernhart Sr, Dale Jr, Davey Allison, Allen Klowicky, Jeff Gordon, Danica Patrica. There is one more famous driver that made a commercial with a girl kissing on him but his name is drawing a blank. How many nascar drivers can ya'll name.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm not trying to suggest that the nascar organization as a whole or any of its drivers are racists but some as far as some of thier fans go that is a different story. The nascar company is trying to get more diverse from what I have seen but lets be perfectly honest nascar will never be the nfl or nba in any of our lifetimes. Also one of the reasons that blacks gravitate more towards football and basketball just like why some southern whites gravitate towards nascar is people naturally enjoy sports and other activities that they can relate too. If they see people who look like them there is a higher change that they will become fans of the sport. Basketball is an easier sport to appeal to the masses because all you need is a ball and a hoop. Nascar is much harder because not everyone has access to a race car to practice on. Because of that nascar has not had the opportunity to grow its fan base like basketball has. Since you have some of the same good ole boys watching the sport that is why Mrs Obama was treated the way that she was. Again this is not a knock on nascar or all of its fans but just the ones who are still stuck in 1950.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think she was booed because she is black.

If she was Donovan McNabb's wife she would not have been booed. If she was Condi Rice she gets cheered. If she was Angela Basset or Gabriel Union most of the guys in the stands would have invited her to sit with them and a few would have gotten into fights for the right to sit with her. She was booed becuase she was representing the Obama administration.

She could have been purple with green polka dots, standing on her head, saying her ABC's backwards and spinning a big ball with her feet, as soon as she was announced as having anything to do with Obama she was getting booed.

Newsflash. Obama is not popular amongst conservatives and you can probably count on your finger the number of liberals at a NASCAR race. It was dumb to go there and expect to be cheered.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
That's good to know, my next kid i'm going to put he's black on his birth certificate and i'll tell you how that flies...the reason i say that is because then he can apply for black scholarships too?, aye?

Wow! No wonder we can't play nicely...

Now you are arguing a moot point.

If Tiger's Woods' mom (who is Asian) had told them to put Asian on the birth certificate then you can bet it would say Asian.

Everything has to be within reason but to say that the government sees everyone as either black or white is erroneous.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
i would rather do just about anything besides watch nascar so I am not replying as a fan. However, you come on here and call nascar fans, racism, toothless, rednecks and you wonder why people are getting worked up. You came on this thread to pick a fight and when you succeeded you are acting shocked.

As an astros fan (yeah, i know) there were a number of years where they only had 1 black player. There was talk constantly about whether the owner had an issue with black players, whether they were purposefully choosing to be a white team, etc. Last I checked there are plenty of NBA teams that have no more than 1 white player but no one cares. No one cares because no one should. There are sports that appeal to different people. It has been said for years that heavyweight boxing is at an all-time low because most people who would fight are now going into basketball or football. Is that anyone's fault? No. Should nascar be creating programs to recruit black kids just so no one can say they are racist? Should the NBA be running camps only for native american kids so people don't think they are racist against indians?
I think the same can be said about lower class people and people's opinions of people on welfare, but i didn't see posts getting deleted over that...as for picking a fight i think that can be said for about 95% of this forum population...i honestly have no problem with bumps and bruises just make sure those bumps and bruises are consistent...and don't call one thing trolling or personal attacks when we still have posts in this thread that are blatant personal attacks since here, right now...

I think i have explained this three other times in this thread so i'll say it one more time just for you. On this forums i have seen welfare people and lower class people in general dragged through the mud. So i figured i would return the favor for NASCAR fans that were acting like total tools. There is a very big difference in calling NASCAR fans tools and calling you (a member of this forum) a tool. Here's point by numbers examples:

1.) "Boy, NASCAR fans sure are tools." (not directed at anyone on this thread personally, a general statement)

2.) "All those people on welfare abuse the system and etc, etc, etc. "(general statement ALTHOUGH some one on this forum could be on welfare, just like a NASCAR fan)

3.) "Hey! You're a left person and your parents should be ashamed of you!" (responding to a member on the boards. PERSONAL ATTACK)

4.) "You're a redneck and love your cousin, because you enjoy NASCAR!"(replying to a member on this forum. PERSONAL ATTACK)

We all know this already, i'm really not sure why i'm trying to explain it...again...

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM

Hilfiger wasn't trying to call all nascar fans toothless rednecks he was trying to make a point about stereotyping people. There was another discussion about welfare and people bought up sterotypes about welfare. So he responded about what most people think about nascar fans that they are a bunch of dumb rednecks. I would think that all of us know that not everyone who is on welfare milking the system just like everyone who watches nascar a dumb redneck. I'm sure that some ppl on welfare abuse the system just like there are some redneck nascar fans but it is not 100% on either side. However the nascar fans who booed Mrs Obama and Mrs Biden showed their utter lack or class and you can't tell me that their wasn't some racial overtones in booing them. Now as far as having camps the nba has camps all over the world in places like africa, india and china looking for the next big thing. Baseball is also trying to reach out to kids all over the world. Again it is not feasible for nascar to run camps like other sports looking for talent but they are trying. It's just too bad that they can't run camps to recruit a new fanbase because the ones who booed the first lady make me ashamed to tell anyone that I ever watched a nascar race or bought any nascar memorbillia.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 11:04 AM

If Tiger's Woods' mom (who is Asian) had told them to put Asian on the birth certificate then you can bet it would say Asian.

Everything has to be within reason but to say that the government sees everyone as either black or white is erroneous.

That's not true duane. Per law one drop of black blood makes you black.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think she was booed because she is black.

If she was Donovan McNabb's wife she would not have been booed. If she was Condi Rice she gets cheered. If she was Angela Basset or Gabriel Union most of the guys in the stands would have invited her to sit with them and a few would have gotten into fights for the right to sit with her. She was booed becuase she was representing the Obama administration.

She could have been purple with green polka dots, standing on her head, saying her ABC's backwards and spinning a big ball with her feet, as soon as she was announced as having anything to do with Obama she was getting booed.

Newsflash. Obama is not popular amongst conservatives and you can probably count on your finger the number of liberals at a NASCAR race. It was dumb to go there and expect to be cheered.
Freedom of speech in America, just not freedom to go wherever you like? That's hypocritical don't you think because of ignorant people?

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Hilfiger wasn't trying to call all nascar fans toothless rednecks he was trying to make a point about stereotyping people. There was another discussion about welfare and people bought up sterotypes about welfare. So he responded about what most people think about nascar fans that they are a bunch of dumb rednecks. I would think that all of us know that not everyone who is on welfare milking the system just like everyone who watches nascar a dumb redneck. I'm sure that some ppl on welfare abuse the system just like there are some redneck nascar fans but it is not 100% on either side. However the nascar fans who booed Mrs Obama and Mrs Biden showed their utter lack or class and you can't tell me that their wasn't some racial overtones in booing them. Now as far as having camps the nba has camps all over the world in places like africa, india and china looking for the next big thing. Baseball is also trying to reach out to kids all over the world. Again it is not feasible for nascar to run camps like other sports looking for talent but they are trying. It's just too bad that they can't run camps to recruit a new fanbase because the ones who booed the first lady make me ashamed to tell anyone that I ever watched a nascar race or bought any nascar memorbillia.
Wow, out of all these people on this forum you are the only one that seeing what i have done and trying to show everyone...

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Italian= white
German= white
so youre 75 to 25?

NO, I am 100% American. I do not identify myself by race.

I think the same can be said about lower class people and people's opinions of people on welfare, but i didn't see posts getting deleted over that...as for picking a fight i think that can be said for about 95% of this forum population...i honestly have no problem with bumps and bruises just make sure those bumps and bruises are consistent...and don't call one thing trolling or personal attacks when we still have posts in this thread that are blatant personal attacks since here, right now...

I have never seen anyone apply derogatory definitions to the poor like you did with NASCAR fans. If I did I would remove it. It is inflammatory and unwelcomed. If you can show me where it is at I will remove it right now.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Editing post

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 11:11 AM

So if you packed up and moved to Iran would you condsider yourself an Iranian? Why or why not?

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM

i will avoid any type of race conversation with you in the future. Since you want to see racism where it isn't there isn't a point. If a white person gets booed by a group of black people, no one would assume it is because they are white. But if a black person (and white person) get booed by a group of whites, you assume it is because of race. It is the whole zebra/horse analogy. If you hear hoof beats do you assume the most likely scenario that it is horses or do you assume it is something rarer like a zebra.
It is more likely that obama and biden were booed because the majority of people at a nascar race aren't fans of the current administration or that the majority of nascar fans are all racists and booed because they saw someone black on the jumbotron?

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM

I don't think i EVER said that ONCE...i'm pretty sure i have pointed out that there is a difference between Indians, Asians, Latinos...

Now i want EVERYONE to be aware i'm saying PER THE GOVERNMENT:

"White (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_American). A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe), the Middle East (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East), or North Africa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Africa). It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census#cit e_note-cen-11)

I do know a German is considered White, period...PERIOD...

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Wow, out of all these people on this forum you are the only one that seeing what i have done and trying to show everyone...

everyone got what you were trying to do. however, saying you are just making a point doesn't make it ok to say some of the things you did. Someone saying people on welfare are lazy does not equate to all nascar fans are racist, toothless, rednecks. don't care if you were trying to use satire or not. You, by your own admission, incited a fight to "prove a point."

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:16 AM

I have never seen anyone apply derogatory definitions to the poor like you did with NASCAR fans. If I did I would remove it. It is inflammatory and unwelcomed. If you can show me where it is at I will remove it right now.
So you have different levels of trolling/personal attacks? Read the thread...

P.S. A personal attack on a board member is a personal attack no matter how big or small...

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM

I don't want this to become a public debate. However I would like to point out that his first comment on NASCAR fans was this.

"Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

His 33% comment came as a response to INTIMIDATOR2007 saying comic book fans should not vote.

That's not true duane. Per law one drop of black blood makes you black.

I was unaware of that. Regardless, if Tiger's mom said Asian that is what it would say on the birth certificate. When all of my kids were born my wife and I were asked what race to put on the BC.

Freedom of speech in America, just not freedom to go wherever you like? That's hypocritical don't you think because of ignorant people?

You are twisting what I said. She was and is free to go there. I never said she wasn't. It is just stupid for her to go there and expect to be cheered. Joe Biden would be booed, Nancy Pelosi would be booed. It wasn't the color of her skin, it was the company that she keeps.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
everyone got what you were trying to do. however, saying you are just making a point doesn't make it ok to say some of the things you did. Someone saying people on welfare are lazy does not equate to all nascar fans are racist, toothless, rednecks. don't care if you were trying to use satire or not. You, by your own admission, incited a fight to "prove a point."
Ya, because that's all members on this board ever said about people on welfare is that they are "lazy." :winking0071:

I'm not sure where you got the evidence from...

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM

P.S. A personal attack on a board member is a personal attack no matter how big or small...

i have zero knowledge about anyone on these boards being a recipient of welfare. Until I do, any comment I were to make about people on welfare would be a generality and not a personal attack. You, knowing that people here were nascar fans, made personal attacks. You do see there is a difference right?

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:24 AM

If I applied the "personal attacks" rule to every little backhanded remark then you and a few others would have been banned from P&R on your first day here.

As I have said repeatedly, I try to cut everyone some slack, and you know I have cut you plenty too, but comments with blatantly derogatory or inflammatory remarks will be dealt with.

If someone made a post that said "All Democrats are 33% potheads, 33% homo and 33% baby-killers" then I would remove it and send them a warning too.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Ya, because that's all members on this board ever said about people on welfare is that they are "lazy." :winking0071:

I'm not sure where you got the evidence from...

Where? I have read every single post made in this area for over a year and have not seen anyone say that all welfare recipients are lazy. I may have overlooked it because it was the 4000th pointless post I had read that day but I can not recall that ever being said by anyone.

I can recall numerous occasions where you and others said that was what someone was saying, but that was your interpretation of what they were saying, not what they directly said.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
i have zero knowledge about anyone on these boards being a recipient of welfare. Until I do, any comment I were to make about people on welfare would be a generality and not a personal attack. You, knowing that people here were nascar fans, made personal attacks. You do see there is a difference right?
Um, no i do not know who is a NASCAR fan or care for that matter. Should i ask before i post ignorant comments about welfare people also? The boat sails both ways...i was making a general statement about NASCAR fans and not directly attacking a single member on this forum if you don't understand that, i'm sorry. That's like saying everyone who ever made a bad comment about some one on welfare that all of those members personally attacked me because i was/am on welfare...double standard much?

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Where? I have read every single post made in this area for over a year and have not seen anyone say that all welfare recipients are lazy. I may have overlooked it because it was the 4000th pointless post I had read that day but I can not recall that ever being said by anyone.

I can recall numerous occasions where you and others said that was what someone was saying, but that was your interpretation of what they were saying, not what they directly said.
Wow, you can't be serious, right? You have never seen people on this forum stereotype welfare recipients/poor on this forum in a not so intelligent way, seriously?

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Um, no i do not know who is a NASCAR fan or care for that matter. Should i ask before i post ignorant comments about welfare people also? The boat sails both ways...i was making a general statement about NASCAR fans and not directly attacking a single member on this forum if you don't understand that, i'm sorry. That's like saying everyone who ever made a bad comment about some one on welfare that all of those members personally attacked me because i was/am on welfare...double standard much?

Your 33% comment was made as a direct response to INTIMIDATOR's comment about comic book fans voting (directed at you) and he is clearly a NASCAR fan. How do you expect that to not be taken as a direct statement to him?

If you made a post saying you recieve public assistance and the very next post someone said that welfare recipients are a bunch of lazy slackers who need to get up and find a job, then I would see that as a personal attack on you and deal with them in the exact same manner.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow, you can't be serious, right? You have never seen people on this forum stereotype welfare recipients/poor on this forum in a not so intelligent way, seriously?

No. I have seen them be stereotyped as not wanting to work and I have seen those people either clarify or recant their statement too.

I have not seen anyone say that poor people are unintelligent. Uneducated, yes. And that isn't a stereotype. Data supports the argument that most people living below the poverty line have a low level of education.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, because i don't know for sure since all my posts got deleted.

ME: "Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

Intimadator: "This is exactly why comic book collectors should not vote ."

That was my FIRST post on this matter and it was not a response to intimadator it was a response to the thread. His comment up top was his response to my response...i made a general statement about those fans, period. He chose to throw a stone at me and then i countered...

This was my FIRST post on this matter...and it got deleted, but for some weird reason his reply to my deleted post which quotes what i said did not get deleted why is that?

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM

So you had no idea that INTIMIDATOR2007, who has a big Dale Earnhardt Jr. banner in his sig, and who responded to your "inbred" comment, was a NASCAR fan?

So your "stereotyping" comment, that was directed at his comic book fans comment, had nothing to do with him being a NASCAR fan even though your comment was specifically about NASCAR fans?

Come on.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 11:46 AM
So you had no idea that INTIMIDATOR2007, who has a big Dale Earnhardt Jr. banner in his sig, and who responded to your "inbred" comment, was a NASCAR fan?

So your "stereotyping" comment, that was directed at his comic book fans comment, had nothing to do with him being a NASCAR fan even though your comment was specifically about NASCAR fans?

Come on.

FYI hea actually has Dale Earnhart Sr on his banner not Jr.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, because i don't know for sure since all my posts got deleted.

ME: "Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

Intimadator: "This is exactly why comic book collectors should not vote ."

That was my FIRST post on this matter and it was not a response to intimadator it was a response to the thread. His comment up top was his response to my response...i made a general statement about those fans, period. He chose to throw a stone at me and then i countered...

This was my FIRST post on this matter...and it got deleted, but for some weird reason his reply to my deleted thread which quotes what i said did not get deleted why is that?

OK, here is your correction.

Very first post by veggie "I wonder what our resident nascar expert would have to say about this:"

INTIMIDATOR2007 responded saying that he saw it as no big deal.

You first post was: "Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

After that it snowballed.

If you were that insulted by his comic book collector comment then I will unapprove it too. I did not realize that you would be that insulted by it.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM

Come on.
My first statement had nothing to do with Intimidator2007, period...

habsheaven
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Come on.

Isn't this thread about the actions of NASCAR fans? I don't think it is much of a stretch to believe that is why he directed his comment to NASCAR fans.

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:50 AM
FYI hea actually has Dale Earnhart Sr on his banner not Jr.

I knew that, just mistyped.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Very first post by veggie "I wonder what our resident nascar expert would have to say about this:"

You first post was: "Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

If you were that insulted by his comic book collector comment then I will unapprove it too. I did not realize that you would be that insulted by it.
Ya, that's exactly what happened in the that order. When you have people coming in this thread and deleting all my posts, but leave other trolling/personal attacks what am i suppose to think? Like i said before please be consistent...i could care less about the comic book comment...my first post is right there plain as day and it says not a single thing about him and specifically points out fans at NASCAR events...(stereotyping of course, BUT not a direct attack on a member on this forum)

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Isn't this thread about the actions of NASCAR fans? I don't think it is much of a stretch to believe that is why he directed his comment to NASCAR fans.

The thread was started seeking a response from our "resident NASCAR fan" which is INTIMIDATOR2007. After he responded the inbred comments started rolling.

If someone started a thread seeking a response from our "resident Habs fan" and then after you responded comments about Habs fans being inbred started rolling in, then I would see it as a direct attack against you and deal with it the same way.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
This was my first post in the thread:

I'll be a man about what i did and say yes, my "stereotyping" comment was truly that "stereotyping" on purpose, but i was trying to prove a point about 75% of these members on this board that ACTUALLY stereotype...

duane1969
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Ya, that's exactly what happened in the that order. When you have people coming in this thread and deleting all my posts, but leave other trolling/personal attacks what am i suppose to think? Like i said before please be consistent...i could care less about the comic book comment...my first post is right there plain as day and it says not a single thing about him and specifically points out fans at NASCAR events...(stereotyping of course, BUT not a direct attack on a member on this forum)

Yes, that is EXACTLY what happened EXACTLY in that order.

I didn't delete the posts. I unapproved them so that only staff can see them. They have been there all along, you just couldn't see them. I re-approved them. Go look and tell me again how wrong I am about the order.

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
hilfiger - if you see no difference in saying a group of people are lazy and saying a group of people are inbred, racist, toothless, rednecks then there is no point.

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
This was my first post in the thread:

I'll be a man about what i did and say yes, my "stereotyping" comment was truly that "stereotyping" on purpose, but i was trying to prove a point about 75% of these members on this board that ACTUALLY stereotype...

oh, ok, so when you stereotype it is supposed to be ok because you were just proving a point. gotcha

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
The thread was started seeking a response from our "resident NASCAR fan" which is INTIMIDATOR2007. After he responded the inbred comments started rolling.

If someone started a thread seeking a response from our "resident Habs fan" and then after you responded comments about Habs fans being inbred started rolling in, then I would see it as a direct attack against you and deal with it the same way.
So even though you have my first comment in black and white you are still going to assume that i was talking about INT and not the fans at that event? Truly priceless...just a hypothetical question have you asked INT if he's ever been to one of those events and if he hasn't does that STILL make it a personal attack on him also?

"Just goes to show you how ignorant people at NASCAR events truly are...i blame inbreeding...she has nothing to do with the decisions in this country..."

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM

If I can add my two cents if Intimidator or anyone else was insulted or offended by me asking what would our resident nascar expert think I apologize. I was not trying to offend or insult anyone else I was just curious to get his spin on it since he is a nascar fan and he frequents to P&R forum. Believe it or not even though we are on opposite ends of the spectrum politically I actually like the guy. Both of us live in the same general area and even though I disagree with a lot of what he says he speaks from what is in his heart and that makes the P&R forum more interesting. If it wasn't for people like myself, hilfiger, and everyone's favorite member gatorboymike butting heads with intimidator, sanfran22 and mrtaxman and we all agreed on everything there would be no point of the P&R forum.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
hilfiger - if you see no difference in saying a group of people are lazy and saying a group of people are inbred, racist, toothless, rednecks then there is no point.
I think it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there has been a little more said then being "lazy", but it's your lie tell it however you see fit...

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
oh, ok, so when you stereotype it is supposed to be ok because you were just proving a point. gotcha
Mine was not being serious...some people stereotype and are just too stupid to realize it and are in reality being serious...and i'll accept blame for that "stereotyping" post only...because my first post was not directed at a member, period. It doesn't matter who wants to spin it around and not read the black and white...

sanfran22
11-23-2011, 12:10 PM
If I can add my two cents if Intimidator or anyone else was insulted or offended by me asking what would our resident nascar expert think I apologize. I was not trying to offend or insult anyone else I was just curious to get his spin on it since he is a nascar fan and he frequents to P&R forum. Believe it or not even though we are on opposite ends of the spectrum politically I actually like the guy. Both of us live in the same general area and even though I disagree with a lot of what he says he speaks from what is in his heart and that makes the P&R forum more interesting. If it wasn't for people like myself, hilfiger, and everyone's favorite member gatorboymike butting heads with intimidator, sanfran22 and mrtaxman and we all agreed on everything there would be no point of the P&R forum.

Lol, It's like good vs evil... The image of Cowboys wearing all white vs Cowboys dressed in black just popped in my head.:boxing: Hate to tell ya, white wins:):):):):)

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Just so it's official and Duane does not get negative feedback from it. Duane you are free to block me from P & R forum now, because i prefer not to be a part of it, anymore. So i'm publicly asking you to block me from here, thanks.

Jason

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
I think it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there has been a little more said then being "lazy", but it's your lie tell it however you see fit...

dude, go back and read any thread you want. you won't find me saying anything you could get mad about or offended so I don't know what "lie" i am telling. you keep referring to welfare people being called lazy so I went on that word. i went off the word you keep repeating and for me, there is a big difference in calling someone lazy and calling someone an inbred, racist, toothless, redneck. now, if you don't see a difference, then i will let you keep telling that "lie"

duane1969
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
I am closing this thread. It has become nothing more than a bicker-fest.

I try to be fair to everyone. I look at a comment and ask myself if I would be offended by it. I am a comic book collector and was not offended by INTIMIDATOR2007's comment. I am not a NASCAR fan but I am sure that I would have taken Hilfiger's comments as offensive if I was.

If anyone thinks I handled things incorrectly feel free to contact madman1978. He is my immediate supervisor.
http://www.sportscardforum.com/member.php?u=29178