PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for Obama?

raptorbill
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Just want to see what people would vote for it the 2012 election. It is a private poll, so no one will see what you voted for. Feel free to post if you have something to say.

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Ya'll already know who I'm voting for. On the cool I would love for a republican that is worth something to come along and give President Obama some competition. Not because I want to see him lose but because competition makes for a better product and all of the reublicans really suck and are nothing but profession liars I mean politicians.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Ya'll already know who I'm voting for. On the cool I would love for a republican that is worth something to come along and give President Obama some competition. Not because I want to see him lose but because competition makes for a better product and all of the reublicans really suck and are nothing but profession liars I mean politicians.

Sounds like your boy O to a Tee....sweet.

habsheaven
11-22-2011, 03:53 PM
So much for the "private" poll. I know how you both voted. lol

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
So much for the "private" poll. I know how you both voted. lol

Yeah, probably not a secret anyway. lol.

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Can you add a option of, "i wouldn't vote for any turd i've seen in office in a LONGGG time?"

duwal
11-22-2011, 04:29 PM
there should be an option of 'I'd vote for Obama, the other side doesn't have any better choices'

pghin08
11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
there should be an option of 'i'd vote for obama, the other side doesn't have any better choices'

+1

habsheaven
11-22-2011, 04:41 PM
there should be an option of 'I'd vote for Obama, the other side doesn't have any better choices'

That's going to end up being the tagline for the election I think.

gladdyontherise
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM
It'd depend who he is going up against, can't say right now if I would vote for him when I don't know who the other (realistic) option is

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
The Democratic Party: The lesser of two evils since 1828!

marekschwarz33
11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
I would not vote for Obama but there are only two GOP candidates I would vote for (neither of which are likely to get the nomination). Therefore, I will likely be voting third party/write-in in 2012.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
http://ipo.totfarm.com/pics/pic_11975108508871.jpg

maniac133
11-22-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't actually love Obama....I just feel like the Republican candidates are all idiotic and would ruin this country further.

pspstatus
11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
I hate the idea of not voting. That being said, I honestly think the people of the country should stage a massive no show for this election. Or maybe have everyone vote with the same write in message. Let's see what kind of an impact that would have.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't actually love Obama....I just feel like the Republican candidates are all idiotic and would ruin this country further.

Post of the day.

cowboyzqna
11-24-2011, 05:13 AM
Do people really think its an accident that Obama's competion are all window lickers? I mean of ALL the smart people in America these are the ones the republicans suppose are the best? Really?? Its a joke.

The one time I voted for the president of the united states bush stole the election. Told me all I need to know lol.

AUTaxMan
11-24-2011, 08:38 AM

Why do you feel that way?

andrewhoya
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I would never vote for Obama. Likely a write-in for me.

OBOMBA
11-24-2011, 08:40 PM
doesnt matter who you vote for the presidents are the same year after year and brain dead people think that the next president will change and not lie in their campaign.

there will never be another true president
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZk8ronces

freethrowtommy
11-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I picked the Obama option but not because I love him, but because all of the right wing candidates suck... hard.

I want a third party option, oh so badly.

AUTaxMan
11-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I picked the Obama option but not because I love him, but because all of the right wing candidates suck... hard.

I want a third party option, oh so badly.

Why do you feel that way about the republican candidates?

freethrowtommy
11-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Why do you feel that way about the republican candidates?

Actually, I lied. I will be voting for Ron Paul in the Republican primaries because he is the only candidate who has been honest about his stances the entire time. I want to see some good, honest debates between Obama and him. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is the best of the rest.

AUTaxMan
11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Actually, I lied. I will be voting for Ron Paul in the Republican primaries because he is the only candidate who has been honest about his stances the entire time. I want to see some good, honest debates between Obama and him. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is the best of the rest.

How have the other republican candidates been dishonest?

freethrowtommy
11-25-2011, 04:15 PM
How have the other republican candidates been dishonest?

I will answer that question after you answer mine. Who will you vote for and why?

It isn't fair that you ask all the questions and nobody gets your opinion on the matter.

AUTaxMan
11-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I will answer that question after you answer mine. Who will you vote for and why?

It isn't fair that you ask all the questions and nobody gets your opinion on the matter.

Didn't see your question. I haven't decided yet, but it most definitely will not be Obama.

freethrowtommy
11-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Didn't see your question. I haven't decided yet, but it most definitely will not be Obama.

Oh no, that's cool, I didn't have one before now. I just figured I would ask you one since you have been asking me some.

mikesilvia
11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I find it funny that Democrats can say "the other side doesn't haveany good choices."

Really? Governors, former Speakers of the House and successful businessman are not good choices?

Let's summarize the Democrat choices in 2008.

Hillary Clinton becomes the Sec of State. What qualifications did she have to assume this position? That she was married to a President and small time lawyer in Arkansas qualified her? She can't even find most countries on a map and Obama selected her over 100s of PHDs in foreign policy or 10s of thousands of people with more experience. Bush puts Rice with a PHD and Powell a top General with real knowledge on foreign policy and Obama selects someone who needs to read "Pakistan for Dummies" when she heads into country. And she was qualified for President?

Now let's take Obama. Community organizer and first term Senator. Enough said.

John Edwards? Cheated on his wife while she was dying of cancer and made millions as a trial lawyer with junk science. Search his name in in Google news. Nice choice there.

Those were your top 3 in 2008 and much worse than any GOP choice in 2012.

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 06:15 PM
I find it funny that Democrats can say "the other side doesn't haveany good choices."

Really? Governors, former Speakers of the House and successful businessman are not good choices?

Hillary Clinton becomes the Sec of State. What qualifications did she have to assume this position? That she was married to a President and small time lawyer in Arkansas qualified her? She can't even find most countries on a map and Obama selected her over 100s of PHDs in foreign policy or 10s of thousands of people with more experience. Bush puts Rice with a PHD and Powell a top General with real knowledge on foreign policy and Obama selects someone who needs to read "Pakistan for Dummies" when she heads into country. And she was qualified for President?

John Edwards? Cheated on his wife while she was dying of cancer and made millions as a trial lawyer with junk science. Search his name in in Google news. Nice choice there.

Wasn't GWB a governor? Nuff said...

ensbergcollector
11-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Wasn't GWB a governor? Nuff said...

oh yeah, you're unbiased alright

freethrowtommy
11-26-2011, 08:54 PM

I find it funny that you go on a long rant about how bad the democrats are and then don't tell us who you would pick...

Tell us, Mike, since you seem to be so well informed and completely unbiased... who would you pick out of the Republicans running in 2012?

Oh and BTW, I am not a democrat, but thanks for playing!

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
oh yeah, you're unbiased alright
FACTS will kill you EVERY TIME...

ensbergcollector
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
FACTS will kill you EVERY TIME...

exactly. read through your posts in the last few days since you have started posting here. the FACTS of your posts make it very clear what you believe politically. it is the "in" thing to say you are unbiased but when everything you say is bias, your false cover is blown.

also, so according to you, since bush was a governor and sucked then no governor is a good candidate?

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
exactly. read through your posts in the last few days since you have started posting here. the FACTS of your posts make it very clear what you believe politically. it is the "in" thing to say you are unbiased but when everything you say is bias, your false cover is blown.

also, so according to you, since bush was a governor and sucked then no governor is a good candidate?
I'm a general "all politicians are worthless pieces of garbage" kind of person...

boba
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Dang, wish there was still real men in politics like this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39dGQmBEww

pghin08
11-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Do people really think its an accident that Obama's competion are all window lickers? I mean of ALL the smart people in America these are the ones the republicans suppose are the best? Really?? Its a joke.

The one time I voted for the president of the united states bush stole the election. Told me all I need to know lol.

What's a window licker?

Star_Cards
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
why exactly is the only option that gives him a vote also says that "I love him?"

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
why exactly is the only option that gives him a vote also says that "I love him?"

Because you would have to love him in order to justify your vote. There is no reasonable basis for voting for him.

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I would. I still like Obama. Not as much as I did three years ago but I still do.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
I would. I still like Obama. Not as much as I did three years ago but I still do.

Why?

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I do think that in terms of social issues, I have liked what I have seen. Some of the things he has done as commander-in-chief I like as well.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I do think that in terms of social issues, I have liked what I have seen. Some of the things he has done as commander-in-chief I like as well.

What have you liked, and why?

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Let's not forget GWB's stellar record as a war hero in Vietnam....Oh my bad he never went to Vietnam he was too cowardly to go when called upon. And before you say well Obama never fought in a war either, that may be true but he also never had his daddy pull any strings so that he didn't have to go.

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Let's not forget GWB's stellar record as a war hero in Vietnam....Oh my bad he never went to Vietnam he was too cowardly to go when called upon. And before you say well Obama never fought in a war either, that may be true but he also never had his daddy pull any strings so that he didn't have to go.

Are you talking about Bill Clinton here.....wait, stop it..:winking0071:

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Are you talking about Bill Clinton here.....wait, stop it..:winking0071:

I will talk about Clinton once GWB produces his proof of military service in Vietnam.

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I will talk about Clinton once GWB produces his proof of military service in Vietnam.

No you won't, but that's ok....
31-8 says all you need to know......

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
No you won't, but that's ok....
31-8 says all you need to know......

What football game was that?

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
What football game was that?

Obama vs any generic citizen bowl......:football:

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 04:06 PM
What have you liked, and why?

I like how he has done more in terms of gay rights- such as the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell and no longer protecting the Defense of Marriage Act because I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness and I believe abridging rights on homosexuals violates this principal.

In addition, you might disagree with me but I like how handled the Osama Bin Laden situation and ousting him, and even though we still have troops, we should be leaving Afghanistan and the Iraq War is no longer an issue, something McCain wanted to continue if he was elected.

Besides that, foreign relations seem to be a little less intense. Things seem to have gone smoother with Medvedev than it did with Bush and Putin.

I approve of the giving benefits to first responders on 9/11 although I think cancer should be covered. If ANYBODY should be taken care of, it should be people like these and I commend Obama for what he did on it.

Also, the Health Care Law isn't perfect but he has actually come up with some solutions and I like some of the provisions in the bill where dropping somebody because of a pre-existing condition can no longer be possible.

While I don't agree with everything he has done, I like the way he has handled said things above and the only two people I would consider voting for over Obama are Huntsman and Paul.

mikesilvia
11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
I find it funny that you go on a long rant about how bad the democrats are and then don't tell us who you would pick...

I haven't decided. Am I required to have a pick? Or with a year left, can I still research each and make an informed choice?

Tell us, Mike, since you seem to be so well informed and completely unbiased... who would you pick out of the Republicans running in 2012?

When did I say I was completely unbiased? It's obvious you've not read too many of my posts. I'm conservative and make no bones about it. Go ahead and copy and paste where I've said I'm unbiased.

Oh and BTW, I am not a democrat, but thanks for playing!

What are we playing and when did I call you a Democrat?

mikesilvia
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM

It's almost pathetic how many people bring up Bush, but never use specifics when telling me how bad the 2012 GOP field is. If you slam Obama, you get how bad Bush was. When McCain was running, we had to hear how bad Bush was. Obama says, "I need to spend $3 trillion so we don't go over 8% unemployment." We spend $3 trillion then go over 9% unemployment. What is his excuse? It's Bush's fault, I inherited a bad economy.

If you stub your toe or get a flat tire, you can blame Bush, but that won't solve your problem. At some point people have to still out crappy economy on failed Obama policies.

It will be 7 years into Obama's second term and I'll be hearing about how it's Bush's fault. Can you imagine if a head coach of a sports team kept blaming his former predecessor?

A question for the Obama supporters. At what point does Obama get credit for the economy. I have a feeling on IF it improves. :)

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
It's almost pathetic how many people bring up Bush, but never use specifics when telling me how bad the 2012 GOP field is. If you slam Obama, you get how bad Bush was. When McCain was running, we had to hear how bad Bush was. Obama says, "I need to spend $3 trillion so we don't go over 8% unemployment." We spend $3 trillion then go over 9% unemployment. What is his excuse? It's Bush's fault, I inherited a bad economy.

If you stub your toe or get a flat tire, you can blame Bush, but that won't solve your problem. At some point people have to still out crappy economy on failed Obama policies.

It will be 7 years into Obama's second term and I'll be hearing about how it's Bush's fault. Can you imagine if a head coach of a sports team kept blaming his former predecessor?

A question for the Obama supporters. At what point does Obama get credit for the economy. I have a feeling on IF it improves. :)

I do believe that if an improvement should happen while he is still president then I do think he will deserve credit. Obama has made this worse but we are going to get worse before we get better. I do believe Bush contributed to the recession though but if it does get better under Obama then I will credit Obama.

freethrowtommy
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I haven't decided. Am I required to have a pick? Or with a year left, can I still research each and make an informed choice?

A year to vote for President, yes, but Republican primaries are in a few months. If you haven't done your research yet, you better start soon.

mikesilvia
11-28-2011, 06:12 PM
A year to vote for President, yes, but Republican primaries are in a few months. If you haven't done your research yet, you better start soon.

I'm not a registered Republican. I don't register for a party. I'm an independent, conservative Libertarian. I'm for small government and low taxes. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats offer that. I agree with Republican principles most of the time and Democrats sometimes. This is why I lean Republican in most conversations.

andrewhoya
11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm not a registered Republican. I don't register for a party. I'm an independent, conservative Libertarian. I'm for small government and low taxes. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats offer that. I agree with Republican principles most of the time and Democrats sometimes. This is why I lean Republican in most conversations.

I'm the same way.

habsheaven
11-28-2011, 06:47 PM

At what point do Republicans admit they are not helping the economy only hurting it?

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I like how he has done more in terms of gay rights- such as the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell and no longer protecting the Defense of Marriage Act because I believe in Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness and I believe abridging rights on homosexuals violates this principal.

In addition, you might disagree with me but I like how handled the Osama Bin Laden situation and ousting him, and even though we still have troops, we should be leaving Afghanistan and the Iraq War is no longer an issue, something McCain wanted to continue if he was elected.

Besides that, foreign relations seem to be a little less intense. Things seem to have gone smoother with Medvedev than it did with Bush and Putin.

I approve of the giving benefits to first responders on 9/11 although I think cancer should be covered. If ANYBODY should be taken care of, it should be people like these and I commend Obama for what he did on it.

Also, the Health Care Law isn't perfect but he has actually come up with some solutions and I like some of the provisions in the bill where dropping somebody because of a pre-existing condition can no longer be possible.

While I don't agree with everything he has done, I like the way he has handled said things above and the only two people I would consider voting for over Obama are Huntsman and Paul.

What about his track record on the economy?

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm not saying his economic track record has been the greatest. He has a clear spending problem and it hasn't gotten better but I really don't know how much better things will get better economically under other presidents.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm not saying his economic track record has been the greatest. He has a clear spending problem and it hasn't gotten better but I really don't know how much better things will get better economically under other presidents.

But you KNOW they'll get worse under Obama.

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
We don't know for sure if it'll get worse. It HAS gotten worse but I am not one to believe that ANYBODY in the race will make things better.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
We don't know for sure if it'll get worse. It HAS gotten worse but I am not one to believe that ANYBODY in the race will make things better.

Why not? All of the Repub candidates' primary goal is to right our financial ship.

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Who is to say they will create jobs or things will get better? Look at Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan. I don't really anything great about increasing taxes on the poor and middle class while giving tax cuts to the rich.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Who is to say they will create jobs or things will get better? Look at Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan. I don't really anything great about increasing taxes on the poor and middle class while giving tax cuts to the rich.

How does it give tax cuts to the rich? Who are the rich, exactly? How does it increase taxes on the poor and middle class? Who are they?

TheGrapher
11-28-2011, 07:43 PM
The Tax Policy Center says a $2,700 tax increase on people making between $10,000 and $20,000 a year. $4,400 between $40,000 and $50,000 and $4,326 for those $50,000 to $75,000.

Romney has criticized the plan saying it would shift more to the middle class. That is the last thing I want to see: more burden on the middle class.

Also, good luck seeing an improving economy with Gingrich's comments on illegal immigration last week.

freethrowtommy
11-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Gotcha... thanks for the explanation :):

maniac133
11-28-2011, 11:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9FOdn33LS0

At the 27 second mark......That just proves that one of the frontrunners to win the Republican nomination can't name the three sections of government he would do away with.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9FOdn33LS0

At the 27 second mark......That just proves that one of the frontrunners to win the Republican nomination can't name the three sections of government he would do away with.

Perry is not a frontrunner. He is a moron.

duane1969
11-28-2011, 11:37 PM

Perry ceased being a front-runner in less time than it took for that video to load onto my computer...

maniac133
11-28-2011, 11:41 PM

Perry is not a frontrunner. He is a moron.
Obviously he is a moron....and he was a frontrunner at some point. Showing the lack of competition or competency on that side. Didn't a candidate, who's campaign was pronounced dead in February or something like that, just come back and is now a serious competitor to win the nomination?

Perry ceased being a front-runner in less time than it took for that video to load onto my computer...
Haha. That was funny.

AUTaxMan
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Obviously he is a moron....and he was a frontrunner at some point. Showing the lack of competition or competency on that side. Didn't a candidate, who's campaign was pronounced dead in February or something like that, just come back and is now a serious competitor to win the nomination?

He was only a front runner because he was the flavor of the week and had not yet been vetted in the public. His star died out quickly.