PDA

View Full Version : former qb jake plummer wishes tebow would keep faith to himself

mrveggieman
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/jake_plummer_wishes_tim_tebow_would_shut_up_go_hug _his_teammates_instead_of_publicizing_religion/8244544

Hilfiger1975
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
And i wish people would brush their teeth more...

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
With teeth like that, it's no wonder.

Tebow is like a dog that goes to the bathroom on every tree it sees. He wants the whole neighborhood to smell like him.

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
With teeth like that, it's no wonder.

Tebow is like a dog that goes to the bathroom on every tree it sees. He wants the whole neighborhood to smell like him.

you have stated on these forums before that if christians really believed what they say they do, then they would yell it from the mountains so everyone else would believe as well. i guess in tebow, you should have a christian you respect.

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 06:31 PM
you have stated on these forums before that if christians really believed what they say they do, then they would yell it from the mountains so everyone else would believe as well. i guess in tebow, you should have a christian you respect.

Respect? Oh no no no good sir. I'll surely concede he actually believes the stuff he says he believes, but I do not respect his beliefs or him as a person.

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Respect? Oh no no no good sir. I'll surely concede he actually believes the stuff he says he believes, but I do not respect his beliefs or him as a person.

or him as a person? really? just curious why not? i understand on respecting his beliefs but why don't you respect him as a person?

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 06:38 PM
or him as a person? really? just curious why not? i understand on respecting his beliefs but why don't you respect him as a person?

Because he actively wants me and everyone like me to suffer an eternity of incomprehensible agony and horror.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Because he actively wants me and everyone like me to suffer an eternity of incomprehensible agony and horror.
Nobody wants that. Where did you hear him state this?

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Nobody wants that. Where did you hear him state this?

He's a Christian. That is part of being a Christian.

sanfran22
11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
He's a Christian. That is part of being a Christian.
ahh, got it.......:winking0071:

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 08:17 PM

actually you (shockingly) have it wrong. his repeatedly talking about his faith is because he doesn't want you or anyone like you to suffer an eternity of incomprehensible agony and horror.

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
actually you (shockingly) have it wrong. his repeatedly talking about his faith is because he doesn't want you or anyone like you to suffer an eternity of incomprehensible agony and horror.

All I hear is "I'm saved and you're not, I'm better than you, nyah nyah!"

ensbergcollector
11-22-2011, 08:40 PM
All I hear is "I'm saved and you're not, I'm better than you, nyah nyah!"

really? can you show me any evidence where someone, or more specifically tebow has said, I am better than you nyah nyah?

gatorboymike
11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
really? can you show me any evidence where someone, or more specifically tebow has said, I am better than you nyah nyah?

You must think that, if you think you deserve an eternity of bliss just for being you, and everyone who is different from you deserves an eternity of torture just for being different from you.

tutall
11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
You must think that, if you think you deserve an eternity of bliss just for being you, and everyone who is different from you deserves an eternity of torture just for being different from you.

:smash: :smash: :smash:

really Mikey.... You just dont get it.... You can close the closet doors... no one is in there trying to get you either... Christians arent out to get you... It is completely you're choice if you want to follow or not... We dont want you to burn in hell for not "being one of us".. we dont want you to suffer eternally in a firey hell.... We would however like you to take off the tinfoil hat and join the rest of us in the real world.

brandonbarnett
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Really didn't we go thru the same thing when Kitna wore a hat with a cross on it?? Why does it matter? Ray Lewis "killed" or "watched a murder" and people cheer for him like crazy..........

AUTaxMan
11-22-2011, 11:22 PM

really Mikey.... You just dont get it.... You can close the closet doors... no one is in there trying to get you either... Christians arent out to get you... It is completely you're choice if you want to follow or not... We dont want you to burn in hell for not "being one of us".. we dont want you to suffer eternally in a firey hell.... We would however like you to take off the tinfoil hat and join the rest of us in the real world.

Good luck.

theonedru
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM

When christian values are ingrained in American law how can you not feel like its a vice slowly squeezed around your neck, esp as such it is forced upon other people of different religious faiths.

As for the Tebow thing, who cares anymore. Let him do or say whatever. he is just a person playing a game.

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Christian or not I actually like how Tebow goes about his business. Yes he is open about his faith but I have never seen him preach at anyone or insult anyone for not being a christian. Even though he is in his early 20s he is an example to christians and others on how to carry yourself. If the world had more tebows and less pat robertsons, jerry fallwells and herman cains it would be a much better place.

Hilfiger1975
11-23-2011, 09:56 AM
christian or not i actually like how tebow goes about his business. Yes he is open about his faith but i have never seen him preach at anyone or insult anyone for not being a christian. Even though he is in his early 20s he is an example to christians and others on how to carry yourself. If the world had more tebows and less pat robertsons, jerry fallwells and herman cains it would be a much better place.
+1

duane1969
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Christian or not I actually like how Tebow goes about his business. Yes he is open about his faith but I have never seen him preach at anyone or insult anyone for not being a christian. Even though he is in his early 20s he is an example to christians and others on how to carry yourself. If the world had more tebows and less pat robertsons, jerry fallwells and herman cains it would be a much better place.

+1

I can't stand him as a QB but could care less if he writes a verse on his eye thingys or says a prayer after scoring a TD.

Quite frankly, of all the players who thank God for helping them score a TD, he is the one player that I think is sincere about it.

AUTaxMan
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM

Agreed.

gatorboymike
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
If he thanks God when he wins, why doesn't he blame God when he loses? After all, he's been doing a lot of losing lately. "Well, Pam, I played as hard as I could, but it really didn't matter because God let us down. Nice one, God."

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 04:45 PM
If he thanks God when he wins, why doesn't he blame God when he loses? After all, he's been doing a lot of losing lately. "Well, Pam, I played as hard as I could, but it really didn't matter because God let us down. Nice one, God."

do you watch sports? he is 4-1

MadMan1978
11-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I actually believe this is a topic in this forum....

there wasnt a tea party thing to plug...

nothing the left wing liberal story to break???

and after such some really bad replies in the debate last night??

gladdyontherise
11-23-2011, 07:36 PM
+1

I can't stand him as a QB but could care less if he writes a verse on his eye thingys or says a prayer after scoring a TD.

Quite frankly, of all the players who thank God for helping them score a TD, he is the one player that I think is sincere about it.

I also believe he's sincere, however I'd still not prefer to hear about his faith all the time when he isn't asked. When he's asked about a Football game people shouldn't have to hear mainly about his faith and nothing/almost nothing about the Football game.

Now if it's a topic brought up I don't have an issue at all with it.

duwal
11-23-2011, 07:44 PM

He's the same as the others listed with his thoughts. That all homosexuals are sinners. That if someone, no matter what good they do in their life, that if for the one fact that they won't accept Jesus Christ in their lives than they are destined to burn in hell for eternity.

tutall
11-23-2011, 08:04 PM
When christian values are ingrained in American law how can you not feel like its a vice slowly squeezed around your neck, esp as such it is forced upon other people of different religious faiths.

As for the Tebow thing, who cares anymore. Let him do or say whatever. he is just a person playing a game.

I never understand this way of thinking... What religious fanatic laws are in place? The ones that follow the 10 commandments like thou shalt not murder and thou shall not steal? Rreally the only one that has christian basis is homosexuality and honestly I havent looked at other religion enough to know for sure but I would guess Islam is against it as well as many other religions. Again, I say that without knowing for sure just an assumption on my part. Along with that however there are a lot of non-christians who are also against things such as homosexuality so you cant really call that religion interfering with politics.

AUTaxMan
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM

What does Tebow thank God for when he wins? Have any quotes?

AUTaxMan
11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
He's the same as the others listed with his thoughts. That all homosexuals are sinners. That if someone, no matter what good they do in their life, that if for the one fact that they won't accept Jesus Christ in their lives than they are destined to burn in hell for eternity.

Interesting. I had no idea that you were a mind reader.

tutall
11-23-2011, 11:04 PM
What does Tebow thank God for when he wins? Have any quotes?

Here is one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QUe8NLZztY

Sounds like a punk to me... I would hate to have my daughter date this nutjob :facepalm:

cowboyzqna
11-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Tebow is a great story.

For all its faults the christian religion in 2011 isn't a bad thing for people to believe in imo. Is it perfect no not at all. Is it right who knows? (Probally not) Is it a good thing for children to believe in the fairy tales in the bible just like they do santa clause untill they are old enough to understand ... I think its ok. There are worse things to believe in lol.

Tebow = hero risen :D go gettem biggin!!

gatorboymike
11-24-2011, 12:58 AM
do you watch sports? he is 4-1

They did quite a bit of losing last season, that is. Wonder why? You really want to attribute the Broncos' 4-1 record to God? Gee, I wonder what Timmy started doing differently that would change God's mind about making them lose so much. Maybe he was addressing God as "you" instead of "thou" in his prayers. You never know with someone so picky.

I'll believe there's a God that cares about football, and about making Tim Tebow win specifically, when he just casually flips the ball over his shoulder, it hovers in mid-air for a second, catches fire, traces out a flaming cross in the sky, jumps into a Broncos receiver's hands, and then flies with him into the end zone. Or when the Super Bowl trophy just levitates its way down to the field and into Tebow's hands right in the middle of some random game, and everyone who tries to take it from him is struck by lightning.

AUTaxMan
11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
They did quite a bit of losing last season, that is. Wonder why? You really want to attribute the Broncos' 4-1 record to God? Gee, I wonder what Timmy started doing differently that would change God's mind about making them lose so much. Maybe he was addressing God as "you" instead of "thou" in his prayers. You never know with someone so picky.

I'll believe there's a God that cares about football, and about making Tim Tebow win specifically, when he just casually flips the ball over his shoulder, it hovers in mid-air for a second, catches fire, traces out a flaming cross in the sky, jumps into a Broncos receiver's hands, and then flies with him into the end zone. Or when the Super Bowl trophy just levitates its way down to the field and into Tebow's hands right in the middle of some random game, and everyone who tries to take it from him is struck by lightning.

Show me where Tebow has ever said God cares about football or even thanked him for helping him win a game.

gatorboymike
11-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Show me where Tebow has ever said God cares about football or even thanked him for helping him win a game.

He thanks God when he wins, therefore he must think it's because of God that he won. He says God blesses him with great teammates and coaches, therefore he must think God is interfering with NFL affairs in order to provide him with a favorable setup. If he didn't think God cared about football, he wouldn't bring up God in the context of football.

andrewhoya
11-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Since when do people care about what Jake Plummer says?

ensbergcollector
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM

i actually don't think god cares about who wins a sporting event and i don't think god has helped the broncos win games. i merely posted the record because you said he has done quite a bit of losing lately which was kinda funny since he is inexplicably winning.

tutall
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
He thanks God when he wins, therefore he must think it's because of God that he won. He says God blesses him with great teammates and coaches, therefore he must think God is interfering with NFL affairs in order to provide him with a favorable setup. If he didn't think God cared about football, he wouldn't bring up God in the context of football.

He doesnt really thank god for the win... He thanks god for giving him the abilities to go out and play on Sunday and perform to the best of his abilities

duane1969
11-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Since when do people care about what Jake Plummer says?

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Hasn't Tebow already won more games than Plummer did in Denver? LOL

AUTaxMan
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
He doesnt really thank god for the win... He thanks god for giving him the abilities to go out and play on Sunday and perform to the best of his abilities

That's my point. As usual with respect to anything relating to Christianity, GBM sees what he wants to see, hears what he wants to hear, and believes what he wants to believe.

gatorboymike
11-25-2011, 02:48 PM
That's my point. As usual with respect to anything relating to Christianity, GBM sees what he wants to see, hears what he wants to hear, and believes what he wants to believe.

There, you see? He admits that he wants atheists to be enslaved to the Christian army so we can build a new Sphinx with the face of Tim Tebow.

Hilfiger1975
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Don't see any inflammatory comments or trolling here...:rolleyes:

gatorboymike
11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Don't see any inflammatory comments or trolling here...:rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6c/Troymcclure.png/200px-Troymcclure.png

Hi, I'm Troll McClure. You might remember me from such terrible religious arguments as "The banana proves God!" and "If we came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"

andrewhoya
11-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Hasn't Tebow already won more games than Plummer did in Denver? LOL

Just checked.... And somehow Plummer went 13-3 one year?!?!

duane1969
11-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Just checked.... And somehow Plummer went 13-3 one year?!?!

Much like Tebow, he benefitted from other parts of the team as much as his own skill. Anderson and Bell combined for 1935 yards and 20 TDs. The D was only 15th overall but they were 6th in INTs, 2nd versus the run and 10th in rushing TDs allowed.

In essence, they were a ball-hawking secondary with a great run stuffing front 7 and the offense ran the ball well and didn't turn the ball over alot. Just like Denver now.

AUTaxMan
11-26-2011, 12:20 AM
There, you see? He admits that he wants atheists to be enslaved to the Christian army so we can build a new Sphinx with the face of Tim Tebow.

What are you talking about?

duwal
11-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Interesting. I had no idea that you were a mind reader.

nope, its called reading his interview in Sports Illustrated magazine

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 09:51 AM

I think that everyone on here regardless of their religion would agree that the bible speaks out against homosexuality. However Tebow dosen't preach against people in a condesending way like fallwell, robertson, or cain does and I have never heard him say anything anti homosexual or that if you don't convert to christanity you are doomed to hell. If he has please post links.

pghin08
11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I think that everyone on here regardless of their religion would agree that the bible speaks out against homosexuality. However Tebow dosen't preach against people in a condesending way like fallwell, robertson, or cain does and I have never heard him say anything anti homosexual or that if you don't convert to christanity you are doomed to hell. If he has please post links.

Agreed. I have no problem with how Tebow carries his faith.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Duplicate post