PDA

View Full Version : Authorities arrest 7 on federal hate crime charge

mrveggieman
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Please read articles in their entirety before posting comments <br />
<br />
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/authorities-arrest-ohio-men-federal-hate-crime-charges-15015265 <br />

ensbergcollector
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
while i am not a big fan of the hate crime idea in general (i think any crime is its own issue regardless of motive) but i guess it is good to see it get wide spread use because based on the definition, this does apply.

brandonbarnett
11-23-2011, 02:51 PM
From reading that it looks like it might be bigger than a hate crime in the end..... And as dumb as this sounds but being only miles away from a big Amish community thats in Unity Ohio.... These people do take there beards quite serious as its in there faith and pride... they are also very forgiving people so I think something pretty big must be in the works for this to ever come out

theonedru
11-23-2011, 07:32 PM
"They are buying Mace, some are sitting with shotguns, getting locks on their doors because of Sam Mullet."

When the Amish start to arm themselves you know this country is in trouble

duwal
11-23-2011, 07:36 PM
anyone else find it amusing that a guy named Mullet committed a crime involving cutting hair??

tutall
11-23-2011, 09:11 PM
"They are buying Mace, some are sitting with shotguns, getting locks on their doors because of Sam Mullet."

When the Amish start to arm themselves you know this country is in trouble

First I just have to respond to this but I live in Amish country... We hear about locals hitting buggies and have horses tied up outside where I work every day... They arm themselves very well so this is no shock at all.

As far as the crimes go it is just ridiculous. Amish are some of the most well mannered, most polite people I come into contact with daily and are the first person in line to help you if you have a problem. This is sickening it is happening especially by someone who has lived the same way and broke away from them.