PDA

View Full Version : Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate

mikesilvia
11-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Amazing!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/

duane1969
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Little surprise that the US Dept. of Energy is involved. After their assistance in covering up the pending layoffs at Solyndra until after the elections to protect Democratic offices this should be no surprise.

Saw an interesting report last night that shows that Al Gore directly profited from investing in "green energy" companies before their IPO's went public. Gore and a friend co-invested and cashed out after the IPO went public and turned their $16 mill investment into nearly $90 mill.

Interesting how Gore created this "green" hype, is now making millions off of it and the govt. is helping to cover it all up. I wonder where the Occupy people stand on this?

OnePimpTiger
11-25-2011, 08:59 PM
What I don't get is how people who claim to be proponents of science blindly follow this political agenda parading as science. If you believe in global warming based on this "science," you're just as guilty as the people who don't believe in it because Glenn Beck told them not to.

Ignorance comes in many forms...and the ignorant mocking others' ignorance is the worst kind.

Hilfiger1975
11-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Little surprise that the US Dept. of Energy is involved. After their assistance in covering up the pending layoffs at Solyndra until after the elections to protect Democratic offices this should be no surprise.

Saw an interesting report last night that shows that Al Gore directly profited from investing in "green energy" companies before their IPO's went public. Gore and a friend co-invested and cashed out after the IPO went public and turned their $16 mill investment into nearly $90 mill.

Interesting how Gore created this "green" hype, is now making millions off of it and the govt. is helping to cover it all up. I wonder where the Occupy people stand on this?
Didn't Bush's company make billions off the war in Iraq?

ensbergcollector
11-25-2011, 09:09 PM

not sure but apparently as long as someone else did it, immoral action is ok. at least when it is a democrat. care to comment on the discussion here instead of derailing it by bashing bush?

Hilfiger1975
11-25-2011, 09:12 PM
not sure but apparently as long as someone else did it, immoral action is ok. at least when it is a democrat. care to comment on the discussion here instead of derailing it by bashing bush?
Ya, i forgot. Hypocritical, FTW!:winking0071:

P.S. I'm not a democrat...nice try though...

ensbergcollector
11-25-2011, 09:33 PM

oh no, i remember that you don't vote, but you still only bash republicans. anyway, nice avoidance, please either comment on the thread topic or stop trying to derail into a bash bush thread.

Hilfiger1975
11-25-2011, 09:38 PM
oh no, i remember that you don't vote, but you still only bash republicans. anyway, nice avoidance, please either comment on the thread topic or stop trying to derail into a bash bush thread.
I bash all waste of skin in office...

sanfran22
11-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I thought you were leaving? Anyway, if you are talking about Haliburton, It wasn't Bush. It was Cheney. It also wasn't covered up and a hoax to make money. It was well known that Haliburton sold to the Gov't.

Hilfiger1975
11-25-2011, 09:42 PM
I thought you were leaving? Anyway, if you are talking about Haliburton, It wasn't Bush. It was Cheney. It also wasn't covered up and a hoax to make money. It was well known that Haliburton sold to the Gov't.
Guess you don't know much about Bin Laden's history and Bush's oil history, aye?

sanfran22
11-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Guess you don't know much about Bin Laden's history and Bush's oil history, aye?
Lol, I know not to believe everything I read on media matters.....

AUTaxMan
11-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Blame Bush! Color me not surprised.

theonedru
11-25-2011, 11:56 PM

lets stick to topic peoples do we not heed the warnings mentioned

duane1969
11-26-2011, 12:42 AM

Ah yes!! The age old liberal battle cry. Glad to know you approve of obvious corruption and looting of America as long as it is a Democrat doing it.

And as has already been pointed out, stay on topic. This thread was not started to discuss what Bush or his cronies may have done 10 years ago. This is about the current corruption occupying the White House.

mikesilvia
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I'll take the "It's Bush's fault" as a "I got nothing" translation.

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM

I bash all waste of skin in office...

Ah yes!! The age old liberal battle cry. Glad to know you approve of obvious corruption and looting of America as long as it is a Democrat doing it.

And as has already been pointed out, stay on topic. This thread was not started to discuss what Bush or his cronies may have done 10 years ago. This is about the current corruption occupying the White House.
I guess you missed these posts...i guess that's that good ole' Republican logic...:winking0071:

You guys have fun in here...don't forget to switch every 30 minutes...that's how carpal tunnel forms...can we get some more Republicans in here to pat each other on the back more, please??

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I'll take the "It's Bush's fault" as a "I got nothing" translation.
Or you could take it as don't cry about a democrat while Republicans have been doing the exact same thing too? Or do i have to make another thread to address that?

Too my knowledge that's called being hypocritical...i'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but it truly is funny how each side wants to point the finger at each other but yet they BOTH do the exact same thing...

ensbergcollector
11-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Or you could take it as don't cry about a democrat while Republicans have been doing the exact same thing too? Or do i have to make another thread to address that?

Too my knowledge that's called being hypocritical...

wrong is wrong my friend, regardless of who is doing it and who has done it before. if you had been in here 3-4 years ago you would have seen all of the republicans calling out bush for a lot of his crap. but no one on the left will allow anything negative about anyone on the left

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
wrong is wrong my friend, regardless of who is doing it and who has done it before. if you had been in here 3-4 years ago you would have seen all of the republicans calling out bush for a lot of his crap. but no one on the left will allow anything negative about anyone on the left
I think i've stated that most in office are a waste of skin, but then Republicans want to cry about Democrats when i'm actually neither. I guess since i'm not a Democrat or a Republican i'll just be "labeled" a "liberal" or "from the left" it must be the "cool" thing to do...labels must be a political thing to justice faults in either side, i'm guessing...

ensbergcollector
11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I think i've stated that most in office are a waste of skin, but then Republicans want to cry about Democrats when i'm actually neither. I guess since i'm not a Democrat or a Republican i'll just be "labeled" a "liberal" or "from the left" it must be the "cool" thing to do...labels must be a political thing to justice faults in either side, i'm guessing...

your actions and words make it very clear which "side" you are on. Again, bush, clinton, obama, etc. are not the moral guide which all future politicians are judged by. We should be able to discuss whether gore did something wrong without people jumping in with "doesn't matter because bush did it too." Regardless of what bush did, wrong is wrong. so, sticking to the topic, do you have any commentary about the actual thread topic?

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Just for the record Obama is a waste of skin just like 95% of the people that have ever been president...you Republicans happy now? Does it solve the problems in America or make you even happy that it was "pointed" out? Of course it doesn't because in the end we are still on a sports forum pointing fingers and showing "compelling" evidence and it will amount to about where America is sitting at right with or with a Republican in office...

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
your actions and words make it very clear which "side" you are on. Again, bush, clinton, Obama, etc. are not the moral guide which all future politicians are judged by. We should be able to discuss whether gore did something wrong without people jumping in with "doesn't matter because bush did it too." Regardless of what bush did, wrong is wrong. so, sticking to the topic, do you have any commentary about the actual thread topic?
Really? Why don't you tell me? Because i'm for the people that have been treated like garbage in this country. What "side" am i on when the troops in this country have been treated like garbage for who knows how many years? Does that put me on a "side" or does that mean i have a opinion and i shouldn't be "labeled." Would it be safe to put a Republican on the side where it approves of the troops being treated like garbage in this country? Or how about the government taking away every right American's ever worked for? Is there a "side" for that also? I do the Bush did it to because it's common sense to not point the finger when your "side" has done the same thing for ages...but being hypocritical must be a "side" thing, aye? I'm on the side that worries about the homeless in America before we care about other people in other countries. What side is that exactly? Because from the looks of it "your side" hasn't done any of that...

My commentary for this thread is that don't always believe what you read in the media...the Republican way...:winking0071:

mikesilvia
11-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Hilfiger1975, at some point are you going to address the article?

I'm not a Republican, but you keep calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a Republican while complaining that every calls you a Democrat. How about stop putting labels on everyone and maybe people will do the same for you.

Now, if you want to address the article I'm all eyes and ears.

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Hilfiger1975, at some point are you going to address the article?

I'm not a Republican, but you keep calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a Republican while complaining that every calls you a Democrat. How about stop putting labels on everyone and maybe people will do the same for you.

Now, if you want to address the article I'm all eyes and ears.
I never called you a Republican one time...

I have addressed the article already. Don't believe everything you hear from the Media...i think i stated that already in my previous post...it's people's jobs to TRY and dig up dirt on people it's what people get paid for in this country, even if it's false...and 50% of the time even if it's true people don't care anyways. Not unless it's putting money in some one else's pocket it's the American way...

P.S. Who cares about global warming when we have homeless in America...we can't as a country worry about our own people being homeless and starving RIGHT NOW, so what's the big deal about global warming, honestly? When it's not even going to effect people right now? IMO, that would be the typical America opinion, since it truly shows with homeless in this country...

ensbergcollector
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
I never called you a Republican one time...

I have addressed the article already. Don't believe everything you hear from the Media...i think i stated that already in my previous post...it's people's jobs to TRY and dig up dirt on people it's what people get paid for in this country, even if it's false...and 50% of the time even if it's true people don't care anyways. Not unless it's putting money in some one else's pocket it's the American way...

P.S. Who cares about global warming when we have homeless in America...we can't as a country worry about our own people being homeless and starving RIGHT NOW, so what's the big deal about global warming, honestly? When it's not even going to effect people right now? IMO, that would be the typical America opinion, since it truly shows with homeless in this country...

so, you claim to be unbias but when bush is accused of bad you believe it and then turn around and say not to believe anything bad said about gore. come on man

not to mention, if you care about the homeless you should care about global warming. the nation is investing billions of dollars into green companies and global warming related business and studies. anytime the government spends billions on something it should be something you care about.

Hilfiger1975
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
so, you claim to be unbias but when bush is accused of bad you believe it and then turn around and say not to believe anything bad said about gore. come on man

not to mention, if you care about the homeless you should care about global warming. the nation is investing billions of dollars into green companies and global warming related business and studies. anytime the government spends billions on something it should be something you care about.
If it talks like a turd then it's generally a turd...most can be said about politicians in general, right?

If it's not billions on homeless in this country, it's a waste of time to me...America needs to start from the foundation first...

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
If I could chime in with my two cents about global warming is why is it that most people believe that global warming is a hoax are either conservative/republican/or far right christian? Doesn't christanity teach that you are supposed to be good stuarts to what god has entrusted you with which would include this earth. Even if global warming isn't as bad as they say it is what harm would it do to drive an eco friendly car, take the subway downtown instead of driving, reducing meat consumption, etc if it would help the enviorment out just a little bit. Even if you don't believe in any form or God or religion don't you want to leave the world in better shape for your kids and grandkids?

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
If I could chime in with my two cents about global warming is why is it that most people believe that global warming is a hoax are either conservative/republican/or far right christian? Doesn't christanity teach that you are supposed to be good stuarts to what god has entrusted you with which would include this earth. Even if global warming isn't as bad as they say it is what harm would it do to drive an eco friendly car, take the subway downtown instead of driving, reducing meat consumption, etc if it would help the enviorment out just a little bit. Even if you don't believe in any form or God or religion don't you want to leave the world in better shape for your kids and grandkids?

The environmental cause is not the problem. The problem is that the government has used scare tactics of global warming based on bogus science to justify exponentially growing the size of government, lining the pockets of businessmen who are in bed with politicians with billions of taxpayer dollars, and putting massive regulatory financial burdens on private industry in order to drive them out of business.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
The environmental cause is not the problem. The problem is that the government has used scare tactics of global warming based on bogus science to justify exponentially growing the size of government, lining the pockets of businessmen who are in bed with politicians with billions of taxpayer dollars, and putting massive regulatory financial burdens on private industry in order to drive them out of business.

So using that same logic how is what the gov't is doing any different from the war on terrorism or the war on drugs?

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
So using that same logic how is what the gov't is doing any different from the war on terrorism or the war on drugs?

I'm not sure what that has to do with global warming. You can start another thread on that if you like.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure what that has to do with global warming. You can start another thread on that if you like.

It dosen't have anything to do with global warming but you made an interesting point about the gov't using scare taticts to push their agenda and I made reference to the war on drugs or the so called war on terrorism.

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Drugs and terrorists are both pretty bad news. Global warming is just a junk science theory....The earth has been going through cycles for centuries. Not gonna change it, sorry.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Drugs and terrorists are both pretty bad news. Global warming is just a junk science theory....The earth has been going through cycles for centuries. Not gonna change it, sorry.

Even if the science of the warming is true, there is no possible way that we as humans could do anything to reverse its effects.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Even if the science of the warming is true, there is no possible way that we as humans could do anything to reverse its effects.

I'm not going to go as far as to say the damage is done. At this point we are all stewarts of this earth regardless of religious preference and we all have a responsiblity to take care of it. If not for us for our future generations.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes. We are stewards of the earth and should do all we can to preserve it. However, the government should not be involved (at least, not at the insane level that they are today).

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes. We are stewards of the earth and should do all we can to preserve it. However, the government should not be involved (at least, not at the insane level that they are today).

Good point, but the gov't wouldn't be the gov't that we all know and love if they wern't involved in a lot of the nonsense that they already are.

duane1969
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Good point, but the gov't wouldn't be the gov't that we all know and love if they wern't involved in a lot of the nonsense that they already are.

You use the word "love" way to loosely.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
You use the word "love" way to loosely.

Ha Ha yeah I know that it's hard for the best canidates to get any love on P&R. :winking0071: