PDA

View Full Version : Pakistanis burn Obama effigy and US flag

mikesilvia
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.skynews.com.au/politics/article.aspx?id=690184&vId=2879514&cId=Politics

Remember during the 2008 campaign how Democrats told us that the world hates us because of Budh and when Obama becomes President he will heal relations?

Another bogus promise like:

Closing Gitmo
Not renewing the Bush tax cuts
Not renewing the Patriot Act
Unemployment wouldn't go about 8% if we spent trillions
The end of divisive politics in Washington

duane1969
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM
I agree with them. We need to stay out of Pakistani business. Whatever happens to them happens.

I also agree that Obama has failed at virtually every major campaign promise that he made.

AUTaxMan
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM
The end of decisive politics in Washington

Decisive politics ended long ago.

INTIMADATOR2007
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM
And pakistan has cut off supply routes to our troops , Way to go Obama .

mikesilvia
11-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Decisive politics ended long ago.

I meant divisive. Slipped past my spell check!

AUTaxMan
11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
People need to realize that Obama's entire campaign was run on empty promises and vague catch phrases. His re-election campaign will be the same way, and like Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The record is abundantly clear that Obama has taken a bad situation and made it worse in every possible sense. Name one area where we are better off as a nation today than we were 3 years ago. No reasonable person could justifiable vote for that guy in 2012.

I invite, as always, anyone planning on voting for Obama in 2012 to provide a reasonable analysis of why they plan on voting for him. Bring facts, not feelings.

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 11:00 AM
So much for your theories of President Obama secretly being a muslim and all muslims sticking togther huh?

@Mr Taxman I do plan on voting for Obama because as terrible of a job that ya'll claim that he is doing I have yet to see any republican canidate who has a chance of winning their parties nomination who can do a better job.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
@Mr Taxman I do plan on voting for Obama because as terrible of a job that ya'll claim that he is doing I have yet to see any republican canidate who has a chance of winning their parties nomination who can do a better job.

Who has a chance of winning the Republican nomination, and why don't you think they can do a better job than being the worst President since Jimmy Carter?

habsheaven
11-28-2011, 11:51 AM
It has been clear since DAY 1 that the Republicans were going to block anything they could to make Obama look bad, despite the affects it has on the country. There hasn't been a President (past or future) that has/will face such opposition from the start. Americans should be ashamed of how their representatives have acted over the past few years. It's no wonder you have the problems you do. Ask anyone objective, they will tell you. Republicans need to start putting their country ahead of their party. Rest assured, IF a Republican wins the presidency the Democrats will bail you out again by putting the country FIRST.

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
It has been clear since DAY 1 that the Republicans were going to block anything they could to make Obama look bad, despite the affects it has on the country. There hasn't been a President (past or future) that has/will face such opposition from the start. Americans should be ashamed of how their representatives have acted over the past few years. It's no wonder you have the problems you do. Ask anyone objective, they will tell you. Republicans need to start putting their country ahead of their party. Rest assured, IF a Republican wins the presidency the Democrats will bail you out again by putting the country FIRST.

Except he had both sides of congress until recently, so that just about sums up that ludicrous post.....

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Church!! :love0030:

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Who has a chance of winning the Republican nomination, and why don't you think they can do a better job than being the worst President since Jimmy Carter?

I have no idea who will win the republican nod but all of them with the exception of ron paul (who is not a real republican) are complete garbage and will be just as bad if not worse than the the worst president of all time (GWB).

habsheaven
11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Except he had both sides of congress until recently, so that just about sums up that ludicrous post.....

During the time he had "the numbers" he was following through with a stimulus package agreed on by both sides. He also pushed through a social agenda while he had the chance. Since then, Boehner has publicly made his intentions known; the idiots that signed the "No tax increase" pact have made it clear also.

Your denial is the only ludicrous thing I see.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I have no idea who will win the republican nod but all of them with the exception of ron paul (who is not a real republican) are complete garbage and will be just as bad if not worse than the the worst president of all time (GWB).

What makes each of them garbage? We know how you feel about Paul, Cain and Bachmann, so you can ignore them and focus instead on Romney, Pawlenty, Gingrich, and Huntsman.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:17 PM

Not to make him look bad. To prevent untold financial disaster he insists on doing to this country through his policies. The Republicans have been doing their best to protect this great nation from Obama. No President has faced this opposition because none in modern times has been nearly as radical.

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 12:22 PM
During the time he had "the numbers" he was following through with a stimulus package agreed on by both sides. He also pushed through a social agenda while he had the chance. Since then, Boehner has publicly made his intentions known; the idiots that signed the "No tax increase" pact have made it clear also.

Your denial is the only ludicrous thing I see.

They are trying to stop the stupidity coming from the left. For that, I give them credit.
How do you even claim both sides agreed on the stimulus. Did you even read about the stimulus?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/29/us/politics/29obama.html

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Not to make him look bad. To prevent untold financial disaster he insists on doing to this country through his policies. The Republicans have been doing their best to protect this great nation from Obama. No President has faced this opposition because none in modern times has been nearly as radical.

What he said......:cheer2::party0053:

mrveggieman
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
What makes each of them garbage? We know how you feel about Paul, Cain and Bachmann, so you can ignore them and focus instead on Romney, Pawlenty, Gingrich, and Huntsman.

Gingrich is a tired out politician who has tried and failed on several occasions to become president by talking the same old hot air that all the republicans have been talking about since God knows when. Romney can't even get any love from his own party because of his religion so I know that he dosen't have any real chance, and to be honest I don't know that much about pawlenty and huntsman but they don't have any chance of winning so it's no point to discuss them either.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Gingrich is a tired out politician who has tried and failed on several occasions to become president by talking the same old hot air that all the republicans have been talking about since God knows when.

What has he been taking about that particularly offends you?

Romney can't even get any love from his own party because of his religion so I know that he dosen't have any real chance.

Romney has been leading in all of the polls from day one. Can't get any love from his party?

How about you address their policies instead of attacking them personally?

sanfran22
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Gingrich is a tired out politician who has tried and failed on several occasions to become president by talking the same old hot air that all the republicans have been talking about since God knows when. Romney can't even get any love from his own party because of his religion so I know that he dosen't have any real chance, and to be honest I don't know that much about pawlenty and huntsman but they don't have any chance of winning so it's no point to discuss them either.

Lol, as many problems I see in Gingrich. He's one of the few that offers solutions on just about everything. I don't agree with everything he does, but he did well under Clinton.
Romney may be a bit more conservative then what I give him credit for. He seems to have done a lot of the stuff I disagreed with because it's what his people wanted. Right or wrong, he did what they asked for (can the same be said about Obama?).
Not a fan of Huntsman, maybe his dad. Pawlenty is gone.

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I actually really like Pawlenty, but he comes across in the debates as unlikable for some reason.

duane1969
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM

I don't disagree on Gingrich. Never was a fan of his. I see him as a party stalwart that will not be a success.

Romney is not a "party favorite" because he doesn't appeal to middle-class conservatives, not because of his religion. The religion thing is something that the liberal media has seized upon and milked for ratings but is not a legit issue (don't bother with polls, I have seen them). Romney is just a little too slick, a little too regurgitative in his answers. He comes across as just saying what he thinks the voters want to hear (ala Obama).

I would vote for Obama before I would vote for Romney because I don't trust him. As I have said before, I have met Romney. I didn't like him. He reminded me of that super-smooth silver-tongued car salesman that always wins Salesman of the Month. He tells you what a great deal he is giving you, but in the back of your mind you just know there is a catch.

Of all of the politicians that I have met, he stands out as the one that I disliked the most.

pghin08
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I actually really like Pawlenty, but he comes across in the debates as unlikable for some reason.

He's not unlikable. He's BORING.

On that note, I didn't mind Pawlenty either, seems like a sensible enough guy.

mikesilvia
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

Really? So when Bush was in office and the Democrats controlled it, they passed everything Bush wanted? It was just as bad in the last few years under Bush. Also, as already mentioned, when Obama became President he had two years with a Democrat controlled house and Senate.

So, your argument is more passion than fact. He got little done when his party controlled Congress EXCEPT nearly double the national debt. Now with a Republican controlled House (Senate still controlled by Democrats), they don't give him a blank check they are "not putting their country first."

It's so laughable when we have a Republican president and the Democrats stall it is "ensuring checks and balance", but when Republicans don't give Obama everything they are "playing politics and putting party ahead of the people."

Again, Obama has had two years with complete control of congress and three years with control of the Senate and hos done little except 1) double the national debt and 2) force people to have government health care.

gladdyontherise
11-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Wouldn't it be easier if everyone would just admit that BOTH republicans and democrats have done a terrible job at running this country?

Hilfiger1975
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
wouldn't it be easier if everyone would just admit that both republicans and democrats have done a terrible job at running this country?
+1

I nominate this for Post of the Year in the P & R Forum...

AUTaxMan
11-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't it be easier if everyone would just admit that BOTH republicans and democrats have done a terrible job at running this country?

Who isn't admitting that?

gladdyontherise
11-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Who isn't admitting that?

Well it just seems like in EVERY thread both sides bash the others, but very rarely will anyone just admit both sides are doing a bad job.

duane1969
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Well it just seems like in EVERY thread both sides bash the others, but very rarely will anyone just admit both sides are doing a bad job.

For me, the process of evaluating a "bad job" is more than just did something get done. I try to look at why it didn't get done, what was done to accomplish it and is someone to blame.

Case in point. Obama promised GITMO would be closed. Republicans said it couldn't happen because of legal and logistic reasons. It didn't get done. I don't blame the Republicans, Dems are actually the ones who blocked it (they controlled the House and Senate at the time), I blame Obama for not being more aware of the situation and if what he was promising was possible.

Same goes with Republicans making finance reform promises. In some cases, what they promised just wasn't doable. In other cases what they have tried to do has been stonewalled by Senate Dems.

My point is this. A simple "all politicians suck" position just doesn't fit.

gladdyontherise
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
For me, the process of evaluating a "bad job" is more than just did something get done. I try to look at why it didn't get done, what was done to accomplish it and is someone to blame.

Case in point. Obama promised GITMO would be closed. Republicans said it couldn't happen because of legal and logistic reasons. It didn't get done. I don't blame the Republicans, Dems are actually the ones who blocked it (they controlled the House and Senate at the time), I blame Obama for not being more aware of the situation and if what he was promising was possible.

Same goes with Republicans making finance reform promises. In some cases, what they promised just wasn't doable. In other cases what they have tried to do has been stonewalled by Senate Dems.

My point is this. A simple "all politicians suck" position just doesn't fit.

I guess I shouldn't of made it seem like everyone acts that way. Most do though it seems. Lets face it, every politican says things he know he can't get done and lately the country just continues to go south, but it's not because Obama is a democrat. This was going to happen if McCain became president as well. If people disagree, then thats fine, but its the truth.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Can I get some Church!! :love0030:

duane1969
11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I guess I shouldn't of made it seem like everyone acts that way. Most do though it seems. Lets face it, every politican says things he know he can't get done and lately the country just continues to go south, but it's not because Obama is a democrat. This was going to happen if McCain became president as well. If people disagree, then thats fine, but its the truth.

I don't think it has anything to do with Dem/Repub. The biggest issue I have with politicians is making promises that they can not keep and not looking at the big picture.

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM

that was awesome. thanks for making my morning. did you just start paying attention to american politics? i believe no president in history has had more judges blocked then bush did. democrats threatened to shut down congress multiple times if he tried to push something through.
Obama was able to pass the ridiculous stimulus package as well as a form of his heath care reform, the two largest things he has wanted to pass. Give me a break. the crap that obama has done as president is as much his fault as any partisanship in congress.

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM

But when is it going to turn around? Have Obama administration policies helped or hurt? I don't disagree that we would still have issues, but I'd wonder if Mccain would ram a healthcare bill through, do multiple stimulus packages, be a champ for green crap, cripple our energy and oil resources ect ect.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 10:30 AM
But when is it going to turn around? Have Obama administration policies helped or hurt? I don't disagree that we would still have issues, but I'd wonder if Mccain would ram a healthcare bill through, do multiple stimulus packages, be a champ for green crap, cripple our energy and oil resources ect ect.

No he would have just used the same money that obama has used in the forementioned projects in iraq. If a president is going to waste our taxpaying money I would rather him waste it at home in america than overseas with people who dont want us over there anyway. :winking0071:

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
No he would have just used the same money that obama has used in the forementioned projects in iraq. If a president is going to waste our taxpaying money I would rather him waste it at home in america than overseas with people who dont want us over there anyway. :winking0071:

Like Obama is now? That's a pretty big assumption there.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Like Obama is now? That's a pretty big assumption there.

Mccain said on several occasions that he would have established a permant us military base in iraq. Not exactly what most ppl want.

brandonbarnett
11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Either way Democrats and Republicans together have failed America..... Bush caught the tail end of Clintons downfalls, the 9-11 happened and was never able to recover, but he did a true presidents and kept the country safe afterwards, and then he started doing questionable things to try to leave a good legacy, but war tarnished that as thats all most people see him for....

Obama should not be there everybody knows Mrs.Clinton had the nom.... Obama is ALL flash no filler and played the people just right by giving just a lil bit of what he was gonna do.... sure all the healthcare sounds real sexy at first until you look into and u realize bottom line it sucks and will cost the u.s. doc's and limit pay, he seemed intent on over stepping his powers lots of times and forced thru ha™™™™l ideas because he could with the other Dems in there......

And I doubt the republicans can put a good front runner up to go against obama, but the country can't afford 4 more years of Obama and his spending on everything.....

And this is why I vote a Indy ticket

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Either way Democrats and Republicans together have failed America..... Bush caught the tail end of Clintons downfalls, the 9-11 happened and was never able to recover, but he did a true presidents and kept the country safe afterwards, and then he started doing questionable things to try to leave a good legacy, but war tarnished that as thats all most people see him for....

Obama should not be there everybody knows Mrs.Clinton had the nom.... Obama is ALL flash no filler and played the people just right by giving just a lil bit of what he was gonna do.... sure all the healthcare sounds real sexy at first until you look into and u realize bottom line it sucks and will cost the u.s. doc's and limit pay, he seemed intent on over stepping his powers lots of times and forced thru ha™™™™l ideas because he could with the other Dems in there......

And I doubt the republicans can put a good front runner up to go against obama, but the country can't afford 4 more years of Obama and his spending on everything.....

And this is why I vote a Indy ticket

I could probably handle 4 more years IF they switch out the senate. Also, you realize voting independent would probably give 4 more years to O.

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
that was awesome. thanks for making my morning. did you just start paying attention to american politics? i believe no president in history has had more judges blocked then bush did. democrats threatened to shut down congress multiple times if he tried to push something through.
Obama was able to pass the ridiculous stimulus package as well as a form of his heath care reform, the two largest things he has wanted to pass. Give me a break. the crap that obama has done as president is as much his fault as any partisanship in congress.

Glad I could make your morning. I have been interested in American politics since about the age of 13. Who cares about blocking judges? How did that affect the economy? Just because the House & Congressional Republicans wanted to play politics with the Stimulus package doesn't mean Obama owns it. Few in government, and even fewer economists, were foolish enough to think NO STIMULUS was needed. The Republicans may have not liked everything about it, but they knew something had to be done.

You really cannot compare the economic situation Bush was dealing with to the situation the country is facing now. Right now, the country needs to work together. Right now, partisanship matters.

brandonbarnett
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
I could probably handle 4 more years IF they switch out the senate. Also, you realize voting independent would probably give 4 more years to O.

Thats also what people put out against Jesse Ventura, but it didn't happen that way..... So all I can hope is all my votes for Indy's doesn't go in vain and people will "wise" up and go for someone in the middle ground.
I don't disagree that both main parties have good ideas but they never come out because BOTH sides put the good of the party ahead of America..... And BOTH side pander to different sides very heavily.... Which is why I can never vote for either or because there so off base with my core beliefs....

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
[/b]

thats also what people put out against jesse ventura, but it didn't happen that way..... So all i can hope is all my votes for indy's doesn't go in vain and people will "wise" up and go for someone in the middle ground.
I don't disagree that both main parties have good ideas but they never come out because both sides put the good of the party ahead of america..... And both side pander to different sides very heavily.... Which is why i can never vote for either or because there so off base with my core beliefs....

+1

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Glad I could make your morning. I have been interested in American politics since about the age of 13. Who cares about blocking judges? How did that affect the economy? Just because the House & Congressional Republicans wanted to play politics with the Stimulus package doesn't mean Obama owns it. Few in government, and even fewer economists, were foolish enough to think NO STIMULUS was needed. The Republicans may have not liked everything about it, but they knew something had to be done.

You really cannot compare the economic situation Bush was dealing with to the situation the country is facing now. Right now, the country needs to work together. Right now, partisanship matters.

ok, so it was ok for the democrats under bush to stall and block because the economy was better, but now it is the republicans who need to play ball huh?

while judges may not effect the economy, there is hardly any role of president that has more ability to shape the future of this country. so, obama has been in office 3 years. 2/3 of his presidency he had a blank check and now that the republicans are blocking some things you actually can say with a straight face that no president has faced the level of opposition he has. 1 year man. come on, you can't even believe that.

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
+1

+1? I thought you were voting for Obama?

gladdyontherise
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM

I don't know when it's going to turn around, but I honestly don't see it changing for the better in the near future. McCain most likely would've tried different things than Obama but I think the end result (thus far) would be the same.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
+1? I thought you were voting for Obama?

Yes I am. I still agree with the concept of independent canidates. If there are any good ones that I should take a look at feel free to list them here.

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Yes I am. I still agree with the concept of independent canidates. If there are any good ones that I should take a look at feel free to list them here.

No need to list, Obama's your boy. You've made it very clear.

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know when it's going to turn around, but I honestly don't see it changing for the better in the near future. McCain most likely would've tried different things than Obama but I think the end result (thus far) would be the same.

That's just a pretty big assumption IMO.

AUTaxMan
11-29-2011, 12:25 PM

You would be wrong. I was not a McCain fan, but he would not have made us a complete joke in terms of foreign policy, would not have passed the financially crippling health care law, would not have spent us into oblivion with multiple unchecked stimulus bills, and would not have declared war on domestic energy production. Things would be bad, but nowhere near as bad as they are now.

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
You would be wrong. I was not a McCain fan, but he would not have made us a complete joke in terms of foreign policy, would not have passed the financially crippling health care law, would not have spent us into oblivion with multiple unchecked stimulus bills, and would not have declared was on domestic energy production. Things would be bad, but nowhere near as bad as they are now.

Yeah, That's kinda along my lines of thinking and I was no McCain fan either.

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
ok, so it was ok for the democrats under bush to stall and block because the economy was better, but now it is the republicans who need to play ball huh?

while judges may not effect the economy, there is hardly any role of president that has more ability to shape the future of this country. so, obama has been in office 3 years. 2/3 of his presidency he had a blank check and now that the republicans are blocking some things you actually can say with a straight face that no president has faced the level of opposition he has. 1 year man. come on, you can't even believe that.

I never said it was ok, I implied that it is more imperative now then it was then. Are you going to dispute that?

As for judges, yes they are very important and both parties play politics with the process. It has no bearing on this discussion at all.

Even with a "blank cheque" he has faced unprecendented opposition from Day 1. Opposition isn't limited to the ability to actually block legislation. Not sure why you think that it is.

So, YES, I can believe it and say it with a straight face. I doubt you can though.

#1 Broncos Fan
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
I say give them a medal, Pakistan has done nothing but lie to the US and NATO it knew along that they had Osama Bin Laden living in its country and I almost guarnatee that they were also helping fund Al Quieda and probably still are! They just pissed because we are starting to catch on to their little game! I say if Pakistan wants to play then we let NATO handle them and if things get to far out of hand go in and assainate Pakistans current regime and crush and destroy any military power they may think they have! If the world was smart they would let Israel unleash fury on Iran also, I served our country in the US Army and US Navy during Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm and I have no remorse for countries like Syrian Iran, Pakistan, Iraq and so on basically any Middle East country because they allowed these demons to attack us on US soil and kill innocent people, well I say payback should be 1,000 times worse then anyting they could ever imagine and I feel sorry for the people who have to live under Dictator rule!

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I say give them a medal, Pakistan has done nothing but lie to the US and NATO it knew along that they had Osama Bin Laden living in its country and I almost guarnatee that they were also helping fund Al Quieda and probably still are! They just pissed because we are starting to catch on to their little game! I say if Pakistan wants to play then we let NATO handle them and if things get to far out of hand go in and assainate Pakistans current regime and crush and destroy any military power they may think they have! If the world was smart they would let Israel unleash fury on Iran also, I served our country in the US Army and US Navy during Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm and I have no remorse for countries like Syrian Iran, Pakistan, Iraq and so on basically any Middle East country because they allowed these demons to attack us on US soil and kill innocent people, well I say payback should be 1,000 times worse then anyting they could ever imagine and I feel sorry for the people who have to live under Dictator rule!

Give who a medal? And you are aware that Pakistan has nuclear weapons right?

#1 Broncos Fan
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Give who a medal? And you are aware that Pakistan has nuclear weapons right?

Yes I am aware they have nuclear weapons and don't care because not one country in this entire world has the balls to push that button, and the medals for the soldiers who are over there serving our country and dealing with the Political mess that has them there in the first place!

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Yes I am aware they have nuclear weapons and don't care because not one country in this entire world has the balls to push that button, and the medals for the soldiers who are over there serving our country and dealing with the Political mess that has them there in the first place!

Okay, I agree with you on the medals. As for your other thought: I guess you are not opposed to IRAN having nuclear weapons then. Afterall, they would not have the BALLS to use them. :rolleyes:

#1 Broncos Fan
11-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Okay, I agree with you on the medals. As for your other thought: I guess you are not opposed to IRAN having nuclear weapons then. Afterall, they would not have the BALLS to use them. :rolleyes:

I never said that, I am oppsossed to countries like Iran, Syria, Pakistan or any country fro that matter having nuclear weapons and I think the world should give Israel there blessings and support if they want to destroy the Iranian regime!

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
No need to list, Obama's your boy. You've made it very clear.

Silly me why on earth would I ever expect YOU to give me objective and unbiased information on political canidates? :frusty:

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Silly me why on earth would I ever expect YOU to give me objective and unbiased information on political canidates? :frusty:

Because you are one of the most nonobjective, biased people on here. It would do no good.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Because you are one of the most nonobjective, biased people on here. It would do no good.

http://www.seligorscastle.zoomshare.com/files/rhymes_rhythms/pot_calling_the_kettle_black.jpg.jpg

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.seligorscastle.zoomshare.com/files/rhymes_rhythms/pot_calling_the_kettle_black.jpg.jpg

I've told you a thousand times I am conservative. You will get everything from me from a conservative viewpoint. I don't try to pretend to be something else. You always claim how unbiased and objective you are which is an outright lie.

mrveggieman
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I've told you a thousand times I am conservative. You will get everything from me from a conservative viewpoint. I don't try to pretend to be something else. You always claim how unbiased and objective you are which is an outright lie.

The difference between myself and you is that I refuse to label myself as conservative/liberal nor do I claim to be a republican or democrat. Yes I openly admit to voting for President Obama and plan on again unless Jesus himself decides to come back to earth to run because as of right now now of the viable republicans have said or done anything that would even consider a second like from anyone with a bit of common sense but I dont go along with arguments just because it is the conservative or liberal thing to do. Ya'll have called me lib on several occasions even though I am against abortion just like you and agree wholeheartedly with the second amendment just like you. I believe that everyone regardless of their race, religion, nationality, gender, political beliefs, sexual preference or any other trivial matter has the write to obtain work to support himself and his fam, get an education, live in peace, be health, worship as the see fit and read and look at whatever floats their boat. If you feel that my views make me liberal and or unbiased call it however you want just call it.

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I never said it was ok, I implied that it is more imperative now then it was then. Are you going to dispute that?

As for judges, yes they are very important and both parties play politics with the process. It has no bearing on this discussion at all.

Even with a "blank cheque" he has faced unprecendented opposition from Day 1. Opposition isn't limited to the ability to actually block legislation. Not sure why you think that it is.

So, YES, I can believe it and say it with a straight face. I doubt you can though.

we will just have to agree to disagree. i find it awfully convenient all of the double standards that exist for obama (not saying you, just saying)

*bush was crucified in the media for 8 years but any knock on obama and it is either evil fox news or racism
*bush had insane opposition for a lot longer than 1 year but since it is more important now, the republicans need to just play ball
*bush was crucified for his foreign policy but when obama has done nothing better and in some cases worse, he gets a pass.

also, please tell me how someone with 2 years of a black check can possibly have the worst opposition in history? have you looked at the bills he pushed through?

also, you mentioned that obama has had more opposition than any president in history. how can the subject of judges not have anything to do with it. Appointing judges is 1 of the largest nation and policy shaping roles of the president and before his first term was even over bush had had more judges blocked than any president ever. How does that not equal opposition?