PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain might be leaving the race

TheGrapher
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
From yahoo: <br />
<br />
Herman Cain is reportedly considering ending his presidential bid after fielding another charge of sexual impropriety Monday. As has been the case with the past spate of...

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 06:17 PM
while i don't know what is true and what isn't, i feel there is probably something to some of it. regardless, the nature of politics is that he was probably toast the second the first accusation came out. even if they are all lies, standing his ground will only cost money. he has no chance of winning.

TheGrapher
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
while i don't know what is true and what isn't, i feel there is probably something to some of it. regardless, the nature of politics is that he was probably toast the second the first accusation came out. even if they are all lies, standing his ground will only cost money. he has no chance of winning.

Gingrich has been married three times and sent divorce papers to his wife while she was in the hospital when she had CANCER and her HUSBAND WAS CHEATING ON HER!!!

Apparently that hasn't stopped him.

andrewhoya
11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
:cheer2:

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Gingrich has been married three times and sent divorce papers to his wife while she was in the hospital when she had CANCER and her HUSBAND WAS CHEATING ON HER!!!

It's not the "act" that gets you in trouble, it's the coverup and denial that people do not tolerate.

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm sure there will be another turd to follow right behind him to lead our country...

duane1969
11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
That is unfortuante. He is the only candidate I was willing to vote for. For the first time since I was 18 I may be avoiding the polling locations this year.

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
That is unfortuante. He is the only candidate I was willing to vote for. For the first time since I was 18 I may be avoiding the polling locations this year.
*gasp*

Looks like you'll be bunched in with the "if you don't vote you don't have an opinion on politics people." :winking0071:

texansrangerfan73
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Only 1 reason he'd dropped out........GUILTY

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Only 1 reason he'd dropped out........GUILTY

while i think he is probably guilty of something, i have to disagree with your statement. once these accusations come out during a campaign, he was done. if these were out and dealt with years ago it wouldn't matter but coming out during the campaign sealed it.

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
while i think he is probably guilty of something, i have to disagree with your statement. Once these accusations come out during a campaign, he was done. If these were out and dealt with years ago it wouldn't matter but coming out during the campaign sealed it.
+1

texansrangerfan73
11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
while i think he is probably guilty of something, i have to disagree with your statement. once these accusations come out during a campaign, he was done. if these were out and dealt with years ago it wouldn't matter but coming out during the campaign sealed it.

So you think he's guilty of something but you disagree with my statement of being guilty. Is that a contradiction or what lol?

sanfran22
11-29-2011, 10:36 PM

That Gingrich story is not entirely true.....His wife actually asked for a divorce according to her daughter. No papers were served either according to her. Just typical journalism. He was a cheater though, which is not cool.

ensbergcollector
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
So you think he's guilty of something but you disagree with my statement of being guilty. Is that a contradiction or what lol?

your statement was that the only reason to step down is if he is guilty. i was saying whether guilty or not, his campaign is over so even if he is completely innocent he has reason to step down. so, not a contradiction at all. thanks though

AUTaxMan
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
It's not the "act" that gets you in trouble, it's the coverup and denial that people do not tolerate.

This is true, although we don't know who is telling the truth yet.

texansrangerfan73
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
your statement was that the only reason to step down is if he is guilty. i was saying whether guilty or not, his campaign is over so even if he is completely innocent he has reason to step down. so, not a contradiction at all. thanks though

But why step down or out? I thought he was raising good funds but I guess not. Yea the guilty part is just my opinion but if he thninks he can't win or go on then he should drop out of the race. Be best for this country anyways.

INTIMADATOR2007
11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
After listening to Herman on the radio for many years this is more sad than anything . From what i got from Herman is he is a good man and a family man and all the ALLEGATIONS are not the Herman Cain i listened to almost everyday .
Is this an attack from the Obama's group of chicago politcal thuggery i would almost bet on it . Throughout Herman's entire working career which was for many companies I find it odd that ALL these women come from the 3 yr. time frame of him working at the NRA in Chicago. There have been several women he worked with that have came forward and said this is not the Herman Cain they worked with other than these women at the NRA . Herman's aspirations for being president is over his next big challenge is to try and heal his family from the damage done . I personaly do not think Herman had any Inaproprate conduct with any women but there are too many bogus stories now to fix . And if for one minute you do not think this is the Chicago political machine at work just do some digging into how Obama used dirty ,slimy tricks to win his seat as senator. After all this is the Chicago way .

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
After listening to Herman on the radio for many years this is more sad than anything . From what i got from Herman is he is a good man and a family man and all the ALLEGATIONS are not the Herman Cain i listened to almost everyday .
Is this an attack from the Obama's group of chicago politcal thuggery i would almost bet on it . Throughout Herman's entire working career which was for many companies I find it odd that ALL these women come from the 3 yr. time frame of him working at the NRA in Chicago. There have been several women he worked with that have came forward and said this is not the Herman Cain they worked with other than these women at the NRA . Herman's aspirations for being president is over his next big challenge is to try and heal his family from the damage done . I personaly do not think Herman had any Inaproprate conduct with any women but there are too many bogus stories now to fix . And if for one minute you do not think this is the Chicago political machine at work just do some digging into how Obama used dirty ,slimy tricks to win his seat as senator. After all this is the Chicago way .
Blame Obama! Of course! :winking0071:

lloydr04
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
*gasp*

Looks like you'll be bunched in with the "if you don't vote you don't have an opinion on politics people." :winking0071:

Beat me to it

lloydr04
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM

A big post of hot air weighed with opinion and absolutely no facts, congratulations!!

You also spelled political , personally and inappropriate wrong:winking0071:

habsheaven
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM

Not surprised that this is your take on the whole thing. Can't wait to hear the rest of your conspiracy theories, NOT. :rolleyes:

INTIMADATOR2007
11-29-2011, 11:28 PM
A big post of hot air weighed with opinion and absolutely no facts, congratulations!!

You also spelled political , personally and inappropriate wrong:winking0071:
Who are you the internet police , Really is this all you people have is just coming after someone spelling 3 words wrong . What facts are you looking for ? The FACT that Obama stole his senate seat ? All the women are from the NRA ? The FACT that this is how Chicago politics work ? Oh' those facts that your are not going to get reading the junk you read .

INTIMADATOR2007
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Not surprised that this is your take on the whole thing. Can't wait to hear the rest of your conspiracy theories, NOT. :rolleyes:
Why is everything that a "right winger" post is a conspiracy theory ? It amazes me with all the info out there you people refuse to see it .

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Who are you the internet police , Really is this all you people have is just coming after someone spelling 3 words wrong . What facts are you looking for ? The FACT that Obama stole his senate seat ? All the women are from the NRA ? The FACT that this is how Chicago politics work ? Oh' those facts that your are not going to get reading the junk you read .
You must REALLY like Herman Cain...

Hilfiger1975
11-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Why is everything that a "right winger" post is a conspiracy theory ? It amazes me with all the info out there you people refuse to see it .
I guess it's just part of being a person from the "left" duty?

INTIMADATOR2007
11-29-2011, 11:53 PM
When Obama was running for the Illinois Senate, a scandal erupted against his opponent and he ended up withdrawing. In his U.S. Senate Race, by some miracle, Obama got his opponent's divorce records unsealed, in California no less, and he ended up withdrawing from the race. Now we have Herman Cain. Are these women telling the truth? Who knows! When you get into these situations it's extremely difficult to determine the truth. Clinton had an affair with Gennifer Flowers and the only reason we know that is she had the tapes. Clinton had an affair with Monica Lewinsky and the reason we know that, she had the dress. At that time, the burden of proof was on the accuser and each won the day. So far, not one of Herman Cain's accusers have the goods, the one thing to definitively prove they are correct, but the press has conveniently lowered the burden of proof.

Thank God, the candidate who's going to vanquish Obama next election has all his warts out there and the press will really have to dig hard to come up with something else. Democrats, of course, are always capable of finding people who will claim anything to destroy a candidate and the Republican candidate will have to be ready for that. Barring that, no matter what happens to Herman Cain, Obama is going to lose the next election. The press doesn't have enough credibility to carry him and he has no policy that people will want to continue.

lloydr04
11-30-2011, 12:26 AM

Show me facts and not opinions.....

Before your criticize someone .. maybe you should learn how to spell at the very least... makes the argument look that much more intelligent.

Also , not EVERY politician in Chicago works that way.. or is this another gem you pulled out of nowhere? Generalize much , bud?

pghin08
11-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Doubtful. This Republican field is doing a great job slandering each other and shooting themselves in the foot. Why would they need any help from Mr. O? If anyone is planting these stories, I'd bet it's the other Republican candidates.

mrveggieman
11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
When Obama was running for the Illinois Senate, a scandal erupted against his opponent and he ended up withdrawing. In his U.S. Senate Race, by some miracle, Obama got his opponent's divorce records unsealed, in California no less, and he ended up withdrawing from the race. Now we have Herman Cain. Are these women telling the truth? Who knows! When you get into these situations it's extremely difficult to determine the truth. Clinton had an affair with Gennifer Flowers and the only reason we know that is she had the tapes. Clinton had an affair with Monica Lewinsky and the reason we know that, she had the dress. At that time, the burden of proof was on the accuser and each won the day. So far, not one of Herman Cain's accusers have the goods, the one thing to definitively prove they are correct, but the press has conveniently lowered the burden of proof.

Thank God, the candidate who's going to vanquish Obama next election has all his warts out there and the press will really have to dig hard to come up with something else. Democrats, of course, are always capable of finding people who will claim anything to destroy a candidate and the Republican candidate will have to be ready for that. Barring that, no matter what happens to Herman Cain, Obama is going to lose the next election. The press doesn't have enough credibility to carry him and he has no policy that people will want to continue.

Dude are you serious? Blaming President Obama. Herman Cain is a nobody to Obama. Why would he waste his time on a clown like that who has about as much chance of winning the republican nomination as you or I? We both know that the people who pull the strings within the republican party will have nothing to do with Herman Cain and he was only paraded around for show until who they figure out who their real canidate is going to be.

duane1969
11-30-2011, 11:07 AM
*gasp*

Yup, that's me. The simple reality is that if the options are Romney or Obama then I don't see either as a "lesser evil" and I don't vote party lines.

Choosing to vote for either Obama or Romney would be like choosing whether I want my left eye or my right eye cut out. I choose option #3...neither.

I would suspect Romney before I would suspect Obama. Even Cain accused Romney of leaking the sexual harrassment settlement.

ensbergcollector
11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Dude are you serious? Blaming President Obama. Herman Cain is a nobody to Obama. Why would he waste his time on a clown like that who has about as much chance of winning the republican nomination as you or I? We both know that the people who pull the strings within the republican party will have nothing to do with Herman Cain and he was only paraded around for show until who they figure out who their real canidate is going to be.

for someone claiming conspiracy theory you sure are sounding like you have one of your own.

mrveggieman
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
for someone claiming conspiracy theory you sure are sounding like you have one of your own.

And watch how everything that I and the so called liberals that ya'll speak of said about herman cain is now coming to pass. He had a 0% chance from day 1 of going anywhere as their canidate and even if you wont admit it on the forum you know its true.

duane1969
11-30-2011, 11:32 AM
And watch how everything that I and the so called liberals that ya'll speak of said about herman cain is now coming to pass. He had a 0% chance from day 1 of going anywhere as their canidate and even if you wont admit it on the forum you know its true.

Cain was the GOP front-runner until this silliness came out. The last few polls before the sexual harrassment thing came out had him either ahead of or neck-and-neck with Romney.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM

He doesn't have a 0% chance because of anything you said. He doesn't have a 0% chance because he was an "uncle tom". Or because he "forgot where he came from". Or because he's the "token" ect. He has no chance because of public opinion on scandals, not because of anything you've said.

pghin08
11-30-2011, 11:35 AM
You know, I vehemently dislike the guy (on a personal level), but I'm surprised that NOBODY is aboard the Rick Santorum train. The guy oozes conservative family values.

AUTaxMan
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
You know, I vehemently dislike the guy (on a personal level), but I'm surprised that NOBODY is aboard the Rick Santorum train. The guy oozes conservative family values.

I think he is fantastic. He is also very knowledgeable on foreign policy. I think it was you, though, who said he is boring, and I can't disagree with that.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
I think he is fantastic. He is also very knowledgeable on foreign policy. I think it was you, though, who said he is boring, and I can't disagree with that.

Yeah, I like him as well.......

duane1969
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

Just being a conservative doesn't cut it for me.

pghin08
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

It was Tim Pawlenty who I liked, but thought was boring. I guess Santorum has a bit of that in him too though. I have some personal experience with him, and I don't think he's a person who really cares about his constituency like he claims to.

His wife is pretty nice though.

mrveggieman
11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
He doesn't have a 0% chance because of anything you said. He doesn't have a 0% chance because he was an "uncle tom". Or because he "forgot where he came from". Or because he's the "token" ect. He has no chance because of public opinion on scandals, not because of anything you've said.

I never gave myself that much credit. :winking0071:

Bottom line is that herman cain made his bed now he has to lie in it. Oh wait that is how he got into this mess in the first place. My bad. I wonder how Gloria is taking this.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
I never gave myself that much credit. :winking0071:

Bottom line is that herman cain made his bed now he has to lie in it. Oh wait that is how he got into this mess in the first place. My bad. I wonder how Gloria is taking this.

Really, because you just took credit for it. Reread your post. I will reserve judgment until all the facts come out personally. I guess the Duke lacrosse kids were guilty in your eyes as well? You and the reverend should hook up.

mrveggieman
11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Really, because you just took credit for it. Reread your post. I will reserve judgment until all the facts come out personally. I guess the Duke lacrosse kids were guilty in your eyes as well? You and the reverend should hook up.

I'm sure whatever revernd you are referring to cant be worse than pat robertson. :winking0071:

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm sure whatever revernd you are referring to cant be worse than pat robertson. :winking0071:

Oh, he can...:winking0071:

AUTaxMan
11-30-2011, 12:31 PM
It was Tim Pawlenty who I liked, but thought was boring. I guess Santorum has a bit of that in him too though. I have some personal experience with him, and I don't think he's a person who really cares about his constituency like he claims to.

His wife is pretty nice though.

I think Santorum is as genuine as a politician can be. Sometimes you don't always catch people in their best moments.

mrveggieman
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, he can...:winking0071:

OMG you want me to see Herman Cain. Somebody call the mods. I feel threatened. :winking0071:

Star_Cards
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I fail to see why someone who has had an affair for 13 years would even bother running for president. And if they did I'd think the best way to start that campaign would be to put it all out on the table. Surely he had to know this was going to come out at the worst time. Of course this is all if the claims are true and he has had this affair.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I fail to see why someone who has had an affair for 13 years would even bother running for president. And if they did I'd think the best way to start that campaign would be to put it all out on the table. Surely he had to know this was going to come out at the worst time. Of course this is all if the claims are true and he has had this affair.

Well, it's happened before. Clinton, Edwards ect. I guess they figure it would never come out?!?!?!

pghin08
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Santorum is as genuine as a politician can be. Sometimes you don't always catch people in their best moments.

Actually, I worked for him. It's a huge hit to my liberal street cred, I know. But I liked his support of Bush's SS privatization plan, and I worked on his failed 2006 re-election bid. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing how stressful it could be. But my "Rick Santorum really is a jerk" opinion was confirmed by my cousin, who worked (closer than I did) with Rick at Eckert Seamans here in Pittsburgh.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Actually, I worked for him. It's a huge hit to my liberal street cred, I know. But I liked his support of Bush's SS privatization plan, and I worked on his failed 2006 re-election bid. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing how stressful it could be. But my "Rick Santorum really is a jerk" opinion was confirmed by my cousin, who worked (closer than I did) with Rick at Eckert Seamans here in Pittsburgh.

lol, street cred....Are you turning from the dark side??:party0048:

AUTaxMan
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, it's happened before. Clinton, Edwards ect. I guess they figure it would never come out?!?!?!

He would be an idiot if this is true and he believed that. I don't think he is an idiot, so I tend not to believe it. Let's see his wife's reaction.

Star_Cards
11-30-2011, 12:56 PM

There's proof of pay offs to some woman and Cain even backed that up to my knowledge. I'm not sure how payoffs would come about if he was completely innocent. That's just my personal opinion. It seems like Cain was a man of enough means that he would have fought for his reputation if he was in fact innocent and would have rather used money to prove that over paying the woman off.

As for listening to his radio show and actually knowing the person on a personal level you can only get so much information. I've heard him on the radio prior to this run when he's filled in for Boortz a few times. He seems like a decent man to me and if he had an affair that really wouldn't change my view on him much. We aren't aware of the specific situations. However, unless all of this is completely fabricated he has no one to blame but himself.

oh, and I don't find it that odd that the women coming forward are from a 3 year span. Maybe that's when he had more temptation or opportunity. And just because some women say he never sexually harassed them doesn't really mean he couldn't have done it to others. If one sexually harasses someone doesn't mean they sexually harass everyone.

AUTaxMan
11-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Proof of a settlement isn't evidence of wrongdoing or admission of guilt.

pghin08
11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
lol, street cred....Are you turning from the dark side??:party0048:

Haha, not at all. I try (notice I say try, I'm not always successful) to have opinions on ideas more than people, and I try to support good ideas by joining others who agree. Those ideas usually happen to be supported by Democrats, but if not, I have no hesitance about supporting those who feel like I do.

sanfran22
11-30-2011, 01:09 PM
He would be an idiot if this is true and he believed that. I don't think he is an idiot, so I tend not to believe it. Let's see his wife's reaction.

I agree, I'm just saying people have run before with baggage like that.