PDA

View Full Version : I wont honor mexican flag says texas teen

mrveggieman
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/11/i-wont-honor-mexican-flag-texas-teen-says/

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Isn't this old news, or is it just another occurrence of the same thing that happened a month ago?

Star_Cards
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
this is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Why is she taking Spanish if she doesn't want to learn the culture? Foreign Language classes are more than just learning the language itself. We learned the anthem in French as well as other songs and various national songs of pride, etc. It's really about learning a new culture and not about being allegiant to a different country. We got to pick our foreign language when we were in 7th grade so I'm assuming she has the choice of which language to take.
If this is an issue why not just pick another language and if she would have the same issue with any language then don't take a foreign language. I wonder if she'd have the same reaction if this was french or german class?

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 04:35 PM
this is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Why is she taking Spanish if she doesn't want to learn the culture? Foreign Language classes are more than just learning the language itself. We learned the anthem in French as well as other songs and various national songs of pride, etc. It's really about learning a new culture and not about being allegiant to a different country. We got to pick our foreign language when we were in 7th grade so I'm assuming she has the choice of which language to take.
If this is an issue why not just pick another language and if she would have the same issue with any language then don't take a foreign language. I wonder if she'd have the same reaction if this was french or german class?

I agree. I can still remember a good bit of the French national anthem.

mrveggieman
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Hell I can still know how to single jingle bells in french. Sadly that's about all that I remember.

Star_Cards
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM

I actually don't, but remember singing "oh shanzelize". lol

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Allonz enfants de la patrie, le jour de gloire et arrive...

Star_Cards
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
UGH... to the iPod, quickly to get that song out of my head!!!

I hope to god that you had to google that. (yes I know that phrase is ironic coming from me)

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
UGH... to the iPod, quickly to get that song out of my head!!!

I hope to god that you had to google that. (yes I know that phrase is ironic coming from me)

Unfortunately, I did not. And yes, it is now stuck in my head as well.

duwal
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM

I took French too over Spanish but it was more because I was hot for teacher :winking0071:

DaClyde
12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I took three years of Russian in HS. Oh, what a waste.

Kids, if you have a chance to learn an oddball languange in high school, SERIOUSLY weigh whether or not you are EVER likely to encounter someone who speaks said language. If not, pass and pick Spanish. Being able to understand the odd word spoken by Eastern European gangsters in action movies is hardly worth the three year investment.

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
You would be foolish not to take Spanish.

AUTaxMan
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I took French too over Spanish but it was more because I was hot for teacher :winking0071:

That is a legitimate reason.