PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry campaign ad denounces "Obama's war on religion"

gatorboymike
12-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Or Why Rick Perry is not Great, since he's practically Tim Tebow's dad and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA

As of this post, the video is only three days old and it's already surpassed Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video as the most hated video on YouTube.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/rick-perry-rebecca-black-youtube-dislikes_n_1138000.html?ref=technology

Perry's "Strong" ad:
Posted: 12/6/11
Views: 747,019
Dislikes: 387,760 (97.7%)

Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video:
Posted: 9/16/11
Views: 10,411,921
Dislikes: 255,073 (78.1%)

Truly the hand of God is guiding this man. Let's break this nonsense down, shall we?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian...

Well, other Christians should be ashamed you are one of them. You, sir, are a one-man public relations disaster. Admit that you're a Christian, ppbbphph. Not ashamed to admit to being a Christian in a nation whose population is 75-80% Christian. Well done. Nobody calls you chicken, Ricky McFly.

...but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military...

Way to take a shot at the men and women who serve their country. This is coming from the party who made "Support Our Troops" a national mantra? Well, we see just how much he actually supports the troops. "Yes, I know you've given up your lives in the figurative sense and are at constant risk of losing them in the literal sense, so that I don't have to, but I still think you're the dirt I scrape off my shoes and you are the worst thing that's wrong with our country." I hope America's gay and lesbian servicepersons know exactly how highly this guy thinks of them, I hope this motivates them to respond in kind, and I hope that if he gets elected, they won't fight for him.

...but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas...

Our kids can't celebrate Christmas? Are you on drugs? Where exactly are the jackbooted thugs preventing people nationwide from celebrating Christmas?

...or pray in school.

Oh, the jackbooted thugs must be in the schools. Right. Yeah. Don't you love when Christians pretend they're the oppressed minority in this country? (See 75-80% of the population stat previously mentioned.) And don't you love the way these comments on the state of public schools today are being made by people who haven't been in school for 30 or 40 years? Do you not realize it's only state-mandated, teacher/administrator-led prayer that's illegal? Do you not realize little Johnny can sit there at his desk or out on the playground and pray? Sheesh. When I was in high school, Fellowship of Christian Athletes held a prayer around the school flagpole every morning. And there were no Ministry of Love shock troops taking nightsticks to their faces. Is Rick Perry really stupid enough to believe this, or is he just a liar?

As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion.

Excuse me while I go outside and laugh for 30 minutes. Yeah, Obama's war on religion. Uh-huh. Find me one time Obama spoke out against religion. Find me one bill he signed that attacks religion. Don't you guys remember how you were losing your minds over Rev. Jeremiah Wright? Don't you guys remember how you spent three years accusing him of being a Muslim? So, what, first he's one of those scary black supremacist Christians, then he's a Muslim, now he's an atheist? Are you just allergic to truth and consistency? Right, it was Obama who got rid of prayer in schools, and in the last three years, it wasn't Supreme Court cases decided while he was a toddler. Nope. Maybe he just thinks America can't handle a president who doesn't publicly mention God 200 times every day and wipe his feet all over the First Amendment...you know, like we used to have.

And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.

So that's why more than 50% of liberals state that their religious faith is very important in their life, and agree that "God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today." I guess in Rick Perry's America, if all conservatives are Christians, all liberals must be atheists. Hmmm, don't I wish.

http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/13-culture/258-survey-shows-how-liberals-and-conservatives-differ-on-matters-of-faith

Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.

Faith made America strong the way Communism made Russia strong. And it will end in much the same way, I am quite sure. Elect Rick Perry and find out for yourself!

I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.

Well, seeing as how you batted 0.000 for the rest of this ad, I'm going to go with probability and assume you're actually LeBron James and you don't approve this message.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2362088782_0ff6dc96eb.jpg

AUTaxMan
12-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Wow. That ad must have really hit home with you. Not only do we all know your feelings on Christianity, but I'm Pretty sure there isn't a single regular poster here who is a Rick Perry supporter, so it looks like you just wasted a lot of time. Probably made you feel better about yourself, though, so I guess some good came of it.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Rick Perry is an idiot.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Wow. That ad must have really hit home with you. Not only do we all know your feelings on Christianity, but I'm Pretty sure there isn't a single regular poster here who is a Rick Perry supporter, so it looks like you just wasted a lot of time. Probably made you feel better about yourself, though, so I guess some good came of it.

I don't think GBM said one thing that wasn't pretty much dead on about that ad. And I'm glad we don't have any regulars who are Rick Perry supporters, there are WAY better choices on that side.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 09:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Nobody on here even cares for him or has said they will vote for him. A lot of effort for nothing...

duane1969
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Our kids can't celebrate Christmas? Are you on drugs? Where exactly are the jackbooted thugs preventing people nationwide from celebrating Christmas?

Have you been under a rock? Schools across the nation are banning Christmas parties and banning Christmas decorations so they can be PC and not offend the non-Christian non-Christmas celebrating students. WalMart employees are told to say "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas" to customers. The Christmas tree has been renamed the Holiday Tree, even though the dimwits who argue that it should be called a Holiday tree are protecting the feelings of people who don't even put up a tree.

I am more than happy to say Happy Holidays or call it a Holiday tree as soon as the people who are offended by the term "Christmas" admit that they are so mentally pathetic and weak that the term Christmas causes them psychological trauma and mental anguish.

So that's why more than 50% of liberals state that their religious faith is very important in their life, and agree that "God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today." I guess in Rick Perry's America, if all conservatives are Christians, all liberals must be atheists. Hmmm, don't I wish.

Regardless of what percentage of liberals are Christian, it doesn't change the fact that it is the far left that is constantly on the hunt for an excuse to attack Christianity. For example...you.

Faith made America strong the way Communism made Russia strong. And it will end in much the same way, I am quite sure. Elect Rick Perry and find out for yourself!

Nice attempt to parallel Christianity and Communism. Since you know so much about both then you know that this is a pretty lame attempt to disparage Christianity.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Who in the hell cares if you say happy holidays or merry christmas? Who cares if you call a tree a holiday tree or a christmas tree. Everyone still knows what you are talking about. The original december 25 holiday predates what was known as christmas by thousands of years. Google the roman sun god mirtha. It's so sad that during this time of year which is supposed to stand for loving one another and inclusion that a group of right wing extremist christians only are only concerned about themselves and could not care less about others. SMH.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Who in the hell cares if you say happy holidays or merry christmas? Who cares if you call a tree a holiday tree or a christmas tree. Everyone still knows what you are talking about. The original december 25 holiday predates what was known as christmas by thousands of years. Google the roman sun god mirtha. It's so sad that during this time of year which is supposed to stand for loving one another and inclusion that a group of right wing extremist christians only are only concerned about themselves and could not care less about others. SMH.

Truth. In this day and age, Christmas has almost become a monument to consumerism. I always admire the few religious people that I know who always maintained Jesus at the center of the Christmas holiday and not presents/food.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 10:16 AM

You do realize that this swings both ways, right? The left is just as guilty for making a big deal of fighting to change the name as the right is of fighting to keep it named that way.

It is kind of biased to blame the right for this issue when it wouldn't exist if not for the left trying to change it. If the left could just accept that people want to call the tree that they put up for Christmas a Christmas tree then there would be no problem.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
You do realize that this swings both ways, right? The left is just as guilty for making a big deal of fighting to change the name as the right is of fighting to keep it named that way.

It is kind of biased to blame the right for this issue when it wouldn't exist if not for the left trying to change it. If the left could just accept that people want to call the tree that they put up for Christmas a Christmas tree then there would be no problem.

I really don't care what they call it. My life continues the same regardless. Both sides need to stop making mountians out of moldhills. If you believe in jesus birth and want to call it a christmas tree fine. If you don't and want to call it a holiday tree or better yet don't participate in it at all good for you as well.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I really don't care what they call it. My life continues the same regardless. Both sides need to stop making mountians out of moldhills. If you believe in jesus birth and want to call it a christmas tree fine. If you don't and want to call it a holiday tree or better yet don't participate in it at all good for you as well.

That is the way I see it as well. Doesn't change the fact that kids in schools are being "sheltered" from the word Christmas, which was the original point.

I don't care what other people call it, just don't try to force me to call it something else because it might offend someone.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
That is the way I see it as well. Doesn't change the fact that kids in schools are being "sheltered" from the word Christmas, which was the original point.

I don't care what other people call it, just don't try to force me to call it something else because it might offend someone.

That's why education should start at home. If you are a christian and believe in jesus birth and the concept of christanity you need to educate your children accordingly and not rely on state run schools to do so. Likewise if you are a non christian it is your responsiblity to educate your kids on why you do not believe in christanity and stop looking to the state to do your job as a parent.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
That's why education should start at home. If you are a christian and believe in jesus birth and the concept of christanity you need to educate your children accordingly and not rely on state run schools to do so. Likewise if you are a non christian it is your responsiblity to educate your kids on why you do not believe in christanity and stop looking to the state to do your job as a parent.

I see a difference in educating the kids and allowing them to celebrate a national holiday. Christianity is not the focus of Christmas celebration in schools. It is all about parties and exchanging gifts. Taking that away from them because of some misguided hate for Christianity is just wrong.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I see a difference in educating the kids and allowing them to celebrate a national holiday. Christianity is not the focus of Christmas celebration in schools. It is all about parties and exchanging gifts. Taking that away from them because of some misguided hate for Christianity is just wrong.

That's how we grew up but times have changed. Yes I feel bad for kids whose parents do not allow them to exchange gifts or participate in school christmas parties but that is ultimately the partents call not ours. I know when I was in school during the 1980s and early 90s there were always a couple of kids in my class that were not allowed to participate in different activities and had to either do an alternate assignment or leave the room all together. As america becomes more and more diverse we need to take into consideration the needs of others instead of just thinking of ourselves. Again I don't care what someobody calls a tree or particular holiday but we cannot continue to force our views on others who don't agree with us. Just imagine a day in america when christians are the minority and no one cares about their customs or feelings.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM

so people should only post stuff when they know people on this board are for whatever you are posting about? Maybe that's the problem with this board... people trying to post just to one up someone else on the board who they disagree with. I prefer to see stories and five my opinion and not think about who on the board I can fight with about it.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 11:12 AM
the whole "war on christianity", "war on religion", and "war on christmas" angle cracks me up. It's absurd in my opinion. The vast majority of americans believe in a christian god as well as the politicians. Painting them out to be a victim or being oppressed is laughable. Sure, they have rights just like everyone else, but let's not get crazy.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Have you been under a rock? Schools across the nation are banning Christmas parties and banning Christmas decorations so they can be PC and not offend the non-Christian non-Christmas celebrating students. WalMart employees are told to say "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas" to customers. The Christmas tree has been renamed the Holiday Tree, even though the dimwits who argue that it should be called a Holiday tree are protecting the feelings of people who don't even put up a tree.

I am more than happy to say Happy Holidays or call it a Holiday tree as soon as the people who are offended by the term "Christmas" admit that they are so mentally pathetic and weak that the term Christmas causes them psychological trauma and mental anguish.

Regardless of what percentage of liberals are Christian, it doesn't change the fact that it is the far left that is constantly on the hunt for an excuse to attack Christianity. For example...you.

Nice attempt to parallel Christianity and Communism. Since you know so much about both then you know that this is a pretty lame attempt to disparage Christianity.

Why are people so hell bent on having christianity/religion in schools? Just because you want to teach your children about a religion doesn't mean it has to be done in a public school. There are religious schools that you can put your kids in if you want.

As for me I don't really think a christmas show is a big deal. We had them when I was a kid and they were fun to go to. Singing songs like frosty or the 12 days of christmas or jingle bells really doesn't have a religious tone at all even though it revolves around a religious holiday.

I think happy holidays came around because there are a lot of holidays within a month or so. I see it more of a way to wish everyone happiness for all at once rather than each individually. I'm not sure why people are so offended by happy holidays. now, saying holiday tree is just dumb. it's a tree that symbolizes one holiday and that is christmas. even if someone isn't christian it's still a christmas tree. lol

I personally don't attack christianity. It's a defense of christianity's attack of trying to make their values the law of this country.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Why are people so hell bent on having christianity/religion in schools? Just because you want to teach your children about a religion doesn't mean it has to be done in a public school. There are religious schools that you can put your kids in if you want.

As for me I don't really think a christmas show is a big deal. We had them when I was a kid and they were fun to go to. Singing songs like frosty or the 12 days of christmas or jingle bells really doesn't have a religious tone at all even though it revolves around a religious holiday.

I think happy holidays came around because there are a lot of holidays within a month or so. I see it more of a way to wish everyone happiness for all at once rather than each individually. I'm not sure why people are so offended by happy holidays. now, saying holiday tree is just dumb. it's a tree that symbolizes one holiday and that is christmas. even if someone isn't christian it's still a christmas tree. lol

I personally don't attack christianity. It's a defense of christianity's attack of trying to make their values the law of this country.

Agreed. For everyone's consideration, Jefferson's Danbury Baptist letter:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 11:38 AM

not talking about you, but that thinking is a large part of the problem. Everyone acts like they can do or say whatever they want to christians because christians are attacking us. that's ridiculous.

also, everyone keeps saying that christians are the majority so we need to stop with the poor oppressed us language. If 80% of the country believes something, that means nothing anymore. If 95% of a school celebrates christmas, there can't be a christmas play or party because of the 5%. And no, happy holidays did not originate because of the large number of holidays in december. it came because there were large stories about people who don't celebrate christmas being offended at being told merry christmas by store employees.
Can you name me 1 TV character who is openly christian who is not mocked or made fun of?

now, just so i stay somewhat on topic, i think the "war on religion" started long before obama and i think perry's ad is shamefully ridiculous. That said, for people to act like because the majority of the country is christian that it is impossible for there to be any oppression is horribly short sighted.

habsheaven
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I seem to recall a few of the regulars expressing their support for Perry before he declared and shortly after. And I know all the regulars on the right would choose Perry despite his shortcomings if he is running against Obama. And that is really sad!

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
not talking about you, but that thinking is a large part of the problem. Everyone acts like they can do or say whatever they want to christians because christians are attacking us. that's ridiculous.

also, everyone keeps saying that christians are the majority so we need to stop with the poor oppressed us language. If 80% of the country believes something, that means nothing anymore. If 95% of a school celebrates christmas, there can't be a christmas play or party because of the 5%. And no, happy holidays did not originate because of the large number of holidays in december. it came because there were large stories about people who don't celebrate christmas being offended at being told merry christmas by store employees.
Can you name me 1 TV character who is openly christian who is not mocked or made fun of?

now, just so i stay somewhat on topic, i think the "war on religion" started long before obama and i think perry's ad is shamefully ridiculous. That said, for people to act like because the majority of the country is christian that it is impossible for there to be any oppression is horribly short sighted.

I don't think I can do or say anything I want to christians. nor do I think that just because a person is a christian that it means they are attacking me. There are just certain times where this happens. I'm not in constance defense of christianity. If a discussion pops up I will give my opinions. That doesn't mean there's always a battle.

I know you weren't talking about me specifically. I just like to reply with my thoughts and opinions specifically as to not claim everyone who thinks like me on the topic follow my exact opinions.

I agree that just because a group is the majority doesn't mean that they can't be oppressed, but christianity doesn't fall into that category as far as I see it. It's not about majority. It's about what's right.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Not so long ago in america the majority believed that it was ok to discriminate against people because of the color of their skin. Prior to that they also believed it was ok to enslave people and even used the bible to justify it. So what are you trying to suggest. Majority rules all others be damned?

duane1969
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I seem to recall a few of the regulars expressing their support for Perry before he declared and shortly after. And I know all the regulars on the right would choose Perry despite his shortcomings if he is running against Obama. And that is really sad!

I expressed support for him entering the race because I thought he might be a legit candidate. After learning more about him I have changed my stance on him.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
That's how we grew up but times have changed. Yes I feel bad for kids whose parents do not allow them to exchange gifts or participate in school christmas parties but that is ultimately the partents call not ours. I know when I was in school during the 1980s and early 90s there were always a couple of kids in my class that were not allowed to participate in different activities and had to either do an alternate assignment or leave the room all together. As america becomes more and more diverse we need to take into consideration the needs of others instead of just thinking of ourselves. Again I don't care what someobody calls a tree or particular holiday but we cannot continue to force our views on others who don't agree with us. Just imagine a day in america when christians are the minority and no one cares about their customs or feelings.

And that is exactly what I see as a problem. I have no issue with diversity. I have an issue with oppressing the masses to please the few. It is only in America that this silliness happens. When is the last time you heard of a Muslim school not saying prayers because an athiest or Jewish kid was offended? When is the last time that a Jewish person was told they have to refer to the menorah as a candlestick holder because non-Jews are offended?

Far too often politically correct equates to common sense challenged.

tsjct
12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
And now we have to rename the Fort Hood shooting by a TERRORIST. Its now work related anger not TERROR. What a joke. The guy was yelling ALLAHU AKBAR while shooting our TROOPS and now we have to be PC and call it something else besides what it is "TERROR". I am so tired of the PC game to appease a few.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
And now we have to rename the Fort Hood shooting by a TERRORIST. Its now work related anger not TERROR. What a joke. The guy was yelling ALLAHU AKBAR while shooting our TROOPS and now we have to be PC and call it something else besides what it is "TERROR". I am so tired of the PC game to appease a few.

I totally don't get that. Wasn't this guy corresponding with Anwar Al-Awlaki? The evidence in that case sounds terroristic in nature to me.

tsjct
12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I totally don't get that. Wasn't this guy corresponding with Anwar Al-Awlaki? The evidence in that case sounds terroristic in nature to me.

Exactly!! But to be PC we have to rename it. If we were not so PC maybe just maybe all those lives could have been saved as the Gov't knew this guy was up to something in the months before this horrible shooting went down.

habsheaven
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Exactly!! But to be PC we have to rename it. If we were not so PC maybe just maybe all those lives could have been saved as the Gov't knew this guy was up to something in the months before this horrible shooting went down.

Who said you had to re-name it? I haven't heard anything like that.

tsjct
12-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Who said you had to re-name it? I haven't heard anything like that.

They want to rename it "WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" they being the administration.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
And that is exactly what I see as a problem. I have no issue with diversity. I have an issue with oppressing the masses to please the few. It is only in America that this silliness happens. When is the last time you heard of a Muslim school not saying prayers because an athiest or Jewish kid was offended? When is the last time that a Jewish person was told they have to refer to the menorah as a candlestick holder because non-Jews are offended?

how is leaving out religion all together in public areas the same thing as oppressing the majority religion. it's not like they say no christmas trees but yet they place menorahs every where. it's the fact of leaving all religion out, not ridding christian references in favor of others. there's a huge difference and I don't get why people can't see that. and... if that were the case where they replaced christian symbol with other religions I'd be the first to say that's wrong too.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM

what does this have to do with this post? I'm lost. did someone bring this up earlier in the post?

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 02:16 PM
They want to rename it "WORKPLACE VIOLENCE" they being the administration.

link?

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Not so long ago in america the majority believed that it was ok to discriminate against people because of the color of their skin. Prior to that they also believed it was ok to enslave people and even used the bible to justify it. So what are you trying to suggest. Majority rules all others be damned?

what the crap are you talking about? please show me where i said the majority should be allowed to do whatever they want. And really, slavery? i know that you only posted to inflammatory but come on man. I say it's stupid to cater to the 5% and you come back with slavery?

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
how is leaving out religion all together in public areas the same thing as oppressing the majority religion. it's not like they say no christmas trees but yet they place menorahs every where. it's the fact of leaving all religion out, not ridding christian references in favor of others. there's a huge difference and I don't get why people can't see that. and... if that were the case where they replaced christian symbol with other religions I'd be the first to say that's wrong too.

we are leaving out religion from a religious holiday. No one (i don't think) are commenting about prayer in schools (except perry) or other public places but when you take the religion out of a religious holiday that's ridiculous IMO.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Of cours at a MUSLIM school they are going to say MUSLIM prayers. However public schools are for all regardless of religious prefrence or lack of one for that matter and since the schools are for all one religion should not be held to a higher or lower standard for that matter.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
what the crap are you talking about? please show me where i said the majority should be allowed to do whatever they want. And really, slavery? i know that you only posted to inflammatory but come on man. I say it's stupid to cater to the 5% and you come back with slavery?

You seem to be all for christian rights which I can expect since you are a christian minister but what about people who don't follow christianity? Should their needs be taken into consideration? Or do they not matter to you?

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
You seem to be all for christian rights which I can expect since you are a christian minister but what about people who don't follow christianity? Should their needs be taken into consideration? Or do they not matter to you?

what the crap are you talking about?? are you trying to be as inflammatory as possible? where did i say only christians needs should be taken into consideration. Ever since you found out i am a christian minister you have been using that to make baseless insulting assumptions and it is getting ridiculous.
Please show me where I said only christians needs matter to me. If you can't, please top with you insulting posts and feel free to have an actual comment about what I actually wrote.

tsjct
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM

If you believe or do not believe is up to you. But DO NOT take away what this country was founded upon. I think our money still says IN GOD WE TRUST. If you do not want to call it Christmas call it what you want but let us call it what it is and that is CHRISTMAS. I am so tired of having to bow down to the non believers and believe me we are having to do just that. I know what i believe and where i am going and for the LOST that will be for them to find out.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
If you believe or do not believe is up to you. But DO NOT take away what this country was founded upon. I think our money still says IN GOD WE TRUST. If you do not want to call it Christmas call it what you want but let us call it what it is and that is CHRISTMAS. I am so tired of having to bow down to the non believers and believe me we are having to do just that. I know what i believe and where i am going and for the LOST that will be for them to find out.

Again I don't care what people call it just call it. I don't lose sleep over weather the next man celebrates christmas, hanakauh, ramadan, quanza, or nothing at all and I don't think anyone else should either. Like Duane said people on both sides are making too much of a big stink over nothing. Yes the money does say in god we trust but I really don't believe that the powers that be care weather god's name is mentioned on the money or not.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
what the crap are you talking about?? are you trying to be as inflammatory as possible? where did i say only christians needs should be taken into consideration. Ever since you found out i am a christian minister you have been using that to make baseless insulting assumptions and it is getting ridiculous.
Please show me where I said only christians needs matter to me. If you can't, please top with you insulting posts and feel free to have an actual comment about what I actually wrote.

Right I'm on a personal crusade against christian ministers despite the fact that my brother is one, there was another christian minister that frequented P&R that I had some pleasant conversations with and not to mention that I go to see a christian minister every week. :rolleyes:

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Right I'm on a personal crusade against christian ministers despite the fact that my brother is one, there was another christian minister that frequented P&R that I had some pleasant conversations with and not to mention that I go to see a christian minister every week. :rolleyes:

no, don't think you have a problem with all christian ministers, just me. Reread your last two posts and show me where I said anything that you tried to attribute to me. Instead, rather than address any of my valid points, you have taken us down a trail of nonsense.

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
no, don't think you have a problem with all christian ministers, just me. Reread your last two posts and show me where I said anything that you tried to attribute to me. Instead, rather than address any of my valid points, you have taken us down a trail of nonsense.

I don't have a problem with you and like debating with you. It makes my day at work go by faster.

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't have a problem with you and like debating with you. It makes my day at work go by faster.

then please, instead of derailing an entire thread, respond to what i actually said instead of coming at me with slavery and "you don't care about the needs of non-christians"

mrveggieman
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
then please, instead of derailing an entire thread, respond to what i actually said instead of coming at me with slavery and "you don't care about the needs of non-christians"

I wasn't directing the message at your per se but conservative christians as a whole. A lot of them such as pat robertson and fallwell (if he were alive today) would not have a problem if all religions except for christanity were outlawed and if america returned to its segragated past.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Play nice, boys.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 03:32 PM

Why does religious expression have to be kept in private areas only? It is a snowball effect. Today we can't have Christmas trees or parties in schools because we might offend someone who doesn't do Christmas or isn't Christian (not that Christmas is a Christian holiday since many non-Christians celebrate it). We already have seen religious scriptures removed from state buildings, a movement to ban prayer before Congress and Senate sessions...what next? Arresting people for saying grace before they picnic at a public park? Why is it that the only people who have the right to free expression are the ones who are liberal?

tsjct
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
why does religious expression have to be kept in private areas only? It is a snowball effect. Today we can't have christmas trees or parties in schools because we might offend someone who doesn't do christmas or isn't christian (not that christmas is a christian holiday since many non-christians celebrate it). We already have seen religious scriptures removed from state buildings, a movement to ban prayer before congress and senate sessions...what next? Arresting people for saying grace before they picnic at a public park? Why is it that the only people who have the right to free expression are the ones who are liberal?

amen brother!

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM
not private like behind closed doors. came out wrong. just not in a school where not all people who go to the school would be represented. the funny thing is a lot of people who complain about christian shows being taken out of schools would probably be the first to complain if they happened to include a show for a muslim, jewish, or hindu show.

you're really equating not praying in public schools to being arrested for saying grace at a park? that's a bit sensational don't you think. It's not about what individuals do at a on their own. it's about having organized events where not all people are like minded in their beliefs. If I go to a place and I know they will pray I make a choice to go. if I had to go to a place like a school and they preyed I would not make a scene but would definitely say something about it in the proper channels to stop it.

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
not private like behind closed doors. came out wrong. just not in a school where not all people who go to the school would be represented. the funny thing is a lot of people who complain about christian shows being taken out of schools would probably be the first to complain if they happened to include a show for a muslim, jewish, or hindu show.

you're really equating not praying in public schools to being arrested for saying grace at a park? that's a bit sensational don't you think. It's not about what individuals do at a on their own. it's about having organized events where not all people are like minded in their beliefs. If I go to a place and I know they will pray I make a choice to go. if I had to go to a place like a school and they preyed I would not make a scene but would definitely say something about it in the proper channels to stop it.

let me just ask a question for clarification. if 25 kids in a class celebrate christmas and 1 does not. do you think the class should not have a christmas party?

tsjct
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Gay's in the Military and we HAVE TO ACCEPT that now but god forbid praying at a High School football game. Where is our Country going? Right down the TOILET!!!

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Why does religious expression have to be kept in private areas only? It is a snowball effect. Today we can't have Christmas trees or parties in schools because we might offend someone who doesn't do Christmas or isn't Christian (not that Christmas is a Christian holiday since many non-Christians celebrate it). We already have seen religious scriptures removed from state buildings, a movement to ban prayer before Congress and Senate sessions...what next? Arresting people for saying grace before they picnic at a public park? Why is it that the only people who have the right to free expression are the ones who are liberal?

I've never said conservatives don;t have the right to free expression. I've posted in many threads to give religious people the right to express their religious beliefs... or even non religious beliefs. Just because you have the right to express your religion doesn't mean that schools have to organize shows around one specific religion. same thing goes for praying or anything like that. if a student wants to prey before his lunch he has every right. just because he's not being led by someone or leading an entire room doesn't mean his religious expression is being stifled. It's pretty easy for me to see the difference in the two.

Now if a kid was saying a prayer before his lunch and a teacher came around and stopped him or punished him I'd be the first to say that kid should be able to express his beliefs. If you want to lump all liberals into a group and say they wouldn't stand up for that kids right you'd be wrong. There might be some that do out of biased to their cause or their specific belief but I would not be one of them.

tsjct
12-09-2011, 03:53 PM
let me just ask a question for clarification. if 25 kids in a class celebrate christmas and 1 does not. do you think the class should not have a christmas party?

Of course he does. He is that little percent of the population we are having to bow down to because he knows he can throw a fit and get his way.

habsheaven
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Gay's in the Military and we HAVE TO ACCEPT that now but god forbid praying at a High School football game. Where is our Country going? Right down the TOILET!!!

So much for the first post responding to GBM. I think we found our Perry supporter.:basket:

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM

wow. what does gays being able to be open in the military and not be thrown out have to do with forcing an entire stadium to sit through a specific religious prayer? just because gays can openly serve in the military doesn't mean they are making everyone be gay. I don't see why people don't get the difference. when you actually think about the difference it's pretty easy to see.

FYI... there have been gays in the military since there was a military. Has the country been going down the TOILET ever since they fought in their first wars?

gatorboymike
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM

Because Christmas is not a Christian holiday, there is no problem with it being celebrated in schools, and the whiners who say there is need to be locked in a room with the Christians who are whining about how they can't impose their will on everyone else, like engsberg. Let them duke it out like they really want to. Political correctness is just another religion as far as I'm concerned.

But no, there most definitely should not be religious iconography or demonstrations in government buildings because that violates the establishment clause. Your argument is a pathetic snowball effect fallacy.

And there you go, just like Rick Perry did, equating conservative with Christian and liberal with atheist. And you say there are no Rick Perry supporters on this forum. Give me a break. We all know that if he gets the nomination every single one of you will emphatically vote for him with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever. Don't bother trying to pretend otherwise. By your logic, every single church in the entire country is an object of conservative self-expression, and there are more than 20 of them within a 3-mile radius of my house.

The only "war on religion" here is being fought by religion itself. That is, every religion is at war with every other religion, and in the US, most especially Christianity vs. every other religion. Rick Perry wants that war, and you want it too, and everyone knows it. And all you can do is moan about how Wal-Mart says "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas," and that constitutes a liberal war on Christianity. Give me a break. You should be so ashamed that you spontaneously combust, if Christians were capable of feeling shame about things that they actually should be ashamed of.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Separation of church and state. There is no establishment of religion in this country, period.

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Because Christmas is not a Christian holiday, there is no problem with it being celebrated in schools, and the whiners who say there is need to be locked in a room with the Christians who are whining about how they can't impose their will on everyone else, like engsberg. Let them duke it out like they really want to. Political correctness is just another religion as far as I'm concerned.

But no, there most definitely should not be religious iconography or demonstrations in government buildings because that violates the establishment clause. Your argument is a pathetic snowball effect fallacy.

And there you go, just like Rick Perry did, equating conservative with Christian and liberal with atheist. And you say there are no Rick Perry supporters on this forum. Give me a break. We all know that if he gets the nomination every single one of you will emphatically vote for him with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever. Don't bother trying to pretend otherwise. By your logic, every single church in the entire country is an object of conservative self-expression, and there are more than 20 of them within a 3-mile radius of my house.

The only "war on religion" here is being fought by religion itself. That is, every religion is at war with every other religion, and in the US, most especially Christianity vs. every other religion. Rick Perry wants that war, and you want it too, and everyone knows it. And all you can do is moan about how Wal-Mart says "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas," and that constitutes a liberal war on Christianity. Give me a break. You should be so ashamed that you spontaneously combust, if Christians were capable of feeling shame about things that they actually should be ashamed of.

what is your problem man? you have 3+ years of evidence against me. find me one time, just one, where I said i want to impose my will or the christian will on anyone. i dare you. and if you can't, back off. stop attacking me by making up crap that i never said, thought, or meant.

pghin08
12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Enough with the personal attacks, guys. That ends now.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM

hmm. part of me isn't sure I can answer because I grew up as a kid celebrating christmas so I would want a christmas party and if my work has a christmas party I'm going even though I'm an atheist now. However, that 1 kid may have an issue with it. Honestly a christmas party a public schools means cookies, candy, movies, and not doing school work so I doubt many kids, even not christian, would pass on a party like that. But the issue comes with if that kid feels left out in some way. say his parents are strict and makes him leave or causes a fuss. that kid is going to be ostracized to some degree. I actually ask... why not include his religion to? Maybe expand the other 24 kids' horizons and teach them about this kids holiday tradition if his religion has one. My guess is that once timmy comes home and talks about a muslim holiday to his parents, the school will be get an onslaught of letters and complaints.

I also want to clarify that I think christmas has two different meanings to a typical american. There's the religious, baby jesus christmas and there's the santa, toys, frosty, jungle bells christmas. I know to some there's just one, but to me there are two.

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
GBM brings up a great point. Why is the right labels christian and the left atheist? I'd bet their are way more liberal christians than atheists. There aren't a lot of straight up atheists around from my experience.

ensbergcollector
12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
hmm. part of me isn't sure I can answer because I grew up as a kid celebrating christmas so I would want a christmas party and if my work has a christmas party I'm going even though I'm an atheist now. However, that 1 kid may have an issue with it. Honestly a christmas party a public schools means cookies, candy, movies, and not doing school work so I doubt many kids, even not christian, would pass on a party like that. But the issue comes with if that kid feels left out in some way. say his parents are strict and makes him leave or causes a fuss. that kid is going to be ostracized to some degree. I actually ask... why not include his religion to? Maybe expand the other 24 kids' horizons and teach them about this kids holiday tradition if his religion has one. My guess is that once timmy comes home and talks about a muslim holiday to his parents, the school will be get an onslaught of letters and complaints.

I also want to clarify that I think christmas has two different meanings to a typical american. There's the religious, baby jesus christmas and there's the santa, toys, frosty, jungle bells christmas. I know to some there's just one, but to me there are two.

see, and i'm torn. despite what others will say, i am not one that thinks the majority should be able to bully their way with everything. but the idea that 95% of kids who celebrate christmas can't have a christmas party because 1 kid doesn't celebrate doesn't sit right with me.
I would say the same if the roles were reversed. Take christmas out of it. If 1 kid had an issue with valentine's day, i wouldn't be ok with the class not having a valentine's party.

gatorboymike
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I'll tell you what the problem is, Smiley. It's that it has become an accepted and acceptable social convention for that one kid's parents to sue the school district, and they'll probably win. That's...

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
see, and i'm torn. despite what others will say, i am not one that thinks the majority should be able to bully their way with everything. but the idea that 95% of kids who celebrate christmas can't have a christmas party because 1 kid doesn't celebrate doesn't sit right with me.
I would say the same if the roles were reversed. Take christmas out of it. If 1 kid had an issue with valentine's day, i wouldn't be ok with the class not having a valentine's party.

I definitely don't see this as a black and white issues either when it comes to the commercial christmas that typically are celebrated in schools. I have less problems with those as opposed to a religious nativity type celebration.

hmm. that's a good question. I'm guessing that there is some sort of christian root to st valentines day. pretty sure about that since it's SAINT. However that root really isn't known or celebrated when we talk about valentines day. Man, I'm not sure on this one. I'm sure there are some kids whose parents make them not celebrate. I find that a bit extreme and odd, but still. That would kind of remind me of the footloose parents not wanting their kids to dance. lol

I guess I can see an argument to not cater to that one kid because it's not really a religious issue. I guess then you could say why is it different. :) I'm trying to think but it's pretty hard. Bottom line, don't ever put me on the stand if you want a black and white rule to be carried across all scenarios. lol

I think I'll say that America isn't as typical as it once was and people need to be able to adjust. They need to recognize that the standard christian culture of the norman rockwell paintings isn't the definition of america anymore. They need to see that diversity as something good and not the country going down the toilet. Sure there is bad that comes with change, but the good far outweighs that in my opinion. I get that opinions and religious beliefs are very personal and engrained but people shouldn't be so offended or scared if other people don't have that same belief or opinion. (not saying every christian is scared or offended either)

theonedru
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM

" I see a difference in educating the kids and allowing them to celebrate a national holiday. / Taking that away from them because of some misguided hate for Christianity is just wrong. "

X-mas should not be a celebrated holiday, nor should Easter nor any other faith based religious ideal, by making it so you re forcing ones religious ideals upon another and that regardless of your beliefs is wrong. Esp when what your celebrating is a known lie and actually stolen from another religion, talk about misguided....

Star_Cards
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM

I definitely see a difference with christmas celebration in a school is about parties and gifts. Valid point indeed. Also, it's not really a push because of hate for christianity. If the majority religion was jewish I'd say the same thing. It's not about the actual religion it's about those people expecting people of different beliefs to join in. And I know you can say that you aren't making them join, but those people are at the school.

duane1969
12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
you're really equating not praying in public schools to being arrested for saying grace at a park? that's a bit sensational don't you think..

If 20 years ago someone had said that one day we will have to call it a Holiday tree and Christmas parties will be banned in schools then I am sure that a lot of people would have said that it was sensationalizing the issue. Yet here we are.

Follow my logic. Public parks are owned and maintained by government entities, be they local, state or Federal. Therefore, public expression of a religous act, without censorship by said government entity, could be construed as the government entity condoning the religious act and thus "choosing sides". Then some nutjob files a lawsuit because it is a violation of church and state to allow public displays of religion on public property without giving equal time to other religions.

Just like that, it becomes illegal to pray at your picnic in the park.

A. Then that is his parent's fault. My kids should not have to do without because some other parent wants to keep their kid away from it.

B. Why teach other religions during Christmas? Do we teach about Christianity during Hanukkah or Ramadan? No.

If we are going to call Christmas a religious holiday then the religion that it is based on is the one that should be taught about. Giving equal time to religions that do not celebrate it would be illogical. If we are saying that it isn't a religious holiday, then there is no reason to teach about any religions, which is the way it is done now.

But no, that fact is not convenient for Pope Perry and his innumerable armies of mindless, drooling slaves. So let's just blame Obama. This stuff isn't because businesses and school districts are trying to fend off frivolous lawsuits that could cost them heaps of money, noooooo, it's something Obama initiated from the top down and across the nation because all liberals are atheists and Obama hates Christmas as much as he hates mom and apple pie and all our other Normal Rockwell-esque delusions.

I wouldn't say innumerable...the latest polls do a pretty good job of numerating them. They are somewhere around 4%.

" I see a difference in educating the kids and allowing them to celebrate a national holiday. / Taking that away from them because of some misguided hate for Christianity is just wrong. "

X-mas should not be a celebrated holiday, nor should Easter nor any other faith based religious ideal, by making it so you re forcing ones religious ideals upon another and that regardless of your beliefs is wrong. Esp when what your celebrating is a known lie and actually stolen from another religion, talk about misguided....

The only way Christmas is forcing someone's religious ideals on someone else happens is if the religious aspect is taught. It is not.

gatorboymike
12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
But that's what you want. You want to pretend Christmas is a religious holiday and enforce its supposed religious ideals on everyone else. You crusade for it with a militaristic, raving, frothing zeal which is only ever displayed by religious fanatics.

"Wal-Mart is putting up signs that say 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'? This is the worst outrage in the history of the universe! Well, except for letting gays serve in the military. This is Obama and the atheist liberals waging war against Christianity! We must destroy them! Save us, blessed savior Rick Perry! We are your humble servants in your righteous and godly war against saying 'happy holidays'!"

duwal
12-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Enough with the personal attacks, guys. That ends now.

...until tomorrow or later tonight when this thread gets buried :rolleyes:

gladdyontherise
12-10-2011, 07:12 AM

I actually am a little angry when I'm told "Merry Christmas", because I'm Jewish. Does that make me mentally weak? What if I told everyone "Happy Hanukkah"? How do you think that would go over?

I get most people don't say it to be rude or anything, but still, just say Happy Hollidays and that's it. I work at a retail store and that's what I say, because I don't want to possibly anger a customer which would lose the store potential profits in the future.

gladdyontherise
12-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Of course he does. He is that little percent of the population we are having to bow down to because he knows he can throw a fit and get his way.

Guess i'm a part of that 'little percent'.

However this 'bow down' stuff is silly. I was that kid who was a part of the minority growing up. There would be 1-3 Jewish kids, and 1-3 of other religions, then everyone else was Christians. Why should I be subjected to something I'm not comfortable with to please everyone else when you can still have a party that includes everyone instead and nobody is uncomfortable?

freethrowtommy
12-10-2011, 08:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BHagz.png

ensbergcollector
12-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I actually am a little angry when I'm told "Merry Christmas", because I'm Jewish. Does that make me mentally weak? What if I told everyone "Happy Hanukkah"? How do you think that would go over?

I get most people don't say it to be rude or anything, but still, just say Happy Hollidays and that's it. I work at a retail store and that's what I say, because I don't want to possibly anger a customer which would lose the store potential profits in the future.

as i think everyone knows, i am a christian. i have been told happy (insert religious holiday) pretty much everything and have never once had a moments pause or negative feeling about it.

just curious, how would you feel if stores started labeling menorahs as holiday candles?

gladdyontherise
12-10-2011, 11:01 AM
as i think everyone knows, i am a christian. i have been told happy (insert religious holiday) pretty much everything and have never once had a moments pause or negative feeling about it.

just curious, how would you feel if stores started labeling menorahs as holiday candles?

Do you hear it all the time though? Imagine many people telling you this all the time? Wouldn't you be annoyed at some point?

And for the record, I wouldn't care what people call it. People may call it whatever they'd like to. I mean it really wouldn't make sense though. I don't want people to think I have some issue with a Christmas Tree being called a Christmas tree though. I find it dumb that it'd be called anything different than what it is.

gatorboymike
12-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Calling a Christmas tree a "holiday tree" is about as stupid and pointless as calling Rick Perry a "presidential candidate."

spuds1961
12-10-2011, 11:20 PM
calling a christmas tree a "holiday tree" is about as stupid and pointless as calling rick perry a "presidential candidate."

l.o.l

Ray Rice Collector
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Perry statements clearly show that he is not ready to be President. How can you start a war on all religions except Chistanity. You can not dictate who a person worships and further more a President has to appeal to all cultures, races, and religions. Being able to work within those lines is what makes a good leader after all he would not just be the President of Christains, he would be the President of the United States.

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Perry statements clearly show that he is not ready to be President. How can you start a war on all religions except Chistanity. You can not dictate who a person worships and further more a President has to appeal to all cultures, races, and religions. Being able to work within those lines is what makes a good leader after all he would not just be the President of Christains, he would be the President of the United States.

Church!! :love0030:

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 08:57 AM
I remember back in 2001 a couple of months after the 9/11 tragedy my job had a holiday party. Obviously christmas and hanakauh were included as well as ramadan and kwanza and believe it or not everyone who went had a good time and no body was offended that religions other than their own were included. What were these people thinking???

pghin08
12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
I remember back in 2001 a couple of months after the 9/11 tragedy my job had a holiday party. Obviously christmas and hanakauh were included as well as ramadan and kwanza and believe it or not everyone who went had a good time and no body was offended that religions other than their own were included. What were these people thinking???

They were clearly out of their minds :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
12-12-2011, 09:46 AM
How can you start a war on all religions except Chistanity. You can not dictate who a person worships and further more a President has to appeal to all cultures, races, and religions.

I hope you realize that the above pic posted by freethrowtommy is a joke.

marvelousmarv
12-12-2011, 11:07 AM
oh you already know the claims or lawsuits about them being psychologically traumatized or having mental anguish are coming! anytime someone can spill hot coffee on themselves, sue, and win...pandoras box has been opened...and for the originator of this post to somehow claim that saying you are Christian is not standing up in the face of adversity is either real blind, or brain washed...the attack has been on for quite awhile slowly but surely by diverting peoples values from work to laziness, from family to me, from earning something to a antasy world of entitlement!

freethrowtommy
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Gvic2.jpg

theonedru
12-13-2011, 10:28 PM
What religion you practice in life isn't that important, it's how much you practice peace and love that really matters ~ Themis Eagleson

pspstatus
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
oh you already know the claims or lawsuits about them being psychologically traumatized or having mental anguish are coming! anytime someone can spill hot coffee on themselves, sue, and win...pandoras box has been opened...and for the originator of this post to somehow claim that saying you are Christian is not standing up in the face of adversity is either real blind, or brain washed...the attack has been on for quite awhile slowly but surely by diverting peoples values from work to laziness, from family to me, from earning something to a antasy world of entitlement!

There's no attack on Christianity in this country. What's actually happening is that America has become more diverse with higher populations of people who are not Christian. As there numbers grow so does their desire to be heard and considered in all matters of life in this country including holidays. And that's how it's supposed to be here. So many people forget that this is not and never has been a Christian nation. It's just that for a long time most people in the country happened to be Christian. Other groups are catching up and want to be represented too.

Also I'm fairly sure the values of working hard to earn a living and caring about your family aren't mutually exclusive to Christianity. So even if those values are being attacked it's not necessarily an assault on Christianity.

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
There's no attack on Christianity in this country. What's actually happening is that America has become more diverse with higher populations of people who are not Christian. As there numbers grow so does their desire to be heard and considered in all matters of life in this country including holidays. And that's how it's supposed to be here. So many people forget that this is not and never has been a Christian nation. It's just that for a long time most people in the country happened to be Christian. Other groups are catching up and want to be represented too.

Also I'm fairly sure the values of working hard to earn a living and caring about your family aren't mutually exclusive to Christianity. So even if those values are being attacked it's not necessarily an assault on Christianity.

Name me one positive christian character on tv.

gatorboymike
12-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Hiddly-ho, neighborino.

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
what religion you practice in life isn't that important, it's how much you practice peace and love that really matters ~ themis eagleson

+1

pspstatus
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Name me one positive christian character on tv.

Hank Hill. Why is that relevant?

gatorboymike
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Now you've got me imagining him saying "Ah sell Jesus and Jesus accessories."