PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Woman convicted of religious sourcery executed

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/saudi-arabia-woman-sorcery-executed_n_1142942.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi authorities have executed a woman convicted of practicing magic and sorcery.
The Saudi Interior Ministry says in a statement the execution took place Monday, but gave no details on the woman's crime.
The London-based al-Hayat daily, however, quoted Abdullah al-Mohsen, chief of the religious police who arrested the woman, as saying she had tricked people into thinking she could treat illnesses, charging them $800 per session.
The paper said a female investigator followed up, and the woman was arrested in April, 2009, and later convicted in a Saudi court.
It did not give the woman's name, but said she was in her 60s.

Check out where they have a cheif of religious police. Now before you go on your anti islam crusade keep in mind that a lot of conservative christians would love to revoke the 1st amendment, outlaw all religions except for christanity and have their own cheif of religious police.

AUTaxMan
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Now before you go on your anti islam crusade keep in mind that a lot of conservative christians would love to revoke the 1st amendment, outlaw all religions except for christanity and have their own cheif or religious police.

I am tired of this nonsense. This is total garbage. You cannot support this claim, though you make it all the time. Sure, somewhere, someone who is a Christian probably believes this, but in and of itself without some serious supporting material, this is a completely baseless claim.

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I am tired of this nonsense. This is total garbage. You cannot support this claim, though you make it all the time. Sure, somewhere, someone who is a Christian probably believes this, but in and of itself without some serious supporting material, this is a completely baseless claim.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/10/florida-pricinpal-first-amendment-only-for-christians.html

AUTaxMan
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.towleroad.com/2011/10/florida-pricinpal-first-amendment-only-for-christians.html

OK, that's 1. He speaks for all Christians.

This is from your article:

"The newsletter has caused some concern in Florida, even among Davis's fellow Christians. According to the Florida Times Union:

Pastor Ron Baker of Russell Baptist Church in Green Cove Springs, who conducts the prayer sessions at Clay Hill and three other Clay County schools, said he doesn’t agree with the quoted passage Davis included in the memo."

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
OK, that's 1. He speaks for all Christians.

This is from your article:

"The newsletter has caused some concern in Florida, even among Davis's fellow Christians. According to the Florida Times Union:

Pastor Ron Baker of Russell Baptist Church in Green Cove Springs, who conducts the prayer sessions at Clay Hill and three other Clay County schools, said he doesn’t agree with the quoted passage Davis included in the memo."

So how is it wrong to judge all christians by this guy but ok to judge all muslims by the actions of some fanatic who kills innocent people?

AUTaxMan
12-12-2011, 11:30 AM
So how is it wrong to judge all christians by this guy but ok to judge all muslims by the actions of some fanatic who kills innocent people?

You can't be serious. I am not judging all muslims by this guy's actions. Their widely-accepted religious practices among the muslim community speak for themselves.

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM
You can't be serious. I am not judging all muslims by this guy's actions. Their widely-accepted religious practices among the muslim community speak for themselves.

Could you please enlighten me and the rest of the forum on what widely accepted religious practices that you are referring to?

duane1969
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Are we supposed to care? This is in another country and another government. We need to worry about our own problems, right?

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Are we supposed to care? This is in another country and another government. We need to worry about our own problems, right?

It is their problem but I was trying to make the correlation that the same thing could happen in america if the religious "right" has their way.

duane1969
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
It is their problem but I was trying to make the correlation that the same thing could happen in america if the religious "right" has their way.

I think there are those on the extreme right that would desire this, but not the religious right as a whole.

ensbergcollector
12-12-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/saudi-arabia-woman-sorcery-executed_n_1142942.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi authorities have executed a woman convicted of practicing magic and sorcery.
The Saudi Interior Ministry says in a statement the execution took place Monday, but gave no details on the woman's crime.
The London-based al-Hayat daily, however, quoted Abdullah al-Mohsen, chief of the religious police who arrested the woman, as saying she had tricked people into thinking she could treat illnesses, charging them $800 per session.
The paper said a female investigator followed up, and the woman was arrested in April, 2009, and later convicted in a Saudi court.
It did not give the woman's name, but said she was in her 60s.

Check out where they have a cheif of religious police. Now before you go on your anti islam crusade keep in mind that a lot of conservative christians would love to revoke the 1st amendment, outlaw all religions except for christanity and have their own cheif of religious police.

so we have a woman executed by a country but we can't talk about it in relation to religion because there might be some christian in his garage writing manifestos that wants the same thing? Dude, there are entire countries that practice religious persecution. you cannot claim that we aren't allowed to see it as a big deal because it is just a few religious nutjobs. So let me get this straight. There are 50+ COUNTRIES that openly persecute and prosecute people of christian faith and any faith besides islam. Let me guess, all 50 countries happened to be led by the 1 person who has extreme views and therefore is no different than a few christians in this country who have no power?

better yet, answer me this. why did you post this? was it just to knock christianity again? seeing as how you post it but make sure to tell us that we aren't allowed to discuss it as a religious issue.

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
so we have a woman executed by a country but we can't talk about it in relation to religion because there might be some christian in his garage writing manifestos that wants the same thing? Dude, there are entire countries that practice religious persecution. you cannot claim that we aren't allowed to see it as a big deal because it is just a few religious nutjobs. So let me get this straight. There are 50+ COUNTRIES that openly persecute and prosecute people of christian faith and any faith besides islam. Let me guess, all 50 countries happened to be led by the 1 person who has extreme views and therefore is no different than a few christians in this country who have no power?

better yet, answer me this. why did you post this? was it just to knock christianity again? seeing as how you post it but make sure to tell us that we aren't allowed to discuss it as a religious issue.

I posted it for discussions sake. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion. I'm actually surprised by the negative reaction that I'm getting. I thought that people would be happy to see that I posted an article that dosen't paint islam in a positive light but I guess that people don't want to be compared to other religious extremists even though their are extremists in all religions including theirs. SMH.

ensbergcollector
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I posted it for discussions sake. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion. I'm actually surprised by the negative reaction that I'm getting. I thought that people would be happy to see that I posted an article that dosen't paint islam in a positive light but I guess that people don't want to be compared to other religious extremists even though their are extremists in all religions including theirs. SMH.

what if i posted an article about christians lynching and killing someone for being muslim and then said, "but don't bother talking about christianity because muslims have extremists too." You manage to post an article about islamic law killing a woman and still slam christianity. If we can't discuss it in regards to religion, what would you have us do?

also, as is our usual back and forth, care to comment on anything i actually wrote?

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
what if i posted an article about christians lynching and killing someone for being muslim and then said, "but don't bother talking about christianity because muslims have extremists too." You manage to post an article about islamic law killing a woman and still slam christianity. If we can't discuss it in regards to religion, what would you have us do?

also, as is our usual back and forth, care to comment on anything i actually wrote?

I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from stating their opinion. I know that there were plenty of people who wanted to jump on the anti-islamic bandwagon and spew their hate. I however was cautioning people that before they try to air someone else's dirty laundry make sure that they have their own affairs in order. If someone wants to post anti islamic comments please feel free but do not get mad when we respond back to them. Again this article has nothing to do with me or you so feel free to discuss what's in it and I will respond back.

Thanks.

ensbergcollector
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from stating their opinion. I know that there were plenty of people who wanted to jump on the anti-islamic bandwagon and spew their hate. I however was cautioning people that before they try to air someone else's dirty laundry make sure that they have their own affairs in order. If someone wants to post anti islamic comments please feel free but do not get mad when we respond back to them. Again this article has nothing to do with me or you so feel free to discuss what's in it and I will respond back.

Thanks.

not even going to bother. you see no difference in 50+ countries having laws against christianity and some christians who have no power who would probably want the same kind of laws if they had power.

people bash christianity here all the time and half the time you join in. but if someone makes a factual comment about islam they are bashing people. Show me a christian led country that has laws that justify the arresting and killing of people that don't agree with them. Yes, christians around the world do horrible things. but to try and pretend that 50+ countries are no different than random christians with no power is ridiculous and obscenely bias.

mrveggieman
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
not even going to bother. you see no difference in 50+ countries having laws against christianity and some christians who have no power who would probably want the same kind of laws if they had power.

people bash christianity here all the time and half the time you join in. but if someone makes a factual comment about islam they are bashing people. Show me a christian led country that has laws that justify the arresting and killing of people that don't agree with them. Yes, christians around the world do horrible things. but to try and pretend that 50+ countries are no different than random christians with no power is ridiculous and obscenely bias.

I thought what they did in saudi was real petty and stupid. I also pointed out how they have a cheif of religious police which was way over the top. People should be free to worship anyway they chose or do not worship at all if they chose not to. It is not the gov't, church or mosque's call what the correct religion is nor should they be allowed to play God and kill someone because he/she followed what was believed to be the wrong religion. Again I am against religious extremism regardless of who the agressor is and who the victim is.

Star_Cards
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
chalk up another win for religion. that's sarcasm.

gatorboymike
12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6c/Troymcclure.png/200px-Troymcclure.png

"Hi, I'm Troy McSaudiArabia. You might remember me from such religious atrocities as Executing Women for Sorcery or 15 of the 19 9/11 Hijackers!"

theonedru
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6c/Troymcclure.png/200px-Troymcclure.png

"Hi, I'm Troy McSaudiArabia. You might remember me from such religious atrocities as Executing Women for Sorcery or 15 of the 19 9/11 Hijackers!"

Seriously? Wow, another low in the P&R forum.

AUTaxMan
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM

I actually thought it was one of his better contributions.

gatorboymike
12-13-2011, 03:32 AM
I think the lowest P&R has ever gotten was "Jesus is interfering in NFL football games on Tim Tebow's behalf."

Star_Cards
12-13-2011, 02:50 PM

I thought it was funny and also rather factual.