PDA

View Full Version : Dem lawmaker blasts ‘Professor Obama’ as arrogant, alienating

mikesilvia
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/cardozas-corner/198861-the-professorial-president

Vast, right-wing conspiracy? :rolleyes:

tsjct
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM
He had the house and Senate For the first 2 years but decided to play GOLF. I think the article is right on. Obama is as bad as it gets for the Dems

freethrowtommy
12-13-2011, 09:39 PM
He had the house and Senate For the first 2 years but decided to play GOLF. I think the article is right on. Obama is as bad as it gets for the Dems

Look, I don't like Obama all that much, but where do you get your information from? "Decided to play GOLF"? Really?

AUTaxMan
12-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Look, I don't like Obama all that much, but where do you get your information from? "Decided to play GOLF"? Really?

His time spent golfing and vacationing is well-documented.

tsjct
12-14-2011, 06:47 AM

I am beginning to think you know very little about Obama and maybe that is why you defend him so much. You need to do some research on the man in office and you may understand a lot more.

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 08:11 AM

Ok I get it. Every other president, politician, gov't employee not named Obama is entitled to a few days off to relax. However President Obama must work 24/7 365. If he as so much takes a minute off from work he's the worst president of all time. I got ya. Thanks for clearing that one up for the forum. :rolleyes:

duane1969
12-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Ok I get it. Every other president, politician, gov't employee not named Obama is entitled to a few days off to relax. However President Obama must work 24/7 365. If he as so much takes a minute off from work he's the worst president of all time. I got ya. Thanks for clearing that one up for the forum. :rolleyes:

Bush recieved the same criticism when he took time off to go to his ranch in Texas. If Obama is going to make the same mistakes as previous president's and be excused for it because the presidents before him did it then he is going to take the same heat for it too.

pghin08
12-14-2011, 10:09 AM
In regards to Mr. O's vacation time:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/17/eveningnews/main20093801.shtml

The article is eye-opening though! Interesting to hear how someone on the inside feels.

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
In regards to Mr. O's vacation time:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/17/eveningnews/main20093801.shtml

The article is eye-opening though! Interesting to hear how someone on the inside feels.

i think part of the issue is that 1, we have no idea how much of their vacation is actually getting away. 2, in bush's case, the overwhelming percentage of the time he was at his ranch, his staff was with him so it was more of a "keep working but in a new location" situation.

pghin08
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
i think part of the issue is that 1, we have no idea how much of their vacation is actually getting away. 2, in bush's case, the overwhelming percentage of the time he was at his ranch, his staff was with him so it was more of a "keep working but in a new location" situation.

We should be real here though. With today's technology, the POTUS is NEVER really on vacation.

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 10:38 AM
We should be real here though. With today's technology, the POTUS is NEVER really on vacation.

definitely

duane1969
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM

I agree. Technically the POTUS can never truly be on vacation.

Star_Cards
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
I like this last statement of the article. "To be fair, a presidential vacation away from the White House is not the same as a vacation for the average person. The president is still in contact with his advisers and on call for any emergency."

In this day and age people can work from lots of different places. I tend to agree that no matter where a president is or if he's on a vacation or not, he's still more than likely working quite often.