PDA

View Full Version : Attn General takes aim at states voting restrictions

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Good for him. A certian political party will stop at nothing to hinder otherwise elgible voters from voting. SMH.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-holder-voting-rights-20111214,0,4981922.story

duane1969
12-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree with your position but what you are talking about and what is actually going on is two different things. Requiring state ID, restrictions on voter registration groups and reducing the number of days for early voting are all attempts to reduce voter fraud. Most of this is fallout from ACORN and similar groups who blatantly committed voter fraud.

I have no desire to restrict a person's right to vote but I also have no desire to allow groups like ACORN to blatantly disrupt the democratic process and potentially put a person in office based on vote fraud.

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree with your position but what you are talking about and what is actually going on is two different things. Requiring state ID, restrictions on voter registration groups and reducing the number of days for early voting are all attempts to reduce voter fraud. Most of this is fallout from ACORN and similar groups who blatantly committed voter fraud.

I have no desire to restrict a person's right to vote but I also have no desire to allow groups like ACORN to blatantly disrupt the democratic process and potentially put a person in office based on vote fraud.

Do you have any links to proven cases of ACORN voter fraud?

AUTaxMan
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM

A quick google search by you would do the trick.

duane1969
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
ACORN members have been getting charged with voter fraud dating all the way back to 1986. <br />
<br />
http://rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html <br />
<br />
<br />

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
A quick google search by you would do the trick.

You can find anything thing on google but if you are going to make claim someone is commiting voter fraud proof of such would be much appreciated at the time of the claim. :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
oh man, those evil republicans making people prove who they are before they vote. arrgghh!!

pghin08
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I think that Mr. Attorney General shouldn't worry about this stuff right now, as he should probably be considering stepping down.

duane1969
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I think that Mr. Attorney General shouldn't worry about this stuff right now, as he should probably be considering stepping down.

He is trying to distract the public. It is the "Shiny Object" tactic. If he can get the media talking about his efforts to "fix" voter issues then they will not have time to talk about his involvement in the Fast and Furious scandal.

pghin08
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM
He is trying to distract the public. It is the "Shiny Object" tactic. If he can get the media talking about his efforts to "fix" voter issues then they will not have time to talk about his involvement in the Fast and Furious scandal.

consider me un-distracted.

duane1969
12-14-2011, 11:53 AM
consider me un-distracted.

For every person like you there will be 20 who lose focus.

AUTaxMan
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM
You can find anything thing on google but if you are going to make claim someone is commiting voter fraud proof of such would be much appreciated at the time of the claim. :winking0071:

Your expecting documented proof of what is common knowledge is just another way of deflecting the issue. It's like asking for proof that the sky is blue or that today is Wednesday.

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Your expecting documented proof of what is common knowledge is just another way of deflecting the issue. It's like asking for proof that the sky is blue or that today is Wednesday.

So just like in the bible discussion you are unable to provide proof this time around either. I got ya. :winking0071:

duane1969
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
So just like in the bible discussion you are unable to provide proof this time around either. I got ya. :winking0071:

I provided proof.

texansrangerfan73
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I'll gladly & proudly prove who I am as I stand in line to vote. U.S. citizen born, bred & educated. Non-felon, tax-paying documented (SSN) United States of America citizen!!

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll gladly & proudly prove who I am as I stand in line to vote. U.S. citizen born, bred & educated. Non-felon, tax-paying documented (SSN) United States of America citizen!!

If it were all about stopping voter fraud I would be all for IDs at the booth. However all of us on here weather we care to admit it or not know what this is all about. If republicans are so interested in stopping voter fraud why didn't they do anything back in 2000 and 2004 when there were complaints of voter fraud in GWB's favor?

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
If it were all about stopping voter fraud I would be all for IDs at the booth. However all of us on here weather we care to admit it or not know what this is all about. If republicans are so interested in stopping voter fraud why didn't they do anything back in 2000 and 2004 when there were complaints of voter fraud in GWB's favor?

ok, did gwb beat you up or something? you are unable to discuss politics without slamming bush. you were given multiple examples of voter fraud by acorn. also, if you don't know about acorns track record you either didn't start paying attention to politics or, like I assume, you only care if the "right" does something wrong.

mrveggieman
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
ok, did gwb beat you up or something? you are unable to discuss politics without slamming bush. you were given multiple examples of voter fraud by acorn. also, if you don't know about acorns track record you either didn't start paying attention to politics or, like I assume, you only care if the "right" does something wrong.

Bush's actions "beat up" our entire country for 8 years. Or do you not care because you are only concerned if the "left" or "liberals" did something wrong?

ensbergcollector
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Bush's actions "beat up" our entire country for 8 years. Or do you not care because you are only concerned if the "left" or "liberals" did something wrong?

you really can't respond to anything can you? we are almost 2 pages into this thread and while you have managed to knock bush in multiple posts, you still haven't, despite proof, been willing to speak out against acorn.

duane1969
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM

The only person on here ignoring the truth is you. You insist on going on a tangent about Bush and ignoring the proof (that you repeatedly asked for).

Let's be clear. You are going to bring up complaints about voter fraud on GWB's behalf, none of which have been proven.

I provide factual data that ACORN has a history of voter fraud, ACORN members have been indicted and convicted of voter fraud, ACORN members have admitted to voter fraud, ACORN members have admitted that they were coached to try and influence the vote...and your response is to bring up GWB accusations.

Keep sticking your head in the sand, you are only fooling yourself.

INTIMADATOR2007
12-14-2011, 09:22 PM
You should REALLY find a new source of info if you don't understand what Acorn is really about . Those places you shop for news are very bad ...lol

freethrowtommy
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
You might want to check your sources. <br />
<br />
The Rotten Acorn website is run by Employment Policies Institute. Who are they, you ask? <br />
They have run attacks on Acorn in the past. You can read the...

OnePimpTiger
12-14-2011, 11:20 PM
:smash::smash: <br />
<br />
Ok, try these: <br />
<br />
Wall Street Journal <br />
Las Vegas Sun <br />
NY Times <br />
Washington Times <br />
CBS News

pghin08
12-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Voter fraud is committed by people/groups on both sides. Can we all agree that corruption is part of both parties and not just relegated to the one that you don't agree with? <br />
<br />
Edit: OPT, this...

INTIMADATOR2007
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Want to learn how to cheat taxes and run a brothel with underage girls from a foreign country ? ask Acorn for tips !
http://tv.breitbart.com/shock-undercover-video-shows-acorn-workers-advising-pimp-prostitute-to-avoid-law/

Obama to Acorn "you got a friend in me "

http://youtu.be/LP4UdSRlujk

duane1969
12-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Facts are facts. They are not making up stories. These instances are documentable through numerous other sources. I just don't have the time to run around gathering undeniable proof for people who...

duane1969
12-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Voter fraud is committed by people/groups on both sides. Can we all agree that corruption is part of both parties and not just relegated to the one that you don't agree with?

Edit: OPT, this isn't directed towards just you, rather everyone in this thread.

I can agree with that. The problem is that the OP has implied that Holder is trying to eliminate these restrictions because they are aimed at stopping people from voting when most of these restrictions came to be around the time that the ACORN debacle came to light. So implying that this is some conservative conspiracy to stop minorities and lower income people from voting is entirely off-base especially considering the primary reason that these restrictions came to be.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Voter fraud is committed by people/groups on both sides. Can we all agree that corruption is part of both parties and not just relegated to the one that you don't agree with?

Edit: OPT, this isn't directed towards just you, rather everyone in this thread.

Church!! :love0030:

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Church!! :love0030:

that is your political mantra. every time something is pointed out, the extent of your political expertise is to say "yeah so, bush did it too" "yeah well, everyone does it" etc. you still have been unable to comment on the overwhelming proof of acorn. all you can say is "what about bush"

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 11:38 AM
that is your political mantra. every time something is pointed out, the extent of your political expertise is to say "yeah so, bush did it too" "yeah well, everyone does it" etc. you still have been unable to comment on the overwhelming proof of acorn. all you can say is "what about bush"

I never claimed to be a political or religious expert for that matter I only give my opinions. I agree with the writer who said that voter fraud occurs on both sides and I am glad that the attorney general is doing something about it. It seems real convient that the side that benefited from the voter fraud turned a blind eye to it when it helped them out then when the tables were turned they want to cry bloody murder. SMH.

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
I never claimed to be a political or religious expert for that matter I only give my opinions. I agree with the writer who said that voter fraud occurs on both sides and I am glad that the attorney general is doing something about it. It seems real convient that the side that benefited from the voter fraud turned a blind eye to it when it helped them out then when the tables were turned they want to cry bloody murder. SMH.

how about this. every time an election is close, the losing side cries fraud. the democrats cried fraud when bush won even though the supreme court of the united states declared the vote free, clear and over.

you want to compare accused voter fraud with proven and convicted voter fraud. and what is worse is that you are more upset that the republicans "may" have committed fraud then that the democrats have been proven to have committed fraud. You are the worst example of a bias individual. The person who claims they are neutral and open-minded while being obscenely close minded about everything. Sad thing is, i think you have bought into your own lie that you are unbiased.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 12:23 PM
how about this. every time an election is close, the losing side cries fraud. the democrats cried fraud when bush won even though the supreme court of the united states declared the vote free, clear and over.

you want to compare accused voter fraud with proven and convicted voter fraud. and what is worse is that you are more upset that the republicans "may" have committed fraud then that the democrats have been proven to have committed fraud. You are the worst example of a bias individual. The person who claims they are neutral and open-minded while being obscenely close minded about everything. Sad thing is, i think you have bought into your own lie that you are unbiased.

Right so we can conviently disregard how the last presidential election was won by a landslide so the losing party knows they have no basis to claim fraud so they only thing they can think of is to make up outlandish stories about how the president was not born in the united states. And which one of us is the biased one again?

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Right so we can conviently disregard how the last presidential election was won by a landslide so the losing party knows they have no basis to claim fraud so they only thing they can think of is to make up outlandish stories about how the president was not born in the united states. And which one of us is the biased one again?

i was never on the birther band wagon so not sure how you can claim i am bias. difference in me and you is you try and attribute to me every negative thing a christian has ever said or a republican has ever said. I label you based 100% on your posts and your comments.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
i was never on the birther band wagon so not sure how you can claim i am bias. difference in me and you is you try and attribute to me every negative thing a christian has ever said or a republican has ever said. I label you based 100% on your posts and your comments.

No I call an extremist an extremist. Despite what some of the more conservative people want to believe President Obama is a christian. Do I blame him for all of the evil and bigotry that fallwell and the westboro baptist church puts out there? Absolutely not. Bin Laden was a muslim. Believe it or not I was disapointed that he was only shot and killed because I wanted him to be captured and bought over her so he could be publically tortured, humilated and executed in public for the whole world to see. I don't care what religion you or anyone else follows if you do the right thing by your fellow man you will get my undying support and respect. However if you hijack your religion to spread hatred and division you gets no love from me.

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
No I call an extremist an extremist. Despite what some of the more conservative people want to believe President Obama is a christian. Do I blame him for all of the evil and bigotry that fallwell and the westboro baptist church puts out there? Absolutely not. Bin Laden was a muslim. Believe it or not I was disapointed that he was only shot and killed because I wanted him to be captured and bought over her so he could be publically tortured, humilated and executed in public for the whole world to see. I don't care what religion you or anyone else follows if you do the right thing by your fellow man you will get my undying support and respect. However if you hijack your religion to spread hatred and division you gets no love from me.

and yet, even in a thread about 3 year olds being taught hatred and violence in the name of the muslim faith, you can't even speak out against it. Instead you defend islam and attack christianity. that is what i mean by you are over the top bias and yet you actually believe that you aren't.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
and yet, even in a thread about 3 year olds being taught hatred and violence in the name of the muslim faith, you can't even speak out against it. Instead you defend islam and attack christianity. that is what i mean by you are over the top bias and yet you actually believe that you aren't.

Blaming islam for what the little girl said in the video is akin to blaming christanity for when some kid who is being abused at home kills his family. It's the parents fault nothing more nothing less.

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Blaming islam for what the little girl said in the video is akin to blaming christanity for when some kid who is being abused at home kills his family. It's the parents fault nothing more nothing less.

i agree and yet you find a way to slam christianity in a thread that should have had nothing to do with it.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
i agree and yet you find a way to slam christianity in a thread that should have had nothing to do with it.

I don't post to slam any particular religion. I only have a problem with extremists who attempt to hijack their chosen religion for their own sinister agenda. Also this particular thread has nothing to do with christanity per se I was simply calling out the republicans for the illegal voter supression tactics.

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't post to slam any particular religion. I only have a problem with extremists who attempt to hijack their chosen religion for their own sinister agenda. Also this particular thread has nothing to do with christanity per se I was simply calling out the republicans for the illegal voter supression tactics.

here's the problem. we can have multiple threads going all at once that are slamming and mocking christianity.

yet, you post a thread about islam and in your opening post you say things like here's something for all your muslim haters or lets not let this turn into a muslim bashing thread.

if something is brought up about islam you want to make sure everyone knows that we can't judge the masses by the few and yet you see no problem with the same going on if christians are the ones being bashed.

mrveggieman
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
here's the problem. we can have multiple threads going all at once that are slamming and mocking christianity.

yet, you post a thread about islam and in your opening post you say things like here's something for all your muslim haters or lets not let this turn into a muslim bashing thread.

if something is brought up about islam you want to make sure everyone knows that we can't judge the masses by the few and yet you see no problem with the same going on if christians are the ones being bashed.

Again if anyone on here feels the need to slam islam, judiasm, christanity, devil worship or any other religion feel free. However we do have the right to respond back to any outlandish and unprovable statements made on here. I was simply saying puting the articles out there. I also felt the need to put a disclaimer on here to some of our more gun ho christians on here to be cautious about trying to air someone elses dirty laundry when you have plenty of your own. Some people really enjoy bashing other people's religion because it makes them feel better about their own. When I made the muslim haters comment I was telling it like it is. There are people out there that hate islam. Not because any muslims did anything to them but because that is what they were taught to do. As for me I'm trying to get right by God so I don't got time to hate muslims, christians or anyone else for that matter.

ensbergcollector
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Again if anyone on here feels the need to slam islam, judiasm, christanity, devil worship or any other religion feel free. However we do have the right to respond back to any outlandish and unprovable statements made on here. I was simply saying puting the articles out there. I also felt the need to put a disclaimer on here to some of our more gun ho christians on here to be cautious about trying to air someone elses dirty laundry when you have plenty of your own. Some people really enjoy bashing other people's religion because it makes them feel better about their own. When I made the muslim haters comment I was telling it like it is. There are people out there that hate islam. Not because any muslims did anything to them but because that is what they were taught to do. As for me I'm trying to get right by God so I don't got time to hate muslims, christians or anyone else for that matter.

smh

duane1969
12-15-2011, 01:14 PM
This thread is off-topic. Get back on topic. Take the pro-Islam/anti-Christian debate back to the thread where that was the intended purpose.