PDA

View Full Version : Poll shows for the first time that the majority says Obama's got to go

pwaldo
12-16-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70546.html

For the first time, a majority of Americans say President Barack Obama should be voted out of the White House next year, despite a small increase in the number of people who say the country’s economic outlook is improving, a new poll shows.

Fifty-two percent of those surveyed said the president should not get a second term in office — 43 percent said he should be reelected, according to The Associated Press-GfK poll.

In May, 53 percent had said they were rooting for four more years of Obama, while 43 percent said they were opposed to his reelection.

Still, Obama has a slight lead in a match up against Mitt Romney, with 47 percent saying they would support the president over the former Massachusetts governor. Against Newt Gingrich, Obama has significant lead — 51 percent said they would vote for Obama compared to 42 percent who said they would choose the former House speaker.

tsjct
12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I just bought a ton of Gold and Silver yesterday since the price was down. I just hope OBAMA gets reelected now so it will go sky high in the next 4 years. I am now Voting for OBAMA. RUN obama Run

INTIMADATOR2007
12-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I agree with the poll , We can't afford 4 more years ,the man has to go !

Theodor Madison
12-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I also agree with the poll, very discouraged with the debt we owe. Not much hope till O is OUT

gladdyontherise
12-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Not a fan of Obama, but I will not vote for someone else unless I think they can do a better job. Change for the sake of change wouldn't do us any good.

maniac133
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Not a fan of Obama, but I will not vote for someone else unless I think they can do a better job. Change for the sake of change wouldn't do us any good.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think that there is a candidate on the Republican side right now who could do a better job. Therefore, Obama has my vote until it is proven otherwise.

pwaldo
12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
You guys do know that you can vote for a non Republican or non Democrat candidate? If you just vote for somebody that doesn't deserve it then they have no incentive to do a good job. They just have to be better than the other guy.

It is amazing to me how so many people will go out on election day and waste their time voting for a person they don't like or don't think is doing a good job. The Republican/Democrat scam really does work. They not only kick people in the junk but they get them coming back for more while they support the kicking with approval.

duane1969
12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
This is interesting. I saw an article about 2 weeks ago that sort of goes along with this one. It showed how every 1-term president entered the final year of his presidency with a job approval rating below 50%, with exception to George H.W. Bush who was right at 50%.

Theodor Madison
12-17-2011, 05:33 PM
We can not do any worse than Obama. I hope we can get a grip on this economy, and not become slaves to those we are in debt to. No one is free till you pay what you owe.

pwaldo
12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
We can not do any worse than Obama. I hope we can get a grip on this economy, and not become slaves to those we are in debt to. No one is free till you pay what you owe.

I think the country can do worse than Obama but Obama has some stuff going along with him that others do not have.

He is going for a second term. During a second term he can do whatever he wants (maybe what he really wants) and there is no worrying about what that will do to his re-election chances. Some people may see that as a plus but most people will see that as a minus.

Does the House and Senate go all Democrat? If they do then it will be like 2008-2010 when Democrats could do whatever they want without anybody stopping them. This once again is mostly see as a bad thing though some people may find that okay. It could also swing towards Republican control as well.

He has already picked 2 people on the Supreme Court and whoever wins the next election will probably be able to pick at least another 2. I don't like one person having that much say in the Supreme Court and seeing as how most people don't have a favorable approval rating of Obama they probably wouldn't either.

I think the issue is when does this country stop settling for garbage for Presidents? If Hilliary Clinton ran right now she would beat Obama easily and any Republican candidate but she is kept out by the "powers that be". Those same people kept out any decent 3rd party candidate in 2008 in the Obama vs McCain match up because nobody wanted to the be the person that "cost Obama the election". If somebody is good enough to be President they should be able to beat all challengers. They should be daring more to run because they are doing such a good job that they would be able to beat any up to the challenge. Instead we basically limit it to the least amount of choices for President because both parties want a 50% chance at winning.

Neither party cares about you they just care about controlling you into brain washing you into thinking that voting for somebody you don't like is a good idea. If there was a "all the candidates suck option" in the polling booth it would win in a landslide.

MadMan1978
12-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Respectfully I disagree....the status quo (DNC and RNC) parties kept any 3rd party candidate from being elected...