PDA

View Full Version : christians issue death threats over twitter tag

mrveggieman
12-20-2011, 12:51 PM
SMH

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-national/christians-issue-death-threats-over-twitter-hash-tag

ffman
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Who says those persons are "Christians"?

For an opposite perspective, check out this:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/16/my-take-an-evangelical-remembers-his-friend-hitchens/?iref=allsearch

Hitchens and an evangelist who were friends, through both his life and his sickness.

pghin08
12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Don't care if you're Christian or not. If you're handing out death threats because you disagree with someone, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.

mrveggieman
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Who says those persons are "Christians"?

For an opposite perspective, check out this:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/16/my-take-an-evangelical-remembers-his-friend-hitchens/?iref=allsearch

Hitchens and an evangelist who were friends, through both his life and his sickness.

+1

That's a great story. It does indeed show that it is possible for people to get along despite their differences in opinion on religion.

mrveggieman
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Don't care if you're Christian or not. If you're handing out death threats because you disagree with someone, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.

CHURCH!! :love0030:

duane1969
12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah I see nothing that supports a claim that it was Christians making the threats. Could just as easily be those evil athiest trying to make Christians look bad. :smokin:

mrveggieman
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah I see nothing that supports a claim that it was Christians making the threats. Could just as easily be those evil athiest trying to make Christians look bad. :smokin:

Or better yet those God awful muslims. :sign0020:

gatorboymike
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Well, when you believe you are so awesome and important and special that you deserve an eternity of bliss just for being you, and that 99.9% of all people who have ever lived or will ever live deserve an eternity of torture just for not being you, and that you are not responsible for your actions, and that you have the right, privilege and duty to treat everyone else like garbage, of course you will make death threats.

From what Christians have written about Hitchens' death on the internet that I've seen, it basically breaks down like this:

60% - "He's in hell right now, and I'm happy about that, and I hope he suffers horribly."
39% - "He's in hell right now, and that's very sad."
1% - "Come on, you guys, stop being so mean!"

Oh yeah, feel that "Christian Love™."

ffman
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Well, when you believe you are so awesome and important and special that you deserve an eternity of bliss just for being you, and that 99.9% of all people who have ever lived or will ever live deserve an eternity of torture just for not being you, and that you are not responsible for your actions, and that you have the right, privilege and duty to treat everyone else like garbage, of course you will make death threats.

From what Christians have written about Hitchens' death on the internet that I've seen, it basically breaks down like this:

60% - "He's in hell right now, and I'm happy about that, and I hope he suffers horribly."
39% - "He's in hell right now, and that's very sad."
1% - "Come on, you guys, stop being so mean!"

Oh yeah, feel that "Christian Love™."

The other side can act the same way. Atheists accuse Christians of being overly judgmental, while they themselves often judge Christians.

Then again, not all atheists or Christians are the same.

mrveggieman
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM
the other side can act the same way. Atheists accuse christians of being overly judgmental, while they themselves often judge christians.

Then again, not all atheists or christians are the same.

+1