PDA

View Full Version : It Only Took 1 Day...

duane1969
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Just one day after US troops were pulled from Iraq the old Sunni-Shia division that has plagued the region for thousands of years has already reared it's ugly head in Iraqi politics... <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Anybody...

angel0430
12-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I have the feeling that we are going to invade Iraq again a couple of years...**sigh**

texansrangerfan73
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Just one day after US troops were pulled from Iraq the old Sunni-Shia division that has plagued the region for thousands of years has already reared it's ugly head in Iraqi politics...

Anybody want to place a bet on how long until the region is back into a civil war and innocents are being killed?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45750262/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.TvIbRHpmmSo

Sorry to sound rude or hateful but better them than our U.S. troops!

duane1969
12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Sorry to sound rude or hateful but better them than our U.S. troops!

I don't take that wrong at all. I agree. I am tired of our guys getting killed for people who do not care. This is a prime example of it. We spent 10 years and trillions of dollars there and lost over 5000 of our troops...it took them less than 48 hours to get started going back to the way it was before.

mrveggieman
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
You know before the us invasion iraq actually had a stable gov't. Sadaam wasn't the prettiest or nicest leader but at least they had some type of stable gov't. Now they have nothing but chaos and confusion. I hope that the war mongers are happy with themselves. SMH.

theonedru
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't take that wrong at all. I agree. I am tired of our guys getting killed for people who do not care. This is a prime example of it. We spent 10 years and trillions of dollars there and lost over 5000 of our troops...it took them less than 48 hours to get started going back to the way it was before.

We spent 10 years and trillions of dollars there and lost over 5000 of our troops..... Fixing our mistake of putting Saddam in power, we never learn when we stick our noses where it doesnt belong and it blows up in our face. It will be more innocent blood on our hands

pghin08
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
You know before the us invasion iraq actually had a stable gov't. Sadaam wasn't the prettiest or nicest leader but at least they had some type of stable gov't. Now they have nothing but chaos and confusion. I hope that the war mongers are happy with themselves. SMH.

He was still a ruthless dictator that brutalized his own people. What good is stability then?

mrveggieman
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
He was still a ruthless dictator that brutalized his own people. What good is stability then?

So now instead of having 1 dictator and a steady gov't in iraq we have no stable gov't, people are getting slaughtered left and right with no where to turn for assistance. Tell me again how is that any better than what they had under sadaam?

pghin08
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
So now instead of having 1 dictator and a steady gov't in iraq we have no stable gov't, people are getting slaughtered left and right with no where to turn for assistance. Tell me again how is that any better than what they had under sadaam?

The sectarian violence in Iraq has been around forever, it still went on under Saddam.

mrveggieman
12-21-2011, 04:13 PM
The sectarian violence in Iraq has been around forever, it still went on under Saddam.

Agree but now it is 1000x worse since they have no real form of gov't. The US was so quick to throw it's weight around not look at the mess that they created. SMH.

theonedru
12-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Agree but now it is 1000x worse since they have no real form of gov't. The US was so quick to throw it's weight around not look at the mess that they created. SMH.

That happens everywhere the US sticks its nose, look at South America and the 10's upon 10's of thousands of peoples that have been killed because of US interference in various governments, America as a whole is so totally ignorant these situations its horrible.

duane1969
12-21-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't know how stable I would call it. There were several coup attempts, a few million massacred residents and several border wars during Saddam's reign.

If by "stable" you mean anyone who spoke out was executed, then OK, it was stable.

If by stable you mean the residents were happy with their government, the neighboring countries trusted Iraq and Iraq had a good international relationship...then no, they were not stable.