PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul Will Not Be The GOP Candidate or President

duane1969
12-24-2011, 12:51 PM
As popular as some of his stances and ideas are, there are others that will cost him as many votes as his good ideas will earn him.

No automaker safety regulations? No air traffic controllers? States deciding if they want to legalize heroin? No Americans with Disabilities Act?

His logic is that people will just naturally gravitate to the better products, make the right decisions and do the right thing. What rock has he been under for the last 7 decades?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/22/9633112-how-air-conditioning-prostitution-and-raw-milk-could-give-ron-paul-problems

andrewhoya
12-25-2011, 10:09 AM
As popular as some of his stances and ideas are, there are others that will cost him as many votes as his good ideas will earn him.

No automaker safety regulations? No air traffic controllers? States deciding if they want to legalize heroin? No Americans with Disabilities Act?

His logic is that people will just naturally gravitate to the better products, make the right decisions and do the right thing. What rock has he been under for the last 7 decades?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/22/9633112-how-air-conditioning-prostitution-and-raw-milk-could-give-ron-paul-problems
It should be up to states to decide if they legalize anything. Air traffic controllers are on their way out anyways due to new technology coming.

If people don't want a safe car, then maybe they dont want a safe car.

tsjct
12-25-2011, 01:37 PM

He is a Complete NUT and has no CHANCE at all. If it were 1776 he might get the votes.

tutall
12-26-2011, 12:14 PM
It should be up to states to decide if they legalize anything. Air traffic controllers are on their way out anyways due to new technology coming.

If people don't want a safe car, then maybe they dont want a safe car.

Come on Andrew - If any other candidate said some of this stuff you would be all over him too.... Legalizing everything sounds great but there are repercussions to some of his ideas that I dont want to deal with. I am all for legallizing marijuana as I think way too much money is spent on it. I do think though before they do there needs to be an instant test in place like a breatalizer s it can be tested for while driving. I know there is a HUGE difference between Marijuana and Heroin though. In this case you would have nutjob states like California legallizing anything you want to use and we would be stuck paying for it. His foreign policy is laughable at best, his age is alsoa huge concern.... Do you realize how old he would be at the end of his first term? Maybe JoePa would run as his vice president

andrewhoya
12-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Come on Andrew - If any other candidate said some of this stuff you would be all over him too.... Legalizing everything sounds great but there are repercussions to some of his ideas that I dont want to deal with. I am all for legallizing marijuana as I think way too much money is spent on it. I do think though before they do there needs to be an instant test in place like a breatalizer s it can be tested for while driving. I know there is a HUGE difference between Marijuana and Heroin though. In this case you would have nutjob states like California legallizing anything you want to use and we would be stuck paying for it. His foreign policy is laughable at best, his age is alsoa huge concern.... Do you realize how old he would be at the end of his first term? Maybe JoePa would run as his vice president

Wrong- I would not be up in arms because I agree with it. I never said we should legalize everything, however, states should be able to make the choice on what is legal and what is not. If a state's government makes basically everyone else for the state, why can't they do this? The government is way too involved in state affairs.

Who cares about an age? If he was clearly starting to run down then yes, that would be a concern, but he is healthy as ever.

duane1969
12-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Wrong- I would not be up in arms because I agree with it. I never said we should legalize everything, however, states should be able to make the choice on what is legal and what is not. If a state's government makes basically everyone else for the state, why can't they do this? The government is way too involved in state affairs.

Who cares about an age? If he was clearly starting to run down then yes, that would be a concern, but he is healthy as ever.

The problem with states making that choice is it creates a situation where trafficing across states that do not allow it would occur.

For example, if it was legal in my state of WV and illegal in all surrounding states then people would have to break the law in VA, OH, KY, MD or PA to get it here. By making it a state decision you would create a type of a state line border war.

And like it or not, age is an issue. The life expectancy of a male in the US is currently 75. By the time Paul finishes his first term he would be 81. It is not responsible voting to put someone in office who will most likely not see then end of a first term. Factor in the rigors and stress of being POTUS and you have a very bad situation for a 77 year old man to be in.

andrewhoya
12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
The problem with states making that choice is it creates a situation where trafficing across states that do not allow it would occur.

For example, if it was legal in my state of WV and illegal in all surrounding states then people would have to break the law in VA, OH, KY, MD or PA to get it here. By making it a state decision you would create a type of a state line border war.

And like it or not, age is an issue. The life expectancy of a male in the US is currently 75. By the time Paul finishes his first term he would be 81. It is not responsible voting to put someone in office who will most likely not see then end of a first term. Factor in the rigors and stress of being POTUS and you have a very bad situation for a 77 year old man to be in.

States already have different laws. In some states it is illegal to do something while in other states it is legal.

As for the average life, I am sure that includes obese people, those who smoke, etc. Paul is in shape.

Reagan was 78 when he finished his second term- and he lived for 15 years after that.

tutall
12-26-2011, 02:21 PM
States already have different laws. In some states it is illegal to do something while in other states it is legal.

As for the average life, I am sure that includes obese people, those who smoke, etc. Paul is in shape.

Reagan was 78 when he finished his second term- and he lived for 15 years after that.

Actions yes... Products probably not so much... I agree with you on many things need to be handled by the states... Healthcare, roads, building projects, schools, etc... But the ATF and drug task force needs to be run federally although with competant people instead of the garbage that is in there now.

andrewhoya
12-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Actions yes... Products probably not so much... I agree with you on many things need to be handled by the states... Healthcare, roads, building projects, schools, etc... But the ATF and drug task force needs to be run federally although with competant people instead of the garbage that is in there now.

What is ATF?

I agree with the bolded; I think it would be just as efficient as having the states do it.

tutall
12-26-2011, 02:37 PM
What is ATF?

I agree with the bolded; I think it would be just as efficient as having the states do it.

Alcohol Tabacco Firearms

andrewhoya
12-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Gotcha.

mrveggieman
12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
But the ATF and drug task force needs to be run federally although with competant people instead of the garbage that is in there now.

What a gov't agency ran by competant people instead of garbage? I've never heard of such a thing. :winking0071:

duane1969
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Except for a few states that allow medical marijuana all states have the same drug laws.