PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow is more popular than God, says PPP

gatorboymike
12-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh yes, let's have another Tim Tebow thread, as my Christmas gift to all of you. In fact, let's have a Tim Tebow thread that makes John Lennon roll over in his grave.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/12/tim_tebow_more_popular_than_god_florida.php

Tim Tebow is quite possibly more popular than God himself -- at least, he may be in Florida.

The former Florida Gator, Heisman Trophy winner, two-time BCS national champion, and current Denver Broncos quarterback is viewed favorably by 59 percent of Floridians, according to survey results released this afternoon by Public Policy Polling.

In July, the same polling firm asked American voters how they thought God was doing -- 52 percent approved.

Hmmm, so that means 48 percent of Americans disapprove of how God is doing his job. I guess that means God better get his act together, if he slips much more he could be in danger of losing his bid for re-election. But seriously though...what happened to the infallible, ironclad and perfect divine plan? And when they asked that question, did they discard responses from people who don't believe in God? Or people who don't believe in the Christian god? Even if they didn't, and we assume that the roughly 20% of Americans who are non-Christians were counted in the "disapprove" category, that still marks almost 30% of respondents as Christians who disapprove of what God is doing. Or in other words, for every 5 Christians who approve of God, there are 3 who disapprove. Tim Tebow really does have it easy.

YouTube user GenerationXeroFilms, from whom I heard about this survey, said this in his video: "Back in the 60s, John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. And after he said that, a wave of hatred swept across this country. Radio stations were boycotting their music, Christian conseravtives preached against them, and people were burning and bulldozing their Beatles records in the streets. If Tim Tebow said that he was bigger than Jesus, I don't think anyone would even get mad. They'd probably just say something like, 'Tim, you're not bigger than Jesus...you are Jesus.'" And you know what? I think he's right. I can totally see, ahem, certain individuals from this forum doing that.

Oh yes, and nice ripoff of a Chuck Norris Fact in that picture, too.

And I'd just like to wish said Christian conservatives a Merry Yule, Merry Festivus, Merry Saturnalia, and most especially, Happy Holidays. With Tebow throwing 4 INTs in the last game, they'll need it. Jesus was probably busy helping a cancer-stricken child recover, or helping warring tribes resolve their differences, or something unimportant like that when he should have been interfering in American pro sports. No wonder God's approval rating is so low.

AUTaxMan
12-26-2011, 01:04 AM
give it a rest, man. we get it. you don't like christians and you don't like tebow. how many of these rambling, ranting posts do you have to make before you convince yourself that you've gotten your message across?

MattDMC
12-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Every time someone starts a Tebow thread a starving child dies.

Lets just give this Tebow crap a break already.

cavaliersfan30
12-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Tebow is god!!!

gatorboymike
12-26-2011, 06:23 AM
give it a rest, man. we get it. you don't like christians and you don't like tebow. how many of these rambling, ranting posts do you have to make before you convince yourself that you've gotten your message across?

When the sun is darkened and the moon does not give its light.

springerdeals
12-26-2011, 08:45 AM
tim tebow is not bigger than mike ditka, period!

AUTaxMan
12-26-2011, 09:02 AM
When the sun is darkened and the moon does not give its light.

so you're just trolling then?

ensbergcollector
12-26-2011, 11:42 AM
gbm- you manage to take an article that, while dumb, would actually have potential for some intriguing dialogue and then you turn it into a slam christianity op-ed. Your rambling is starting to sound less like a well educated atheist and more like a drunk homeless person who blames tebow and christianity for losing his job, his wife, his children, etc.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

who said billy madison couldn't provide us with just the right comment at some point in life.

freethrowtommy
12-26-2011, 11:49 AM
gbm- you manage to take an article that, while dumb, would actually have potential for some intriguing dialogue and then you turn it into a slam christianity op-ed. Your rambling is starting to sound less like a well educated atheist and more like a drunk homeless person who blames tebow and christianity for losing his job, his wife, his children, etc.

So the circle jerk threads bashing Obama and/or liberals is okay but bashing Christianity isn't? Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand how things work around here.

ensbergcollector
12-26-2011, 11:57 AM
So the circle jerk threads bashing Obama and/or liberals is okay but bashing Christianity isn't? Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand how things work around here.

oh give it a rest bro. show me one thread bashing obama that reads like this junk. you can't possibly say that with a straight face.

listen, there are threads bashing everything and every one. Most, however, make it past the opening post before they get way of track. This one doesn't even make it that far.

GBM posted an article that had relevance. He instead used it to bash christianity. There have been multiple threads in the last month with the sole purpose of bashing christianity. Care to show me a single obama or liberal thread like that? Show me one that is not commenting on a decision he made.

freethrowtommy
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
oh give it a rest bro. show me one thread bashing obama that reads like this junk. you can't possibly say that with a straight face.

listen, there are threads bashing everything and every one. Most, however, make it past the opening post before they get way of track. This one doesn't even make it that far. tommy- your contributions to the entire P&R forum since you started posting is to make sure everyone knows you are a liberal. You rarely post anything on topic or comment on the actual thread. You come on and attack a poster (like this one) or you make sweeping statements against all things conservative and for all things liberal.

GBM posted an article that had relevance. He instead used it to bash christianity. There have been multiple threads in the last month with the sole purpose of bashing christianity. Care to show me a single obama or liberal thread like that? Show me one that is not commenting on a decision he made.

Hit a chord with you, didn't I? I can show you plenty of posts where I contributed to a topic. I love how you attack me but there are plenty of others who just drop talking points on the other side, but you don't say a word. That's nice.

And I am pretty sure this a politics and religion forum so people are free to post their ideas. You came on this topic to attack GBM... that is pretty obvious.

I just noticed you edited your post from what is above? Have a change of heart?

tutall
12-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Hit a chord with you, didn't I? I can show you plenty of posts where I contributed to a topic. I love how you attack me but there are plenty of others who just drop talking points on the other side, but you don't say a word. That's nice.

And I am pretty sure this a politics and religion forum so people are free to post their ideas. You came on this topic to attack GBM... that is pretty obvious.

So... instead of changing the topic altogether.... How about you link us to an thread the bashes liberals and Obama like this thread does?

ensbergcollector
12-26-2011, 12:12 PM

yes, you hit a chord. there have been multiple threads started in this forum for the sole purpose of bashing christianity. i haven't seen you have a problem with it. No thread on here has been started with the sole purpose of bashing anything but christianity. Yet if someone dares say something bad about obama, even if it is founded, you jump to his defense. Does that mean everything bad about obama strikes a chord with you?

i should not have lashed out at you and I deleted that part of my thread because i was out of line. my comments toward gbm stand. I didn't come on to attack him. However, if I took an article showing how popular obama was and turned it into a bash obama thread in my very first post, i think there are numerous people here who would have a problem with it.

freethrowtommy
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
yes, you hit a chord. there have been multiple threads started in this forum for the sole purpose of bashing christianity. i haven't seen you have a problem with it. No thread on here has been started with the sole purpose of bashing anything but christianity. Yet if someone dares say something bad about obama, even if it is founded, you jump to his defense. Does that mean everything bad about obama strikes a chord with you?

i should not have lashed out at you and I deleted that part of my thread because i was out of line. my comments toward gbm stand. I didn't come on to attack him. However, if I took an article showing how popular obama was and turned it into a bash obama thread in my very first post, i think there are numerous people here who would have a problem with it.

Yeah, I apologize also. I stated that there are threads bashing liberals and Obama and I guess it just comes of that way based on how I am reading other peoples posts. I just am reading tons of posts lately that spew talking points with nothing to back them up. I shouldn't have said threads. I am just frustrated this morning, I guess.

freethrowtommy
12-26-2011, 12:17 PM
So... instead of changing the topic altogether.... How about you link us to an thread the bashes liberals and Obama like this thread does?

I was incorrect... I can point to posts about talking points, but I can't remember threads.

tutall
12-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Im not going to sit here and say there arent idiots that dont look up what Uncle Rush has to say today and post all of his parting thoughts, but there are legitimate concerns we should have the the current president. There are just as many people who criticize harshly everything he does as there are that blindly follow and would vote for him if he started eating babies and slaugtering baby sheep.

ensbergcollector
12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I apologize also. I stated that there are threads bashing liberals and Obama and I guess it just comes of that way based on how I am reading other peoples posts. I just am reading tons of posts lately that spew talking points with nothing to back them up. I shouldn't have said threads. I am just frustrated this morning, I guess.

understood. i expect people to post comments about things that i disagree with. No problem with that at all. I do get upset at entire threads which are started just to bash something. again, I am sorry for lashing out at you. i was out of line and it won't happen again. thanks

AUTaxMan
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I was incorrect... I can point to posts about talking points, but I can't remember threads.

What is a talking point? Can talking points be correct?

mrveggieman
12-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning P&R fam merry christmas/happy holidays. If I could add my two cents I have no problem with tebow, what he does or what he stands for. Tebow is actually a good example for christians to follow. He dosen't spew hate like herman cain, fallwell or robertson. If we had more tebows and less hate mongerors america would be a much better place. As far as people viewing tebow more favorably than God I can believe that. I'm sure that people who are atheists or non christians voted in the poll as well as those who believe that tebow is the second coming of christ.

theonedru
12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Other things more popular than God, air, breathing, food, water, walking puppies, kittens, smiles, laughing... I could go on.

*censored*
12-27-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-orlando/tim-tebow-his-anti-gay-anti-choice-and-questionable-educational-history

gatorboymike
12-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Tebow’s mother suffered a life-threatening infection with a pathogenic amoeba.

That's not nice of her to say about her son.

duwal
12-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Other things more popular than God, air, breathing, food, water, walking puppies, kittens, smiles, laughing... I could go on.

silly, that's because those other things are real :party0053: