PDA

View Full Version : Keeping college students from the polls

mrveggieman
12-27-2011, 01:44 PM
It looks like those republicans are up to their old tricks again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/opinion/keeping-college-students-from-the-polls.html?_r=1&ref=politics

andrewhoya
12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Weird, we do polls every year at our HS and every time 80% vote conservative.

tsjct
12-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Yep have to have that old id to vote? Amazing is it not? I do not understand why we have to have an id to vote much less why the heck do we need an id period. I say let anyone open up a bank account, get a credit card, fly on a plane, drive, etc without an id. This is the new way. Those darn republicans are doing it again.

gladdyontherise
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Yep have to have that old id to vote? Amazing is it not? I do not understand why we have to have an id to vote much less why the heck do we need an id period. I say let anyone open up a bank account, get a credit card, fly on a plane, drive, etc without an id. This is the new way. Those darn republicans are doing it again.

Well...

Sorry, they will hear, you have an out-of-state driverís license. Sorry, your college ID is not valid here. Sorry, we found out that you paid out-of-state tuition, so even though you do have a state driverís license, you still canít vote.

I'm taking a guess you didn't read this part?

tsjct
12-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Well...

I'm taking a guess you didn't read this part?

How about ABSENTEE voting. Wonder if they thought of that :rolleyes:

gladdyontherise
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Don't spin it. You didn't read the article did you?

now you are trying to completely ignore what you had previously said.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 01:06 AM
If you vote ABSENTEE you do NOT go to the voting place where your going to college. You absentee vote where you are registered to vote.

gladdyontherise
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm fully aware but why didn't you say that in the first place instead of making some big assumption?

tsjct
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm fully aware but why didn't you say that in the first place instead of making some big assumption?

I figured you were SMART enough to figure it out. I will explain in elementary terms the next time.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 12:40 PM
that's ok, for every college student who is turned away, there will be 2 homeless people who are bought lunch and told it is paid for by obama right as they are dropped off at the polls.

gladdyontherise
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I figured you were SMART enough to figure it out. I will explain in elementary terms the next time.

Man, we can't have a discussion without you feeling the need to take a shot at me? oh well....

mrveggieman
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
that's ok, for every college student who is turned away, there will be 2 homeless people who are bought lunch and told it is paid for by obama right as they are dropped off at the polls.

Do you have proof of this or do we have to take your word on pure faith?

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Do you have proof of this or do we have to take your word on pure faith?

i will try and find an article. there were stories on this for each of the last 3 elections, always on the democrats side.

mrveggieman
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
i will try and find an article. there were stories on this for each of the last 3 elections, always on the democrats side.

Ok, I will be waiting :whistle:.......

tsjct
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/12/10/loc_bronson_marlboros.html