PDA

View Full Version : Spend Obama Spend

tsjct
12-27-2011, 02:37 PM
How much in deficit spending did Bush spend on average per day during his presidency? Itís pretty easy to figure out: $607 billion/365 days = $1.66 billion per day. Thatís a lot of spending, Georgie. Shame on you!
But compared to Obamaís $5 BILLION of deficit spending per day? Obama spent well over three times more per day every single day than did Bush.

http://startthinkingright.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/who-spent-more-average-bush-vs-average-obama-spending-per-day-proves-obama-most-reckless-and-irresponsible-ever/

theonedru
12-27-2011, 03:44 PM
and to add fuel to the fire to make it even worse

Obama to ask for debt limit hike:
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-ask-debt-limit-hike-treasury-official-152416457.html

America is heading into its death throws

habsheaven
12-27-2011, 04:11 PM
You cannot compare the spending of Bush and Obama. The economic climate left to each President was night and day. You would think, the smart people that you all are, would realize this. Start including a few REAL economists and their POV in your reading material and then form an educated opinion.

tsjct
12-27-2011, 07:04 PM
You cannot compare the spending of Bush and Obama. The economic climate left to each President was night and day. You would think, the smart people that you all are, would realize this. Start including a few REAL economists and their POV in your reading material and then form an educated opinion.

LOL i guess i need to read THE OBAMA TIMES.

OnePimpTiger
12-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Very true, it was different...we have less money now than we did then, yet we're spending more. I don't need an economist to tell me that's not a good thing, Economics 101 took care of that lesson.

ensbergcollector
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM

there's always an excuse for good ol' BO huh?

oh right, trillions of that was to stimulate the economy and help unemployment. even though REAL economists said from the start it was a horrible idea. guess what. they were right.

habsheaven
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM
there's always an excuse for good ol' BO huh?

oh right, trillions of that was to stimulate the economy and help unemployment. even though REAL economists said from the start it was a horrible idea. guess what. they were right.

Have you been living under a rock?

ensbergcollector
12-27-2011, 10:02 PM

no, but i see very clearly that obama is spending three times what bush did and no one cares because "bush messed things up"

guess what, obama is spending that and it hasn't helped anything. what rock do you think i am living under?

habsheaven
12-27-2011, 10:37 PM
no, but i see very clearly that obama is spending three times what bush did and no one cares because "bush messed things up"

guess what, obama is spending that and it hasn't helped anything. what rock do you think i am living under?

Where did I say "Bush messed things up"? When Obama took office the WORLD was heading for arguably a depression, not just a recession. I am not blaming that on Bush. I am just saying that a lot of that spending has to do with the situation the country/world found itself in at the time and still does. You can argue it has had no visable positive affect. I can argue that without it, the situation would be much worse.

The point being, you cannot fairly compare the spending of the two Presidents in the way which all the Obama detractors like to do.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Canada figured how to come out of their problems and how did they do it? STOPPED THE SPENDING!! And i will finish with this!
Every single day since November 2008, I am more convinced that there is NO HOPE...
This country made it's decision then...
And it chose disaster...
So folks, sit back and relax, kick off your shoes, go buy as much Bud Light as you can before it costs 100 bucks a bottle..., Go fishing before it's outlawed, do some hunting before it's a punishable offense....And wait for the mob...
They are coming...like a bunch of zombies...THEY WILL BE COMING!!!
When this house of cards built by a fool begins to crumble (and it will)....get as far away from the big cities as you can.

duwal
12-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Canada figured how to come out of their problems and how did they do it? STOPPED THE SPENDING!! And i will finish with this!
Every single day since November 2008, I am more convinced that there is NO HOPE...
And it chose disaster...
So folks, sit back and relax, kick off your shoes, go buy as much Bud Light as you can before it costs 100 bucks a bottle..., Go fishing before it's outlawed, do some hunting before it's a punishable offense....And wait for the mob...
When this house of cards built by a fool begins to crumble (and it will)....get as far away from the big cities as you can.

so sad some people on here are telling the tales of Chicken Little

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 07:47 AM
And it chose disaster...

You should get a seat on that show hosted by the former SNL nut.

Canada's financial crisis has been minor compared to most of the world. One of the BIGGEST reasons why: we have the strongest BANKS in the world because we REGULATE them.

And don't worry about the chaos when it happens. We have some of the most lax immigration policies in the world. We won't even make you learn to speak french or Canadian English.:basket:

duane1969
12-28-2011, 10:43 AM

No, we live in the US. Don't buy all of the liberal tripe you hear north of the border. Stimulus money has created a smattering of jobs. Most of the jobs that were created are gone because the funding ended and the businesses can't afford to keep those employees on their own budget.

A HUGE chunk of the stimulus money was used to re-pave roads and rebuild bridges which resulted in a net of zero jobs because companies that already existed and already had their employees got the contracts. In my area the stimulus money built a 300 foot sidewalk in one town, built all new sidewalks on main street in another town, repaved some intersections near the golf course where the PGA tour plays every year and resulted in some new employees in the school system (but a net loss of jobs overall in the school system).

The net loss of jobs happened like this. New teachers were hired, but there were no new students. So students were pulled from other classrooms that were overcrowded. Those overcrowded classrooms had 1 teacher and 1 teacher's aide. Since the classrooms were no longer overcrowded the aides were not justified and were laid off. This happened in 5 or 6 elementary schools in our county. Every new teacher that was hired resulted in a loss of 2 or 3 teacher aides. So 5 new teachers resulted in 10-15 laid off aides.

Now for a little economics. 5 new teachers at $33k a year results in a net economic gain of $155k per year. Counter that with 10+ aides laid off at a salary of $20k a year ($200k+). You can do the rest of the math...

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 11:15 AM
FWIW, I get all my "liberal tripe" from US networks.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
FWIW, I get all my "liberal tripe" from US networks.

Sounds like you and CHRIS MATTHEWS are two in one. And i guess Bill Mahr is your hero also.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you and CHRIS MATTHEWS are two in one. And i guess Bill Mahr is your hero also.

You are right on one count. Bill Maher is a genious. Can't say that I have ever heard Chris Matthews outside of a few sound bites here and there.

Let me guess. You look up to nutjobs like Limbaugh and Beck, lol.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
You are right on one count. Bill Maher is a genious. Can't say that I have ever heard Chris Matthews outside of a few sound bites here and there.

Let me guess. You look up to nutjobs like Limbaugh and Beck, lol.

if you think Bill Maher is a Genius i no longer take you serious on any topics.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM

just out of curiosity, what did you mean by this? What are you thinking I don't know or understand?

why does it make sense that because the economy was worse for obama that it makes his spending ok? His stimulus plan was an epic waste of money. Worse than any wars bush could have "started." The stimulus rarely netted any jobs beyond temporary ones, and brought us wonderful things like new frisbee golf courses and sidewalks.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
just out of curiosity, what did you mean by this? What are you thinking I don't know or understand?

why does it make sense that because the economy was worse for obama that it makes his spending ok? His stimulus plan was an epic waste of money. Worse than any wars bush could have "started." The stimulus rarely netted any jobs beyond temporary ones, and brought us wonderful things like new frisbee golf courses and sidewalks.

He thinks everyone who does not believe like he does lives under a rock. His GENIUS is Bill Maher! That says enough for me. Never will take the guy serious again.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 11:58 AM

I explained it in a subsequent post. I am not going to re-type it again.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Where did I say "Bush messed things up"? When Obama took office the WORLD was heading for arguably a depression, not just a recession. I am not blaming that on Bush. I am just saying that a lot of that spending has to do with the situation the country/world found itself in at the time and still does. You can argue it has had no visable positive affect. I can argue that without it, the situation would be much worse.

The point being, you cannot fairly compare the spending of the two Presidents in the way which all the Obama detractors like to do.

ok, i will go back to your explanation. Why can't you compare the two? Isn't that what everyone does with everything. We are constantly comparing presidents on everything from foreign policy to spending. Why can't we compare now, because if you do Obama comes away looking like one of the worst presidents in history as far as spending goes.

Also, you can make the claim that things would be worse without his spending but you would be categorically wrong. Temporary jobs and in many cases loses of jobs did not make things better or keep them from getting worse. Not sure how you can even make that argument.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
He thinks everyone who does not believe like he does lives under a rock. His GENIUS is Bill Maher! That says enough for me. Never will take the guy serious again.

Glad to hear it. I look forward to not having to reply to your nonsense anymore. FWIW, I take what many members on here have to say seriously. Luckily for me, you aren't one of them.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
ok, i will go back to your explanation. Why can't you compare the two? Isn't that what everyone does with everything. We are constantly comparing presidents on everything from foreign policy to spending. Why can't we compare now, because if you do Obama comes away looking like one of the worst presidents in history as far as spending goes.

Also, you can make the claim that things would be worse without his spending but you would be categorically wrong. Temporary jobs and in many cases loses of jobs did not make things better or keep them from getting worse. Not sure how you can even make that argument.

Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right. I try to look at the "big picture" when forming an opinion.

Since my claim is "categorically wrong", the onus is now on you to explain how things would not have been worse. Please tell me how you know this? And don't just say that things are not better. That doesn't prove things would not have gotten worse. I eagerly await your economic forecasting without the stimulus.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right. I try to look at the "big picture" when forming an opinion.

Since my claim is "categorically wrong", the onus is now on you to explain how things would not have been worse. Please tell me how you know this? And don't just say that things are not better. That doesn't prove things would not have gotten worse. I eagerly await your economic forecasting without the stimulus.

don't exactly have time to do an economic forecast but the stimulus did not do what it was supposed to which was create long term jobs. It did not fix unemployment like it was supposed to do. Therefore, if spending billions upon billions and not succeeding at the original purpose has not left us worse then we were, I don't know what to tell you.
It's one thing, in the grand scheme of the country, to take a risk and spend a few billion hoping it helps. You can't spend 1 tillion + and be wrong. Just my opinion.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
don't exactly have time to do an economic forecast but the stimulus did not do what it was supposed to which was create long term jobs. It did not fix unemployment like it was supposed to do. Therefore, if spending billions upon billions and not succeeding at the original purpose has not left us worse then we were, I don't know what to tell you.
It's one thing, in the grand scheme of the country, to take a risk and spend a few billion hoping it helps. You can't spend 1 tillion + and be wrong. Just my opinion.

I will just offer this analogy. Picture yourself sliding down an icy slope approaching the edge of a cliff. You throw out your ice-climbing pick to stop your descent and enable you to get back on your feet. The ice-pick stops you but you can't manage to get back on your feet. Did the ice pick fail to do its job? Would you have stopped in time eventually anyway, or would you have plummetted over the edge?

tsjct
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
"BO" not the dog but the president is asking for 1.2 Trillion more since the stimulus worked so well LOL.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/201407-obama-will-ask-congress-to-raise-debt-ceiling-by-12b?page=5

duwal
12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
"BO" not the dog but the president is asking for 1.2 Trillion more since the stimulus worked so well LOL.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/201407-obama-will-ask-congress-to-raise-debt-ceiling-by-12b?page=5

and how exactly is this directly affecting YOU and YOUR life?

tsjct
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM

As a tax payer in the 40%+ range it affects me and my Business. Do you think this money will just fall off a tree? No we print more and borrow more which in return we all have to pay more. Well not all but some of us will have to pay for it.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 05:22 PM

wait a second, anytime any republican spends we hear the cries of "what are we leaving for our children" and "he is going to bankrupt the country" but when obama does more spending than any president in history it is "how is this directly affecting you?"