PDA

View Full Version : Obama 4th best president?

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
ok, so i watched the video and I never hear him say "i am the 4th best president." However, he does say, "I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history"

http://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-edits-obama-claim-fourth-best-president-133404689.html

Here's my question, everyone try and be somewhat unbiased (i know we have people on both sides), what has he done in 2+ years to think that he is able to make that claim? And, even if he was correct, is anyone else bothered by the pride and arrogance it takes to make that statement?

For the record, I would have a problem with any president, 3 years in, making claims as to their place in the historical rankings of presidents so my issue is not because it is obama.

* I know there is a thread using this link but it is for a completely different line of conversation.

andrewhoya
12-28-2011, 12:40 PM
what has he done in 2+ years to think that he is able to make that claim?

Being unbiased... Ended a big war? Even though he didn't really do it?
Killed Osama? ....Even though he didn't kill him?

Plenty of people gave him credit for both

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
ok, so i watched the video and I never hear him say "i am the 4th best president." However, he does say, "I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history"

http://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-edits-obama-claim-fourth-best-president-133404689.html

Here's my question, everyone try and be somewhat unbiased (i know we have people on both sides), what has he done in 2+ years to think that he is able to make that claim? And, even if he was correct, is anyone else bothered by the pride and arrogance it takes to make that statement?

For the record, I would have a problem with any president, 3 years in, making claims as to their place in the historical rankings of presidents so my issue is not because it is obama.

* I know there is a thread using this link but it is for a completely different line of conversation.

All you have to do is watch the video from a point about 2 minutes prior to the "4th best" statement to see his explanation of what he has done.

You can throw out the disclaimer; "my issue is not because it is Obama" all you want but we know the truth. It has everything to do with who he is.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 12:56 PM
All you have to do is watch the video from a point about 2 minutes prior to the "4th best" statement to see his explanation of what he has done.

You can throw out the disclaimer; "my issue is not because it is Obama" all you want but we know the truth. It has everything to do with who he is.

ok, first of all, you don't know me. You weren't posting here 4 years ago when i freely criticized bush for all the stupid crap I thought he was doing. So please, don't avoid a very relevant question because "we all know the truth." Do you disagree? Do you deny that it takes an obscene amount of arrogance to make that claim?

And, seeing as how you managed to not answer any of my questions (I realize my question sounded like what does he think he has done, I should have worded it to see what people here think he has done) should I assume you agree with his statement?

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 01:17 PM
ok, first of all, you don't know me. You weren't posting here 4 years ago when i freely criticized bush for all the stupid crap I thought he was doing. So please, don't avoid a very relevant question because "we all know the truth." Do you disagree? Do you deny that it takes an obscene amount of arrogance to make that claim?

And, seeing as how you managed to not answer any of my questions (I realize my question sounded like what does he think he has done, I should have worded it to see what people here think he has done) should I assume you agree with his statement?

It's all in the perception. You call it an "obscene amount of arrogance". I call it "confidence befitting a President".

Yes, I agree with what he had to say. Didn't see the need to re-hash it. That's why I directed you to the part of the video in which he stated his accomplishments.

Edit: You are right, I do not know you. So set me straight. What has Obama accomplished in your eyes that is good?

tsjct
12-28-2011, 01:17 PM
He named his own dog "BO". He is the most arrogant person to ever serve in the white house. He is self absorbed and there is no changing that. He should have compared himself to Jimmy "I am a Nut" Carter. That comparison would have been much better.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 01:19 PM
It's all in the perception. You call it an "obscene amount of arrogance". I call it "confidence befitting a President".

Yes, I agree with what he had to say. Didn't see the need to re-hash it. That's why I directed you to the part of the video in which he stated his accomplishments.

Edit: You are right, I do not know you. So set me straight. What has Obama accomplished in your eyes that is good?

Just for the record, you think he is the 4th best president in history?

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Just for the record, you think he is the 4th best president in history?

Before I answer that, I just want to clarify; Did you not start this thread with:

ok, so i watched the video and I never hear him say "i am the 4th best president."

Okay, with that said. I have no idea where he ranks among past Presidents based on his first 3 years. I will say this, I know he has a far greater knowledge of past presidents than I do, and I would guess that he knows a heck of a lot more about them than most on here. I would also wager that his opinion is somewhat biased too.

duwal
12-28-2011, 05:33 PM
He named his own dog "BO". He is the most arrogant person to ever serve in the white house. He is self absorbed and there is no changing that. He should have compared himself to Jimmy "I am a Nut" Carter. That comparison would have been much better.

I believe it was his daughter who named him that

gladdyontherise
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM

It's not like ANY other politicans are self absorbed, right? :rolleyes:

OBOMBA
12-28-2011, 07:27 PM
no hes one of the worst . this is pretty pathetic to ask such a question or even make such a claim

OnePimpTiger
12-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Just as I thought it was extremely dumb for people to claim GW was the worst president ever, I think it's equally dumb for people to make any claim, best or worst, for Obama at this point in time.

That said, 4th best? Seriously? His approval ratings have consistently dropped, even among his own party. He has broken more campaign promises than you can shake a stick at (yes, I know, every politician breaks promises...doesn't make it ok). He has set records for increasing the deficit, national debt, and spending. His failures far outweigh his successes.

bud7562
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
what has he done in 2+ years to think that he is able to make that claim?

Being unbiased... Ended a big war? Even though he didn't really do it?
Killed Osama? ....Even though he didn't kill him?

Plenty of people gave him credit for both he did nothing in the past three years in office :bored:

andrewhoya
12-29-2011, 09:12 AM
he did nothing in the past three years in office :bored:

You're right. I think he spent more time on vacation away from office then he did in office doing useful things.

habsheaven
12-29-2011, 09:16 AM
he did nothing in the past three years in office :bored:

Then I guess there is "nothing" to criticize, since he did "nothing".

andrewhoya
12-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Then I guess there is "nothing" to criticize, since he did "nothing".

Seriously?

habsheaven
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Seriously?

About as serious as the quote I was replying to.

imronron
12-29-2011, 12:38 PM
He's a politician, it's what they do. They break their arms patting themselves on their own back while using the other to take the money out of your pocket.