PDA

View Full Version : Controversy over Bill Mahr tweets about tebow

mrveggieman
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Comedian-Bill-Maher-creates-firestorm-with-profane-tweet-about-Denver-Broncos-QB-Tim-Tebow-122711

tsjct
12-28-2011, 12:34 PM
When he is BURNING in the depths of you know where i doubt he will find himself so humorous.

habsheaven
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Like I said. Bill Maher is a genious. I look forward to the day I can join him around the campfire and toast marshmellows while he continues to crack jokes.

mrveggieman
12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
There called jokes people get over it. I think that mahr is a real funny guy. I really don't think that tebow is getting all hot and bothered about what mahr or anyone else has to say about him so I don't think that anyone else should be either.

BTW I watched Mahr's film religious and found it obscenely funny and yes I believe in God.

tsjct
12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
He has to say things that are outrageous to get in the spotlight since he is on HBO and has a very small audience.

HealingRain76
12-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Bill Mahr is rude & obnoxious. The so-called "joke" was disgusting. It is possible to be funny without being an idiot...something Bill clearly doesn't understand.

ensbergcollector
12-28-2011, 02:20 PM
bill maher is extremely smart and sometimes go too far. Not saying he did this time. I thought he came across as a jerk in religious. His entire premise was let me berate people repeatedly until they look dumb and i look smart. The entire movie was like watching an episode of sean hannity.

Stone Dude
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
this is a comment that could be heard anywhere at anytime by anyone. its offensive because it was in the spotlight.

if youre offended, dont watch his show or pay attention to his tweets. you dont need to be a baby and call for a boycott. You dont see him calling for a boycott of Tim Tebow because he is outspoken about his religion.

bunch of whining crying little children.

duane1969
01-01-2012, 05:55 PM
What do Bill Mahr, Micheal Moore and John Madden all have in common? They run their mouths alot, but nobody really listens to them.

The day I start caring about what Mahr has to say is the day I start caring what color my dog's poop is. His #1 goal is to be insulting and condescending and he accomplishes it. He accomplishes little else.

pspstatus
01-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Bill Maher may be very politically active with lots of opinions but he is a comedian first. People shouldn't read too much into it. It was just a joke, and a funny one at that.

pspstatus
01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
What do Bill Mahr, Micheal Moore and John Madden all have in common? They run their mouths alot, but nobody really listens to them.

The day I start caring about what Mahr has to say is the day I start caring what color my dog's poop is. His #1 goal is to be insulting and condescending and he accomplishes it. He accomplishes little else.

I disagree. I think Bill Maher is actually quite popular and has a lot of people's ears. Just within the last six months I think he did an interview with Rolling Stone, he finished his 9th season of Real Time, and has managed to upset a whole bunch of folks for making a joke. I'd say people are listening.

PS You absolutely should care about what color your dogs poop is. Discolored poop can be a sign of serious illness.

HealingRain76
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I've never watched his show & I never will. I know how ridiculously obnoxious he is without watching it. I'll never understand why there are some so-called comedians that feel they have to be crewd & disgusting to be funny? Is that all they have? Pathetic if you ask me.

OnePimpTiger
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM

Ha! My vote for post of the thread.

I can't stand Bill Maher...most of the time he's not even close to funny, people just laugh because he offends Christians and that's a hip thing to do. If someone had his same schtick towards any other group of people, it would be deemed hate speech and everyone would be up in arms.

That being said, the tweet was funny...I giggled.

MadMan1978
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM

the same opinion I have about most the GOP ...

duane1969
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I disagree. I think Bill Maher is actually quite popular and has a lot of people's ears. Just within the last six months I think he did an interview with Rolling Stone, he finished his 9th season of Real Time, and has managed to upset a whole bunch of folks for making a joke. I'd say people are listening.

PS You absolutely should care about what color your dogs poop is. Discolored poop can be a sign of serious illness.

The fact that Real Time is on HBO and not mainstream television speaks for itself. I am not denying that he has his followers, so does Conan O'Brien, but there is a reason that O'Brien keeps getting bumped to smaller and smaller networks and there is a reason that Mahr does not garner interest from cable or network channels, they just aren't that popular.

MadMan1978
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
The fact that Real Time is on HBO and not mainstream television speaks for itself. I am not denying that he has his followers, so does Conan O'Brien, but there is a reason that O'Brien keeps getting bumped to smaller and smaller networks and there is a reason that Mahr does not garner interest from cable or network channels, they just aren't that popular.
He is more popular then you would like to acknowledge...he has a large following...he is on HBO due to content...

habsheaven
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
He is more popular then you would like to acknowledge...he has a large following...he is on HBO due to content...

He is very popular. I make a point to see whatever program he is going to be on because I do not get HBO. More often than not when I see him he is not playing the role of a comedian persay; he is usually pointing out the lunacy of one group or another. Of course, people who agree with the positions he criticizes do not find him popular or funny.

pantherfan82
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Bill is great! People that are upset, offended, etc just add to his popularity. By being outraged and calling for a boycott people are doing exactly what he wants them to do. Put him in the news. He's a comedian people need to stop being so easily offended by everything.

mrveggieman
01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
this is a comment that could be heard anywhere at anytime by anyone. its offensive because it was in the spotlight.

if youre offended, dont watch his show or pay attention to his tweets. you dont need to be a baby and call for a boycott. You dont see him calling for a boycott of Tim Tebow because he is outspoken about his religion.

bunch of whining crying little children.

Church!!

duane1969
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I am not offended by what he says, I just never, ever hear anyone talking about him. Typically a popular show or personality is talked about at least occasionally. His show is in it's 10th season and I can honestly say that I have never had anyone bring him up to me or mention watching his show. Only when he stirs up some controversy like this do I ever hear of him.