PDA

View Full Version : Nascar driver Kasey Kahne apologizes for breastfeeding tweets

mrveggieman
12-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Your thoughts:

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Kasey-Kahne-apologizes-for-breastfeeding-tweets-2429566.php

habsheaven
12-29-2011, 09:14 AM
No big deal. That is the curse of twitter. He was surprised by what he saw and tweeted it before thinking it through.

ensbergcollector
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
what is sad is that there are breastfeeding advocates. I don't think he was taking an issue with breastfeeding. How is him commenting about a woman having her breast hanging out sexist? If a guy had his junk hanging out he would be arrested.
All it takes is a small blanket to cover the feeding.

mrveggieman
12-29-2011, 11:52 AM
what is sad is that there are breastfeeding advocates. I don't think he was taking an issue with breastfeeding. How is him commenting about a woman having her breast hanging out sexist? If a guy had his junk hanging out he would be arrested.
All it takes is a small blanket to cover the feeding.

The difference is that there would be no purpose for a man's stuff to be hanging out. A woman is pulling her breasts out only for the purposes of feeding her child not for sexual purposes. Yes I think that there should be some level of discression by the mother when breastfeeding but it is not the worst thing in the world to see and I see a lot worse every day in the city of atlanta.

ensbergcollector
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
The difference is that there would be no purpose for a man's stuff to be hanging out. A woman is pulling her breasts out only for the purposes of feeding her child not for sexual purposes. Yes I think that there should be some level of discression by the mother when breastfeeding but it is not the worst thing in the world to see and I see a lot worse every day in the city of atlanta.

very true and i do see the difference. I guess i was being somewhat sarcastic. I know many women who breastfeed and none have ever felt the need to do so in public without covering. I guess I just don't see it as sexist for a person to wish a woman was covering up.

mrveggieman
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
very true and i do see the difference. I guess i was being somewhat sarcastic. I know many women who breastfeed and none have ever felt the need to do so in public without covering. I guess I just don't see it as sexist for a person to wish a woman was covering up.

I personally wouldn't want my wife to breastfead in public if she could avoid it because I wouldn't want people staring at her. I guess some women don't really care. However if they don't care that they are putting on a show they shouldn't be mad if some people want to watch. But again it wouldn't faze me because I have seen breasts before. :smokin:

INTIMADATOR2007
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I personally wouldn't want my wife to breastfead in public if she could avoid it because I wouldn't want people staring at her. I guess some women don't really care. However if they don't care that they are putting on a show they shouldn't be mad if some people want to watch. But again it wouldn't faze me because I have seen breasts before. :smokin:

I'm pretty sure this is were Kasey was offended , Being a nascar fan we like to rag him about his lack of manly hood ,therefore i say he wasn't offended about seeing the acual breastfeeding in action ,but the fact he saw a breast is what bothered him...lol..

mrveggieman
12-30-2011, 09:31 AM
[/b]

I'm pretty sure this is were Kasey was offended , Being a nascar fan we like to rag him about his lack of manly hood ,therefore i say he wasn't offended about seeing the acual breastfeeding in action ,but the fact he saw a breast is what bothered him...lol..

Wow!!

*censored*
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Is it bad that when seeing a woman breastfeeding, my first instinct is to shout "I got next!"?