PDA

View Full Version : 2 U.S. flags burned at Occupy Charlotte land group in jail

pwaldo
12-30-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.wbtv.com/story/16416265/protesters-arrested-uptown-after-setting-fire-to-the-american-flag

duane1969
12-31-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree, it is not illegal and it is within their right to do so. It also inidcative of just how ignorant these people are.

mrveggieman
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I have no problem with people being able to burn the flag in protest. I do have a problem with people causing an unessary fire hazzard.

duane1969
01-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I have a problem with them burning the flag in protest when they are protesting private businesses taking advantage of the American people. What was the point of burning the flag? My guess is nothing more than shock value and to stir up controversy which shows just how ignorant they are.

If the Occupy movement had a few people with an I.Q. over 70 they might actually accomplish something other than stupid pointless stunts and looking like buffoons.

OBOMBA
01-03-2012, 03:50 AM
I have a problem with them burning the flag in protest when they are protesting private businesses taking advantage of the American people. What was the point of burning the flag? My guess is nothing more than shock value and to stir up controversy which shows just how ignorant they are.

If the Occupy movement had a few people with an I.Q. over 70 they might actually accomplish something other than stupid pointless stunts and looking like buffoons.
any suggestions?

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
any suggestions?

Any suggestions for what?

pghin08
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
any suggestions?

Burning the flag is just dumb. I may be sympathetic to the Occupy movement, but I'm with Duane here, it just makes them come off as unintelligent. Their time would be better spent in a library analyzing their positions and why they have them rather than playing with fire.

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Burning the flag is just dumb. I may be sympathetic to the Occupy movement, but I'm with Duane here, it just makes them come off as unintelligent. Their time would be better spent in a library analyzing their positions and why they have them rather than playing with fire.

Was that an intended pun? Made me laugh either way LOL

pghin08
01-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Was that an intended pun? Made me laugh either way LOL

Some people were born with impeccably good looks, others with absolute genius. Me? I got puns.

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
some people were born with impeccably good looks, others with absolute genius. Me? I got puns.

rofl

duwal
01-04-2012, 07:52 PM

they are unintelligent. I'm not sympathetic whatsoever to the Occupy movement, all they are doing is hurting other small business owners and workers instead of actually going out and getting a job themselves instead of complaining about why others are making such a good living in the U.S. I know of one story where a 23 year old got up to the roof of a City Hall and refused to leave, that he was up there for about a month so far. And when they talked to him he said while he's up there he'll be studying to get his GED....yes, these are the types of people leading the movement. Really you haven't graduated high school?? Well that shouldn't stop us from hiring you and giving you a 6 figure salary!! :winking0071: