PDA

View Full Version : OK woman shots and kills intruder after getting greenlight from 911 dispatcher

mrveggieman
01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I have no problem with someone defending their family and home by any means neccesary.

http://gma.yahoo.com/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder-911-operators-okay-091106413.html

habsheaven
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
It's always nice to read a story with a happy ending.

mrveggieman
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM
It's always nice to read a story with a happy ending.

Yeah I'm really happy that the young lady and her child were not harmed. :winking0071:

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
And this is why citizens need to be armed...

McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

A lot of people say that they don't need to arm themselves for protection because that is what the police are for. This is a foolish mentality. The police will rarely arrive in time for anything but to document what happened to you before they got there.

Fair warning to anyone thinking of breaking into my house...I will not wait for approval from a 911 operator. Just saying.

cavaliersfan30
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I think this was wrong!!

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I think this was wrong!!

Please explain.

cavaliersfan30
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
It is wrong to kill anyone!!!

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM

So you think that it would have been right for her and her child to be killed instead?

pghin08
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM

A lot of people say that they don't need to arm themselves for protection because that is what the police are for. This is a foolish mentality. The police will rarely arrive in time for anything but to document what happened to you before they got there.

Fair warning to anyone thinking of breaking into my house...I will not wait for approval from a 911 operator. Just saying.

Well there goes my Saturday night plans.

mrveggieman
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Also for anyone who dosen't believe in arming their household and waiting for the police to save them instead you may want to google the court case Parker vs the District of Columbia. While you are doing that don't hold your breath waiting for the police to help you.

cavaliersfan30
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
How do you know he would have harmed them?

habsheaven
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM

How did she know that he wouldn't? Did the story not say he was armed with a knife?

mrveggieman
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM

The young woman did the right thing. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Well there goes my Saturday night plans.

For you, I will use rubber bullets :)

She was backed into a room with the door shut. He kicked in the door and went towards her with a 12-inch knife. That is not the actions of someone who means no harm.

Star_Cards
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM

so a guy coming at her and her baby with a knife and she should have done what exactly?

I get that it's not a good situation that a man lost his life, but it was pretty much at his own doing. He chose to break into this woman's house while he was armed with a knife. No one knows what his intentions where but this woman was left to assume that they were bad intentions. He's the one that caused her to believe she was going to be in more danger had she not shot him. I'm sure she didn't want to and I'm sure she'd traumatized about having to do it and that he died. In the end if you have to decide if it's this man's life or her's and her baby's, I think it's an easy choice. He could have made the choice not to break into her house and he'd still be alive. The blame of his death falls completely on himself.

tsjct
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Someone will find a way to make a GUN CONTROL argument on this story. I am so happy this young lady SHOT and KILLED this person. If the Criminals new more and more Home owners were packing heat thy might think twice before breaking in. I would not have wasted the time calling 911 as i would have just shot the idiot and then called the police to report a DEAD MAN is in my house. GREAT job for this lady!!

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
The young woman did the right thing. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

And she will be judged by 0 since it was ruled a justifiable shooting.

mrveggieman
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Someone will find a way to make a GUN CONTROL argument on this story. I am so happy this young lady SHOT and KILLED this person. If the Criminals new more and more Home owners were packing heat thy might think twice before breaking in. I would not have wasted the time calling 911 as i would have just shot the idiot and then called the police to report a DEAD MAN is in my house. GREAT job for this lady!!

I'm actually going to give you some church for that one.

CHURCH!! :love0030:

Star_Cards
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
oh, and just to clear something up. the dispatcher didn't technically give her the green light. :)

duane1969
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
http://www.bobpazsignshop.com/images/ForgetDogBewareOwner747.jpg

LOL

Star_Cards
01-04-2012, 03:13 PM

I guess we don't but it's pretty easy to deduce that he was up to no good. he was in a house that he didn't own or was invited into and he was coming at her with a knife. odds are he wasn't bringing her a holiday gift basket. sure, maybe he just wanted to tie her up and rob her, but I guess that's the risk you take when you break into another person's house.

greg271126817
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
i dont care if someone has a weapon or not. If they are in my house and have no reason to be i will be shooting. And i dont wish anybody death, but i would rather kill that individual protecting my family than have his survive and get out and sue me for everything i have. or them killing me or my family. I care for my family over anybody else who decides they want to be stupid and try to break into my home.

ensbergcollector
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Reading the article it is clear the man knew she had no male at home. He and a buddy show up at her house with weapons and proceed to kick in the door. I don't even think it can be argued they were just going to rob the place. She not only had legal right I think she is right in the eyes of anyone.
I have a wife and a child. I assure you if I suspected either were in harms way I would have no second thoughts about taking the same action as this woman did. I know it might be hard for her to deal with emotionally but I pray it will not.

cavaliersfan30
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
terrible comments....

AUTaxMan
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
wow cavsfan. i am at a loss for words.

ensbergcollector
01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
terrible comments....

let me ask a question that I genuinely would like an answer to. what do you think she should have done? should she have let her child be kidnapped? should she have let herself be raped?
if you were giving her advice, what would you have told her to do?

DunkingDurant35
01-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Um, yeah. If a guy kicks down my door and runs at me with a knife, darn straight I am going to fight back. That anyone is even trying to argue against this astonishes me no end.

theonedru
01-04-2012, 07:10 PM

Its never a smart things to make claims like this as it leads to arguments about premeditation and whether what you did was truly justified or not.

theonedru
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Also alot of the comments about shooting people kinda violate scf policy and should not be posted

tutall
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Also alot of the comments about shooting people kinda violate scf policy and should not be posted

Seriously? Like which ones? The ones about if someone came in my house with a knife I would shoot them? I can find far far more offensive things on this board than that. I would think it would fall under this more than anything else..

All members have the right to their own ideas, beliefs and faiths. Members have the right to express these on SCF with equal respect and consideration if they are not disruptive.

That said, this kind of story is the one and only reason I insisted on my wife not only owning a gun and a concealed weapons permit but knowing how to use it and use it right and target shoot often. I am never too far away from a loaded gun at any time in my home and I live in a small quiet neighborhood in Indiana with 3 police officers on my street... It takes way too long for the police to show up as been shown far too many times

habsheaven
01-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Cavaliersfan30 is just trolling. I mean really, if a guy with my political stripes is condoning the actions of this woman how can anyone legitimately argue against her?

Rybowski
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
She acted in a manner that was for her and her child's safety. This girl definitely did the right thing, and if you don't think she did, her name would be in her hometown newspaper in the obituary.

theonedru
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Seriously? Like which ones? The ones about if someone came in my house with a knife I would shoot them? I can find far far more offensive things on this board than that. I would think it would fall under this more than anything else..

That said, this kind of story is the one and only reason I insisted on my wife not only owning a gun and a concealed weapons permit but knowing how to use it and use it right and target shoot often. I am never too far away from a loaded gun at any time in my home and I live in a small quiet neighborhood in Indiana with 3 police officers on my street... It takes way too long for the police to show up as been shown far too many times

Any foul or hostile language used in SCF will not be tolerated. This includes any derogatory statements and profanity.

gladdyontherise
01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
terrible comments....

:rolleyes:

I know what you're doing, but please explain instead of 3 word answers

---
The woman did the right thing..I think you guys should just not feed into the poster who thinks the woman is wrong. Just looking for attention it seems.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 12:57 AM

Then perhaps I should step down as staff. Perhaps you can do a better job than me as Chit-Chat manager.

ensbergcollector
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Any foul or hostile language used in SCF will not be tolerated. This includes any derogatory statements and profanity.

i highly doubt this is the type of hostile language the rule is referring to.

theonedru
01-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Rules are rules and there is little room for personal interpretation hostile is hostile. regardless..

Stone Dude
01-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Breaking into a home with weapons should result in the death of the intruder. No tax dollars wasted and he won't do it again. Don't want to get your guts scattered don't break into houses. Come after my wife in my house you may or may not get shot, but I will ruin your night one way or another.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 02:30 AM
Thread locked.

MadMan1978
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Then perhaps I should step down as staff. Perhaps you can do a better job than me as Chit-Chat manager.
yeah ummm that most likely will not happen...

duane1969
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
yeah ummm that most likely will not happen...

LOL you make me laugh dude. I swear.