PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Misconceptions about Islam

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 08:58 AM
http://www.jannah.org/articles/misc.html

tsjct
01-05-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.jannah.org/articles/misc.html

Look at the source of this. Enough said and this does not even deserve a discussion.

pghin08
01-05-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't understand #9. They definitely worship Muhammad. He's not their God, but they hail him as the final, encompassing prophet.

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't understand #9. They definitely worship Muhammad. He's not their God, but they hail him as the final, encompassing prophet.

They are not worshiping him they are giving him respect as their final prophet. They also respect Jesus, Moses, and the other prophets as well.

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 09:47 AM
posted in err

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Look at the source of this. Enough said and this does not even deserve a discussion.

So tell me what sites should I quote to get information on Islam for the forum to discuss? Fox news? What about the blaze? SMH.

tsjct
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
So tell me what sites should I quote to get information on Islam for the forum to discuss? Fox news? What about the blaze? SMH.

How about Al Qaeda.com or Taliban.com??
They will be about the same LOL.
This is a joke.:rolleyes:

pghin08
01-05-2012, 09:53 AM

Not really, they make some good points. My Muslim friends have often said similar things.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Misconception #1 is not based on an individual Muslim performing a occasional random terroristic attack. It based on the fact that 7 of the top 10 terrorist groups in the world are Muslim and something like 90% of all terrorist attacks in the world are committed by Muslims. In general, all the media does is report the news. The author is deflecting.

Misconception #2...really? So when a woman is stoned to death for infidelity or a daughter is honor killed by her father for dating a non-Muslim that isn't the religion it is the government? LOL I suppose those Muslim women that I saw on T.V. meeting in private to wear make-up and jewlery were also oppressed by the government when they feared that their husbands would kill them if they found out.

Misconception #3 - Not a misconception. The author discredits his own claim that Allah and God are the same in the final sentence by saying that Allah does not rest (Genesis 2:2 says God rested after creation was finished), does not have a son (Jesus) and does not have human-like characteristics like in other religions. So Allah is the same God as the Christian God...just nothing like him. I repeat, not a misconception.

Misconception #4 - History supports that Islam was spread to many areas by force just like Christianity was. No need to look at history to see that Islam oppresses other religions. Just go to Afghanistan where Muslims are being executed for converting to other religions. Or how about the Russian Christian preacher who was executed for converting too many Muslims to Christianity.

Also the people of Asia Minor and the Balkans during the 9th-14th centuries might have something to say about how Islam was spread to their areas. It started with being conquered (I think that was "by the sword") and they were then forced to either convert, pay an Islam "tax" for not converting or they were killed (also "by the sword").

Misconception #5 - Never heard anyone say this either. Not a misconception.

Misconception #6 - I agree the Nation of Islam is a faction but have no reason to believe that they are not Muslim. They pray to the same god while facing Mecca, carry the same religious books, wear the same clothes...that is like a Baptist saying that Pentecostal is just a cult and not really Christian.

Misconception #7 - Never heard this either. I have always heard of wealthy Middle Eastern men having a harem but never heard of it having any relation to Islam.

Misconception #8 - Barbaric? No. Backwards...well they are in control of one of the most underdeveloped areas of the world and they do still rule their countries by religious laws that were created about 15 centuries ago...not sure that qualifies as a misconception.

Misconception #9 - So if I understand, Islam did not exist before Muhammed, Muhammed wrote the Quran, Muhammed's followers made the first Hijra to Mecca with Muhammed, Muhammed is the first prophet of Islam...but he is not the founder of Islam. :rolleyes:

Misconception #10 - I never heard this. They just do not accept them as divine prophets of Islam.

tsjct
01-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Not really, they make some good points. My Muslim friends have often said similar things.

They make good points? Their main agenda is to KILL as many Americans as they can and to wipe Israel off the map. Great Points they make:rolleyes:

tsjct
01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I think DUANE just hit the nail on the head. GREAT JOB!!

pghin08
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
They make good points? Their main agenda is to KILL as many Americans as they can and to wipe Israel off the map. Great Points they make:rolleyes:

I can only assume that you don't know any Muslims then. Pretty sure those friends I mentioned aren't out to kill me.

pghin08
01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Misconception #1 is not based on an individual Muslim performing a occasional random terroristic attack. It based on the fact that 7 of the top 10 terrorist groups in the world are Muslim and something like 90% of all terrorist attacks in the world are committed by Muslims. In general, all the media does is report the news. The author is deflecting.

Misconception #2...really? So when a woman is stoned to death for infidelity or a daughter is honor killed by her father for dating a non-Muslim that isn't the religion it is the government? LOL I suppose those Muslim women that I saw on T.V. meeting in private to wear make-up and jewlery were also oppressed by the government when they feared that their husbands would kill them if they found out.

Misconception #3 - Not a misconception. The author discredits his own claim that Allah and God are the same in the final sentence by saying that Allah does not rest (Genesis 2:2 says God rested after creation was finished), does not have a son (Jesus) and does not have human-like characteristics like in other religions. So Allah is the same God as the Christian God...just nothing like him. I repeat, not a misconception.

Misconception #4 - History supports that Islam was spread to many areas by force just like Christianity was. No need to look at history to see that Islam oppresses other religions. Just go to Afghanistan where Muslims are being executed for converting to other religions. Or how about the Russian Christian preacher who was executed for converting too many Muslims to Christianity.

Also the people of Asia Minor and the Balkans during the 9th-14th centuries might have something to say about how Islam was spread to their areas. It started with being conquered (I think that was "by the sword") and they were then forced to either convert, pay an Islam "tax" for not converting or they were killed (also "by the sword").

Misconception #5 - Never heard anyone say this either. Not a misconception.

Misconception #6 - I agree the Nation of Islam is a faction but have no reason to believe that they are not Muslim. They pray to the same god while facing Mecca, carry the same religious books, wear the same clothes...that is like a Baptist saying that Pentecostal is just a cult and not really Christian.

Misconception #7 - Never heard this either. I have always heard of wealthy Middle Eastern men having a harem but never heard of it having any relation to Islam.

Misconception #8 - Barbaric? No. Backwards...well they are in control of one of the most underdeveloped areas of the world and they do still rule their countries by religious laws that were created about 15 centuries ago...not sure that qualifies as a misconception.

Misconception #9 - So if I understand, Islam did not exist before Muhammed, Muhammed wrote the Quran, Muhammed's followers made the first Hijra to Mecca with Muhammed, Muhammed is the first prophet of Islam...but he is not the founder of Islam. :rolleyes:

Misconception #10 - I never heard this. They just do not accept them as divine prophets of Islam.

You make some good points, but #10 is off. The Qu'ran totally recognizes Jesus. They don't recognize him as the son of God, but they even mention that he will rise again to fight against the antichrist.

tsjct
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I can only assume that you don't know any Muslims then. Pretty sure those friends I mentioned aren't out to kill me.

You said Al Qaeda.com & Taliban.com made some great points! That's what i was referring to. NO not all muslims are out to kill everyone. I would say the ones i mentioned are out to do that.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 10:20 AM
You make some good points, but #10 is off. The Qu'ran totally recognizes Jesus. They don't recognize him as the son of God, but they even mention that he will rise again to fight against the antichrist.

Thats what I was saying. They don't deny his existence, just his birthright.

pghin08
01-05-2012, 10:21 AM
You said Al Qaeda.com & Taliban.com made some great points! That's what i was referring to. NO not all muslims are out to kill everyone. I would say the ones i mentioned are out to do that.

I never said "alqaeda.com" or "taliban.com" made some good points. The article isn't from there.

tsjct
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I never said "alqaeda.com" or "taliban.com" made some good points. The article isn't from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsjct http://www.sportscardforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?p=10869317#post10869317)

Jermaine Gresham: 26 RCs, 12 #D, 20 GU/Patch, 20 AU, 15 Au/Jsy
Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU

pghin08
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Ah, I see what you're saying now. My apologies, I meant to say that the article posted had decent points, not that those two websites did. Sorry for the confusion!

tsjct
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Ah, I see what you're saying now. My apologies, I meant to say that the article posted had decent points, not that those two websites did. Sorry for the confusion!

Ok! No problem. Apology accepted. I agree with you that there are many many good muslims.

pghin08
01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Ok! No problem. Apology accepted. I agree with you that there are many many good muslims.

Haha, definitely. You were probably thinking "Holy crap, am I talking to an al-Qaeda member??"

tsjct
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Haha, definitely. You were probably thinking "Holy crap, am I talking to an al-Qaeda member??"

i was wondering what the heck LOL.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM

I knew it!! Freakin al-Queda is trying to take over everything!!! First Afghanistan, now Sports Card Forum!!! ROFL

pghin08
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I knew it!! Freakin al-Queda is trying to take over everything!!! First Afghanistan, now Sports Card Forum!!! ROFL

I'm going jihad on Topps! Down with Upper Deck!

duane1969
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
LOL What is the al-Queda position on the Panini takeover?

pghin08
01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
LOL What is the al-Queda position on the Panini takeover?

Allah will punish them! He who is great shall not permit single color patch autos to be passed off as case hits!

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Allah will punish them! He who is great shall not permit single color patch autos to be passed off as case hits!

And who said that we only pick with christians on scf? :winking0071:

pghin08
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
And who said that we only pick with christians on scf? :winking0071:

True story. I joke with all religions equally.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM

LOL Can I get an Ame...uh, Amin!!

pghin08
01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
LOL Can I get an Ame...uh, Amin!!

Hahaha. We're treading on thin ice here. According to all the media outlets, the government can detain us at any second for this type of terroristic behavior. See you in Guantanamo!

duane1969
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Hahaha. We're treading on thin ice here. According to all the media outlets, the government can detain us at any second for this type of terroristic behavior. See you in Guantanamo!

Oh joy! On the flip side, if they think that playing loud rap and heavy metal music will break me then they are mistaken...I have teenagers :smokin:

pghin08
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh joy! On the flip side, if they think that playing loud rap and heavy metal music will break me then they are mistaken...I have teenagers :smokin:

I would love it if they tried to torture me with heavy metal. If they were smart, they'd torture me with Baltimore Ravens talk radio. Only to be interrupted every five minutes with Glenn Beck.

duane1969
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I would love it if they tried to torture me with heavy metal. If they were smart, they'd torture me with Baltimore Ravens talk radio. Only to be interrupted every five minutes with Glenn Beck.

Yeah I heard one guy saying he was forced to listen to Metallica and Megadeth for 18 hours a day and I was thinking..."So whats the problem?" :confused0024:

Torture for me...non-stop Britney Spears and Madonna with Nancy Pelosi and Joe Theismann as co-DJs. I would crack within an hour, maybe less. :frusty:

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah I heard one guy saying he was forced to listen to Metallica and Megadeth for 18 hours a day and I was thinking..."So whats the problem?" :confused0024:

Torture for me...non-stop Britney Spears and Madonna with Nancy Pelosi and Joe Theismann as co-DJs. I would crack within an hour, maybe less. :frusty:

No imagine having to listen to Nelly all day while be forced to watch Hanah Montana. :frusty:

duane1969
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
No imagine having to listen to Nelly all day while be forced to watch Hanah Montana. :frusty:

I am white, we like Nelly. :smokin:

pghin08
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM

That'd be absolutely awful.

Star_Cards
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM

so let's everyone just copy and past this line and whenever there's a topic of debate that you disagree from we can just post this and call out the source.

AUTaxMan
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
so let's everyone just copy and past this line and whenever there's a topic of debate that you disagree from we can just post this and call out the source.

I call that the "Democratic Method." Attack the messenger's credibility so you don't have to address the facts asserted.

Star_Cards
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
^ you may call it the democratic method, but plenty of people from both parties dismiss a debate or discussion with a statement similar to this. I see both left and right leaning SCF members use this method. Maybe a new name to reflect it's actual users is in order?

pghin08
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
^ you may call it the democratic method, but plenty of people from both parties dismiss a debate or discussion with a statement similar to this. I see both left and right leaning SCF members use this method. Maybe a new name to reflect it's actual users is in order?

Sorcerers. Har har.