PDA

View Full Version : Washington State governor supports gay marriage law

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Your thoughts

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-governor-supports-gay-marriage-law-041810012.html

tsjct
01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I will start by saying i have no problems with this. May suprise a few LOL. I just want them to have the same liabilities as my wife and i. Tax wise and all. If they get a divorce then ALIMONY must be paid. If they want the same benefits they must also incur the same expenses.

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I will start by saying i have no problems with this. May suprise a few LOL. I just want them to have the same liabilities as my wife and i. Tax wise and all. If they get a divorce then ALIMONY must be paid. If they want the same benefits they must also incur the same expenses.

The rapture must be coming soon because I actually agree with you. :winking0071:

tsjct
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM
The rapture must be coming soon because I actually agree with you. :winking0071:

We may not agree on everything or very many things but i knew there would be something we could agree on. :party0053:

duwal
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I fully encourage the fact that everyone, whether race, gender or sexual preference, should get the same human rights as others have the opportunity to get. Even further I think anyone that opposes gay marriage is someone I really can't respect. Marriage is for two people in love, doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.

theonedru
01-05-2012, 02:48 PM
I fully encourage the fact that everyone, whether race, gender or sexual preference, should get the same human rights as others have the opportunity to get. Even further I think anyone that opposes gay marriage is someone I really can't respect. Marriage is for two people in love, doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.

Total agreement, very eloquently said

TheGrapher
01-06-2012, 01:07 AM
If it was up to me, the 28th amendment would say Congress shall make no law denying one's right to marry on the basis of sexual orientation.

I am against beastiality. I am against polygamy. But I see no reason why two consenting adults who vote, pay taxes and are productive members of society can't get married, no matter what sex. This is not a states' issue. This is a civil rights issue and I think something is messed up when we give amnesty and benefits to illegals and yet some of our own citizens don't get their civil rights they are entitled to.

mrveggieman
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
If it was up to me, the 28th amendment would say Congress shall make no law denying one's right to marry on the basis of sexual orientation.

I am against beastiality. I am against polygamy. But I see no reason why two consenting adults who vote, pay taxes and are productive members of society can't get married, no matter what sex. This is not a states' issue. This is a civil rights issue and I think something is messed up when we give amnesty and benefits to illegals and yet some of our own citizens don't get their civil rights they are entitled to.

Also no one should be discriminated in marriage in regardes to race, religion, national origin or any other protected status.

MadMan1978
01-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Your thoughts

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-governor-supports-gay-marriage-law-041810012.html

I was wondering what your thoughts are....

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 10:46 AM

I agree. although not all states have alimony laws. I'd assume if alimony is on the books in a state then one of the partners may fight for it should a same sex couple divorces.

I love this. Slowly but surely the number of states where it's recognized keeps growing. Baby steps but at least there is progress.

mrveggieman
01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I was wondering what your thoughts are....

Consenting adults should be afforded all of the same rights equally regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, disability, etc. If an action is immoral but does not hurt anyone against their will it is God's actions to judge not ours.

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM

beastiality is a HUGE HUGE leap away from same sex marriage. I'm not saying you said it wasn't, but some like to bring this up when defending laws prohibiting same sex marriage. It's completely apples and oranges if you ask me.

As for polygamy, I'm not sure about that. I don't have an issue with it as long as it's consenting adults. I guess maybe you could argue people would marry to get some of the tax benefits, etc that comes with legal marriage, but heterosexual couple can and do that now. My opinion on that is still forming.

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Consenting adults should be afforded all of the same rights equally regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, disability, etc. If an action is immoral but does not hurt anyone against their will it is God's actions to judge not ours.

the major thing is... Who is it immoral too? Everyone has different morals and one set of morals shouldn't be legislated upon and entire country who has the right to choosing what ever religion they want. I've never comprehended the argument that homosexuality is said to be wrong in the bible so therefore we need a law outlawing same sex marriage. it's two completely different realms.

mrveggieman
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
the major thing is... Who is it immoral too? Everyone has different morals and one set of morals shouldn't be legislated upon and entire country who has the right to choosing what ever religion they want. I've never comprehended the argument that homosexuality is said to be wrong in the bible so therefore we need a law outlawing same sex marriage. it's two completely different realms.

Religion eg the Bible, Koran, etc does say that homesexuality is immoral. However I understand that everyone does not go by those standards and should not be legally be compelled to follow those standards.

Triple Peanut
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
life is short. if it doesn't hurt anyone else, let people do what makes them happy. nuff said

MadMan1978
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I support this and everything that goes with it...
MORE states need to do this

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Religion eg the Bible, Koran, etc does say that homesexuality is immoral. However I understand that everyone does not go by those standards and should not be legally be compelled to follow those standards.

exactly.

BGT Masters
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
beastiality is a HUGE HUGE leap away from same sex marriage. I'm not saying you said it wasn't, but some like to bring this up when defending laws prohibiting same sex marriage. It's completely apples and oranges if you ask me.

As for polygamy, I'm not sure about that. I don't have an issue with it as long as it's consenting adults. I guess maybe you could argue people would marry to get some of the tax benefits, etc that comes with legal marriage, but heterosexual couple can and do that now. My opinion on that is still forming.

I'm with you as well on this one. Same sex marriage never bothered me, nor does polygamy. If its between adults and they love each other who are we to tell them its wrong. Marriage obviously isn't until death do us part, and many people are married multiple times in their life.
I never understood why people aren't allowed to be married to more than one person at the same time but can be married as many times as they want in a lifetime. If gay marriage is legal, so should polygamy. I have no issue with either if done for the right reasons. Consulting adults no matter their sex or whatever, should have every right that a married man and woman have.
I don't need the bible or laws to tell me whats wrong or right, we all have our own moral compass to point us in the right direction. Though they differ from person to person, my opinions above are what I think are morally right.

BGT Masters
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Bingo. Me personally believes that if you're truly a good person God will embrace you for who you are, not what sex you chose to love.

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm with you as well on this one. Same sex marriage never bothered me, nor does polygamy. If its between adults and they love each other who are we to tell them its wrong. Marriage obviously isn't until death do us part, and many people are married multiple times in their life.
I never understood why people aren't allowed to be married to more than one person at the same time but can be married as many times as they want in a lifetime. If gay marriage is legal, so should polygamy. I have no issue with either if done for the right reasons. Consulting adults no matter their sex or whatever, should have every right that a married man and woman have.
I don't need the bible or laws to tell me whats wrong or right, we all have our own moral compass to point us in the right direction. Though they differ from person to person, my opinions above are what I think are morally right.

heck, I don't even think you need to add love into the equation. If they want to enter into a partnership for whatever motive they should have that right. legally marriage is a lot like a business deal. as far as the state is concerned it shouldn't who or why they are getting married.

Star_Cards
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Bingo. Me personally believes that if you're truly a good person God will embrace you for who you are, not what sex you chose to love.

that's the feeling that I get when hearing about how the christian god is. I wouldn't follow a religion whose god thought homosexuals were evil and hell bound. makes no sense considering stories where murderers and child molesters are said to have been forgiving after they've been caught and have "found" jesus.