PDA

View Full Version : FBI data shows spike in firearms purchases

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 11:04 AM
If it pleases the mods I would like to discuss this if everyone can be adult about this topic. If not please delete.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-data-shows-spike-firearm-purchases-2011-045125172.html

pghin08
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I have no problem with record numbers of background checks, I'll say that much.

ensbergcollector
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
people are buying guns. why couldn't we discuss it like adults?

tsjct
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Background checks are a MUST. When i go to buy a gun i am more than happy to wait the time for my background check.

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
people are buying guns. why couldn't we discuss it like adults?

I would think that we could all have an adult discussion about gun purchases but some people got their feathers ruffled about the story on the young lady in Oklahoma who shot and killed the intuder in her house who was trying to attack her and her 3 month old baby so I wanted to make sure that everyone was on board. You know how much I hate to offend anyone on the P&R board.

ensbergcollector
01-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I would think that we could all have an adult discussion about gun purchases but some people got the feathers ruffled about the story about the young lady in Oklahoma who shot and killed the intuder in her house who was trying to attack her and her 3 month old baby so I wanted to make sure that everyone was on board. You know how much I hate to offend anyone on the P&R board.

gotcha. totally understand!

pghin08
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Background checks are a MUST. When i go to buy a gun i am more than happy to wait the time for my background check.

Totally the way it should be. The vast majority of gun owners are good and responsible people just exercising their rights!

duane1969
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
A) It will not be a problem for this to be discussed. The other thread will be reopened soon. I just wanted to slow things down in that thread until a matter can be resolved.

B) Background checks are required more now than ever. Some states have increased restrictions requiring background checks for all gun purchases. I have purchased two guns in the last 4 months and had to do a background check for both, one was a tactical rifle and the other a handgun. Previously the tactical rifle would not have required a background check. So part of the spike may be because of increased restrictions and not an increase in gun purchases.