PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich: I will tell Black people to demand work instead of welfare

mrveggieman
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Really Newt??

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/newt-gingrich-i-will-tell-black-people-to-demand-work-instead-of-welfare.php

pghin08
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Newt Gingrich: "I will continue to have a massive superiority complex and will say more and more outlandish things as my poll numbers drop. Excuse me while I go and cheat on my current wife."

duane1969
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Old white guys :rolleyes:

I had to laugh. Apparently he is going to the NAACP and just tell them how to do it and suddenly it will all make sense. How could all of these years have passed when it was easy as just having Newt tell us to do it?

I like the janitors idea tho. I am sure someone will balk at it and try to imply that it is racist thinking that blacks should be the cleaning guy, but public school janitors make good money, get health benefits, paid vacation and sick days and retirement. When I was in college I worked part-time as a substitute school janitor and made $95 a day, full-timers start at $112 a day. $500 a week to push a broom and clean windows is pretty decent money IMO and with years of experience that goes up. I know a guy that has been a janitor in our school system for about 30 years and he makes $60k a year.

cavaliersfan30
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
It is a job no one wants to do....

INTIMADATOR2007
01-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Everybody should have the goal of making a paycheck rather than waiting on food stamps.. Why is Newt having a hard time promoting a lifestyle of hard work equals good pay instead of making a living off the government..ie..your nieghbor . That use to be the American Dream . Now is the american dream to wake up and going to the mailbox to get your gov. funded check . All Newt wants people to do is work for what they recieve , I cant imagine when that became a problem . With the food stamp roll being at an all time high in the last couple years everybody should want people to work for what they get ..

TheGrapher
01-06-2012, 12:04 AM
There are people who abuse the program and that is unfortunate but I have no problem with the government giving extra assistance to those that actually need it.

mrveggieman
01-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Everybody should have the goal of making a paycheck rather than waiting on food stamps.. Why is Newt having a hard time promoting a lifestyle of hard work equals good pay instead of making a living off the government..ie..your nieghbor . That use to be the American Dream . Now is the american dream to wake up and going to the mailbox to get your gov. funded check . All Newt wants people to do is work for what they recieve , I cant imagine when that became a problem . With the food stamp roll being at an all time high in the last couple years everybody should want people to work for what they get ..

I have no problem with people working for a living either. It is not the fact that people should be going out to work instead of milking the system but what was insensitive and downright disrespectful was that newt had to single Black people out like we are the only ones who gets welfare even though we all know that everyone's hands are in the cookie jar. Because of statements like that is why america cannot afford to have an idiot like newt as president.