PDA

View Full Version : lambeauleap87's 2012 In Person Success Thread

lambeauleap87
01-10-2012, 05:05 PM
So I haven't started any 'graphing for 2012 yet, but my first opportunity is on Saturday (1/14/12), courtesy of a tip from D.J.Williams55. Three Buckeyes (Andrew Sweat, Tyler Moeller, and Mike...

lambeauleap87
01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
First four of the year today...went to a signing at 4th & Goal in Burbank, Ohio today. Was planning on seeing Tyler Moeller, Andrew Sweat, and Mike Brewster. Nate Ebner was also there announced. For $25, I got all four of them to sign for me. I had programs for all but Ebner (photos upon request; can't scan them...). All were very cool, especially Moeller. Here's the Ebner:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Ebner.jpg

Next signing I'll be attending will be February 4, also in Burbank...Devier Posey and Dan "Boom" Herron! I'll take consignments, just as long as you pay the fee for them ($15 for Boom, $10 for Posey) and shipping. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the huge photo, but it's an epic picture and I wanted to show it off.

saketm
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
great photo!

lambeauleap87
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
great photo!

Thanks!

For those interested, it looks like my next event will be the Tribe On Tour Indians caravan on 1/28...guys that should be there include Jason Kipnis, Vinnie Pestano, Len Barker, Manny Acta, and a number of others.

lambeauleap87
01-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Great day at the Tribe on Tour today in Akron...met Dillon (Vladfan27) from here and a number of other great people...here's my haul from the day, with some help:

First up, a Len Barker signed baseball with his Perfect Game Inscription:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Barker.jpg

Next, two cards signed by Jason Donald...didn't turn out great, but look better than they scanned:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Donald.jpg

Then Shelley Duncan signed program that I've had for awhile:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Duncan.jpg

Manny Acta signed program...I got two of these done:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Acta.jpg

Finally, the piece of the day...
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Kip-1.jpg

Totals for the day:
Lenny Barker 2/2 (ROMLB, Indians Newsletter featuring a photo of Barker & my Grandfather)
Shelley Duncan 1/2 (Program; gave away a card)
Jason Donald 2/3 (two cards, gave one other away)
Jason Kipnis 1/1 (Big Sexy 8x10)
Manny Acta 2/2 (Programs from Ervin Santana's no hitter)

Also got an ROMLB signed by the following:
Josh Tomlin
Vinnie Pestano
Jack Hannahan
Super Joe Charboneau

My mother got the ball signed since my friend bailed, she was along for the ride...she even got slightly upset with Joe for signing my ball in Sharpie since she knows it doesn't hold very well. I love my mother...ball still looks great! She also got the second Acta program done.

All in all, it was an awesome day...got a lot of leftover stuff finished up and some very cool pieces. Definitely worth all the waiting! What do you guys think?

TTMcardMaster
01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Gotta prep those cards! The gold on the 8x10 also looks pretty sweet.

lambeauleap87
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Gotta prep those cards! The gold on the 8x10 also looks pretty sweet.

Thanks! Those actually were prepped, believe it or not. The Topps one looks pretty flawless in person, but the Bowman is kinda iffy. They weren't using the best pens/markers...

D.J.Williams55
01-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Those look great man

lambeauleap87
02-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Was going to the Boom Herron/Devier Posey signing today, but their rules for what they would and wouldn't sign managed to tick me off, so I said screw it. After a little searching for other signings, I saw that Sweat, Moeller, and Ebner would be signing about ten minutes from my house, along with Joe Bauserman. Didn't need the first three, but did need Bauserman...

Joe Bauserman 1/1 Signed Program

That's it for the day; cost me $10...I'll try to get a picture up before long. Overall, Bauserman wasn't too cool. Didn't look at me, aknowlege me, or sign where I asked him too. Oh well.

Next up for me will either be Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson on Friday, or the Twins at Spring Training end of February...

Autofreak2842
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
That sucks that he was kind of a prick. Especially for a paid signing. Atleast pretend to be friendly for the hour or two your being paid to be there.

lambeauleap87
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
That sucks that he was kind of a prick. Especially for a paid signing. Atleast pretend to be friendly for the hour or two your being paid to be there.

I know what you're talking about...especially when he was a back-up QB for all but four games of his career. Not like he was some superstar. But he wasn't even the starter.

lambeauleap87
02-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Big shout out to bigga for transferring me the free Cavs tickets he won...thanks to him, I'll be doing my first Cavs game of the year (against Sacramento) on Sunday night and saving at least $30 on tickets! Who should I 'graph? The Cavs or the Kings? Jimmer and Tyreke or Kyrie?

lambeauleap87
02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Got to do my first Cavs game tonight thanks to Bigga...they played the Kings. Goal for tonight was to get Tyreke, Jimmer, or Kyrie. Of course, I didn't get any of them but came away with a pretty nice haul nonetheless. Here's the recap...

Got in and headed to the Kings side. I saw Kyrie was out, so I decided I would do the Cavs until Irving went in. While waiting for him, I got the following Cavs:

Samardo Samuels 1/1
Ben Uzoh 1/1

Kyrie walked off the court and started signing...got to me, stopped, and ran in the locker room. Major ouch right there. Just barely missed him...that really sucked. After that, I didn't really need any of the Cavs, so I went back to the Kings. Here's how I did there:

Tyreke Evans 0/2 (faked an injury, said he'd come back)
John Salmons (ignored)
Jimmer Fredette 0/1 (was told he didn't sign)
Chuck Hayes 1/1 (smeared; threw it back in the stack as Evans was coming off)
Travis Outlaw 1/1 (ran with a bad Sharpie...)
Jason Thompson 1/2
Demarcus Cousins 1/1 :thumb:
Alex English 1/1 :party0048:

Cousins was skipping around a lot and didn't do many, so I was pretty happy to get him. English kept repeating "I only sign pictures," while managing to sign no more than one picture. He only signed two or three, so I was pretty psyched to add a tough Hall of Famer to my collection!

Other than Tyreke being dumb and just missing Kyrie, I did pretty darn well. But, man, there are so many dang dealers in Cleveland that it's almost not fun. I really don't like it, and don't blame guys for not signing. Kyrie walked off the court and was assaulted with at least 50 photos, posters, and basketballs. Poor kid. Same thing for Evans and Cousins. I really don't blame them.

Like I said though, seven autographs including a very talented young player and a Hall of Famer. I'm pretty dang happy for my first Cavs game of the year, but I'm not sure if I want to go back...

Samuels/Uzoh
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Gody.jpg

Kings
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Kings.jpg

CavFanatic31
02-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Nice English, he ignored me. Uzoh just got cut I heard after the game, but hopefully they go for Manny. Jimmer did sign, and he signed a ton actually lol. Don't worry you'll be back hahaha

lambeauleap87
02-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Nice English, he ignored me. Uzoh just got cut I heard after the game, but hopefully they go for Manny. Jimmer did sign, and he signed a ton actually lol. Don't worry you'll be back hahaha

I like Manny better anyway...little bummed that Jimmer did sign quite a bit. Still, like I said, I got him TTM and didn't have Kyrie, so I would do the same thing over again...why doesn't Jimmer play at all?

CavFanatic31
02-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Isaiah Thomas has been playing really good lately. Jimmer was starting awhile while thornton/evans were out. Thomas started their last game nd played good so he pretty much got all of Jimmer's minutes today

lambeauleap87
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Next 'graphing event, and probably the last before Opening Day? Twins Spring Training this week for at least one day!

loki1230
02-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Nice NBA graphing. Wish I could do some at MSG when I go on Wednesday, but I'm doubtful of being able to get down to the floor and haven't found much else on graphing there pre and post-game. Good luck on Twins spring training, the mood down there is so awesome!

lambeauleap87
02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Nice NBA graphing. Wish I could do some at MSG when I go on Wednesday, but I'm doubtful of being able to get down to the floor and haven't found much else on graphing there pre and post-game. Good luck on Twins spring training, the mood down there is so awesome!

Yeah, I imagine that MSG isn't too fan friendly...that's gotta be a bummer as a 'grapher. Worth a shot though, eh? Pretty excited to get a chance to get autographs at Spring Training. Joe Mauer and Paul Molitor are the big guns I'm after!

lambeauleap87
02-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, had a great day 'graphing the Twins in Fort Myers and meeting up with jyosi. Came away with 20+ autographs (nice!) and some nice names...unfortunately, there's one new player to add on the ultimate "jerk" list: Joe Mauer. For being listed as ESPN's nicest athlete, he's worthless. I follow him around for FOUR HOURS while he practiced and he said he's signed at the end. Then, instead of signing, he went to do interviews. After the interviews, he just blew us off. Hope he goes back to catcher and blows his knee out...

Despite not getting Mauer (and now I have an extra ROMLB...yay.), I still had a great day. Here's the results, to be scanned when I get home:

On a Roster Sheet (my mom got it signed for me...lucky guy, I know)

Drew Butera
Carl Pavano
Liam Hendricks
Terry Doyle
Scott Diamond
Jeff Manship
Kyle Waldrop
PJ Walters
Casey Fien

On a Target Field 8x10 (got it done myself)

Ryan Doumit
Brian Dinkelman
Jamey Carroll
Denard Span
Ray Chang
Rick Anderson
Brian Dozier
Michael Hollimon
JR Towles
Josh Willingham
Drew Butera
Tsuyoshi Nishioka
Ben Revere
Tony Oliva

Overall, a very good day (minus Mauer). Some very good names, some cool people, and a great day. Butera, Nishioka, Revere, and Oliva are all guys I'm psyched to have. Can't wait to get home and post my photos!

Autofreak2842
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
LMAO! Mauer is loved by Twins fans, but I agree he's a prick. I used to like him, but the only time I've ever seen him pick up a pen is at Twinsfest and that is like $25 an auto. It used to be $15...

Autofreak2842
02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
P.S. Revere is a beast, and a great guy.

lambeauleap87
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Joe let a lot of people down today...which is a bummer, because there were a ton of people that wanted him more than anything. The coolest guys were definitely Oliva (who I'm now supporting for...

jmmyboy
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
is mauer supposed to sign every day? didn't realize autographs were a part of his contract.

Autofreak2842
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
is mauer supposed to sign every day? didn't realize autographs were a part of his contract.

No, but that's not the point. Like I stated above I have never seen the guy pick up a pen, besides at Twinsfest which is a paid event. The point is when someone goes all the way to Florida (which isn't cheap) to get a certain player or players, it can be disappointing for the person. The guy isn't as fantastic as all the the die hard Twins fans think.

Besides, it might as well be in his contract to sign every day, since he never plays more than 40 games a year.

CavFanatic31
02-29-2012, 05:54 PM

You mean the contract that gives him $23 million per year? Hmm, I guess that's not enough money to entice him to pick up a pen for 5 minutes for the fans that support him and pretty much get him that money... or maybe he's just a jerk

Chicagodave
02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
The thing is , the people who sell autographs and ask for multiples ruin it for the REAL fans. It's frustrating because a real fan wants an autograph and other's ruin it for them

jyosi
02-29-2012, 06:14 PM
I was there with lambeau that day and the part that is frustrating is that Joe said at least 5 times "I'll get you at the end." Then at the end of practice he didn't sign a single item. If he would have said "I'm not signing today," instead of leading people on all day it would still be frustrating, but he wouldn't have been a liar.

Now, I know guys say later all the time and then never sign. I always thought Joe was different though. He has signed a lot down here in the past and I saw him sign a few 4 days ago down here. I don't think he is a bad guy, but the reputation he has as a great guy combined with him leading people on all day can really sting if you had your hopes high and were visiting for just 1 day of spring training. To make it worse there were only about 10 people still waiting after his interviews were finished and he literally walked a foot away from us.

CavFanatic31
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah I'd rather have a player give a straight no. Nearly every time I go graphing someone fakes an injury or says they'll come back/sign later.

lambeauleap87
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah I'd rather have a player give a straight no. Nearly every time I go graphing someone fakes an injury or says they'll come back/sign later.

Definitely...if you don't want to sign an autograph, you don't have to. I asked Paul Molitor to sign before practice and he said, "I don't really feel like signing right now, but if you see me at the end of the day, I might." Okay, thanks for not lying.

I was there with lambeau that day and the part that is frustrating is that Joe said at least 5 times "I'll get you at the end." Then at the end of practice he didn't sign a single item. If he would have said "I'm not signing today," instead of leading people on all day it would still be frustrating, but he wouldn't have been a liar.

Now, I know guys say later all the time and then never sign. I always thought Joe was different though. He has signed a lot down here in the past and I saw him sign a few 4 days ago down here. I don't think he is a bad guy, but the reputation he has as a great guy combined with him leading people on all day can really sting if you had your hopes high and were visiting for just 1 day of spring training. To make it worse there were only about 10 people still waiting after his interviews were finished and he literally walked a foot away from us.

Thanks for commenting, Joe...like I said above, if you don't want to sign, then don't sign. But Mauer led us on all day. Heck, a guy asked Joe before practice, "Can you sign this ball and make it out to my grandson? He idolizes you." To which Mauer replied: "Sure, I'll sign it here after practice." And it was much of the same.

If he knew he had to do interviews, then he could've signed in the morning or between drills...but then he walked away from less than a dozen of us because of what, after promising all day he'd sign? That's what rubbed me the wrong way, and he lost a fan. He needs to take a lesson in fan interaction from Ben Revere or Tony Oliva.

gladdyontherise
02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Agree with lambeau. If Mauer didn't want to sign, he should've just said that, instead of saying "I'll do it at the end".

I'm not suprised though, there wasn't a camera on him.

lambeauleap87
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Agree with lambeau. If Mauer didn't want to sign, he should've just said that, instead of saying "I'll do it at the end".

I'm not suprised though, there wasn't a camera on him.

Actually, there was when he didn't sign between practice and the interviews...that's why we REALLY thought he'd sign.

lambeauleap87
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Here's a scan of the 8x10...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Twins.jpg

You like? I love getting photos like this signed...

CavFanatic31
03-03-2012, 07:48 PM
nice idea

lambeauleap87
03-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Big week or so coming up for me...an Ohio State signing on Saturday, then two baseball games in three days.

It's almost baseball season! Feel great, can't wait.

lambeauleap87
03-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Now former Ohio State running back and 2012 Draft prospect Dan "Boom" Herron did a signing today at the Marion County Fairgrounds Home & Garden show...no restrictions on this signing, so I paid the fee and got my photo signed:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Herron.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Niels50
03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Now former Ohio State running back and 2012 Draft prospect Dan "Boom" Herron did a signing today at the Marion County Fairgrounds Home & Garden show...no restrictions on this signing, so I paid the fee and got my photo signed:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Herron.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out!

How much did that cost you?

bronxbomber33
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Wow, that photo looks great!!

lambeauleap87
03-31-2012, 07:07 PM
How much did that cost you?

$10, plus about a dollar for the photo at Sam's Club...

Wow, that photo looks great!!

Thanks!

lambeauleap87
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Getting ready to head to Huntington Park for Opening Day!

bronxbomber33
04-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Getting ready to head to Huntington Park for Opening Day!

Good luck!!

lambeauleap87
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
For the first time ever, I got SHUT OUT tonight. There was a ring presentation before the game, so none of the Clippers warmed-up until right before the game started and no one signed. Real bummer.

Going to the Indians game on Saturday, though, and probably another Clippers game on Monday or Tuesday.

Autofreak2842
04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
For the first time ever, I got SHUT OUT tonight. There was a ring presentation before the game, so none of the Clippers warmed-up until right before the game started and no one signed. Real bummer.

Going to the Indians game on Saturday, though, and probably another Clippers game on Monday or Tuesday.

It happens. Baseball seems to be getting tougher and tougher to graph every year. I used to go to Twins games and get 2, 3, sometimes 4 signatures a game, right before warm ups, but I haven't gotten anything at a Twins game since 2007. Been to plenty of games, too.

Hopefully things will get better as the season continues, good luck!

lambeauleap87
04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
It happens. Baseball seems to be getting tougher and tougher to graph every year. I used to go to Twins games and get 2, 3, sometimes 4 signatures a game, right before warm ups, but I haven't gotten anything at a Twins game since 2007. Been to plenty of games, too.

Hopefully things will get better as the season continues, good luck!

Yeah, I knew it was Opening Day and would be tough anyway. Once I realized they weren't going to warm up, it didn't really bother me. It was epic giveaway night, too, so I got a bunch of free stuff, haha. Tribe game tomorrow, Clippers game early next week, so I'll make up for it.

lambeauleap87
04-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Rebounded from my Opening Day shutout in Columbus with a very solid day in Cleveland today at the Blue Jays/Indians game...I picked this game because I really want Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, and Omar Vizquel. So obviously, I 'graphed the Jays pregame, only to miss Michael Brantley and Asdrubal Cabrera signing on the Indians side. :mmph: Right before the National Anthems though, I got my only pregame autograph...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Omar.jpg
Omar Vizquel 1/1 ROMLB SS :thumb:

Also snagged a ball on an overthrow during warm-ups, but chose to be the bigger person and give it back to the Jays. Made for a great day already. Got too watch a great game that went extra innings, even though the Tribe lost. After that, headed to the players parking lot and didn't doo too bad!

Joe Smith 1/1 The Autograph Card
Chris Perez 1/1 '09 Topps
Ubaldo Jimenez 2/2 '11 Heritage and '11 Topps Opening Day :thumb:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Cleveland.jpg

Been wanting Ubaldo for the Indians collection, and it was great to add him after such a great outing...he actually pitched really well today! 6+ innings of not hit ball and a quality start...sweet! I missed out on Jason Kipnis and Shin-Soo Choo in the parking lot because of the dealer scum in Cleveland, but it's alright since I already have both of them...

Great day overall adding Omar (Future Hall of Famer), Joe Smith (personal favorite), and Ubaldo Jimenez (hopeful ace), and seeing a great game with a home run from my favorite player (Kipnis). Next up? Columbus for some revenge 'graphing on Tuesday!

Sorry for the giant/crappy Omar photo...it's from my iPod.

CavFanatic31
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Nice stuff, the Ubaldos look nice. He pitched great today surprisingly

what did the ebay dealers do? I saw pregame there were a TON of people over there

lambeauleap87
04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice stuff, the Ubaldos look nice. He pitched great today surprisingly

what did the ebay dealers do? I saw pregame there were a TON of people over there

It was packed over there for Omar...he skipped a lot, surprisingly. The dealers didn't do anything pregame, but some little kids almost got hurt in the parking lot after the game because the dealers were crushing everyone against the fence.

CavFanatic31
04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
sheesh no surprise there

bronxbomber33
04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Both of the Ubaldo cards look really great!!!

lambeauleap87
04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Both of the Ubaldo cards look really great!!!

Thanks! Not a great day number wise, but Jimenez and especially Vizquel made it a great day.

Unfortunately won't be going to another Clippers game for a couple weeks, it looks like...I was planning on going tomorrow night, but it's supposed to be about 40 and rainy. Not fun to watch in that weather, and it's sure not fun to 'graph. On top of that, the Cilps go on an eleven game road trip after this series...oh well. Hopefully not too many guys will get the call-up before the Pawtucket series at the end of the month...

TIGSfan013
04-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I know who your exactly talking about they come to michigan when a good signing team up here. There so crazy about getting players. Running over people is no big deal to them and have you seen the chicago dealers gosh thats worse.

Rudickulous
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Rebounded from my Opening Day shutout in Columbus with a very solid day in Cleveland today at the Blue Jays/Indians game...I picked this game because I really want Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, and Omar Vizquel. So obviously, I 'graphed the Jays pregame, only to miss Michael Brantley and Asdrubal Cabrera signing on the Indians side. :mmph: Right before the National Anthems though, I got my only pregame autograph...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Omar.jpg
Omar Vizquel 1/1 ROMLB SS :thumb:

Also snagged a ball on an overthrow during warm-ups, but chose to be the bigger person and give it back to the Jays. Made for a great day already. Got too watch a great game that went extra innings, even though the Tribe lost. After that, headed to the players parking lot and didn't doo too bad!

Joe Smith 1/1 The Autograph Card
Chris Perez 1/1 '09 Topps
Ubaldo Jimenez 2/2 '11 Heritage and '11 Topps Opening Day :thumb:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Cleveland.jpg

Been wanting Ubaldo for the Indians collection, and it was great to add him after such a great outing...he actually pitched really well today! 6+ innings of not hit ball and a quality start...sweet! I missed out on Jason Kipnis and Shin-Soo Choo in the parking lot because of the dealer scum in Cleveland, but it's alright since I already have both of them...

Great day overall adding Omar (Future Hall of Famer), Joe Smith (personal favorite), and Ubaldo Jimenez (hopeful ace), and seeing a great game with a home run from my favorite player (Kipnis). Next up? Columbus for some revenge 'graphing on Tuesday!

Sorry for the giant/crappy Omar photo...it's from my iPod.

Small world buddy. Went to the same game on the Indians side and got shunned by almost everybody. My girlfriend and I managed to get Shelley Duncan, but that was it. Snagged her a ball from Casey Kotchman though later...hit me up next time you go to a game!

lambeauleap87
04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I know who your exactly talking about they come to michigan when a good signing team up here. There so crazy about getting players. Running over people is no big deal to them and have you seen the chicago dealers gosh thats worse.

Never understood it, either...that baseball you just pushed three kids to get signed by Chris Perez? That's worth about the price of the ball. Some people have no integrity...

Small world buddy. Went to the same game on the Indians side and got shunned by almost everybody. My girlfriend and I managed to get Shelley Duncan, but that was it. Snagged her a ball from Casey Kotchman though later...hit me up next time you go to a game!

You weren't able to get Asdrubal or Brantley? I saw they both signed, but it was too crowded by that time for me to even want to bother...Omar was the only Jay that signed, for what it's worth.

Do you ever 'graph the parking lot before/after?

Rudickulous
04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
One went towards the tarp, the other was near the dugout...i was in the middle with my gf getting Duncan...If I wouldn't of had her there, I may have stood a shot.

Rudickulous
04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Oh and also, no I have never done the parking lot after. I saw some people there though and looked kinda interesting. I may try to one game.

lambeauleap87
04-09-2012, 10:15 PM
One went towards the tarp, the other was near the dugout...i was in the middle with my gf getting Duncan...If I wouldn't of had her there, I may have stood a shot.

Oh and also, no I have never done the parking lot after. I saw some people there though and looked kinda interesting. I may try to one game.

Ahh, gotcha...the parking lot is pretty good getting, if you can handle the dealers. The guy I talked to before the game said Lowe, Cunningham, Masterson, Pestano, Kotchman, and Tomlin signed coming in. I know Choo, Smith, Jimenez, Kipnis, and Perez signed afterwards, and I only stay about half an hour. If you have any questions, I'm happy to help. Hoping to get back to a game in a couple weeks, but I can only go to Cleveland games on the weekend since I live two hours away...

TIGSfan013
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Yea with those dealers there its impossible to graph. Have you seen there ebay man they get anything they can get signed.

lambeauleap87
04-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Yea with those dealers there its impossible to graph. Have you seen there ebay man they get anything they can get signed.

I saw one awhile ago, but it's been awhile...do you have a link? I'd like to see what they're up to. You can PM me it if you'd like.

Niels50
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I saw one awhile ago, but it's been awhile...do you have a link? I'd like to see what they're up to. You can PM me it if you'd like.

Please pm me a link im interested in seeing.

Rudickulous
04-10-2012, 12:15 AM
what do these dealers do?

lambeauleap87
04-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Had a chance to meet now-former Ohio State Basketball star and upcoming NBA lottery pick Jared Sullinger at a signing in Columbus tonight...paid the fee, got my photo signed...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sulley-1.jpg

His girlfriend showed me the screensaver on her iPhone because it was the same picture that I got signed...pretty sweet. Also got a picture with him. Great kid, definitely worth the $20! Hope to see him do well in the NBA.

bronxbomber33
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Had a chance to meet now-former Ohio State Basketball star and upcoming NBA lottery pick Jared Sullinger at a signing in Columbus tonight...paid the fee, got my photo signed...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sulley-1.jpg

His girlfriend showed me the screensaver on her iPhone because it was the same picture that I got signed...pretty sweet. Also got a picture with him. Great kid, definitely worth the $20! Hope to see him do well in the NBA.

Wow, I am really jealous of that photo, he is one of my favorite basketball players. Very nice looking photo!!!

Vladfan27
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Nice Sullinger pick up! I should've tried to make it to one of the many signings he has been doing across the state. Oh well, I'm sure he'll return to Columbus for a signing down the road. Keep up the good work!

Autofreak2842
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Nice Sullinger! I personally think he should ofstayed atleast 1 more year, but he's still gonna be pretty good.

JerseyInk
04-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Looks great! What size photo?

lambeauleap87
04-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow, I am really jealous of that photo, he is one of my favorite basketball players. Very nice looking photo!!!

Thanks! I found it by accident, and then had to have it, haha...

Nice Sullinger pick up! I should've tried to make it to one of the many signings he has been doing across the state. Oh well, I'm sure he'll return to Columbus for a signing down the road. Keep up the good work!

He had four signings this weekend...busy weekend! With a couple months until the Draft, I'm sure he'll do some more in the area.

Nice Sullinger! I personally think he should ofstayed atleast 1 more year, but he's still gonna be pretty good.

Thanks! I don't think he's going to be a great pro because he's undersized by NBA standards, but you never know.

Looks great! What size photo?

Thanks...it's an 8x10.

lambeauleap87
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Nationals just ruined my day by calling Bryce Harper up...going to see the Clippers play Pawtucket on Sunday, though.

bronxbomber33
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Nationals just ruined my day by calling Bryce Harper up...going to see the Clippers play Pawtucket on Sunday, though.

Yeah I am kind of surprised that they called him up, I dont think he is ready. and for the graphing side, I just ordered another photo :( Hopefully he will be right back down when zimmerman gets off the DL.

lambeauleap87
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah I am kind of surprised that they called him up, I dont think he is ready. and for the graphing side, I just ordered another photo :( Hopefully he will be right back down when zimmerman gets off the DL.

He's not ready...that's for sure. Should've brought up Tyler Moore instead...I don't think he'll be down again unless he really busts.

cyberer
04-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I was going to lehigh valley next week for harper too so I feel you. Horrible baseball move for them and horrible graphing move for us.

Vladfan27
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I was going to lehigh valley next week for harper too so I feel you. Horrible baseball move for them and horrible graphing move for us.

I agree that Harper isn't (100% MLB) ready and it is a major pain for all who had planned on graphing Harper while still in AAA, however, the Nationals will most likely sell out most of their home games for the foreseeable future as well as make millions in merchandising sales. Personnel wise it doesn't make entire sense, but on the business side it makes perfect sense.

EDIT: It could end up being a PR disaster if Harper fails majorly, the Nats had better hope he starts hitting like a madman.

cyberer
04-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree that Harper isn't (100% MLB) ready and it is a major pain for all who had planned on graphing Harper while still in AAA, however, the Nationals will most likely sell out most of their home games for the foreseeable future as well as make millions in merchandising sales. Personnel wise it doesn't make entire sense, but on the business side it makes perfect sense.

EDIT: It could end up being a PR disaster if Harper fails majorly, the Nats had better hope he starts hitting like a madman.

Yeah but that profit was going to come regardless of when they call him up, so it's being short sighted to damage his potential for this year profit that they would have anyway.

Look at it this way if he pans out they have sell outs for a decade. If they damage his development and he busts then they get sellouts for a year or 2 then nothing. This is not a slam dunk business decision for that reason.

Vladfan27
04-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah but that profit was going to come regardless of when they call him up, so it's being short sighted to damage his potential for this year profit that they would have anyway.

Look at it this way if he pans out they have sell outs for a decade. If they damage his development and he busts then they get sellouts for a year or 2 then nothing. This is not a slam dunk business decision for that reason.

Good point. For whatever reason they must think he is ready right now. Maybe he'll be more apt to sign autographs now that he's called up, but it's hard to tell. Is there anyone on the boards who IP's the Nationals?

lambeauleap87
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Good current business move, but maybe not for the future...still, the only ones really happy this have to be the guys at Topps. Every product just got more desireable.

And if anyone thinks Harper will sign another autograph at a stadium, they're crazy. He was "Big League" in the minors; no chance in hell he signs more than a couple, even if he gets sent back down.

gladdyontherise
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Guy's..He's 19. Why are we talking about him being a bust?

Besides, lambeau's just mad he can't profit off of Harper now :): (I'm obviously kidding about that)

lambeauleap87
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Guy's..He's 19. Why are we talking about him being a bust?

Besides, lambeau's just mad he can't profit off of Harper now :): (I'm obviously kidding about that)

Same reason we talk about him being a star; you never know what could happen.

And hey, not going to lie...if I, by some miracle, had landed more than one Harper, it probably would've been traded/sold. A Harper ROMLB could pay for a lot of Clippers games.

gladdyontherise
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Same reason we talk about him being a star; you never know what could happen.

And hey, not going to lie...if I, by some miracle, had landed more than one Harper, it probably would've been traded/sold. A Harper ROMLB could pay for a lot of Clippers games.

Calling him up though and him struggling for a couple weeks will not kill his career. Now if they give him the Brandon Belt treatment, THAT could kill him, but the Nationals aren't dumb enough to do that.

lambeauleap87
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Another rough night in Columbus...just had horrible luck so far this season. After getting shut out on Opening Day (which was almost expected), I went back tonight. Not a great night at all. It wasn't that guys weren't signing, it was that a bunch of six year olds from some Mongolian Barbecue event had to take up the only spots for easy 'graphing for the last twenty minutes before game time. Lonnie Chisenhall didn't play/warm-up, so no luck there either. Still came away with these though:

Andy LaRoche 2/2 Cards
Cord Phelps 1/1 Card
Chad Huffman 1/1 Card (tough signature to get!)
Luke Carlin 1/1 Clippers Sign

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Clippers.jpg

Very happy with how they all turned out, and happy to get all of these guys...but still. Was hoping for a bit more. Went to 'graph after the game and there are new rules about how far away you have to be from the building. Plus, there were a bunch of creepy, old dealers standing around so I went home. Overall, a disappointment but not a horrible night. Might go back Thursday and hope for some normalcy...

gonzoblue
04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Good current business move, but maybe not for the future...still, the only ones really happy this have to be the guys at Topps. Every product just got more desireable.

And if anyone thinks Harper will sign another autograph at a stadium, they're crazy. He was "Big League" in the minors; no chance in hell he signs more than a couple, even if he gets sent back down.

well he signed both days...

http://goo.gl/qqf7U Saturday debut and he signed today

lambeauleap87
04-29-2012, 08:17 PM
well he signed both days...

http://goo.gl/qqf7U Saturday debut and he signed today

I saw that...couldn't believe it, honestly.

lambeauleap87
05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
If anyone needs Andy Laroche, let me know...I'm out of stuff for him, aside from team pieces.

Rudickulous
05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I saw that...couldn't believe it, honestly.

Maybe its just certain days, but Harper is not as big of a dick as people make him out to be. In Akron, he signed down the line for sooo many kids and people. The only thing that people may get mad about is that he personalized autos for people, which is smart because then people can't just turn around and sell or trade these items. He seemed like a legitimately nice person in my experience

lambeauleap87
05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Missed the Pepsi Max Field of Dreams event in Columbus last night due to prior obligations...that really stings. Some names that were there include Ozzie Smith, Rickey Henderson, Johnny Bench, Wade Boggs, and Rod Carew. Ouch...

Two Clippers games this week, though.

lambeauleap87
05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
While I won't be seeing Bryce Harper this week, my 'graphing just got a whole lot better...who got called up to Columbus?

The Man. The Legend. Eric Berger.

Coolest player in baseball.

autocollectr79
05-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Missed the Pepsi Max Field of Dreams event in Columbus last night due to prior obligations...that really stings. Some names that were there include Ozzie Smith, Rickey Henderson, Johnny Bench, Wade Boggs, and Rod Carew. Ouch...

Two Clippers games this week, though.

i wish you wouldnt have posted this lol
i was bored all day yesterday and wouldve went if i knew about it

they do this every yr?

lambeauleap87
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
i wish you wouldnt have posted this lol
i was bored all day yesterday and wouldve went if i knew about it

they do this every yr?

No, I guess it was a special event. Someone won a contest, I believe, and got to choose where the game would be held. They chose Huntington Park. :frusty:

lambeauleap87
05-16-2012, 11:09 PM
FINALLY had a good day 'graphing the Clippers today...felt good. Hit double digits for the first time in 2012! :cool: I did the Clippers against the Syracuse Chiefs tonight...this was originally for Bryce Harper & Tyler Moore, but that didn't work out. So I did the Clippers tonight and I'm not sure what the plan is for Friday's game yet. Here's how I did:

Syracuse Manager Tony Beasley 1/1 The Autograph Card
Ezequiel Carrera 2/2 Cards
Jason Donald 3/3 Cards
Chris Ray 4/4 3 cards, 1 Clippers Sign
Andy Laroche 1/1 8x10

Missed Matt Laporta and Cord Phelps because there were a bunch of little kids around that I didn't feel like or want to shuffle around. I got Beasley as he was talking to a friend on the Clippers side...Jason Donald, as you can see, has an AWFUL sig when doing multiples. The '10 Topps card was actually prepped, but turned out horrible because of his quick sig. Here are scans:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Laroche.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/ClippersCuse.jpg

Chris Ray is an awesome guy...he came up and asked if we wanted him to sign. First time I've had a player ask if he could sign for us. Overall, a pretty awesome day, especially how things have been going. I couldn't be happier, especially because I got all my Ray, Carrera, Donald, and Laroche stuff done! Would have had a Mark Teahen foul ball too, but got shoved in the back by a drunk guy. Oh well, it was still fun. Also got some great photos to have printed as 8x10's...all in all, awesome night!

acarter13
05-16-2012, 11:36 PM
How many do Matt LaPorta, Trevor Crowe and Andy Laroche sign per person? I'm going to the Clippers @ Chiefs game saturday and am trying to decide which team i should graph. By the way i love the collection!

gladdyontherise
05-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Nice job. Chris Ray was my favorite reliever in 2006 MLB The Show

lambeauleap87
05-16-2012, 11:40 PM
How many do Matt LaPorta, Trevor Crowe and Andy Laroche sign per person? I'm going to the Clippers @ Chiefs game saturday and am trying to decide which team i should graph. By the way i love the collection!

LaPorta is one per and pretty strict about it...I haven't gotten him this year. He's a bit of a jerk in the Minors. Haven't gotten Crowe yet either, as he's on the DL. Laroche has been signing everything put in front of him...overall, the Clippers are a pretty solid signing team. I'm trying to decide on whether or not to do the Clippers or Chiefs on Friday myself...and thanks for the compliment!

lambeauleap87
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Nice job. Chris Ray was my favorite reliever in 2006 MLB The Show

Thanks, Dan. I'm not really sure why, but he seemed like he really missed The Show tonight. I'd like to see him in Cleveland.

gladdyontherise
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks, Dan. I'm not really sure why, but he seemed like he really missed The Show tonight. I'd like to see him in Cleveland.

He couldn't be much worse than Asencio, right?

lambeauleap87
05-16-2012, 11:45 PM
He couldn't be much worse than Asencio, right?

No one is worse than Jairo Asencio.

Rudickulous
05-17-2012, 12:11 AM
No one is worse than Jairo Asencio.

Agreed. Nice Snags btw. Although I dont have much faith in Jason Donald, went to see him a few times in the bigs...guy just doesnt produce.:frusty:

cyberer
05-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Agreed. Nice Snags btw. Although I dont have much faith in Jason Donald, went to see him a few times in the bigs...guy just doesnt produce.:frusty:

Yeah, as a phils fan, when we made that cliff lee deal, I really felt like we were spinning crap into gold.

I know that the guys we gave were all reasonably well-known prospects, but I just never saw them as being impact MLB players- Donald especially. I felt like we hood-winked the Indians.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Good haul!

Vladfan27
05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
FINALLY had a good day 'graphing the Clippers today...felt good. Hit double digits for the first time in 2012! :cool: I did the Clippers against the Syracuse Chiefs tonight...this was originally for Bryce Harper & Tyler Moore, but that didn't work out. So I did the Clippers tonight and I'm not sure what the plan is for Friday's game yet. Here's how I did:

Syracuse Manager Tony Beasley 1/1 The Autograph Card
Ezequiel Carrera 2/2 Cards
Jason Donald 3/3 Cards
Chris Ray 4/4 3 cards, 1 Clippers Sign
Andy Laroche 1/1 8x10

Nice successes! Still hoping to get to Columbus and finish my team ball soon.

I don't know if you saw this e-mail from the Indians, but Joe Carter and Phil Niekro will be at Progressive Field this weekend for a meet-and-greet with fans. Unfortunately, I can't go. It's nice that they're announcing who will be signing in Heritage Park this year since they didn't last year.

lambeauleap87
05-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Thanks! I agree about Donald...he's a lot like Laporta in that he's a 4A player. Does very well in the Minors, but awful in the Big Leagues.

Yeah, as a phils fan, when we made that cliff lee deal, I really felt like we were spinning crap into gold.

I know that the guys we gave were all reasonably well-known prospects, but I just never saw them as being impact MLB players- Donald especially. I felt like we hood-winked the Indians.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Good haul!

Probably the worst trade of the Shapiro era. The guy got Carlos Santana for Casey Blake, but couldn't handle the big trades with Lee and Sabathia.

Nice successes! Still hoping to get to Columbus and finish my team ball soon.

I don't know if you saw this e-mail from the Indians, but Joe Carter and Phil Niekro will be at Progressive Field this weekend for a meet-and-greet with fans. Unfortunately, I can't go. It's nice that they're announcing who will be signing in Heritage Park this year since they didn't last year.

Thanks, Dillon...I was pretty happy with last night. No big names, but every player has been a big league player. I'd love to go to Cleveland this weekend, but with going to Columbus twice this week (going tomorrow, too), I won't be able to make it either. That's a bummer!

lambeauleap87
05-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Had an awesome night in Columbus tonight...more photos will come tomorrow, but I want to share one right now. Perfect night for baseball, and got some sweet signatures! Finally waited in the parking lot, but only for a few minutes. Here's the overall results:

Cord Phelps 1/1 8x10
Andy Laroche 1/1 8x10
Ezequiel Carrera 1/1 8x10
Chris Seddon 1/1 8x10
Cody Allen 1/1 Team 8x10
Reuben Niebla 1/1 Team 8x10

and my new favorite piece EVER:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/EricBerger.jpg

Eric Berger, my favorite player, Sweet Spotted ROMLB with "Berger King" inscription! I'm in love with this piece...just too cool. Overall, another great night piece-wise, even if not excellent in quantity. I'll share pictures of the 8x10's tomorrow, but had to share the Berger!

Vladfan27
05-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Had an awesome night in Columbus tonight...more photos will come tomorrow, but I want to share one right now. Perfect night for baseball, and got some sweet signatures! Finally waited in the parking lot, but only for a few minutes. Here's the overall results:

Cord Phelps 1/1 8x10
Andy Laroche 1/1 8x10
Ezequiel Carrera 1/1 8x10
Chris Seddon 1/1 8x10
Cody Allen 1/1 Team 8x10
Reuben Niebla 1/1 Team 8x10

and my new favorite piece EVER:

Eric Berger, my favorite player, Sweet Spotted ROMLB with "Berger King" inscription! I'm in love with this piece...just too cool. Overall, another great night piece-wise, even if not excellent in quantity. I'll share pictures of the 8x10's tomorrow, but had to share the Berger!

Great pickups! That's a sweet inscription. Very solid week of autographs, congrats!

EDIT: I figured you would check out the Hopalong Cassidy & Troy Smith signing at Cardboard Heroes at Polaris last night. I'm going to have to start a Buckeyes autograph collection if I moved to Columbus, there seems to be a few decent signings every month or two. I'm waiting for an Eddie George signing - favorite Buckeye of all-time.

lambeauleap87
05-20-2012, 07:05 PM
As promised, here are scans of the 8x10's I got signed on Friday night. I took all of the photos myself on Wednesday, in case you're wondering...

Chris Seddon
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Seddon.jpg

Cord Phelps
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Phelps.jpg

Andy Laroche
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Laroache.jpg

Ezequiel Carrera
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Carrera.jpg

Seddon was the starting pitcher on Wednesday, and the Carrera is of him running out his first home run of the season...only one I was really after and didn't get was Gregorio Petit. Sorry for the huge scans, but I'm too lazy to resize all of these. What do you guys think?

CavFanatic31
05-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice Carrera

lambeauleap87
05-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice Carrera

Thanks...I'm legit out of pieces and ideas for Carrera, Phelps, and Laroche. These guys are just too good of signers.

lambeauleap87
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Heading to Columbus tomorrow night with about fifty new cards...can't wait!

Rudickulous
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Good luck bro

lambeauleap87
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Had a GREAT night in Columbus last night...personal best for the season, and a personal high for cards! Beautiful night with my favorite player, Eric Berger, pitching and a great night of 'graphing. Here's the haul:

Corey Kluber 2/2 Cards
Zach McAllister 3/3 Cards
Chris Seddon 2/2 Cards (two of the same; scanned one)
Jared Goedert 2/2 Cards
Andy Laroche 2/3 Cards
Ezequiel Carrera 6/6 Cards (two of each)
Cord Phelps 1/1 4x6 (for Rudickulous)
Eric Berger 1/1 Clipper Snapback (awesome hat, awesome player)
Jason Donald 3/3 (1/3) Cards
Kevin Slowey 0/4, (1/0) Cards
Dan Wheeler 1/4 Cards

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Clips.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Clips2.jpg

Explanation on Donald and Slowey...I had three Jason Donald cards at the beginning of the night, two '12 Heritage and a Topps Team set card. Gave the Topps card to a kid who I was talking to that loved Jason Donald after getting it signed. Then in the parking lot, while getting Berger, I missed Slowey walk out. One of others there got four Sloweys, so he traded me one for the extra Donald Heritage.

Overall, pretty awesome night! Dan Wheeler is NOT a nice guy and doesn't even look like a baseball player...he's gotta way 300 pounds. Strictly one per and won't sign Rackrs or The Autograph Cards. I was just glad to get him, though! What do you guys think? All the extras are for trade...

Vladfan27
06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Awesome successes Andy, especially with the trades you were able to make!

CavFanatic31
06-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Nice successes... Goedert's been lighting it up

lambeauleap87
06-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Awesome successes Andy, especially with the trades you were able to make!

Thanks, Dillon...I was happy. I have somewhere around six other Donalds, so trading one away wasn't a big deal since I don't have Slowey yet!

Nice successes... Goedert's been lighting it up

Thanks! He's been tearing the cover off the ball lately...4-4 with two HR's and 9 RBI's the other night is ridiculous.

SLNoble13
06-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Very nice pick ups Andy! Gives me an idea on who will sign when they come to Durham

Was wondering if the Tristar Goedert card is for trade. Need it for my set.

Check out what I have available for trade:

http://www.sportscollectors.net/profile.aspx?un=SLNoble01

bronxbomber33
06-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I am interested in one of the regular topps update Cabreras.

lambeauleap87
06-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Very nice pick ups Andy! Gives me an idea on who will sign when they come to Durham

Was wondering if the Tristar Goedert card is for trade. Need it for my set.

Check out what I have available for trade:

http://www.sportscollectors.net/profile.aspx?un=SLNoble01

Thanks! They're a good signing team, generally. Russ Canzler, unfortunately, is the only one that has denied repeatedly. I'm hanging onto the Goedert for now, but he's a great signer. If you don't manage to get him, I'd be happy to help out.

I am interested in one of the regular topps update Cabreras.

Going to shoot you a PM...

lambeauleap87
06-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Looking forward to the next week of 'graphing...planning on 'graphing Lehigh Valley in Columbus this weekend (Ryne Sandberg) and then next Wednesday, I'm planning on going to Akron to see the Aeros play the Erie Seawolves (Nick Castellanos). Hoping to knock out a few Clippers and Aeros cards postgame, too...should be fun!

bob9826
06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Nick Castellanos Was a really cool guy last year when i saw him play, he was one per but he talked to me for a little bit and did 2 for me at once.

lambeauleap87
06-24-2012, 11:37 PM
HUGE night in Columbus against Lehigh Valley tonight...after nightmare traffic caused me to be ten minutes late, I got to the stadium and started 'graphing. I had a friend helping me, which was great for a couple occasions...here's how I did:

Pregame:

Kyle Hudson 2/2 Cards
Steve Susdorf 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
Kevin Frandsen 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
Ryne Sandberg 1/1, 1/1 ROMLB (w/ HOF '05 inscription!), 8x10 (had help)

Both from Sandberg look AWESOME. I'll have scans up tomorrow...that was it from pregame 'graphing, but I was okay with that since I got two from Sandberg! Game ended early so I hit up the parking lot afterwards...

Postgame:

Gregorio Petit 1/1 8x10
Scott Elarton 1/1 Card
Tom Cochran 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
JC Ramirez 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
Andres Blanco 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
Tyson Brummett 1/1 8x10 Logo Sheet
Ezequiel Carrera 3/3 Cards
Zach McAllister 3/3 Cards
Andy Laroche 2/2, 1/1 Cards (had help)
Trevor Crowe 2/2 Cards
Chris Seddon 1/1 Card
Dan Wheeler 1/1, 1/1 Cards (had help...he chewed me out for having my friend help. Scrub)
Eric Berger 1/1 Card
Matt LaPorta 1/1 Card
Chris Schwinden 2/2 Cards
Dominic Brown 3/3 Cards

So all-in-all, an absolutely awesome night! Sandberg makes any night great, then to add in great numbers with some great players makes it even better. I'm a little upset, though, that my Sharpie was different than my usual one and kept skipping/bubbling. Nothing too bad, though, thankfully! I'll have scans up in the morning, but I'm definitely psyched!

gladdyontherise
06-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Glad you ended up getting that Elarton signed after you said how bummed you were he was starting the game :sign0020:

Can't wait to see some scans!

lambeauleap87
06-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Scans from last night...sorry for the huge images; don't really wanna resize them all...

Gregorio Petit
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Petit.jpg

Logo Sheet
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/IronPigsLogo.jpg

Ryno
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sandberg.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/DomBrown.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Clips3.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Pigs.jpg

Sandberg ROMLB with Inscription
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/RynoBall.jpg

Vladfan27
06-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome stuff Andy!

lambeauleap87
06-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Made a trip to Canal Park, home of the Akron Aeros, for the first time in my life today...the Erie Seawolves were visiting and have two top prospects, Nick Castellanos and Bruce Rondon, that I wanted to add. Did pretty awesome! First time 'graphing AA, but it's really laid back and nice. Here's the haul:

Brandon Douglas 1/1 Tigers Team Card
Jordan Lennerton 1/1 Tigers Team Card
Cesar Carrillo 2/1 '05 Topps, Tigers Team Card (was given the Topps by another 'grapher)
Patrick Cooper 1/1 Tigers Team Card
Kenny Faulk 1/1 Tigers Team Card
Corey Jones 3/3 Bowman/Chrome/International Cards
Bruce Rondon 2/2 The Autograph Card, Tigers Team Card :cheer2:
Nick Castellanos 1/2, 1/1 8x10's :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Castellanos did one before the game, and said he'd get the other one after the game...which he did! Awesome kid, I think he's going to be a good one. Bruce Rondon though...WOW. That kid has a cannon for an arm. He'll be in the Majors soon!

Other notes...I tried Chick-Fil-A for the first time at the ballpark; easily the highlight of my day. I also caught my first ever foul ball from Roberto Perez! I love getting baseballs to give away to kids with gloves, so I gave that one away, too. Almost bought a cracked Juan Diaz bat (used in Cleveland!) for $25, but decided to pass on it...too bad it wasn't someone better!

That's it. Had an AWESOME day getting both of the guys I wanted and an overall awesome experience. Might have to head back! If you guys want scans of any cards, just let me know.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/NickCastellanos.jpg

gladdyontherise
06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Nice job! Good to see Castellanos got you twice :winking0071:

Riggs
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
wow, guess im late to the party.. I dont come in the ip seciton much, mainly because i dont do a lot of ip stuff but this will be a regular stop for me.

amazing stuff in here. Those rynos look great. You have been killing it with the ip stuff. very jealous. :confused0054:

Rudickulous
06-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Next time you go to Akron, give me a heads up. I would've stopped by too, but none of my buddies wanted to go so i stayed back.

Vladfan27
07-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Another great haul, Andy! I lived in Akron for 7 years and never 'graphed an Aeros game. Looks like I really missed out!

lambeauleap87
07-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice job! Good to see Castellanos got you twice :winking0071:

Thanks, Dan...you should get your stuff in the mail tomorrow.

wow, guess im late to the party.. I dont come in the ip seciton much, mainly because i dont do a lot of ip stuff but this will be a regular stop for me.

amazing stuff in here. Those rynos look great. You have been killing it with the ip stuff. very jealous. :confused0054:

Thanks, Rick! I'm lucky to be right in the middle of everything in Ohio...

Next time you go to Akron, give me a heads up. I would've stopped by too, but none of my buddies wanted to go so i stayed back.

Will do! It was kind of a last-minute thing whether I was going or not...in the end, Nick Castellanos got me to go, haha.

Another great haul, Andy! I lived in Akron for 7 years and never 'graphed an Aeros game. Looks like I really missed out!

Thanks, Dillon! That was all just pregame; it was too hot for me to want to stay around and 'graph afterwards. I want to do the Aeros, but all the top prospects usually come through AA.

lambeauleap87
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Just updating my thread here, making sure everything is okay with the new forum set up...I'll be seeing the Indianapolis Indians this weekend, mainly for Starling Marte, along with Tony Sanchez and a few others.

lambeauleap87
07-07-2012, 11:12 PM
I got to 'graph the Indianapolis Indians tonight in Columbus, and let me tell you...it was AWFUL. The temperature was in the hundreds all night, and I left during the sixth inning. The heat was absolutely miserable, which made for a long night. Fortunately, I had a pretty great night of 'graphing. Not a lot quantity-wise since I didn't stay for postgame, but it was all about quality. Here's what I came home with:

Indianapolis Indians:

Anderson Hernandez 1/1 Card (Turkey Red)
Chase D'Arnaud 3/3 Cards (two of the Heritage, one Bowman)
Jose Tabata 2/3 Cards (Gypsy Queen, Topps Opening Day...not a nice guy)
Tony Sanchez 2/2 1 8x10, 1 Card (Topps Heritage Minors)
Starling Marte 2/2 8x10's :party0048:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Indy.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Marte.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sanchez.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Marte2.jpg

So, pretty awesome night overall. I went in wanting Sanchez, Marte, D'Arnaud, and Tabata, so I was pretty psyched with getting them all, and multiples! Sanchez was really cool, so was D'Arnaud. Marte was quite, but nice...if you wanted Tabata, you had to ask him. One person asked him to sign, so he signed for them. I was next, so I handed him my binder and Sharpie...he proceeded to glare at me until I asked him to sign. Did the same thing with everybody else...not a great guy, but he was nice enough to sign. Other than the heat, it was a pretty awesome night!

gladdyontherise
07-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Nice job! Glad you got the guys you wanted.

marti427
07-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Nice Sanchez's, hope to see a old BC alum make it on a roster one day

lambeauleap87
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Nice job! Glad you got the guys you wanted.

Thanks, Dan!

Nice Sanchez's, hope to see a old BC alum make it on a roster one day

Thanks...he was really cool. I love how the 8x10 turned out.

lambeauleap87
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Altoona Curve will be in Akron next weekend, meaning Gerrit Cole will be in Akron next weekend...is worth a trip? Rest of the team isn't too notable (Brock Holt, Jarek Cunningham, etc.), so it's kinda boom-or-bust. What do you guys think?

kidcollector11
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, how far is the drive? Cole would make my week if he signed an 8X10 or ROLMB

lambeauleap87
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Well, how far is the drive? Cole would make my week if he signed an 8X10 or ROLMB

About an hour and a half, plus about $20 for tickets/parking/Chick-Fil-A. :thumb: I'm leaning towards going at this point with an ROMLB, but not completely sold.

NRCCollectibles
07-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I got to 'graph the Indianapolis Indians tonight in Columbus, and let me tell you...it was AWFUL. The temperature was in the hundreds all night, and I left during the sixth inning. The heat was absolutely miserable, which made for a long night. Fortunately, I had a pretty great night of 'graphing. Not a lot quantity-wise since I didn't stay for postgame, but it was all about quality. Here's what I came home with:

Indianapolis Indians:

Anderson Hernandez 1/1 Card (Turkey Red)
Chase D'Arnaud 3/3 Cards (two of the Heritage, one Bowman)
Jose Tabata 2/3 Cards (Gypsy Queen, Topps Opening Day...not a nice guy)
Tony Sanchez 2/2 1 8x10, 1 Card (Topps Heritage Minors)
Starling Marte 2/2 8x10's :party0048:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Indy.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Marte.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sanchez.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Marte2.jpg

So, pretty awesome night overall. I went in wanting Sanchez, Marte, D'Arnaud, and Tabata, so I was pretty psyched with getting them all, and multiples! Sanchez was really cool, so was D'Arnaud. Marte was quite, but nice...if you wanted Tabata, you had to ask him. One person asked him to sign, so he signed for them. I was next, so I handed him my binder and Sharpie...he proceeded to glare at me until I asked him to sign. Did the same thing with everybody else...not a great guy, but he was nice enough to sign. Other than the heat, it was a pretty awesome night!

Chase has to have the biggest change in sifnatures ever. A few yers ago when altoona was in portland i had 2 8x10s and got a letter for letter sig and he denied the other ten people cuz they had what he called "junk stuff". I hope he signs for everyone that his graph is c loop. Lol. Just wow.

lambeauleap87
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Chase has to have the biggest change in sifnatures ever. A few yers ago when altoona was in portland i had 2 8x10s and got a letter for letter sig and he denied the other ten people cuz they had what he called "junk stuff". I hope he signs for everyone that his graph is c loop. Lol. Just wow.

He was a really cool guy, one of the nicest players I've met...I just looked up his signature from his earlier days, and I can see how it devolved to what it is now! He used to have an awesome sig. He did at least one per for everyone, and multiples for anyone that was friendly.

lastlastlast
07-12-2012, 10:23 PM
was at the game in indianapolis tonight... went by dugouts before game 1 and for indy i got eric fryer, anderson hernandez, jose tabata, and the mascot on a baseball... barely missed starling marte. no clippers as i never made it to their dugout and only stayed for game 1 of the doubleheader

lambeauleap87
07-12-2012, 10:29 PM
was at the game in indianapolis tonight... went by dugouts before game 1 and for indy i got eric fryer, anderson hernandez, jose tabata, and the mascot on a baseball... barely missed starling marte. no clippers as i never made it to their dugout and only stayed for game 1 of the doubleheader

Not bad! I wish Fryer had been down last week; I want him for my Ohio State collection. Bummer about missing Marte, but Tabata is definitely a good one to get. If you ever need/want anything from any of the Clippers, just let me know. I can get just about any of them...

lastlastlast
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
thanks man. was actually my first Ip autos ever. might go back tomorrow, will try harder to get more successes

lambeauleap87
07-12-2012, 10:39 PM
thanks man. was actually my first Ip autos ever. might go back tomorrow, will try harder to get more successes

Well for your first time, that's awesome then! Best tip I can give is to call out to any player you want to sign. They'll only come sign if you ask!

lambeauleap87
07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Ended up and went to Akron today to see the Altoona Curve play the Akron Aeros...it was, well, an adventure of a day. I was going today for the sole purpose of landing #1 pick and Pittsburgh Pirates top prospect, Gerrit Cole. While I was waiting in line, I saw a guy I'd met before and 'graphed with in Columbus. He told me that coming in, Cole refused to sign and said there was no chance that he would sign inside. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, right? It was a good sign, though, when we saw Gerrit playing catch when the gates opened...I'll let the results do the talking:

Shawn Armstrong 1/1 Aeros Team 8x10
Jeremie Tice 1/1 Aeros Team 8x10
Juan Diaz 1/1 Team Set Card
Giovanni Soto 1/1 Team Set Card
Gerrit Cole 2/2 ROMLB, Bowman Chrome Card! :party0048:

Here's scans:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Cole.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/photo6.jpg

Cole personalized EVERYTHING. He did six cards for one guy, all personalized to different names...impressive. He was actually a really nice kid, and I'm ecstatic to have gotten him, especially with how they turned out! Even though I only landed six autos, I got Cole (top priority!), Diaz (spent time in Cleveland), and Soto...why was Soto awesome? Well, he threw a no-hitter today! Saw my second no-hitter in a calendar year (Gio Soto tonight, Ervin Santana last year), which was sweet! Except that meant I didn't get the line-up card, but that was okay...I did snag two game-used souvenirs; foul balls off the bat of Drew Maggi (Curve LF) and Adam Abraham (Aeroes 1B). So six autos, including a top prospect and the pitcher that threw the no-hitter, and two game-used foul balls from the no-hitter game; if that's not a great day, I don't know what is.

Rudickulous
07-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Awesome stuff dude. it's a shame i missed ya in Akron again, but nice stuff.

lambeauleap87
07-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Awesome stuff dude. it's a shame i missed ya in Akron again, but nice stuff.

Thanks! I was going to shoot you a message, but wasn't completely sure I was going until late Saturday night. Debating a trip up again when Bowie is in Akron, but will definitely be there when Portland is.

jyosi
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Thanks! I was going to shoot you a message, but wasn't completely sure I was going until late Saturday night. Debating a trip up again when Bowie is in Akron, but will definitely be there when Portland is.

Unless Bundy is with Bowie by then don't waste your time. Machado will sign, but he is so unpleasant to be around. His graph is terrible, doesn't sweet spot, only one per and he won't say a word to you.

lambeauleap87
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Unless Bundy is with Bowie by then don't waste your time. Machado will sign, but he is so unpleasant to be around. His graph is terrible, doesn't sweet spot, only one per and he won't say a word to you.

That was kinda my thought process...Machado is a stud, but the rest of the Baysox are awful; Josh Barfield and Chris Tillman are the only other decent names on the roster. I doubt Bundy will be in AA by then, but if he is, it'll be worth the trip. If not, doubtful.

lambeauleap87
07-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Of course, ended up going to Akron today to get stud shortstop Manny Machado. The Bowie Baysox roster is genuinely awful, with the exception of Machado and Jonathan Schoop. I guess that's why I came away with exactly two autographs. :sign0020: Here's the haul:

Jonathan Schoop 1/1 Bowman Chrome Card
Manny Machado 1/2 8x10

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Schoop.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Machado.jpg

Probably the worst Machado signature I ever seen...oh well, he signed so I won't complain too much. He refused to Sweet Spot the other guy's ball, and he said he only does one per. Notice what I said there? Other guy. There were two of us, and he was one per with no Sweet Spotting in Double-A...jeez. He's gonna be a tough get later on. But DANG. The kid is a helluva player defensively. One of the best infield arms I've ever seen. Heckuva player, awful 'graph. Oh well, I'm happy to add another top prospect to the collection.

bronxbomber33
07-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Thats good you got him, yeah he is going to be tough to get in a little while, but he has an awesome glove and has a lot of pop in his bat. He will be a great player for Baltimore.

walker066
07-28-2012, 12:26 AM
He signed sweet spot for me last year when we was in A ball. Is was rather tough because he blew off everyone at first, but I followed him down to warm ups. My auto was decent, but I'm sure it's getting much worse.

lambeauleap87
07-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Thats good you got him, yeah he is going to be tough to get in a little while, but he has an awesome glove and has a lot of pop in his bat. He will be a great player for Baltimore.

Thanks! I agree that he's going to be a star in Baltimore.

He signed sweet spot for me last year when we was in A ball. Is was rather tough because he blew off everyone at first, but I followed him down to warm ups. My auto was decent, but I'm sure it's getting much worse.

Yeah, I know he used to Sweet Spot but the guy next to me asked him and Manny replied with, "No, I don't do that anymore," and side paneled. His signature is awful now, but at least he's still signing!

lambeauleap87
08-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Headed to Columbus tonight to finish up my Clippers stuff, as I won't be making it to any more games this year. In fact, this is 95% sure the end of my baseball 'graphing in 2012. Still, I managed to end it with a bang! Went to the game hoping to get Aaron Cunningham and Eric Berger, mainly, and knock out a few other set pieces. Did quite a bit more than that!

Went straight for the Clippers side when the gates opened, and it was dead. Eventually, a gentleman came down to work on his Clippers team set for this year and we started talking. Turned out, he's known my dad for about thirty years. Cool stuff. He mentioned some players were signing in the Customer Service booth and would hold my spot while I went to get Scott Barnes. While I was getting Barnes, another person in line told me that a few retired guys were doing a free signing in the concourse...who was signing? Joe Charboneau, Lenny Barker (both of which I've already gotten), Al Oliver, Bert Campaneris, and Hall of Famer Fergie Jenkins! Pretty sweet for a free signing. Here's the rundown of stuff I got:

Al Oliver 1/1 The Autograph Card
Bert Campaneris 1/1 The Autograph Card
Dan Wheeler 1/1 Card
Jeanmar Gomez 2/3 Cards
Tim Fedroff 1/1 Card
Jared Goedert 1/1 Card
Scott Barnes 2/2 Cards
Mike Saurbaugh 1/1 Card
Russ Canzler 1/1 Team 8x10 (wouldn't sign TAC)
Lars Anderson 1/1 Team 8x10 (nice guy, despite everything I've heard)
Eric Berger 2/2 8x10's
Fergie Jenkins 1/0 8x10 :party0048:

Aaron Cunningham said he wasn't signing...what a loser. Other than that, AWESOME day. A free Hall of Famer (one who I've been wanting), the great Bert Campaneris, and a ton of other hits for my stuff made for a great night. The signing was a great surprise, and I'm thrilled with how everything turned out. Been a pretty awesome season of 'graphing, and tonight was a great way to end it!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/LastGame.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/EricBerger-1.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Fergie.jpg

bronxbomber33
08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Very nice haul!!! The Fergie looks awesome!!

baseballexpert
08-15-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow Cunningham was really nice when I got him on the Indians...and Lars...well he's usually a little bit on the irritated side lol maybe the change of scenery helped him. Nice haul, were they giving the fergie 8x10s away for free?

lambeauleap87
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Very nice haul!!! The Fergie looks awesome!!

Thanks!

Wow Cunningham was really nice when I got him on the Indians...and Lars...well he's usually a little bit on the irritated side lol maybe the change of scenery helped him. Nice haul, were they giving the fergie 8x10s away for free?

Yeah, I'd heard good things about Cunningham, but he was pretty adamant that he was going to sign. And Lars, surprisingly, was pretty cool about it. I was pretty surprised and regretted not digging up my cards of his since I figured he wouldn't sign. Had to pay $5 for the 8x10, but the signature was free. Figured that was fair enough and that a Hall of Famer was worth more than one of my generic cards.

lambeauleap87
10-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Kind of a unique IP success today, if you'll call it that. Nothing special, but still cool. Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist with the USA Softball Team Leah O'Brien-Amico spoke at my school today. Despite the fact that her speech was nothing more than mediocre, she hung out pass out signed cards and take photos. Came away with a free signed card and a pic with her (and I got to wear her '96 Gold...sweet!), so not a bad day.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/LeahAmico.jpg

maxzemke24
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Scans from last night...sorry for the huge images; don't really wanna resize them all...

Gregorio Petit
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Petit.jpg

Logo Sheet
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/IronPigsLogo.jpg

Ryno
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Sandberg.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/DomBrown.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Clips3.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Pigs.jpg

Sandberg ROMLB with Inscription
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/RynoBall.jpg
Are you willing to trade one of your cabreras

lambeauleap87
10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Are you willing to trade one of your cabreras

I have five or six left, so yes, I"d be willing to move one.

maxzemke24
10-18-2012, 09:54 PM
What do you want for one?

lambeauleap87
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, it's been awhile...

Since tOSU's not going bowling this year, the seniors are already able to start doing paid autograph signings. Hit up my first one today at a local sports store for John Simon, Jake Stoneburner, and Zach Boren. I paid the signing fee to get all three of them on 8x10's that I edited & did myself...the guys loved them and were really cool. Here's what I got signed:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Boren.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Stoneburner.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/nyjets56/Simon-2.jpg

Photobucket won't let me rotate them without condensing them, so sorry for the huge scans...I think they turned out great, though! The Boren is my favorite picture, but the Stoneburner turned out the nicest, IMO. All around was a great experience!

Autofreak2842
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
That one of #11 is sick. Sorry I'm not up to date on my OSU football. Haha

lambeauleap87
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM
That one of #11 is sick. Sorry I'm not up to date on my OSU football. Haha

Thanks! Haha, that's Jake Stoneburner. Definitely the nicest photo of the batch, but Zach Boren liked my photo enough to retweet it!