PDA

View Full Version : Romney 1st, Paul 2nd In New Hampshire

duane1969
01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Romney 39%, Paul 23%, Huntsman 17%, Santorum and Newt are close for 4th at 9% each.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/10/10099057-romney-wins-nh-primary-paul-second-huntsman-third

I have began to lean towards Paul as I hear more and more from him, but I don't know if he can overtake Romney. I wonder how a Romey-Paul GOP ticket would fair against Obama-Biden?

Star_Cards
01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I highly doubt those two would partner up.

duane1969
01-11-2012, 10:31 AM
I highly doubt those two would partner up.

Why?

pghin08
01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Why?

Paul alienates the old conservative base. It makes far more sense for Romney to pick someone like Marco Rubio, who is a popular politician in a swing state, not to mention he would be the first Latino VP. Plus the fact that he'd appeal to the Tea Party.

He may go with Santorum, who was also a Senator in a swing state, but who is still wildly unpopular here in PA, and probably wouldn't help Romney's cause.

Star_Cards
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Why?

For one the Republican base doesn't seem to be all that behind Paul. It's seemed throughout this whole thing that Paul has been ignored and over looked as far as viable candidate in the eyes of even the right.

Second, I just don't see a 1 and a 2 guy in any nomination race teaming up very often. I'm sure it's probably happened, but I would be surprised if it's happened that often.

Third, I don't see the loser of the nomination getting over the lose fast enough to then team up with the guy they were competing with. Seems like most people wouldn't swallow that pill that easily.