PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Recess Appointments Being Challenged in Court

duane1969
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
In a statement, the Foundation said it consolidated the motion with another lawsuit against the NLRB that is seeking to block a new labor board rule that would require employers to post notices informing workers of their right to form a union.

“President Barack Obama has already shown time and again that he is willing to abuse his executive authority to force more workers into union-dues-paying ranks,” said Mark Mix, President of the National Right to Work Foundation, in a statement. “Now Obama’s executive abuse jeopardizes the constitutional balance our country holds very dear, all in the name of paying back his Big Labor benefactors.”

This could set a precedent depending on how it is ruled upon.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/204133-first-court-challenge-filed-against-obamas-recess-appointments

pghin08
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok, I'm going to air some grievances here, so I apologize in advance.

In my line of work, I deal with a lot of charities on both sides of the political spectrum. Most are very pleasant, believe deeply in their causes, but still respect others. The National Right to Work Foundation is not one of them. They are unpleasant, ineffective and send out nothing but inflammatory and deceitful letters that are full of outright lies. I try to steer our more conservative clients into other right-wing charities (Rutherford Institute, Heritage Foundation, etc)