PDA

View Full Version : LA times headline calls Seattle wimps for snow handling

mrveggieman
01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
This is real funny considering that it dosen't snow in LA for them to criticize another city's handling of snow removal.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/la-times-headline-calls-seattleites-wimps/nGWFN/

gladdyontherise
01-20-2012, 08:52 AM
This happens in most places where they don't deal with much snow often, right?

I remember my brother saying when he lived in North Carolina for a bit that if it snowed even a little bit almost everything would close down.

I'd bet if it snowed that amount in Los Angeles, the entire city would also shut down, which is the irony to me.

mrveggieman
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah I live in Atlanta and it snowed here last year for the first time in several years. Everything was shut down for a week. You would think that Atlanta would be able to handle snow considering that everyone who lives down here is from up north. At least no one down here said anything about the way other cities handle their snow.

Star_Cards
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
doesn't LA freak out when it rains?

seems pretty normal when is snows a lot in a city that doesn't get a lot of snow and doesn't have proper equipment, budgeting, and experience.

Rockman
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
doesn't LA freak out when it rains?

seems pretty normal when is snows a lot in a city that doesn't get a lot of snow and doesn't have proper equipment, budgeting, and experience.

From my experience everyone born and raised in LA does, but since so many people aren't from LA most of the city can still function.

Seattle gets snow often enough where they should probably have a better response, last year during a snowstorm it took my friend about 8 hours to get to the airport typically about 20 minutes away. Ive personally been stuck in traffic in Seattle due to snow for a couple hours on multiple occasions.

theonedru
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
As a person living in Seattle for almost a decade I must chime in and say that Seattle has less than a zero clue when it snows anywhere over 1/2 inch. The majority of people here are in fact so clueless that they need to ban people from leaving their houses when it snows like this. Year after year I see idiotic morons who see no problems in driving their foreign sub compact with balding/summer/no tread tires no power full speed down the road covered in ice and snow. Its also embarrassing as I have lived in places where this severe snowstorm would be considered and average winter day...