PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration holds to birth control insurance rule

mrveggieman
01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
This only makes sense. Most religions are against abortion. Birth control reduces the instances of unwanted pregnancies. What do these right wing religious groups want, people to have a bunch of babies that they can't take care of? They are aready against social programs to help the less fortunate. SMH.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-holds-to-birth-control-insurance-rule-but-gives-religious-groups-more-time-to-comply/2012/01/20/gIQAR84nDQ_story.html?hpid=z1

tsjct
01-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I say birth control for all! Make it free to all. Would make life a lot better as the majority of the ones having babies can not take care of them as it is. Its not their fault the economy is bad and they had kids. I say yes to this. And if they accidentally have kids i say we need to pay for them also. No need for anyone to be in poverty for having kids. That is what our tax system needs to be used for. Great job by the Administration.

pghin08
01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I say birth control for all! Make it free to all. Would make life a lot better as the majority of the ones having babies can not take care of them as it is. Its not their fault the economy is bad and they had kids. I say yes to this. And if they accidentally have kids i say we need to pay for them also. No need for anyone to be in poverty for having kids. That is what our tax system needs to be used for. Great job by the Administration.

Agreed. 100% cool with this.

habsheaven
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Agreed. 100% cool with this.

I think he was being sarcastic???

BGT Masters
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
You know what reduces the risk of unwanted pregnancy? Its called a condom.

mrveggieman
01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
You know what reduces the risk of unwanted pregnancy? Its called a condom.

I'm 100% cool with that. It's just too bad that most of our republican friends are not. SMH.

ensbergcollector
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm 100% cool with that. It's just too bad that most of our republican friends are not. SMH.

what>???

oh, i get it, because we don't want 6th graders being given condoms at school, that must mean we are completely against condoms. gotcha. i got lost since this thread immediately became a bash republicans and christians thread.

gatorboymike
01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Somebody started a bash Republicans and Christians thread and I was not informed?

This only makes sense. Most religions are against abortion. Birth control reduces the instances of unwanted pregnancies. What do these right wing religious groups want, people to have a bunch of babies that they can't take care of? They are aready against social programs to help the less fortunate. SMH.

That is exactly what they want. It's a well-known fact that the poor are easier to brainwash than the rich, and the desperate are easier to brainwash than the content. Plus, to their way of thinking, every fetus that gets aborted is one that won't grow up to give money to their church and vote for the Republican candidates they like.

tsjct
01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Somebody started a bash Republicans and Christians thread and I was not informed?

That is exactly what they want. It's a well-known fact that the poor are easier to brainwash than the rich, and the desperate are easier to brainwash than the content. Plus, to their way of thinking, every fetus that gets aborted is one that won't grow up to give money to their church and vote for the Republican candidates they like.

I agree the poor are mistreated and we as a nation should get them out. I say we start by making Corporations give them a high paying job or start issuing fines to those corporations. No one should be poor. We all need to be equal. We all the need the exact same amount of money and for it to be fair for all. No one should be left behind!

gatorboymike
01-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I agree the poor are mistreated and we as a nation should get them out. I say we start by making Corporations give them a high paying job or start issuing fines to those corporations. No one should be poor. We all need to be equal. We all the need the exact same amount of money and for it to be fair for all. No one should be left behind!

http://jonvdunn.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/conversations-arent-contests1.gif

ensbergcollector
01-21-2012, 01:50 AM

that funny, which party brainwashes the poor again? which party appeals to the poor for future voters?

gatorboymike
01-21-2012, 02:46 AM
that funny, which party brainwashes the poor again? which party appeals to the poor for future voters?

Actually, I was talking about religions, not political parties. But since you asked, the one that tells the poor, "Yes, my economical agenda will be utterly ruinous to you, and I plan to start futile war after futile war in which I intend to kill you, but you should vote for me anyway because I hate homosexuals, racial minorities and non-Christians as much as you hate them."

ensbergcollector
01-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Actually, I was talking about religions, not political parties. But since you asked, the one that tells the poor, "Yes, my economical agenda will be utterly ruinous to you, and I plan to start futile war after futile war in which I intend to kill you, but you should vote for me anyway because I hate homosexuals, racial minorities and non-Christians as much as you hate them."

you're pretty funny sometimes. sad, but funny.

tutall
01-21-2012, 10:35 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-holds-to-birth-control-insurance-rule-but-gives-religious-groups-more-time-to-comply/2012/01/20/gIQAR84nDQ_story.html?hpid=z1

This i where you are mistaken. Most of the right wing is fine with government help for the less fortunate... What all of us, I think you included, is against the fraud and waste that goes into the government assistance. There is no reason someone should be on the system from birth unless they are disabled or something like that. I know there are places out there that hire people from all walks of life and at some point, all I ask is you try to do something yourself.

In the case of birth control, I have no problem with it for consenting adults but I am against the system teaching my kids about sex and birth control. That is a discussion for the home as everyone will have varying opinions about it. Stck to teaching Math, English, History at school and leave social issues to the parents.

Star_Cards
01-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't follow where people in the article are saying that this is an attack of the catholic church. It's about offering the service to employees and the churches just happen to be businesses. And the kicker... it's not that anyone is saying that the employees have to take birth control if they don't want to.

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
This i where you are mistaken. Most of the right wing is fine with government help for the less fortunate... What all of us, I think you included, is against the fraud and waste that goes into the government assistance. There is no reason someone should be on the system from birth unless they are disabled or something like that. I know there are places out there that hire people from all walks of life and at some point, all I ask is you try to do something yourself.

In the case of birth control, I have no problem with it for consenting adults but I am against the system teaching my kids about sex and birth control. That is a discussion for the home as everyone will have varying opinions about it. Stck to teaching Math, English, History at school and leave social issues to the parents.

If parents did actually truthfully discuss sex ed with kids I would have no problem with you point. However you and I both know that a lot of parents believe that ignorance only is the way and will not be truthful about their kids when it comes to sex. If a teenager is not getting educated at home their lessons on sex ed comes from the tv, internet, music, their peers or the streets and we all know who "reliable" those sources can be. The same parents that feed their kids a bunch of hot air about abstinence only turn around and wonder why their 15 year old daughter is pregnant or even worse why their 15 year old son has now contracted something that he can't get rid of. SMH.