PDA

View Full Version : Obama blames press for his "cold and aloof" image

pwaldo
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/obama-blames-press-for-his-cold-and-aloof-image-111489.html

President Obama blames the press for creating the image that he's aloof and disconnected from the rest of Washington, insisting in a new interview that he's just more interested in spending time with his family than in exchanging pleasantries with strangers.

"My suspicion is that this whole critique has to do with the fact that I donít go to a lot of Washington parties and, as a consequence, the Washington press corps maybe just doesnít feel like Iím in the mix enough with them, and they figure, well, if Iím not spending time with them, I must be cold and aloof," Obama said in an interview with Time Magazine released Thursday.

duane1969
01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
So the liberal press, which presented him as the messiah and to this day refrains from airing his dirty laundry unless they absolutely have to to keep up with other stations and networks is responsible for the preception that he is aloof and arrogant?

His opinion that common Americans can not understand the economy the way "professional politicans" can has nothing to do with it.

Him cocking his head back in an aloof, superior manner when "on stage" has nothing to do with it.
http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000311029/smug_obama_xlarge.jpeg http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef013485659314970c-300wi

tsjct
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
He is the MOST arrogant, Self absorbed, egotistical, person to step in the White House. Hope i am not considered a racist for calling it the WHITE house. The scary part about this is we may have this guy for another 4 years. I just pray the republicans can win in a long uphill battle with obama and the mainstream media.

AUTaxMan
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
mrveg says he's a man of the people

duane1969
01-22-2012, 03:00 PM

If "the people" are aloof, pharisaic and out-of-touch with the bulk of America...then that would be correct.

Star_Cards
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I've never felt that he was anymore aloof or cold than any other high powered politician. They tend to be very guarded and measured when speaking with anyone which is pretty normal.

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 09:36 AM

And I stand by that statement 100%. Show me a republican canidate who is for the people. Not just rich white conservative christians but all the US citizens. I hear crickets chirping.......

tsjct
01-23-2012, 10:42 AM
And I stand by that statement 100%. Show me a republican canidate who is for the people. Not just rich white conservative christians but all the US citizens. I hear crickets chirping.......

A man of the people LOL. He and his wife sit and the white house and LAUGH at the ones who voted them into office. If you think he gives one thought about you or anyone else your sadly mistaken. They could care a less about you. As long as they can thrive and remain in power they would take your last dollar to get that done. He is estimated to spend 1 BILLION to run for his second term. 1 BILLION!!! That would go a long way for the average man :rolleyes:

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
A man of the people LOL. He and his wife sit and the white house and LAUGH at the ones who voted them into office. If you think he gives one thought about you or anyone else your sadly mistaken. They could care a less about you. As long as they can thrive and remain in power they would take your last dollar to get that done. He is estimated to spend 1 BILLION to run for his second term. 1 BILLION!!! That would go a long way for the average man :rolleyes:

I appreciate you chiming in but you haven't answered the question. Where is the republican canidate that cares about anyone except for himself?

AUTaxMan
01-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I appreciate you chiming in but you haven't answered the question. Where is the republican canidate that cares about anyone except for himself?

No truthful answer to that question would be accepted by you, so it would be a pointless endeavor. You already have it in your mind that all of the republican candidates are evil.

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
No truthful answer to that question would be accepted by you, so it would be a pointless endeavor. You already have it in your mind that all of the republican candidates are evil.

So tell me again mr. taxman how is that any different from your and most other republican's opnion of president obama?

ensbergcollector
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM

obama being a man of the people or not should have nothing to do with the republican candidates. i don't judge if someone is honest based on if they are more honest than someone else. i judge them on their own merits. and judging him on his own merits, trying to claim obama is a man of the people is insane.

AUTaxMan
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
So tell me again mr. taxman how is that any different from your and most other republican's opnion of president obama?

My opinion is based in fact. Yours is based in feeling.

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
My opinion is based in fact. Yours is based in feeling.

Ok I get it mrtaxman. You are the authority of all things politcs and religion and you words are facts that we all must accept. Got ya. :winking0071:

mrveggieman
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
obama being a man of the people or not should have nothing to do with the republican candidates. i don't judge if someone is honest based on if they are more honest than someone else. i judge them on their own merits. and judging him on his own merits, trying to claim obama is a man of the people is insane.

I'm still waiting for one of ya'll to present a republican who actually cares about the people.

pghin08
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Play nice, guys.

habsheaven
01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
This thread is kinda ironic. Obama is blaming the Washington Press for image problems and the right-wingers in this forum(who constantly blame the left-wing media for everything) are discounting his reasoning.

So if the right blames the media, it has merit. If the left does the same, it is absurd. Gotta love the consistency around here.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm still waiting for one of ya'll to present a republican who actually cares about the people.

i'm still waiting on you to not deflect. this thread has nothing to do with the republican candidates.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:21 AM
This thread is kinda ironic. Obama is blaming the Washington Press for image problems and the right-wingers in this forum(who constantly blame the left-wing media for everything) are discounting his reasoning.

So if the right blames the media, it has merit. If the left does the same, it is absurd. Gotta love the consistency around here.

it isn't a matter of what your last paragraph implies. Some of the "right-wingers" in this forum are able to take things case by case. i do not think all things media are slanted against republicans but I am smart enough to see that often times they are. In this case, I think obama is absurd for making this claim. has nothing to do with right or left. it has to do with my opinion on this particular topic.

duane1969
01-24-2012, 12:56 AM

It's not absurd, it's baseless. Where is the media portraying him as aloof or cold?

When does Obama finally man up and quit blaming everyone else?

A failure for the first two years of his presidency? It's Bush's fault.
Can't accomplish anything with the economy? It is Congress' fault.
Americans view him as aloof and cold? It's the media's fault.

That should be hius new campaign slogan. "No Change. Not My Fault."

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
i'm still waiting on you to not deflect. this thread has nothing to do with the republican candidates.

The conservative republicans are trying to suggest that President Obama thinks that he is better than the rest of us. I disagree and stated that President Obama is more down to earth than any of the republicans who have a realistic chance of being nominated. I challenged ya'll to show me a republican who actually cares about all of the people not just his own demographic. None of you have presented anyone to dispute what I believe. So again I am not deflecting anything I am just telling it like it is.

habsheaven
01-24-2012, 08:59 AM
It's not absurd, it's baseless. Where is the media portraying him as aloof or cold?

When does Obama finally man up and quit blaming everyone else?

A failure for the first two years of his presidency? It's Bush's fault.
Can't accomplish anything with the economy? It is Congress' fault.
Americans view him as aloof and cold? It's the media's fault.

That should be hius new campaign slogan. "No Change. Not My Fault."

Maybe I am reading the article wrong. I read it to imply that the "Washington Press core" was portraying him as cold and aloof with regards to the "Washington scene".

I did not see anything concerning the media as a whole or the American people in general.

duane1969
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Maybe I am reading the article wrong. I read it to imply that the "Washington Press core" was portraying him as cold and aloof with regards to the "Washington scene".

I did not see anything concerning the media as a whole or the American people in general.

I just don't see articles or reports from anyone portraying him as cold and aloof. Not even the hated FoxNews takes this position. IMO his personna of being cold and aloof comes from the way he talks to people and reacts to them.

As for this comment...

he's just more interested in spending time with his family than in exchanging pleasantries with strangers.

...perhaps someone should have pointed out that strangers would be demanding of his time if he became president. The leader of the free world doesn't have much time for chilling on the couch with the kids and watching Sponge Bob. That is part of the job.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
The conservative republicans are trying to suggest that President Obama thinks that he is better than the rest of us. I disagree and stated that President Obama is more down to earth than any of the republicans who have a realistic chance of being nominated. I challenged ya'll to show me a republican who actually cares about all of the people not just his own demographic. None of you have presented anyone to dispute what I believe. So again I am not deflecting anything I am just telling it like it is.

no, you said he is a man of the people. you then went on to say he is better than anything the republicans can come up with.

we say "obama acts cold, aloof, and better than others" you respond with "who do the republicans have that is better." His persona has NOTHING to do with any republicans

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
no, you said he is a man of the people. you then went on to say he is better than anything the republicans can come up with.

we say "obama acts cold, aloof, and better than others" you respond with "who do the republicans have that is better." His persona has NOTHING to do with any republicans

Ok let me clarify. What current realistic republican canidate does not act "cold, aloof, and better than others"?

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Ok let me clarify. What current realistic republican canidate does not act "cold, aloof, and better than others"?

ok, let me clarify...what does that have to do with Obama, which was the point of this thread? You are incapable of staying on topic. this thread has zero to do with republicans, no matter how much you want to deflect so you don't have to actually address obama's personality.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 11:30 AM
ok, let me clarify...what does that have to do with Obama, which was the point of this thread? You are incapable of staying on topic. this thread has zero to do with republicans, no matter how much you want to deflect so you don't have to actually address obama's personality.

You want to nitpick on every little thing about President Obama. If he he forgets to put the toilet seat down inpeach him. If he uses the wrong fork at the dinner table he is the anti christ. You Obama haters will find any trivial thing to nitpick over and I challenge you to find a republican alternative who is better. No one hear has done so. I rest my case.

duane1969
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
You want to nitpick on every little thing about President Obama. If he he forgets to put the toilet seat down inpeach him.

Can we do that?

You Obama haters will find any trivial thing to nitpick over and I challenge you to find a republican alternative who is better. No one hear has done so. I rest my case.

Not really the point. The subject is Obama blaming the media for the perception that he is cold and aloof. Saying that GOP candidates act the same is moot because they are not complaining about the media.

You have deflected and turned this into an Obama versus the GOP and that is not what it ever was. If anything, it is Obama versus the media and even that is unfounded as the media does not run lead stories or even opeds about him being aloof and cold.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Can we do that?

Not really the point. The subject is Obama blaming the media for the perception that he is cold and aloof. Saying that GOP candidates act the same is moot because they are not complaining about the media.

You have deflected and turned this into an Obama versus the GOP and that is not what it ever was. If anything, it is Obama versus the media and even that is unfounded as the media does not run lead stories or even opeds about him being aloof and cold.

I wouldn't exactly complain about the media if I were president because it's their job to print stories to sell newspapers. That being said if this is the worse thing that the media can come up about our president I would be quaking in my boots if I were a republican. :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:42 PM
You want to nitpick on every little thing about President Obama. If he he forgets to put the toilet seat down inpeach him. If he uses the wrong fork at the dinner table he is the anti christ. You Obama haters will find any trivial thing to nitpick over and I challenge you to find a republican alternative who is better. No one hear has done so. I rest my case.

i love this..."i rest my case" feel better about yourself now?

this thread was about obama complaining about the media. You are going off on some "haters gonna hate" rant trying to defend poor barack like he is your little brother or something. This has nothing to do with republicans, this doesn't have anything to do with the media looking for things to nitpick. Obama himself started this by calling out the media.

all of your ranting only fills up space because you don't actually want to address obama's personality. so, instead, you will attack the republicans, you will attack anyone who doesn't like obama, you will attack the media. How about you just answer the stinking question.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
i love this..."i rest my case" feel better about yourself now?

this thread was about obama complaining about the media. You are going off on some "haters gonna hate" rant trying to defend poor barack like he is your little brother or something. This has nothing to do with republicans, this doesn't have anything to do with the media looking for things to nitpick. Obama himself started this by calling out the media.

all of your ranting only fills up space because you don't actually want to address obama's personality. so, instead, you will attack the republicans, you will attack anyone who doesn't like obama, you will attack the media. How about you just answer the stinking question.

To be honest President Obama had the right to feel the way he does about the media's portrayal of him but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because like you say "haters gonna hate".

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
To be honest President Obama had the right to feel the way he does about the media's portrayal of him but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because like you say "haters gonna hate".

and this shows the democratic mindset. if someone hates a republican, they are justified in their hatred. If someone dislikes a democrat, they are just being a hater.

so, you really think the media is to blame for how people view obama? You really think he isn't aloof and cold?

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 12:52 PM
and this shows the democratic mindset. if someone hates a republican, they are justified in their hatred. If someone dislikes a democrat, they are just being a hater.

so, you really think the media is to blame for how people view obama? You really think he isn't aloof and cold?

No I don't. I think he is a regular guy trying to do his job despite the fact that some people get off at the thought of him failing.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
No I don't. I think he is a regular guy trying to do his job despite the fact that some people get off at the thought of him failing.

SMH...

you found it. the first regular guy to be a politician in the last 200 years. i see now why people think he is the savior. because there are people out there willing to say or believe anything about him in order to make him better than (above) everyone else.

look at the pictures on the first page of this thread. I have never seen a regular guy look like that. must be an atlanta thing

AUTaxMan
01-24-2012, 02:01 PM

What, exactly, makes you think he is a regular guy? I am sincerely interested in this, because he has never lived the life of a regular guy as an adult. He has never had a normal job like you and me. He has always been employed in community organizing/politics and higher ed teaching, two areas of work that I think we all can acknowledge are completely removed from the lives of regular people and fail to give one the perspective of how the real world works for us regular folks.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 02:11 PM
What, exactly, makes you think he is a regular guy? I am sincerely interested in this, because he has never lived the life of a regular guy as an adult. He has never had a normal job like you and me. He has always been employed in community organizing/politics and higher ed teaching, two areas of work that I think we all can acknowledge are completely removed from the lives of regular people and fail to give one the perspective of how the real world works for us regular folks.

A regular guy where as he works (admittely a job that most of us will never have), takes care of his kids, is not a religious fanatic, does not claim moral superiority like a lot of religious conservative republicans do and likes the same things that most normal people do. I can relate to him. I cant relate to herman cain, newt, santorum or any of the other republiclowns.

AUTaxMan
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
A regular guy where as he works (admittely a job that most of us will never have), takes care of his kids, is not a religious fanatic, does not claim moral superiority like a lot of religious conservative republicans do and likes the same things that most normal people do. I can relate to him. I cant relate to herman cain, newt, santorum or any of the other republiclowns.

If those are your qualifications, which of those republicans don't meet them?

1. Job - all of them have one
2. Kids - all responsible parents
3. Religious fanatic (whatever that means) - maybe Santorum meets your definition; the rest, no
4. Moral superiority - none; I challenge you to substantiate that they do claim this
5. Do and like normal stuff - seriously? what does PBO do, like and dislike? What do the republican candidates do, like and dislike?

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 02:26 PM
If those are your qualifications, which of those republicans don't meet them?

1. Job - all of them have one
2. Kids - all responsible parents
3. Religious fanatic (whatever that means) - maybe Santorum meets your definition; the rest, no
4. Moral superiority - none; I challenge you to substantiate that they do claim this
5. Do and like normal stuff - seriously? what does PBO do, like and dislike? What do the republican candidates do, like and dislike?

Look who the republicans cater to etreme right winged christian fanatics. Enough said to that. I also read one of President Obama's books and he said he has no problem with what consenting adults watch on HBO in the privacy and comfort of their own homes. If some of our extreme christian republican friends had their way watching adult entertainment on HBO or any other venue would be a thing of the past.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM

so basically your definition of a regular guy is anyone who is not a religious conservative. gotcha

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
so basically your definition of a regular guy is anyone who is not a religious conservative. gotcha

A regular guy as far as a politician is concerned is someone who can relate to all of his people not just a small minority of extremists.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 02:45 PM
A regular guy as far as a politician is concerned is someone who can relate to all of his people not just a small minority of extremists.

in other words, a regular guy is someone you like. how in the world do you know who obama can relate to? again, show me 1 regular guy who routinely stands with the pose that is on the front page of this thread.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
in other words, a regular guy is someone you like. how in the world do you know who obama can relate to? again, show me 1 regular guy who routinely stands with the pose that is on the front page of this thread.

So in your entire 30+ years on earth no one ever took a picture of you that you didn't like? Also a regular guy who is in politics that can relate to all. He does what he can do to help his people and respects the rights of all not just the people who voted for him. Correct me if I'm wrong but President Obama has never been infavor of interferring with one's freedom of religion nor has he been in favor of taking away anyone's second amendment right to self defense despite of all the propaganda that the republiclowns have put out there.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 03:25 PM
So in your entire 30+ years on earth no one ever took a picture of you that you didn't like? Also a regular guy who is in politics that can relate to all. He does what he can do to help his people and respects the rights of all not just the people who voted for him. Correct me if I'm wrong but President Obama has never been infavor of interferring with one's freedom of religion nor has he been in favor of taking away anyone's second amendment right to self defense despite of all the propaganda that the republiclowns have put out there.

really, you are going to act like those pictures were quick papparazzi snap shots that were taken out of context? even you can't believe that.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
really, you are going to act like those pictures were quick papparazzi snap shots that were taken out of context? even you can't believe that.

Why are people getting all worked up over some silly pictures? I would think that it would make more sense to judge a politician by his actions and his words.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Why are people getting all worked up over some silly pictures? I would think that it would make more sense to judge a politician by his actions and his words.

we have, you defend those too. but for now, this thread is about him blaming the press for how he is perceived.

duane1969
01-24-2012, 03:53 PM

And this has what to do with the perception that he is cold and aloof?

And the whole "took a picture he didn't like" thing doesn't fly either. If it happened once or twice I could accept it. It has happened WAY more than once or twice...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ycllj3bPYIs/TYQMzlaEqBI/AAAAAAAAEu8/S6iq1HTlHJA/s400/obama_smug.jpg http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/OBAMA_-_Pompous___Smug.jpg http://stutteringmessiah.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/obama-smug-3.jpg http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1035455_f496.jpg
http://whatsthet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/President-Obama-SOTU.jpg http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/files/2012/01/120120obama.jpg

duane1969
01-24-2012, 03:53 PM

The pictures do less damage.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
And this has what to do with the perception that he is cold and aloof?

And the whole "took a picture he didn't like" thing doesn't fly either. If it happened once or twice I could accept it. It has happened WAY more than once or twice...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ycllj3bPYIs/TYQMzlaEqBI/AAAAAAAAEu8/S6iq1HTlHJA/s400/obama_smug.jpg http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/OBAMA_-_Pompous___Smug.jpg http://stutteringmessiah.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/obama-smug-3.jpg http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1035455_f496.jpg
http://whatsthet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/President-Obama-SOTU.jpg http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/files/2012/01/120120obama.jpg

Do I need to resort to posting stupid pics of your BFF GWB?

pghin08
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I couldn't care less. Show me someone who hasn't looked smug at some point. Take the following, for example.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MA1Ddr4LDmk/RqgQkez7PXI/AAAAAAAAAgg/uOxC1BgVYG0/s400/Bush+smug.jpg

http://reallybadboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/smug-bill-clinton.jpg

Frankly, I don't care if my President is a bit arrogant or not. I think most politicians are that way. Heck, I think there's a good amount of the general public. But we usually call it patriotism.

I mean seriously, come on, you can't call America the greatest country in the world if you haven't been anywhere else. If you asked me what my favorite burger was, and I said "A Big Mac", and you asked what other burgers I've tried, and I said "none", then you'd promptly dismiss my opinion.

AUTaxMan
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Look who the republicans cater to etreme right winged christian fanatics. Enough said to that. I also read one of President Obama's books and he said he has no problem with what consenting adults watch on HBO in the privacy and comfort of their own homes. If some of our extreme christian republican friends had their way watching adult entertainment on HBO or any other venue would be a thing of the past.

What has Newt specifically done to cater to the "extreme right winged christian fanatics?" Romney? Paul? Santorum?

Please elaborate on this ridiculous comment. Where are you getting this from? "If some of our extreme christian republican friends had their way watching adult entertainment on HBO or any other venue would be a thing of the past."

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
What has Newt specifically done to cater to the "extreme right winged christian fanatics?" Romney? Paul? Santorum?

Please elaborate on this ridiculous comment. Where are you getting this from? "If some of our extreme christian republican friends had their way watching adult entertainment on HBO or any other venue would be a thing of the past."

If you haven't read any of the racist and bigoted statements that newt and santorum have said I ask you what rock have you been living under. I'm not going to go as far as saying romney is a bigot but he does cater to the elitist. I like Paul so I don't have anything negative to say about him at this time but you and I both know that the powers that be are not going to put him in office.

duane1969
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Do I need to resort to posting stupid pics of your BFF GWB?

You still miss the point. Nevermind.

I couldn't care less. Show me someone who hasn't looked smug at some point. Take the following, for example.

Frankly, I don't care if my President is a bit arrogant or not. I think most politicians are that way. Heck, I think there's a good amount of the general public. But we usually call it patriotism.

I mean seriously, come on, you can't call America the greatest country in the world if you haven't been anywhere else. If you asked me what my favorite burger was, and I said "A Big Mac", and you asked what other burgers I've tried, and I said "none", then you'd promptly dismiss my opinion.

You are missing the point too. It isn't about whether or not other president's have looked aloof or acted arrogant. I don't care if he is arrogant. I care that he knows he comes off that way and instead of owning it he blames the press. When will he finally own up to something? Anything?

Posting other pictures or bringing up other presidents is pointless because they did not complain about or blame the press for the perceptions about them.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
If you haven't read any of the racist and bigoted statements that newt and santorum have said I ask you what rock have you been living under. I'm not going to go as far as saying romney is a bigot but he does cater to the elitist. I like Paul so I don't have anything negative to say about him at this time but you and I both know that the powers that be are not going to put him in office.

Newt and Santorum haven't said anything racist. We discussed it the other day. Are you saying that Christians are racists? You never really answered the question about how they cater to "extreme right wing Christians." How does one cater to that group?

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 09:42 AM
If you don't believe that newts statement about blacks and welfare was not racially charged then we have no further need to discuss. Also what about santorum's hateful remarks about non christians? ...

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Reason and logic have abandoned you if you think that what Newt said was racist or even "racially charged," whatever that means. How would YOU like him to address the black community, the problems...

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Do you honestly think that newt gives a damn about the black community?

paradigm81
01-25-2012, 11:19 AM
If politician "C" can get votes from Community "#5", you better believe a damn will be given.

It is a politicians job to get elected, if you believe one politician actually cares more or less about any community you are mistaken.

I am a down to earth regular guy Mrveggieman, would you admire and vote for me?

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 11:24 AM
If politician "C" can get votes from Community "#5", you better believe a damn will be given.

It is a politicians job to get elected, if you believe one politician actually cares more or less about any community you are mistaken.

I am a down to earth regular guy Mrveggieman, would you admire and vote for me?

I don't know. What are you stands on the issues?

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM

seeing as how in your world republicans cater to the elite and democrats do not, you have managed to create this nice false reality where democrats are all regular people and republicans are not.

duane1969
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I am still entirely baffled as to how a thread about Obama being aloof and cold has turned into a thread about whether Newt is racist.

Let's try to swing back on topic please.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Do you honestly think that newt gives a damn about the black community?

Yes, at the very least because they are voters. And he has not done a single thing to demonstrate that he doesn't, and neither have Romney, Paul, or Santorum. You clearly have a warped view of reality based on your preconceived notions and prejudices about Republican politicians in general. I recommend you actually watch some of these debates instead of continually lying to yourself about the Republican candidates.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I am still entirely baffled as to how a thread about Obama being aloof and cold has turned into a thread about whether Newt is racist.

Let's try to swing back on topic please.

Mrv said that Obama is a regular guy and the republicans are not. His reasoning for their not being regular people is that they cater to extreme right wing Christians who are racist and want to take away people's right to watch HBO. His reasoning for Obama being regular is that he doesn't care what tv shows you watch.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
test. something is up with scf.

edit - looks like it's working again.

pghin08
01-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Here's his quote:

"My suspicion is that this whole critique has to do with the fact that I don’t go to a lot of Washington parties and, as a consequence, the Washington press corps maybe just doesn’t feel like I’m in the mix enough with them, and they figure, well, if I’m not spending time with them, I must be cold and aloof,"

What do you guys want him to say here? "Oh yeah, I'm aloof, cold, arrogant, and just generally a bad person. Come to think of it, I'm a crappy President all around!"

This is the absolute epitome of making mountains out of mole hills.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Here's his quote:

"My suspicion is that this whole critique has to do with the fact that I donít go to a lot of Washington parties and, as a consequence, the Washington press corps maybe just doesnít feel like Iím in the mix enough with them, and they figure, well, if Iím not spending time with them, I must be cold and aloof,"

What do you guys want him to say here? "Oh yeah, I'm aloof, cold, arrogant, and just generally a bad person. Come to think of it, I'm a crappy President all around!"

to be honest, i would like to see the question that led to his comment.

i think a better response would have been a simple "i have no idea where that impression comes from to be honest with you"

pghin08
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
to be honest, i would like to see the question that led to his comment.

i think a better response would have been a simple "i have no idea where that impression comes from to be honest with you"

Great point, judging answers when you don't know the exact question can be problematic. He probably could have come up with a better answer, I'm sure. But that can be said of pretty much any person at any time.

I just get frustrated that we talk so much about things like this, yet there was never even a thread started about the State of the Union address last night.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I pointed out many posts ago that this was a "Washington" thing. Obama detractors naturally want to expand it to cover the whole country. That's how it becomes a mountain rather than staying a mole hill.

As for his SOTU last night. It was great. I cannot wait for the campaign to begin in earnest.

pghin08
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I pointed out many posts ago that this was a "Washington" thing. Obama detractors naturally want to expand it to cover the whole country. That's how it becomes a mountain rather than staying a mole hill.

As for his SOTU last night. It was great. I cannot wait for the campaign to begin in earnest.

I didn't think it would be as good as it was. I DVR'ed it, because I was planning on watching the Pens-Blues, but I ended up watching it live, because I didn't want to turn it off.

tsjct
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM

I can not wait either. Obama can read from his prepared speeches just fine but he will have to answer the opposition one on one about his FAILED first term. The republican candidate will eat him alive on debates. He will have no answer to the failed economy, obama care, his excess spending, etc.:party0053:

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 02:24 PM
I can not wait either. Obama can read from his prepared speeches just fine but he will have to answer the opposition one on one about his FAILED first term. The republican candidate will eat him alive on debates. He will have no answer to the failed economy, obama care, his excess spending, etc.:party0053:

Keep thinking that. Obama will crush Romney in the debates.

pghin08
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
I think SCF might melt down when Obama wins a second term.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I think SCF might melt down when Obama wins a second term.

Can you imagine? Four more years of his detractors posting everything under the sun to criticize him. I can't wait. :party0053:

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll be here. Go ahead and blame me right now because I will be voting for President Obama with pride.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I more than likely will vote for Obama. I have to wait to see what Rep candidate wins and what more he has to say. If Paul runs as an independent I'd also consider voting for him.

tsjct
01-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Bigger Gov't, Bigger Debt, Obama Care, Higher taxes, Etc yes you should vote Obama. America going in the right direction you need to vote for ANYONE but obama.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Can you imagine? Four more years of his detractors posting everything under the sun to criticize him. I can't wait. :party0053:

you must not have been here when bush was president and this same thing was going on. instead, you like to pretend us big bad republicans are the only ones.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Well, it wasn't insulting, like the last one was, but it was only great if you are not interested in facts. Here are a few fact-checks for you:

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/jan/25/obamas-state-union-speech/

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I'll be here. Go ahead and blame me right now because I will be voting for President Obama with pride.

And yet you can't articulate why, other than the fact that he's not a republican.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
you must not have been here when bush was president and this same thing was going on. instead, you like to pretend us big bad republicans are the only ones.

I wasn't here; so I am not pretending anything. I am just telling it as I have been seeing it. What happened when Bush was president is irrelevant, isn't it? At least that is what I am constantly being told.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
And yet you can't articulate why, other than the fact that he's not a republican.

It has not to do with him being a republican. Ron Paul is a republican and if President Obama was not running I would strongly consider voting for him so your theory of me hating all republicans goes right down the toilet.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I wasn't here; so I am not pretending anything. I am just telling it as I have been seeing it. What happened when Bush was president is irrelevant, isn't it? At least that is what I am constantly being told.

it's only irrelevant if we had stated before the last election that we promise to change the way things are done around these forums. We will not do the things that the previous groups have done when the other parties guy was in office. You can trust us that we will bring change to these forums.

if we had said that, and then did what we are currently doing, we would be wrong. but, i don't think it was us that made that promise.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Well, it wasn't insulting, like the last one was, but it was only great if you are not interested in facts. Here are a few fact-checks for you:

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/jan/25/obamas-state-union-speech/

You may want to read through that. Everything Obama said in that piece is factual.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
it's only irrelevant if we had stated before the last election that we promise to change the way things are done around these forums. We will not do the things that the previous groups have done when the other parties guy was in office. You can trust us that we will bring change to these forums.

if we had said that, and then did what we are currently doing, we would be wrong. but, i don't think it was us that made that promise.

My "irrelevant" comment was directed at the continual complaints about Obama supporters bringing up Bush's actions in the past. It was said in jest. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously regarding this. I never claimed that anyone made a promise to change because I wasn't here back then.

AUTaxMan
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
You may want to read through that. Everything Obama said in that piece is factual.

Half-truths with the intent to mislead are lies.

duane1969
01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Here's his quote:

"My suspicion is that this whole critique has to do with the fact that I donít go to a lot of Washington parties and, as a consequence, the Washington press corps maybe just doesnít feel like Iím in the mix enough with them, and they figure, well, if Iím not spending time with them, I must be cold and aloof,"

Either ignore it or own it. Don't blame it on someone else. If he isn't thick-skinned enough to take the accusations then he needs to ignore it, not pass the buck.

If he had any semblance of PR ability he would have responded with something like this...

"I never realized that I may come off that way, but now that I keep hearing it in the press I realize that it is a perception that is out there. Perhaps that is something I need to work on because the last thing I want is the American people to perceive that I do not care or am cold."

He could have won MAJOR points for a response like that.

pghin08
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/24/fact-checking-state-union-address/

Here's a legit one, not just Neal Boortz.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Half-truths with the intent to mislead are lies.

That is how a critic of Obama would frame it. A proponent would say he is highlighting the positives as anyone would when addressing the country. Why would anyone in his position shine a light on the negatives?

pghin08
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Either ignore it or own it. Don't blame it on someone else. If he isn't thick-skinned enough to take the accusations then he needs to ignore it, not pass the buck.

If he had any semblance of PR ability he would have responded with something like this...

"I never realized that I may come off that way, but now that I keep hearing it in the press I realize that it is a perception that is out there. Perhaps that is something I need to work on because the last thing I want is the American people to perceive that I do not care or am cold."

He could have won MAJOR points for a response like that.

No, probably not. Most of his critics would have said, "Boy, how out of touch with the public is he?"

duane1969
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
No, probably not. Most of his critics would have said, "Boy, how out of touch with the public is he?"

He would have won major points with me. Owning your reality is a sign of integrity.

pghin08
01-26-2012, 11:06 AM
He would have won major points with me. Owning your reality is a sign of integrity.

That would be a dynamite bumper sticker.