PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please help! Michael Jordan Auto jersey GAI Steve sipe Finals Jersey Auto

wtracy84
01-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Hey all a guy recently asked to trade a jordan finals jersey auto certified by steve sipe from GAI. I really don't know anything about memorabilia or how authenticate this possible is. Should I trust the authentication and what is the jersey worth? Here is an example of a sale, but of course one sale doesn't tell all in my opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27269&item=230714468940

blkdodge
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I would not trust anything from GAI, they have to be one of the worst authenticators next to ACE. If you are looking to get a Jordan, in my opinion, only trust one with UDA hologram and matching paperwork.

Hilfiger1975
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
i would not trust anything from gai, they have to be one of the worst authenticators next to ace. If you are looking to get a jordan, in my opinion, only trust one with uda hologram and matching paperwork.
+1

Sapphire Sports
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
GAI Is one of the Worst, I wouldnt touch anything from them.

Vegas
01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I would not trust anything from GAI, they have to be one of the worst authenticators next to ACE. If you are looking to get a Jordan, in my opinion, only trust one with UDA hologram and matching paperwork.

I totally agree, both GAI and ACE are garbage authenticators. Jordan rarely signs anything outside of his exclusive deal with Upper Deck. I personally wouldn't buy any Jordan auto unless it's Upper Deck Authenticated.

MrMojo
01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
ya id stay away from gai

wtracy84
01-24-2012, 03:22 PM
thanks guys, i thought it was odd not to be psa or uda authenticated but

blkdodge
01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I would not trust PSA or JSA either on Jordan, Mantle, Williams or Dimaggio. The FBI can't even tell the fakes made on these guys, the guys who forge them are that good. If you want to be sure only go with UDA on them. Dimaggio if tuff because he never really signed with a company. If you are intrested the book Operation Bullpen if a great read.