PDA

View Full Version : Police rant!!!!!!!!!!!!

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
So 2 months ago I get a ticket in my driveway for not wearing my seatbelt. Today, the same cop gave me a cell phone use ticket for checking the time on it.

What do you do when the same loser keeps trying to flex power? Raise my voice at the guy and he draws a gun....

What the hell is this world coming to.....

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
wait, what? how did you get a ticket in your driveway? did you get the ticket for not having your seatbelt on the road and you just received the ticket in your driveway?

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
wait, what? how did you get a ticket in your driveway? did you get the ticket for not having your seatbelt on the road and you just received the ticket in your driveway?

there is a stoplight in front of my place. i took it off for 1 second while stopped at the light to grab something from the back of my truck, instantly put it back on. i pulled into my driveway, put it in park and he was there ready to rock and roll.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
and he is the same one that just pulled the cell phone thing... must be a california thing.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Hmm. does your car not have a clock more easily available than looking at your phone?

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Hmm. does your car not have a clock more easily available than looking at your phone?

correct, no clock. i mean i understand cell phone use while driving, its proven to cause accidents. but i simply checked the time AND i wasnt moving either.

ensbergcollector
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
correct, no clock. i mean i understand cell phone use while driving, its proven to cause accidents. but i simply checked the time AND i wasnt moving either.

does california have a no cell phones law? i would check into details because you can prove by your phone bill whether you were making a call or a text at the time of the ticket. if you can prove you weren't using your phone you might be able to get the ticket cancelled.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
does california have a no cell phones law? i would check into details because you can prove by your phone bill whether you were making a call or a text at the time of the ticket. if you can prove you weren't using your phone you might be able to get the ticket cancelled.

thats what i was planning on doing, i contested the seat belt violation and he didnt show up to court, so i won that. he got especially mad when i let him know about that one. he said "if it is in your hand, its a ticket"

i guess in CA you cant even HOLD a cell phone.

moceanwerker
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
sounds pretty extreme...borderline harassment considering the nature of the "violations". You could make a complaint to his department, however you run the risk of placing a target on you for future interactions if his supervisor is on his side. Best to go to court and plead your side of things....I have a lot of LEOs in my family - some are better than others that's for sure lol...

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
You should of crumbled it up and threw it in the glove box... Can't stand power thirsty super troopers

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
You should of crumbled it up and threw it in the glove box... Can't stand power thirsty super troopers

i ripped it to a million pieces in front of him... one of those guys that hides behind his gun.. he even grabbed the gun after i blasted him with every police insult known to man. i live in a quiet area where i see this clown daily. ill go rent a ferarri and we can race :boxing:

AUTaxMan
01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I thought in most states, they couldn't pull you over for merely not wearing your seatbelt, but could cite you if you were pulled over for another offense and you weren't wearing it at the time.

Also, you realize these laws have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with raising revenue, right?

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I thought in most states, they couldn't pull you over for merely not wearing your seatbelt, but could cite you if you were pulled over for another offense and you weren't wearing it at the time.

Also, you realize these laws have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with raising revenue, right?

Its all about taking money from me, thats why I get so upset. If im gonna pay $200 to the county for touching my cell phone, I should have just done a big burn out with my trans am to at least make it worth it.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 12:59 PM

I'd fight the ticket. I'd think that your phone record could prove that you weren't texting or on the phone during the time in question.

Triple Peanut
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM

that used to be the case in PA, now i think they can pull you over for no seatbelt.
my only suggestion is to fight the ticket (always sucks going to traffic court) in the hopes that the judge will sympathize with or story and/or see that a lot of people are being harrassed by this particular officer.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
i ripped it to a million pieces in front of him... one of those guys that hides behind his gun.. he even grabbed the gun after i blasted him with every police insult known to man. i live in a quiet area where i see this clown daily. ill go rent a ferarri and we can race :boxing:

really, that's how you reacted? not a good move on your part. basically just putting a target on your back. did you overreact like that the first time you got your seat belt ticket?

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
that used to be the case in PA, now i think they can pull you over for no seatbelt.
my only suggestion is to fight the ticket (always sucks going to traffic court) in the hopes that the judge will sympathize with or story and/or see that a lot of people are being harrassed by this particular officer.

I would fight it to if you can prove you weren't on the phone or texting during the time you got a ticket. Although the ripping up of the ticket and insulting the officer probably won't help you much if you are trying to persuade them to let the ticket go.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:09 PM
I would fight it to if you can prove you weren't on the phone or texting during the time you got a ticket. Although the ripping up of the ticket and insulting the officer probably won't help you much if you are trying to persuade them to let the ticket go.

I didnt over react, he pulled me over to rob me. He can put as big a target on me as he wants. There was zero chance of him not writing the ticket. Its just money, but its the point. You pull me over for something that didnt happen, take $200 from me, and when I tell him how much of a dhead he is for it, he grabs the gun... If you are gonna play with your gun, better shoot it.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I didnt over react, he pulled me over to rob me. He can put as big a target on me as he wants. There was zero chance of him not writing the ticket. Its just money, but its the point. You pull me over for something that didnt happen, take $200 from me, and when I tell him how much of a dhead he is for it, he grabs the gun... If you are gonna play with your gun, better shoot it.

if you in fact ripped the ticket up and insulted him you absolutely overreacted and more importantly you hurt your case at fighting and potentially put yourself in a position to receive further citation or worse. I get that you'd be upset, that's not the issue. You reaction was not the smartest.

I don't know what your state laws say, but from the summarized stories that you posted you did have your seatbelt off (giving him the opportunity to see you without your seatbelt on) and you were looking at your phone (giving him the opportunity to see you messing with your phone). Now, I have no clue what he saw or what his motive was but you can't deny that he saw you without your seatbelt on and with your phone in your hand whether or not it was for a second or to check the time. I guess what I'm saying is look at it from his side. He did actually see you doing the things he ticketed you for. It's not like he pulled you over and busted out your tail light or pulled a speed trap ala Roscoe P Coltrain.

as for grabbing his gun, if I ticketed a guy and he started getting aggressive with me, I'd probably be at the ready as well. I've never been trained as an officer, but they typically don't like when people get aggressive with them. I would have saved your energy for fighting the tickets in court rather than yelling at him.

also, I'm not saying you did or didn't deserve a ticket but I would have reacted way differently and planned to fight the ticket legally.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:25 PM

sounds like he pulled you over because he say you with your phone and perceived it as you talking or texting. He has no clue you were just checking the time.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:26 PM
if you in fact ripped the ticket up and insulted him you absolutely overreacted and more importantly you hurt your case at fighting and potentially put yourself in a position to receive further citation or worse. I get that you'd be upset, that's not the issue. You reaction was not the smartest.

I don't know what your state laws say, but from the summarized stories that you posted you did have your seatbelt off (giving him the opportunity to see you without your seatbelt on) and you were looking at your phone (giving him the opportunity to see you messing with your phone). Now, I have no clue what he saw or what his motive was but you can't deny that he saw you without your seatbelt on and with your phone in your hand whether or not it was for a second or to check the time. I guess what I'm saying is look at it from his side. He did actually see you doing the things he ticketed you for. It's not like he pulled you over and busted out your tail light or pulled a speed trap ala Roscoe P Coltrain.

as for grabbing his gun, if I ticketed a guy and he started getting aggressive with me, I'd probably be at the ready as well. I've never been trained as an officer, but they typically don't like when people get aggressive with them. I would have saved your energy for fighting the tickets in court rather than yelling at him.

also, I'm not saying you did or didn't deserve a ticket but I would have reacted way differently and planned to fight the ticket legally.

I know what your saying. As far as the gun, I do not agree. I did not have any weapons in my car, I did not try to get out of my car. I insulted him, and he reminded me he has the power to end my life.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
oh well, just had to rant a little! in the big scope of things, its not a big deal really, just an infraction! ill take that over the serious ones all day!

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
smh at people sticking up for cops pulling their guns because someone got "loud" with them.. thats no different than someone pulling a gun on you for arguing with them, guess thats right too

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
if i had refused an order to get out of my car, got out and ran at him, told him i was going to beat his ### and lunged at him fine. but all i did was remind him that he was a for writing...

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
smh at people sticking up for cops pulling their guns because someone got "loud" with them.. thats no different than someone pulling a gun on you for arguing with them, guess thats right too

he never said he pulled his gun. he said he put his hand on it. UH, it's a HUGE difference than just someone pulling a gun in an argument among citizens and an officer putting his hand on his gun when a driver gets aggressive with him. He has no clue what the person he just pulled over is capable of. I'm not sticking up for the officer either. I'm saying that if you look at things from his side he actually saw him without a seatbelt and messing with his phone (both assumingly ticketable offenses). All I can go off of is what the poster says happen and I can see the officers side.

you can shake your head all you want, but if you start yelling at a police officer you're probably not going to get a good reaction, even if the officer is wrong.

mrveggieman
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Typical coward with a gun and a badge. He probably got beat up everyday on the school yard growing up.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:37 PM
he never said he pulled his gun. he said he put his hand on it. UH, it's a HUGE difference than just someone pulling a gun in an argument among citizens and an officer putting his hand on his gun when a driver gets aggressive with him. He has no clue what the person he just pulled over is capable of. I'm not sticking up for the officer either. I'm saying that if you look at things from his side he actually saw him without a seatbelt and messing with his phone (both assumingly ticketable offenses). All I can go off of is what the poster says happen and I can see the officers side.

you can shake your head all you want, but if you start yelling at a police officer you're probably not going to get a good reaction, even if the officer is wrong.

Cant forget it is not illegal to yell at a cop.

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM

i forgot you probably havent had a gun pulled on you before for a routine stop so maybe it is different in your eyes, but in my eyes ... putting your hand on a gun and pulling it out halfway while somebodys lettin you know how you can talk to them is a threat , like it or not

that cop is a coward

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Cant forget it is not illegal to yell at a cop.

never said it was illegal. he didn't get a ticket for yelling at him. What it can do is escalate a situation into somewhere neither of you want it to go.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:50 PM
never said it was illegal. he didn't get a ticket for yelling at him. What it can do is escalate a situation into somewhere neither of you want it to go.

Oh well.. its all over with.. for now at least. he is a coward, he patrols a super rich ritzy area and doesnt know what its like to really have to work.

hope he enjoys that 30k a year paycheck.

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
i forgot you probably havent had a gun pulled on you before for a routine stop so maybe it is different in your eyes, but in my eyes ... putting your hand on a gun and pulling it out halfway while somebodys lettin you know how you can talk to them is a threat , like it or not

that cop is a coward

true, I've never done anything to cause a gun to be pulled on me or been confused for someone who may need a gun pulled at me by an officer. However, if I started yelling at an officer and ripped up a ticket I would expect that officer to think he may need to think about protecting himself. The current post was not pulling his gun. It was that he put his hand on his gun to be ready for things going past him just yelling. Officers are trained to expect the worst. That's how they increase their odds of going home every night. That's not to say that bad cops don't exist or that cops don't overuse their power. Some do, Some don't. LIke I said before, if you get aggressive (even verbally) you're going to get a bad reaction out of most police officers.

you don't know if that officer is a coward any more than I know if he was abusing his power or not.

can I ask what circumstances you had a gun pulled on you during a routine traffic stop?

Star_Cards
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Typical coward with a gun and a badge. He probably got beat up everyday on the school yard growing up.

or maybe he thought he was going to do something more than just yell at him. we'll never know, but it's the other side.

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
i honestly wasnt worried about getting shot at all.

i was rushed by 20 officers with assault rifles once in a case of mistaken identity, lets just say THAT wasnt fun...

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
true, I've never done anything to cause a gun to be pulled on me or been confused for someone who may need a gun pulled at me by an officer. However, if I started yelling at an officer and ripped up a ticket I would expect that officer to think he may need to think about protecting himself. The current post was not pulling his gun. It was that he put his hand on his gun to be ready for things going past him just yelling. Officers are trained to expect the worst. That's how they increase their odds of going home every night. That's not to say that bad cops don't exist or that cops don't overuse their power. Some do, Some don't. LIke I said before, if you get aggressive (even verbally) you're going to get a bad reaction out of most police officers.

you don't know if that officer is a coward any more than I know if he was abusing his power or not.

can I ask what circumstances you had a gun pulled on you during a routine traffic stop?

It was a sunny day and i did nothing wrong but had a seatbelt on and signaled to pull over to shoulder... was told to get out wit gun in hand and was asked about illegal things which i knew nothing about such as large amounts of cash or guns

where the hell did they get all those questions from

lets just say being it happened in tennessee outside of memphis im not very suprised

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
It was a sunny day and i did nothing wrong but had a seatbelt on and signaled to pull over to shoulder... was told to get out wit gun in hand and was asked about illegal things which i knew nothing about such as large amounts of cash or guns

lets just say being it happened in tennessee outside of memphis im not very suprised

mistaken ID.. that situation can get very dangerous.

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
mistaken ID.. that situation can get very dangerous.

not even , he didn't tell me about that, only question he asked is "what am i doing on the highway , and where am i going" and all this other stuff, basically sayin you look suspect

like its any of his damn business, i know why he asked.. but im going to keep that one between people who get it

palmdesertcards
01-24-2012, 02:04 PM
not even , he didn't tell me about that, only question he asked is "what am i doing on the highway , and where am i going" and all this other stuff, basically sayin you look suspect

like its any of his damn business, i know why he asked.. but im going to keep that one between people who get it

i was pickin a guy up for work once at 5 AM and got pulled over. I asked what was wrong and he stated I looked "nervous"

lol that was a joke of a pull over

lloydr04
01-24-2012, 02:10 PM
i was pickin a guy up for work once at 5 AM and got pulled over. I asked what was wrong and he stated I looked "nervous"

lol that was a joke of a pull over

you gotta also love how its illegal to accidentally hit the turn signal and turn it right off... just to ask for insurance and license and where i was going

told him none of his business , only people who are puppets feel they need to bow down to these dudes when they are pulled over.. you also have rights

watch and learn

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1L0JYPAPX06115cX

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Oh well.. its all over with.. for now at least. he is a coward, he patrols a super rich ritzy area and doesnt know what its like to really have to work.

hope he enjoys that 30k a year paycheck.

As someone who is currently going to the police academy and is currently working as an intern for the police until I graduate the police academy I have to say your dead wrong for what you have said.

In training we are told if someone gets loud rips up tickets and starts arguing with you you should be ready for anything to happen and should be prepared which would explain his hand on his gun.

As for he is a coward again he did as he was trained and NO COP IS A COWARD. They put their lives on the line everyday to protect you the least you can do is not make fun of them. The cop saw you without a seatbelt and gave you a ticket thats a cut and dry case. He saw you with a cell phone again cut and dry case.

To call someone a Coward for doing their job CORRECTLY that shows who the real coward is. You were caught breaking the law just suck it up, calling the cop a coward isn't going to change anything.

One day somebody might break into your house and have you at gunpoint I bet if the responding officer was this same officer as the one who gave you the 2 tickets I bet you wouldn't be calling him a coward then. Weather you think they were right or wrong police serve an important part to everyday life and should always be respected not being called cowards or hiding behind the badge and gun or being that kid who was beat up everyday at school.

Learn some respect for the people who protect you everyday on the streets.

theonedru
01-25-2012, 05:59 AM
As someone who is currently going to the police academy and is currently working as an intern for the police until I graduate the police academy I have to say your dead wrong for what you have said.

In training we are told if someone gets loud rips up tickets and starts arguing with you you should be ready for anything to happen and should be prepared which would explain his hand on his gun.

As for he is a coward again he did as he was trained and NO COP IS A COWARD. They put their lives on the line everyday to protect you the least you can do is not make fun of them. The cop saw you without a seatbelt and gave you a ticket thats a cut and dry case. He saw you with a cell phone again cut and dry case.

To call someone a Coward for doing their job CORRECTLY that shows who the real coward is. You were caught breaking the law just suck it up, calling the cop a coward isn't going to change anything.

One day somebody might break into your house and have you at gunpoint I bet if the responding officer was this same officer as the one who gave you the 2 tickets I bet you wouldn't be calling him a coward then. Weather you think they were right or wrong police serve an important part to everyday life and should always be respected not being called cowards or hiding behind the badge and gun or being that kid who was beat up everyday at school.

Perfectly said

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 06:17 AM

http://cdn.styleforum.net/7/73/734afc61_facepalm.gif

Cut and dry huh? I would like to thank you for you doing your job and you seem to be serious about it.. but this is whats wrong with some cops , how is checking your phone for time illegal and "cut" and "dry".. who cares what that dude thinks, oh but because he has a badge.. he can say what he wants and touch his gun when someone else voices how they feel about the situation

Not all cops are like you, some are on a power trip and are truly bad hearted people... just like any other profession, or do you want to stick up for cops who also been in trouble for being paid off by dealers and even put in work on the same people they swore to "serve"?

Are you EVEN a cop yet?

Theres a couple in my family , and they are good people and go to work to provide for their families... and let me tell you they will be the first to let you know there are COWARDS in the force , stop getting so defensive dude , until you know where the other cop stands and his true feelings.. how are you going to tell someone else how to feel?

Oh and if someone non violently gets loud, doesnt reach for anything at all and takes out their frustration on a piece of paper, they should be prepared to get popped? nice policy bro, thought they had mase for that

SingleDaddyof2
01-25-2012, 06:26 AM

Learn some respect for the people who protect you everyday on the streets.I agree, very nice post. We know cops are human and not perfect, but I'd rather live in a world with cops than live in a world without cops (even if the main purpose of writing tickets is to bring in revenue for the system). And, like most people, I have had a few less than good experiences with cops but 98% of the time, cops have treated me the same way I've treated them--with respect (even when they were wrong/imperfect).

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 06:29 AM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/7/73/734afc61_facepalm.gif

Cut and dry case huh? I would like to thank you for you doing your job and you seem to be serious about it.. but this is whats wrong with some cops , how is checking your phone for time illegal and "cut" and "dry".. who cares what that dude thinks, oh but because he has a badge.. he can say what he wants and touch his gun when someone else voices how they feel about the situation

Were I am there is a no texting law not sure about where you are how they define it but here you don't have to be texting. If you have a phone in your hands behind the wheel your getting a ticket.

Not all cops are like you, some are on a power trip and are truly bad hearted people... just like any other profession, or do you want to stick up for cops who also been in trouble for being paid off by dealers and even put in work on the same people they swore to "serve"?

While some may be the power hungry or corrupt cops the vast majority are not. The cop in your case does not seem to fit the profile as either as again you were seen without a seatbelt (ticketable offense) and seen with a phone in hand (ticketable offense at least it is here not sure on the wording of the law in your state)

Are you EVEN a cop yet?

If you read my message clearly you would have seen I am in the police academy currently but working an internship with the local PD doing ride alongs and further learning the process.

Theres a couple in my family , and they are good people and go to work to provide for their families... and let me tell you they will be the first to let you know there are COWARDS in the force , stop getting so defensive dude , until you know where the other cop stands and his true feelings.. how are you going to tell someone else how to feel?

I could say the same to you as you called the officer out as a coward. Do you know him personally or his feelings? Didn't think so so how can you just going around calling him a coward oh thats right its because your butthurt about getting two tickets.

Oh and if someone non violently gets loud, doesnt reach for anything at all and takes out their frustration on a piece of paper, they should be prepared to get popped? nice policy bro

When someone raises there temper yes we are supposed to be prepared for anything. When we pull someone over we don't know what you have in the car or how your are going to react so we are trained to expect the worst. If somebody gets angry and raises their voice it could easily escalate worse so we do take actions to avoid that.

And "they should be prepared to get popped" really? Reaching for our guns does not even come close to meaning be prepared to get popped. Usually if you reach for your gun (with no intent to actually use it) the agressive person usually gets the hint to lower their voice its like a scare tactic than anything.

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 06:32 AM
^^ your post is so full of fail i don't even know where to start.. ill let you redo that one and not quote you

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 06:33 AM
^^ your post is so full of fail i don't even know where to start.. ill let you redo that one and not quote you

Who was this directed to?

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by lloydr04 View Post

Cut and dry case huh? I would like to thank you for you doing your job and you seem to be serious about it.. but this is whats wrong with some cops , how is checking your phone for time illegal and "cut" and "dry".. who cares what that dude thinks, oh but because he has a badge.. he can say what he wants and touch his gun when someone else voices how they feel about the situation

Were I am there is a no texting law not sure about where you are how they define it but here you don't have to be texting. If you have a phone in your hands behind the wheel your getting a ticket.

While some may be the power hungry or corrupt cops the vast majority are not. The cop in your case does not seem to fit the profile as either as again you were seen without a seatbelt (ticketable offense) and seen with a phone in hand (ticketable offense at least it is here not sure on the wording of the law in your state)

Are you EVEN a cop yet?

If you read my message clearly you would have seen I am in the police academy currently but working an internship with the local PD doing ride alongs and further learning the process.

I could say the same to you as you called the officer out as a coward. Do you know him personally or his feelings? Didn't think so so how can you just going around calling him a coward oh thats right its because your butthurt about getting two tickets.

Oh and if someone non violently gets loud, doesnt reach for anything at all and takes out their frustration on a piece of paper, they should be prepared to get popped? nice policy bro

When someone raises there temper yes we are supposed to be prepared for anything. When we pull someone over we don't know what you have in the car or how your are going to react so we are trained to expect the worst. If somebody gets angry and raises their voice it could easily escalate worse so we do take actions to avoid that.

And "they should be prepared to get popped" really? Reaching for our guns does not even come close to meaning be prepared to get popped. Usually if you reach for your gun (with no intent to actually use it) the agressive person usually gets the hint to lower their voice its like a scare tactic than anything. ..

on second thought lol .. you are not even talking to the right person about the tickets... need a 5 hour energy bud?

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 06:37 AM
on second thought lol .. you are not even talking to the right person about the tickets... need a 5 hour energy bud?

Didn't even notice that I thought you were the OP.

Everything I replied or quoted to you still stands the same just turn it around and point it to OP.

Its still early LOL

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 06:39 AM

Didn't even notice that I thought you were the OP.

Everything I replied or quoted to you still stands the same just turn it around and point it to OP.

Its still early LOL

It's cool

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 06:42 AM
It's cool

Thanks

I guess when you started quoting me and replying as you did I just thought you were OP. I didn't look at the names.

But consider you were the OP who got the tickets did everything I say make sense about the raising the temper and why the phone was a ticketable offense and what not ?

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks

I guess when you started quoting me and replying as you did I just thought you were OP. I didn't look at the names.

But consider you were the OP who got the tickets did everything I say make sense about the raising the temper and why the phone was a ticketable offense and what not ?

It's pretty clear but from the way he is saying it , maybe the cop could of explained that to him as some peoples clock or what not maybe broke or need to check a time or maybe turn off an alarm with just a swipe of a finger... if he wasnt just sitting there texting im sure he could of let that one breeze by, buy hey maybe he was bored

the gun thing is a touchy situation as he probably could have just either put his hand on it as opposed to just taking it halfway out, or maybe told him to calm it down because its makin him feel that way.... i just dont see if you are not reaching for anything and hands are in clear view, why does the pistol even have to be involved.. but if he truly feels what he did ensures him he will go home that night.. guess i cant blame the man, doesn't mean i can't feel a certain way about him or the way it seemed to come off

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 06:56 AM
It's pretty clear but from the way he is saying it , maybe the cop could of explained that to him as some peoples clock or what not maybe broke or need to check a time or maybe turn off an alarm with just a swipe of a finger... if he wasnt just sitting there texting im sure he could of let that one breeze by, buy hey maybe he was bored

I'll give you that one as it is a touchy situation. The laws state any use of phone in hands is ticketable but most people wouldn't think of checking the time as a violation of the law. I can see how that goes both ways.

the gun thing is a touchy situation as he probably could have just either put his hand on it as opposed to just taking it halfway out, or maybe told him to calm it down because its makin him feel that way.... i just dont see if you are not reaching for anything and hands are in clear view, why does the pistol even have to be involved.. but if he truly feels what he did ensures him he will go home that night.. guess i cant blame the man, doesn't mean i can't feel a certain way about him or the way it seemed to come off

Always be ready is the simple response. His hands may be visible and have nothing in them but it only takes a split second to reach under the chair and grab a weapon the cop has no idea about. When someone is angry arguing and ripping up a ticket they could snap in a second and reach for something thats why we have our hands on our guns just in case as we don't know the person in the car.

I'll go back and read the whole thread as I thought I saw OP state his hand was on his gun I don't recall him saying the gun was pulled half out. I could be wrong but I'll double check.

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
^^ few responses down on the 3rd page for the gun thing

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 07:08 AM
^^ few responses down on the 3rd page for the gun thing

I see it now.

I myself wouldn't pull a gun if somebody was arguing or getting unruly with me but I would certainly have my hand on or near my gun to be prepared. I will say that if in this case the cop did actually pull the gun that the cop is wrong in this situation.

But as a rule of thumb if you don't want a cop reaching towards there gun don't try to argue or fight with them. At the end of the day if you just take a ticket and take it to court peacefully 90% of the time there will be no issue. When people start raising their voice and tearing up tickets thats where the problem starts and thats where OP's problem started in this case.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
NO COP IS A COWARD.

Please do not take this as a personal attack on you but what world do you live in? So the cops that beat the hell out of rodney king and did time in club fed over it were not cowards? What about the ones who killed Malace Green? What about cops who rape kids? Or the one cop in Ohio who killed his wife and young son? Need I go on. Yes they are some good cops but last time I checked no cop is walking on water or turning water into wine. If you have to carry a gun around (cop or criminal) in order to feel like a man, cannot handle your business on your own and have to pick on people weaker than you to make you feel better about yourself you are a coward bottom line.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 08:12 AM

I've been questioned in an investigation of a crime that I had no involvement. Not as intense as having guns drawn and such.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 08:21 AM
you gotta also love how its illegal to accidentally hit the turn signal and turn it right off... just to ask for insurance and license and where i was going

told him none of his business , only people who are puppets feel they need to bow down to these dudes when they are pulled over.. you also have rights

watch and learn

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1L0JYPAPX06115cX

puppets? My path crosses very little with the police. I haven't had negative experiences with them so I don't have the animosity that you obviously do and that's not saying that your animosity isn't just. I'm sure I'd feel similar if I had unwarranted negative experiences with them. I do however take offense to you calling me a "puppet" because I comply with an officer's questions when I've been pulled over for a legitimate reason or if they are investigating a legitimate crime.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Please do not take this as a personal attack on you but what world do you live in? So the cops that beat the hell out of rodney king and did time in club fed over it were not cowards? What about the ones who killed Malace Green? What about cops who rape kids? Or the one cop in Ohio who killed his wife and young son? Need I go on. Yes they are some good cops but last time I checked no cop is walking on water or turning water into wine. If you have to carry a gun around (cop or criminal) in order to feel like a man, cannot handle your business on your own and have to pick on people weaker than you to make you feel better about yourself you are a coward bottom line.

What I should have said is that the every day cop is not a coward of course there is always that 1% in any group but the cop in OP's original post does not fit the coward name tag.

"If you have to carry a gun around (cop or criminal) in order to feel like a man, cannot handle your business on your own and have to pick on people weaker than you to make you feel better about yourself you are a coward bottom line."

^^^trust me that is the 1% of cops the majority are no where near that. Media seems to only highlight the 1% of bad cops with the police brutality and stories like that because it gets attention. You rarely see the news portraying a normal cop on a normal days routine the only thing that gets shown are the bad examples.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh and if someone non violently gets loud, doesnt reach for anything at all and takes out their frustration on a piece of paper, they should be prepared to get popped? nice policy bro, thought they had mase for that

huh? who got popped for ripping up a piece of paper?

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM

Thank you!

Somebodies stretching the story a little on that one.
Theres a big difference from having his hand on the holster and getting popped.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Does everyone realize that people lie to the police all the time? I wonder how many times that particular officer has heard the "I was checking my clock" statement? Not saying the OP was lying, but just pointing out the other side of the story.

I do agree that there are bad cops out there. I was just trying to look at things from the cops perspective of having legit reasons to pull the OP over. There may be "cowards" on the force but I still don't think lloydr04 has legitimate experience to call this officer a coward just from the OPs statements of the run ins with him.

As for the no texting law in general, we just got it but it's really weird because the law in indiana is only for texting so legally you can do other things on your phone while driving. I find these laws tricky because with the amount of things your phone does these days you can be messing with it and not texting at all. I do see where it gives police officers a lot more reason to pull people over where these no texting laws are. I guess the safest thing is to no even touch them while driving as to not look like you are texting.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 08:40 AM
What I should have said is that the every day cop is not a coward of course there is always that 1% in any group but the cop in OP's original post does not fit the coward name tag.

"If you have to carry a gun around (cop or criminal) in order to feel like a man, cannot handle your business on your own and have to pick on people weaker than you to make you feel better about yourself you are a coward bottom line."

^^^trust me that is the 1% of cops the majority are no where near that. Media seems to only highlight the 1% of bad cops with the police brutality and stories like that because it gets attention. You rarely see the news portraying a normal cop on a normal days routine the only thing that gets shown are the bad examples.

Don't get me wrong there are a couple of cops in my fam as well as one of my best friends growing up is a cop but I would have to say the number is a little higher than 1%. IMO the police need to do a better job policing themselves so they the public wont think that all cops are like the "1%".

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Don't get me wrong there are a couple of cops in my fam as well as one of my best friends growing up is a cop but I would have to say the number is a little higher than 1%. IMO the police need to do a better job policing themselves so they the public wont think that all cops are like the "1%".

Okay maybe 1% was a little low lets say 5-10%

Op just struck a nerve with me when he called the cop that pulled him over a coward.

Its a shame that the 5-10% have ruined it for the rest of the cops. The public sees one cop act as a coward suddenly we're all cowards who do nothing but hide behind their badge and gun. You actually hear it quite a bit when OP said it it wasn't the first time I've seen innocent cops classified as something they're not.

Heck I've only been working with my PD for 3 months as an intern recruit and at least 3-4 days a week you get someone who shows no respect and starts busting out the names and insults. Why can't anyone ever just accept they got caught doing something wrong and man up? Why does everyone have to be a dick and and actually believe they were right and the cop was just ticketing them because they have a badge and can?

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Op just struck a nerve with me when he called the cop that pulled him over a coward.

Its a shame that the 5-10% have ruined it for the rest of the cops. The public sees one cop act as a coward suddenly we're all cowards who do nothing but hide behind their badge and gun. You actually hear it quite a bit when OP said it it wasn't the first time I've seen innocent cops classified as something they're not.

Heck I've only been working with my PD for 3 months as an intern recruit and at least 3-4 days a week you get someone who shows no respect and starts busting out the names and insults. Why can't anyone ever just accept they got caught doing something wrong and man up? Why does everyone have to be a dick and and actually believe they were right and the cop was just ticketing them because they have a badge and can?

Yes the percentage of bad cops have ruined it for all the good ones. However the cops have to start checking each other. First of all stop with the blue wall of science. Cops are not or shouldn't be street thugs who live by the no snitching code. Cops are paid by tax payers to enforce the law not cover up for their buddies.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Does everyone realize that people lie to the police all the time? I wonder how many times that particular officer has heard the "I was checking my clock" statement? Not saying the OP was lying, but just pointing out the other side of the story.

I do agree that there are bad cops out there. I was just trying to look at things from the cops perspective of having legit reasons to pull the OP over. There may be "cowards" on the force but I still don't think lloydr04 has legitimate experience to call this officer a coward just from the OPs statements of the run ins with him.

As for the no texting law in general, we just got it but it's really weird because the law in indiana is only for texting so legally you can do other things on your phone while driving. I find these laws tricky because with the amount of things your phone does these days you can be messing with it and not texting at all. I do see where it gives police officers a lot more reason to pull people over where these no texting laws are. I guess the safest thing is to no even touch them while driving as to not look like you are texting.

I love the first part of your response LOL.

Trust me you can tell the cops any excuse you want true or not the cop isn't going to believe you (not saying the checking the time was a lie or not). Every traffic stop we get the same BS lies and excuses that we can't tell the truth from the lies because everybody has used every line in the book. If I pulled someone over with a phone in there hand and they said they were checking the time how do I really know thats true and not just a quick on the spot response.

Last week I was doing a ride along and we pulled over someone for having a broken taillight they claimed it just happened 30 mins ago at walmart. How are we supposed to believe them? It could have been broken for months and they just made the excuse you never know. The checking the time story is exactally like the taillight theres no way to prove it when the cop is pulling you over. You can get our phone records to show in court you weren't texting but when your on the side of the road you can't prove anything and will likely get the ticket.

My personal fav is the kid in a Mustang we pulled over 2 weeks ago for doing 76mph in a 45mph zone. His excuse was its his dad car (it was) and it was his first time driving it and he wasn't used to the soft gas pedal. The pedal doesn't change the fact you have a working speedometer on the dash LOL

SLNoble13
01-25-2012, 09:06 AM
After reading all of the posts so far, I can see both sides of the story here. I am a certified law enforcement officer for the state of North Carolina. I spent almost 6 years as a Probation Parole Officer, not the same as a police officer. However, I still had and currently have powers of arrest, power to serve warrants, just like police officers do. I am also a certified state firearms instructor for the state. Currently I am a manager of a probation unit but I still work with local law enforcement.

An issue I think I understand that is bothering some of the posters on here is the fact that the officer "grabbed" his weapon. I did not see anywhere in the posts that the officer pulled his weapon out. When I worked in the field and as a firearms instructor, we train our officers that it is perfectly ok, legal and acceptable to place your hand on your sidearm. It is probably safe to say that is how this police officer involved in this situation was trained. I am sorry if the OP felt uneasy, threatened or whatever by this action. But by placing his hand on his weapon has been deemed through the court as non-threatening.

Police officers and probation officers and many other law enforcement officers do not know what a certain person is thinking under a stressful situation. When I worked in the field, I always had my hand on my weapon going up to a house making a contact with someone, whether they were on probation or not. Ok, I am sure some on here will say that is a completely different thing then what police officer do. True, but this issue comes down to training.

I am sure that this officer was trained to do this. I'm sorry you got caught with a cell phone in your hand and he ticketed you for it. Take it to court and fight it if you disagree with it. That is how our legal system has been set up. I'm also sorry you got a seal belt ticket (which was later dropped). Learn from these experiences and move on.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 09:10 AM
After reading all of the posts so far, I can see both sides of the story here. I am a certified law enforcement officer for the state of North Carolina. I spent almost 6 years as a Probation Parole Officer, not the same as a police officer. However, I still had and currently have powers of arrest, power to serve warrants, just like police officers do. I am also a certified state firearms instructor for the state.

An issue I think I understand that is bothering some of the posters on here is the fact that the officer "grabbed" his weapon. I did not see anywhere in the posts that the officer pulled his weapon out. When I worked in the field and as a firearms instructor, we train our officers that it is perfectly ok, legal and acceptable to place your hand on your sidearm. It is probably safe to say that is how this police officer involved in this situation was trained. I am sorry if the OP felt uneasy, threatened or whatever by this action.

Police officers and probation officers and many other law enforcement officers do not know what a certain person is thinking under a stressful situation. When I worked in the field, I always had my hand on my weapon going up to a house making a contact with someone, whether they were on probation or not. Ok, I am sure some on here will say that is a completely different thing then what police officer do. True, but this issue comes down to training.

I am sure that this officer was trained to do this. I'm sorry you got caught with a cell phone in your hand and he ticketed you for it. Take it to court and fight it if you disagree with it. That is how our legal system has been set up. I'm also sorry you got a seal belt ticket (which was later dropped). Learn from these experiences and move on.

Thank you for posting this.

I'm a rookie officer who in training was always taught to keep your weapon close and be prepared for anything and I've been trying to stress the hand on weapon for almost 3 pages now in this thread.

SLNoble13
01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Thank you for posting this.

I'm a rookie officer who in training was always taught to keep your weapon close and be prepared for anything and I've been trying to stress the hand on weapon for almost 3 pages now in this thread.

No problem. Thank you for what you do

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 09:45 AM
I love the first part of your response LOL.

Trust me you can tell the cops any excuse you want true or not the cop isn't going to believe you (not saying the checking the time was a lie or not). Every traffic stop we get the same BS lies and excuses that we can't tell the truth from the lies because everybody has used every line in the book. If I pulled someone over with a phone in there hand and they said they were checking the time how do I really know thats true and not just a quick on the spot response.

Last week I was doing a ride along and we pulled over someone for having a broken taillight they claimed it just happened 30 mins ago at walmart. How are we supposed to believe them? It could have been broken for months and they just made the excuse you never know. The checking the time story is exactally like the taillight theres no way to prove it when the cop is pulling you over. You can get our phone records to show in court you weren't texting but when your on the side of the road you can't prove anything and will likely get the ticket.

My personal fav is the kid in a Mustang we pulled over 2 weeks ago for doing 76mph in a 45mph zone. His excuse was its his dad car (it was) and it was his first time driving it and he wasn't used to the soft gas pedal. The pedal doesn't change the fact you have a working speedometer on the dash LOL

The stupid lies are my favorite when I watch shows like cops and alaska state trooper. Most of them that make those show are so ridiculous.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
After reading all of the posts so far, I can see both sides of the story here. I am a certified law enforcement officer for the state of North Carolina. I spent almost 6 years as a Probation Parole Officer, not the same as a police officer. However, I still had and currently have powers of arrest, power to serve warrants, just like police officers do. I am also a certified state firearms instructor for the state. Currently I am a manager of a probation unit but I still work with local law enforcement.

An issue I think I understand that is bothering some of the posters on here is the fact that the officer "grabbed" his weapon. I did not see anywhere in the posts that the officer pulled his weapon out. When I worked in the field and as a firearms instructor, we train our officers that it is perfectly ok, legal and acceptable to place your hand on your sidearm. It is probably safe to say that is how this police officer involved in this situation was trained. I am sorry if the OP felt uneasy, threatened or whatever by this action. But by placing his hand on his weapon has been deemed through the court as non-threatening.

great post and glad to hear a perspective of another person in the business. I watched a show called Rookies last year where they show you trainee officers out in the field with training officers. One thing that keeps coming to mind is that how different their mentality has to be. The rookies typically had a hard time adjusting to the fact that every stop had to be approached with the caution that this person could do you harm. Almost every move they make is to put them in the best defensive position should a scene turn bad. One trainee was critiqued simply by how he stood when asking a guy questions. He was standing with the side of his body with his firearm facing the person he stopped and was supposed to have it away from him. Now, I don't claim to know much about it by just watching a TV show, but it did give me a different perspective on simple stops that officers make and how they approach them.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM

You bet, I did call him a coward. You werent there at the stop now were you? I did not do anything wrong, per california vehicle code I did not break the law and therfor I was stopped for nothing. The loser took out some aggression from the last time we saw each other.

Before you start bashing me get your facts right. I struck a nerve? Must have hit home to you. I dont care what you or anyone else thinks, I did not break the law, have proof and will win it in court. When you pull me over to rob me of $200, you should feel blessed you are a cop. If anyone without a badge tried to steal $200 out of my pocket, they would be dialing 911 real fast.

As far as this cop goes, I hope HE is in a situation where he needs assistance. I wouldnt give him a damn thing.

Again, get your facts right before you get on your high horse and slam me

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 11:59 AM
No problem. Thank you for what you do

Back at ya.

Star_cards I love watching A&E rookies watching it reminds me of when I'm cruising with the Sergeant and everything you do is either wrong or could be done better LOL. As a rookie its a great show to watch and learn see what the other rookies do right and wrong and learn from it.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:06 PM
You bet, I did call him a coward. You werent there at the stop now where you? I did not do anything wrong, per california vehicle code I did not break the law and therfor I was stopped for nothing. The loser took out some aggression from the last time we saw each other.

Before you start bashing me get your facts right. I struck a nerve? Must have hit home to you. I dont care what you or anyone else thinks, I did not break the law, have proof and will win it in court. When you pull me over to rob me of $200, you should feel blessed you are a cop. If anyone without a badge tried to steal $200 out of my pocket, they would be dialing 911 real fast.

As far as this cop goes, I hope HE is in a situation where he needs assistance. I wouldnt give him a damn thing.

Again, get your facts right before you get on your high horse and slam me

I'm at a loss of words here.

I guess you did absolutely nothing wrong and were just out driving enjoying the sunshine and smelling the flowers when a coward cop saw you with a phone in hand and he said oh I know I can bust that son of a B.

Your a modern day saint who does nothing wrong and can't ever be wrong or at fault so I guess this comment won't even matter.

Have a nice day :kiss:

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm at a loss of words here.

I guess you did absolutely nothing wrong and were just out driving enjoying the sunshine and smelling the flowers when a coward cop saw you with a phone in hand and he said oh I know I can bust that son of a B.

Your a modern day saint who does nothing wrong and can't ever be wrong or at fault so I guess this comment won't even matter.

Have a nice day :kiss:

Would love to meet you on the side of the road. Does holding your taser make you feel tough bro?

Mods, please close this thread, no point in letting it go on.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Would love to meet you on the side of the road. Does holding your taser make you feel tough bro?

Mods, please close this thread, no point in letting it go on.

Yep personal treats over the computer you must be a big man :boxing:

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Yep personal treats over the computer you must be a big man :boxing:

did i threaten you? I said I would love to meet you on the side of the road, please explain. :basket:

There isnt even words for this lol im done in here. Not going to argue with a rookie cop on a card forum, not my flavor .

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
did i threaten you? I said I would love to meet you on the side of the road, please explain. :basket:

We all know what you meant its just like saying I'd like to run into him in a dark alley.

We know your I'd love to meet you on the side of the road wasn't to sit at the side of the road and enjoy a beer come on.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:15 PM
We all know what you meant its just like saying I'd like to run into him in a dark alley.

We know your I'd love to meet you on the side of the road wasn't to sit at the side of the road and enjoy a beer come on.

Alright man. take care.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 12:16 PM

wow. you even get aggressive towards people having a discussion on a message board.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
wow. you even get aggressive towards people having a discussion on a message board.

sure:smokin:

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 12:18 PM

There isnt even words for this lol im done in here. Not going to argue with a rookie cop on a card forum, not my flavor .

LOL. did you mean you wanted to meet him on the side of a road for a chat? it's kind of obvious what you were insinuating.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
LOL. did you mean you wanted to meet him on the side of a road for a chat? it's kind of obvious what you were insinuating.

Actually a chat in real life in a real situation would be great. I would probably be able to understand his opinion better in a real situation versus a message board where he is just sticking up for his peers.

I may be fired up a lot, but I dont think I would try a fist fight with someone with a gun and rack in a few felonies.

This thread is teetering on out of control status so lets just keep it constructive yeah?

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
And also before this thread gets shut down can you please look at it from our angle.

If you unbuckled to get something from the back seat, If a cop sees you unbuckled are you not breaking the seatbelt law? it doesn't matter if its in front of your house for only a minute you were still operating a motor vehicle unbuckled.

The phone is an iffy subject that could go both ways. I believe you were looking at the time but if a cop sees you from a distance with a phone in your hands he is to only assume your were texting and breaking the law. If you weren't good for you it can easy be fought in court.

just because it happened to be the same cop on seperate instances even minor instances I still fail to see how him stopping you for what he assumed was you breaking the law makes him a coward. If in fact he were a coward he wouldn't be putting his badge on everyday and putting the life on the line if he were a coward he wouldn't be in this line of work.

Just because you had a bad run in with him that didn't go your way that doesn't classify him as a coward that classifies you as somebody who can't man the F up and take responsability for your actions. You just rather blame him accusing him of having a grudge on you and crying unfair to the judge.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Actually a chat in real life in a real situation would be great. I would probably be able to understand his opinion better in a real situation versus a message board where he is just sticking up for his peers.

I may be fired up a lot, but I dont think I would try a fist fight with someone with a gun and rack in a few felonies.

This thread is teetering on out of control status so lets just keep it constructive yeah?

I've been nothing but constructive, in my opinion. I think my comments have been pretty well thought out and have seen the situations from both sides. I have nothing to do with the teetering of the thread.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Dude I DO see it from your side, I really do. I have had my fair share of actual offenses. I have driven over 50,000 miles on a revoked license. I have spent time in jail before over infractions. I used to be a cops nightmare, but I have grown and have a SPOTLESS record now.

HOWEVER, before you tell me to man up and huff and puff... Read the laws. The law states that you can not engage in text messaging or speech on your phone while operating a motor vehicle. I did neither, I popped it out of my pocket, checked the clock, and put it right back. I did not break the law.

The seatbelt issue is not as clear cut. I was stopped at a light, transmission in park and took it off to reach something.

Im not blaming anyone, except the loser trying to pump up his quota. The cell phone stop ESPECIALLY was BS as it is CLEAR CUT i was not breaking the law.

We will see who has the last laugh when the infrction is dropped.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Trust me I never meant for this thread to get out of control and start personal arguments I was just trying to show you that just like everything else in life there are two points of view to the story. The cops and the pedestrians will always have two different view points I'm just trying to get you to recognize our view point and maybe you won't be so upset about it.

Anything you took personally I apologize for (Instead of hiding and being a coward JK LOL)

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Trust me I never meant for this thread to get out of control and start personal arguments I was just trying to show you that just like everything else in life there are two points of view to the story. The cops and the pedestrians will always have two different view points I'm just trying to get you to recognize our view point and maybe you won't be so upset about it.

Anything you took personally I apologize for (Instead of hiding and being a coward JK LOL)

No harm done man. We were just giving our opinions, and beleive it or not i do respect yours. I have friends that are police that are great people. This is a unique situation and I am in a low populated area. I drive as perfect as I can now on his patrol area. I only got upset with him because it wasnt a fair sitatuion. When I have been popped for speeding, no drivers license, and so forth I am just like "alright man, you got me whats the next step"

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Dude I DO see it from your side, I really do. I have had my fair share of actual offenses. I have driven over 50,000 miles on a revoked license. I have spent time in jail before over infractions. I used to be a cops nightmare, but I have grown and have a SPOTLESS record now.

Congrats on cleaning up the record

HOWEVER, before you tell me to man up and huff and puff... Read the laws. The law states that you can not engage in text messaging or speech on your phone while operating a motor vehicle. I did neither, I popped it out of my pocket, checked the clock, and put it right back. I did not break the law.

Like I said early the phone is iffy. Was the cop in the car next to you could he see what you were doing on the phone? Nope. He saw the phone and assumed you were texting which in a normal situation why else would you be using a phone as most cars have clocks to check the time. If they see a phone in hand no matter what your using it for you can be stopped and checked out but its an easy one to fight in court just show phone records that show no texts or calls at that time and your golden.

The seatbelt issue is not as clear cut. I was stopped at a light, transmission in park and took it off to reach something.

if your stopped at a light even in park the motor is running its considered operating a motor vehicle because its under power so yes you would still need a seatbelt/

Im not blaming anyone, except the loser trying to pump up his quota. The cell phone stop ESPECIALLY was BS as it is CLEAR CUT i was not breaking the law.

Again from his viewpoint phone in hand=possible text still have to check it out.

I wish you the best of luck as you've said you weren't doing anything just show phone records and your good to go.

This is my last reply and then this thread can vanish in thin air you'll never see me again.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 12:36 PM

as for the phone, most people have said that with your phone record in hand you can get that overturned. doesn't make the officer wrong. he wrote the ticket based on what he saw. the evidence of your phone bill wasn't available to him at the time.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:36 PM
that post sums it up about right.

phone records=proof of phone use

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
that post sums it up about right.

phone records=proof of phone use

Exactally no way to prove it on the side of the road if in fact OP is right he should have no problem in court.

If the cop sees you with a phone thats all he needs to write a ticket everything else is up to you to prove him wrong. Thats why I personally don't like enforcing the law but its just something we have to do.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
could i have handed him my phone so he could check my call log/texts?

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:48 PM
could i have handed him my phone so he could check my call log/texts?

If I were the responding officer I would have gladly checked your text in/outbox and sent you on your way 30 seconds later. Thats honestly the best thing you could have done in the situation.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:52 PM
If I were the responding officer I would have gladly checked your text in/outbox and sent you on your way 30 seconds later. Thats honestly the best thing you could have done in the situation.

its not a privacy thing?

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
its not a privacy thing?

If your giving consent for us to go through your phone history and are willing to sign a waiver saying so there is no privacy issue. At least here in Michigan anyway.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:56 PM
If your giving consent for us to go through your phone history and are willing to sign a waiver saying so there is no privacy issue. At least here in Michigan anyway.

interesting, california is a crazy place so who knows here.

MattDMC
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
interesting, california is a crazy place so who knows here.

I'd be willing to bet that if you gave them consent they would have no problem going through your phone without there being a privacy problem.

Good luck on your court date.

palmdesertcards
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
thanks.

see ya guys.

Star_Cards
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Following indiana's law the officer has no right to take or look at your phone. However if it proved my innocence I'd more than likely waive the right.

SLNoble13
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM

I'm not one to sit here and blame either you or the police officer about the cell phone. I agree that you take your phone records to court to prove you were not texting or calling and I am sure a judge will rule in your favor. I believe you if you say you weren't using the phone (texting/calling). And I do believe you will probably win your case.

Only other thing I want to say about the comment you made about the seal belt law not being clear cut. Are you saying you were in your car, stopped at a red light, with the engine running in park and pulled your seat belt off? If so, I just want to share this with you. (this is NC law and I cannot speak on the laws from your state).

If you leave a bar/club/whichever and you are drunk and you get behind your wheel, do not crank the car up and a cop sees you, they still can arrest you for a DWI. Do I agree with this law, absolutely not. But the way the law sees it, at that point you become the driver of that vehicle and if the car can move even in park you are driving and responsible for that car. In comparision, the seat belt ticket, you were still responsible for that vehicle at that time and it was running and in traffic. Sorry I can't agree with you there. But I am glad you got it dismissed

So I can't agree with you about the law being unclear about the seat belt issue. I have a friend who had his seal belt on, draped his left shoulder over it, got pulled by highway patrol who gave him a seat belt ticket. Yes his selt belt was on, but it was not on correctly.

I am not trying to start another blow up just trying to give some points about the law here, at least North Carolina law. Sorry, I don't know your states law.

lloydr04
01-25-2012, 02:24 PM

actually im good, you're right