PDA

View Full Version : Software analyzes bible to see if multiple authors wrote the bible

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I was searching online becasue I had some religious questions that I wanted answered by adults and not childish arguments and name calling (no offense to anyone on here :winking0071:) and I ran across this article. I am curious to get the forums thoughts on it.

http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-algorithm-sheds-light-bible-163128454.html

Also if the bible can be analyzed Im sure that other holy books such as the Koran, Book of Morman, etc could be reviewed in a similar way.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
It's interesting, but that is all. Whether or not sections of the Bible were written by one entity or many is the least of the credibility problems that religion has.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM
It's a good start. People love to claim that their religion is superior and if you follow anything except for their version you will be damned to hell for ever and ever. This could possibly show that someone's favorite holy book may not have been written by who they claim wrote it.

habsheaven
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I hear what you are saying but my point is; with religion, nobody's mind is going to be changed by what some software says.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
interesting. not sure anything groundbreaking will come of it but it is nice for discussion.

veggie - as for your first post that of course wasn't directed at anyone, if you asked questions, instead of attacking the person you asked, you could probably get answers. i have answered numerous questions via pm since all religion threads end in a bash christianity thread.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
interesting. not sure anything groundbreaking will come of it but it is nice for discussion.

veggie - as for your first post that of course wasn't directed at anyone, if you asked questions, instead of attacking the person you asked, you could probably get answers. i have answered numerous questions via pm since all religion threads end in a bash christianity thread.

Yeah I was having fun with the group by saying that but I was since you mentioned I was looking for some information regarding seven day adventists. I started to find some of what I was looking for. However if you don't mind me asking what kind of christian preacher are you? If you feel comfortable answering you can put it her or if you prefer send me a pm. Thanks.

ensbergcollector
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah I was having fun with the group by saying that but I was since you mentioned I was looking for some information regarding seven day adventists. I started to find some of what I was looking for. However if you don't mind me asking what kind of christian preacher are you? If you feel comfortable answering you can put it her or if you prefer send me a pm. Thanks.

i am a church of christ youth minister. in the churches of christ, each church is it's own entity and doesn't answer to a central human authority like most denominations. As such, you can find churches of christ that range from the most conservative to the most progressive.

duane1969
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
No need to waste money developing software and analyzing it. It is a widely accepted concept that Moses, Jeremiah, Solomon, Ezra, Ezekiel, Jonah and many, many others wrote various parts of the Bible.

mrveggieman
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
i am a church of christ youth minister. in the churches of christ, each church is it's own entity and doesn't answer to a central human authority like most denominations. As such, you can find churches of christ that range from the most conservative to the most progressive.

Ok thanks. I like the more decentralized concept of churches but some people like more of a cooperate approach such as the seven day adventists or catholics. Whatever floats your boat.

@Duane I would love to see this research expanded. It may answer some questions that a lot of us have about God and his holy books.