PDA

View Full Version : Drone pilot finds river of blood outside dallas meatpacking plant

mrveggieman
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Here's a little something that will get your appetite going before lunch:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/drone-pilot-finds-river-blood-outside-dallas-meatpacking-155450010.html

pghin08
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Ew. Ew ew ew ew.

andrewhoya
01-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Uhhhhh thats disgusting.

duane1969
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I agree it is nasty looking, but what is the proper way to dispose of blood from a slaughter house? I ask because I do not know. It is organic material so I assumed it was OK with the EPA for it to be disposed of in the environment. We toss animal waste from food in the trash which then goes into the landfill. How is this different?

EDIT: I also laughed when they called him a "drone pilot". My first thought was "Why is the military flying drones over civilian areas?" Then I read the article and thought "Why are they calling a guy with a camera taped to a RC plane a drone pilot?"

duwal
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree it is nasty looking, but what is the proper way to dispose of blood from a slaughter house? I ask because I do not know. It is organic material so I assumed it was OK with the EPA for it to be disposed of in the environment. We toss animal waste from food in the trash which then goes into the landfill. How is this different?

I agree, I don't know why people can say ewwww...what exactly did they think would be going on at a meat packing plant..or a slaughterhouse....or on a large fishing or whaling ship

Star_Cards
01-27-2012, 09:07 AM
good point about wondering how the proper way to dispose of this. seems like slaughter houses could sell their animal waste to fertilizer companies or something.

pghin08
01-27-2012, 09:19 AM

EDIT: I also laughed when they called him a "drone pilot". My first thought was "Why is the military flying drones over civilian areas?" Then I read the article and thought "Why are they calling a guy with a camera taped to a RC plane a drone pilot?"

Subtle media sensationalism at it's finest! They love to suck you in with keywords. You see the word "drone", and you'll read the article. I ran into my office today because it was raining. If a news personality saw me, the headline probably would have been "Man daringly evades saturation!"

wrigleyfield
01-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Subtle media sensationalism at it's finest! They love to suck you in with keywords. You see the word "drone", and you'll read the article. I ran into my office today because it was raining. If a news personality saw me, the headline probably would have been "Man daringly evades saturation!"

That is awesome!

Star_Cards
01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
"Man daringly evades saturation!"

awesome!!!

duane1969
01-27-2012, 06:41 PM

Oh! Oh! I got one better!!

"Local Man Survives After Suffering Onslaught Of Unfrozen Ice"