PDA

View Full Version : Did ron paul sign off on racists 1990s newsletter?

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow I hope that this isn't true. If so it proves that most republican politicians are nothing but racists scumbags who only care for themselves. SMH.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ron-paul-signed-off-on-racist-newsletters-sources-say/2012/01/20/gIQAvblFVQ_story.html

Star_Cards
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
actually, wouldn't it just prove that the republican politician who signed off on the newsletters would be racist? not sure how one man's actions defines an entire party.

AUTaxMan
01-27-2012, 04:14 PM
that's old news

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
actually, wouldn't it just prove that the republican politician who signed off on the newsletters would be racist? not sure how one man's actions defines an entire party.

One man mabey not, but a large percentage of men in the party probably so. Where there's smoke there's fire.

gatorboymike
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
What do you put in a racist newsletter anyway?

"This month, we hate black people."
"Dude, we hate black people all the time."
"Well, this month we hate them even more than usual."
"I dunno, I'm in more of a Welsh-hating mood this month."
"Well, we can put the Welsh at #2 on the Hatable Minorities Hot List."
"Right next to the fashion spread of the designer '12 Klan robes?"
"Yeah, and right above the ad for Confederate flag boxers."

Star_Cards
01-27-2012, 04:35 PM
lol @ confederate boxers. there may be a secondary target audience of fans of dukes of hazard.

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 04:38 PM
lol @ confederate boxers. there may be a secondary target audience of fans of dukes of hazard.

Believe it or not I actually considered buying a pair once because I was a fan of dukes of hazzard growing up but I decided not to because of who would be profitting from me buying them.

ensbergcollector
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
One man mabey not, but a large percentage of men in the party probably so. Where there's smoke there's fire.

come on man, you are better than that. so if one member of a party condones something that means "where there's smoke there's fire"?

you realize that is how all stereotypes begin and thrive right? so what, if he did, let's judge all whites people, all males, all republicans, all old people, etc. come on man.

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
come on man, you are better than that. so if one member of a party condones something that means "where there's smoke there's fire"?

you realize that is how all stereotypes begin and thrive right? so what, if he did, let's judge all whites people, all males, all republicans, all old people, etc. come on man.

Sorry bruh but I have to call it like I see it. I will admit there are racists in all aspects of life but I am seeing a larger precentage of racism from within the republican party than from other aspects of life.

ensbergcollector
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Sorry bruh but I have to call it like I see it. I will admit there are racists in all aspects of life but I am seeing a larger precentage of racism from within the republican party than from other aspects of life.

and I see more racism from the likes of al sharpton and jesse jackson then all the republicans combined. Or does racism only count when the offending party is white?

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 04:56 PM
and I see more racism from the likes of al sharpton and jesse jackson then all the republicans combined. Or does racism only count when the offending party is white?

Please feel free to provide examples of racism from jesse jackson that do not come from right wingers who are racist themselves.

ensbergcollector
01-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Please feel free to provide examples of racism from jesse jackson that do not come from right wingers who are racist themselves.

i think every time jesse jackson and al sharpton turn something into a race issue that shouldn't be one, it does more to keep racial tensions alive then just about anything else someone does.

*censored*
01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
*yawn*

Reported in 2008 too. Was blamed on an editor allowing it while Paul never saw it.

What next, will we hold Rupert Murdoch responsible for a factual inaccuracy by Bill O'Reilly on his show?

mrveggieman
01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
i think every time jesse jackson and al sharpton turn something into a race issue that shouldn't be one, it does more to keep racial tensions alive then just about anything else someone does.

Ok it figures no proof just opinions.

ensbergcollector
01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Ok it figures no proof just opinions.

it figures, you act like you don't know what I am talking about since apparently only white people can be racist.

gladdyontherise
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm liberal and i'm 100% sure Jesse Jackson is a racist. He's just out there looking for attention, also.

marekschwarz33
01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rv0Z5SNrF4

I know, it's a political ad, but as far as I know the story is 100% true. Also, I would suggest you look a little deeper into Dr. Paul's platform. He states that rights belong exclusively to individuals and are in no way defined by groups, race or otherwise.

boba
01-28-2012, 12:47 AM

The most racism in the USA I see today is from African American and Hispanic activists who are 99% liberals. This is mostly because it's acceptable for us ( I'm mostly Hispanic ) to do and say things that would be highly criticized for a white man to say or do.

Stop playing the racist card, its irrelevant.

steelers#1fan
01-28-2012, 10:28 AM
You have a good point.