PDA

View Full Version : Obama 4th Best President?

duane1969
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Per another discussion I came across this. I think my own thoughts on this are obvious (to those who know me) but thought I would see how others feel about it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/60-minutes-edits-out-obamas-claim-that-hes-the-fourth-best-president/

TPotts
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Hahahahaahahahahaha.

habsheaven
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
We had this same thread a few months ago.

Did you find the 60 Minutes piece about his early life?

Star_Cards
02-01-2012, 02:18 PM
he didn't really say he was the 4th best president. he said he would hold his accomplishments so far as president against those of Lyndon B. Johnson, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.

either way I don't think it's true and even if someone thought it is true it's way too early to tell. Presidential legacies aren't really decided until years after their term is over.

duane1969
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
We had this same thread a few months ago.

Did you find the 60 Minutes piece about his early life?

No. Looked everywhere. If you find it link it for us, please.

EDIT: The only reference I can find implies that Barry was a family nickname given to him by his father and that in college he preferred to be called Barack.

he didn't really say he was the 4th best president. he said he would hold his accomplishments so far as president against those of Lyndon B. Johnson, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.

either way I don't think it's true and even if someone thought it is true it's way too early to tell. Presidential legacies aren't really decided until years after their term is over.

My sentiments as well. I hold off final judgement until his presidency is over but him comparing his last 3 years as anything close to what was accomplished by the others is way off base IMO.

ajw9356
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
He's got a shot at top 50.

ajw9356
02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Or at least top 45

habsheaven
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
No. Looked everywhere. If you find it link it for us, please.

EDIT: The only reference I can find implies that Barry was a family nickname given to him by his father and that in college he preferred to be called Barack.

My sentiments as well. I hold off final judgement until his presidency is over but him comparing his last 3 years as anything close to what was accomplished by the others is way off base IMO.

Maybe it was a CNN piece. I will take a look later, see if I can find it.

gatorboymike
02-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Lol.

pghin08
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM

truth.

theonedru
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Lincoln was not that great a president either so obviously this report doesn't hold much merit.

AUTaxMan
02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Lincoln was not that great a president either so obviously this report doesn't hold much merit.

are you freaking kidding me?

theonedru
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
are you freaking kidding me?

Lincolns 2 greatest achievements were the emancipation proclamation and freeing the slaves, well read your history as the emancipation proclamation was a useless document and he never really freed the slaves... So yeah his accomplishments were never that great, just like Obama..

mrveggieman
02-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Lincolns 2 greatest achievements were the emancipation proclamation and freeing the slaves, well read your history as the emancipation proclamation was a useless document and he never really freed the slaves... So yeah his accomplishments were never that great, just like Obama..

Exactly Lincoln's goal was not to free the slaves per say but the save the union during the civil war. He used the threat of outlawing slavery as leverage against the south. Once the war ended and the south was defeated he had no choice but to end slavery. Even after the slaves were freed we still had no rights that whites were leagally obligated to respect.

AUTaxMan
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM

You need to read more.