PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought: Did I post prematurely?

sierra11b
02-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Recently I posted a few items for sale that i've owned since I was a teenager, most of which no longer have the COAs. When I joined the service in the 90s my Mother moved and lost a lot of that I owned which included a priceless autographed poster of all seven late astronauts of the Challenger shuttle crew that my Retired AF Grandfather (friend of Dick Scobee) signed personally. :Cry:

I had two forum members here offer their time in trying to help me, both telling me that the signatures do look legit but it would be in my best interest to get them authenticated.

How much does authenticating them cost? I'd really rather not spend too much in authenticating them (hence my return policy), especially if I still cannot move them. If it's too much money I'd rather just keep them.

One member here told me about the "quick opinion" service which seems affordable: http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinionebay.aspx#ebay

Can members here vouch for this service?

Thank you,
Eric

PackersFan1208
02-02-2012, 01:28 AM
i love PSA/DNA as soon as i see that on something im 100% comfortable

Vegas
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Due to al the scammers and fake autographs out there, most people are very hesitant to buy autographs that haven't been authenticated. If you don't want to incur the cost of authentication, then you...

meandsharon11
02-09-2012, 03:42 AM
its a big difference with a certificate and without one. Even the quick option is not 100%. Most people would not bid on it, or not bid nearly as much. It may go for slightly more with quick option confirmation. The fact is anyone that buts it is going to send it off for authentication and it will cost them. A lot of times it isn't that they think its not real. Its more that they will have to spend the time and money to do it themselves. I would get some kind of idea of what they go for then find out how much authentication is. If it only sells for $40-$50 authentication won't be worth it

NY Sports Teams
02-13-2012, 02:51 AM
The last time I looked the cost for authenticating was anywhere from $20-$250. As was said, if you want top dollar you will want it authenticated. Check to see what items sold for with and without an authentication to see if the cost of authentication is worth it, which was also stated. I believe an item must be listed on eBay to get a "quick opinion". I have seen in the past someone listing an item at an extraordinary amount just to get a "quick opinion". One thing I believe a "quick opinion" will not catch is an autopen. If you check out autographalert you can read about the mess up after mess up that PSA/DNA and James Spence have made, deeming forgeries as legit and legit in-person (IP) auto's as forgeries. You are paying for an opinion and as they say, opinions are like a******* everyone has one. As you can see I don't trust anything the so called "experts" think. Just my .02

...Rick

1990score
02-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Too bad about the 51L stuff.