PDA

View Full Version : Adam Petty race used autographed sheet metal

stewart20rulz
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm not looking to sell this piece, but am curious if anyone has seen any other autographed race used Adam Petty sheetmetal up for sale, and if so, what was the asking price?

This piece is believed to be from his Busch series Spree Candy #45 car raced in Atlanta in 1999. He wrecked and finished 34th in that race which explains the damage and missing paint. Most stickers are still intact including some of the "Good Year" lettering over the fender well. I'm having a hard time judging its value since I never much autographed Adam Petty memorabilia for sale except for post cards and 8x10s. here's the pics:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/dsturmjr/My%20other%20racing%20PC/Adam%20Petty%20auto%20sm/

BTW, I picked this up at a flea market in South Carolina a few years back...was even able to talk the person down from $25 to a whopping $15 for it. He had no idea who the autograph was of since it wasn't richard or Kyle Petty

stewart20rulz
02-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Bump...anyone know if PSA would authenticate something like this?

osufanman
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
that's insane that you only paid 15$ for it. It's awesome.
I don't know the value but to a serious fan could fetch over 500$
or more. I would think if you get it authenticated even more.
JSA would but you'd have to have them come out or ship it to them I would
think, and they'd provide a letter of auth. But the price might not be worth it.
It's an awesome piece of history.

stewart20rulz
02-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I couldn't believe it either. It was placed in the middle of a bunch of junk (I mean real junk...like stuff that should have been thrown in the trash) at the man's little spot at the flea market. The seller started out at $25 and I walked away for about 30 seconds and made him a $15 offer for the heck of it and he took it. I was going to pay the $25 if he said no. I'm 99.9999% it's legit and everything matches pretty well to the Spree car and his known autographs. The only race that ended in "TA" was Atlanta in 1999, so that's what I figured the "TA/99 Crash" writing was for. I still haven't figured out what brain damage means unless it was a crew member's smart remark about him crashing the car...he was a rookie and just making his way in the Busch series back then. Someone told me once that it might have meant that the engine was trashed. I still have never seen another piece of Adam Petty race used autographed sheet metal so it has to be a rare Adam Petty piece.

that's insane that you only paid 15$ for it. It's awesome.
I don't know the value but to a serious fan could fetch over 500$
or more. I would think if you get it authenticated even more.
JSA would but you'd have to have them come out or ship it to them I would
think, and they'd provide a letter of auth. But the price might not be worth it.
It's an awesome piece of history.