PDA

View Full Version : What do you have basketball players sign?

Vladfan27
02-05-2012, 01:32 AM
I normally only do baseball autographs but may end up going to a Kyrie Irving signing next month. I don't do cards and prefer to not do photos. Would it be worth it to purchase an official spaulding NBA ball? What are some good alternatives?

PDawson21
02-05-2012, 02:00 AM
I normally only do baseball autographs but may end up going to a Kyrie Irving signing next month. I don't do cards and prefer to not do photos. Would it be worth it to purchase an official spaulding NBA ball? What are some good alternatives?

Can you pm me details on the signing?

Vladfan27
02-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Can you pm me details on the signing?

It is a public signing taking place at the Cleveland Auto Show, details can be found on the events web site. As far as I know it is free with paid admission to the auto show. Tristan Thompson will be appearing as well.

jbrian96
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Shoot I might have to go to that car show, I just like over in Erie pa. Good look man.

Are their gonna be any other celebs there for the show that you know of?

jyosi
02-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Instead of buying an official ball for about $100 bucks you can pick up a replica game ball for around $30. Swingman jerseys also look good signed and cost far less than authtic jerseys.

Dshoblo
02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Square hardwood tiles are cheap & look good. I agree swingman & replica ball way to go. Hard to get much value (if looking to resell) on a ball that costs $100.

Vegas
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Square hardwood tiles are cheap & look good. I agree swingman & replica ball way to go. Hard to get much value (if looking to resell) on a ball that costs $100.

I agree with the hardwood tile suggestion, they display real nice and look great signed with a sharpie.

Vladfan27
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Instead of buying an official ball for about $100 bucks you can pick up a replica game ball for around $30. Swingman jerseys also look good signed and cost far less than authtic jerseys.

I agree with the hardwood tile suggestion, they display real nice and look great signed with a sharpie.

Thanks for the input, it is appreciated. I am definitely going to go with a ball - a floor tile would be nice but I think the basketball will look better once displayed. I also like the idea of a jersey.... Might do that for Tristan Thompson. I'm pretty sure I am going to go with this ball:

http://www.collectible-supplies.com/official-nba-classic-leather-game-ball-by-spalding-2.aspx

I'm also going to purchase a sharpie paint pen so the autograph doesn't fade over time. I am not going to sell the ball and it is only $24.99 before shipping which is very doable.