PDA

View Full Version : Human Hourglass

mrveggieman
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I remember a few weeks ago we had the discussion about weather or not Mrs. Obama is fat. Some people on her prefer skinny chicks and that is there right. So in honor of those gentlemen who prefer skinny women here you go:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/human-hourglass-model-with-20-inch-waist-i-snack-on-chocolate-all-the-time-201272

ManInTheMirror
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
So is this politics or religion?

mrveggieman
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Whatever you want to call it. I would say that anexoria is a news/political issue.

Star_Cards
02-08-2012, 03:10 PM
that's definitely an extreme case of skinny.

habsheaven
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
You know, being a guy, I admit I like to occasionally "undress women with my eyes". That woman would give me nightmares.

sportscardrage
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
That is disgustingly thin. What would make that woman look in the mirror and go....."yeah I like this look".

DunkingDurant35
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
One thing about this: it proves once and for all that it isn't strictly about 0.7 or lower waist-hip ratios (WHR) with the hip equal to the bust size (the true measurements for an "hourglass" figure, as many so-called scientific studies about women's beauty often promote). In fact, few women are actually 0.7 or lower on the WHR, nor are their bust sizes exactly equivalent to the hip size - and some of the anorexic women who do happen to fit these numbers are actually frightening to look at, such as this "perfect hourglass" woman.

In short, beauty is relatively subjective, and it's not something people can reduce to a numeric formula.

habsheaven
02-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I have always maintained that TRUE BEAUTY can only be found in how a person PROJECTS themselves. Same can be said for SEXY.

pghin08
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
One thing about this: it proves once and for all that it isn't strictly about 0.7 or lower waist-hip ratios (WHR) with the hip equal to the bust size (the true measurements for an "hourglass" figure, as many so-called scientific studies about women's beauty often promote). In fact, few women are actually 0.7 or lower on the WHR, nor are their bust sizes exactly equivalent to the hip size - and some of the anorexic women who do happen to fit these numbers are actually frightening to look at, such as this "perfect hourglass" woman.

In short, beauty is relatively subjective, and it's not something people can reduce to a numeric formula.

Absolutely 100% true.

duane1969
02-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Whatever you want to call it. I would say that anexoria is a news/political issue.

that's definitely an extreme case of skinny.

That is disgustingly thin. What would make that woman look in the mirror and go....."yeah I like this look".

It's not anorexia and she isn't skinny on purpose. If you guys actually read the article you will see that she claims to eat healthily and says that in the past she was unhappy with her appearance because in her country skinny=poor. She even talks of trying to gain weight and being unable to and talks of being unhappy because her plumper friends were getting dates while she sat home alone.

mrveggieman
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
It's not anorexia and she isn't skinny on purpose. If you guys actually read the article you will see that she claims to eat healthily and says that in the past she was unhappy with her appearance because in her country skinny=poor. She even talks of trying to gain weight and being unable to and talks of being unhappy because her plumper friends were getting dates while she sat home alone.

Yes duane I did read through the article. The lady in the article may wanted to be bigger however a lot of females in our society see that as an example of what they should look like and that could contribute to eating disorders and other issues. For the life of me I don't know who's definition of beauty they are going by with those rail thin models because no one I know and only 1 person on here thinks that type of look is even remotely cute.

Star_Cards
02-09-2012, 09:13 AM

I read the article. I saw that she wasn't happy with being this thin as well. It's still an extreme case of skinny whether it's by choice or just how she is.

angel0430
02-09-2012, 09:13 AM
That is disgusting!!!

Star_Cards
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes duane I did read through the article. The lady in the article may wanted to be bigger however a lot of females in our society see that as an example of what they should look like and that could contribute to eating disorders and other issues. For the life of me I don't know who's definition of beauty they are going by with those rail thin models because no one I know and only 1 person on here thinks that type of look is even remotely cute.

I disagree that a look like this woman is an ideal look that american women want or that is promoted by branches of the media. Sure some girls want to be skinny like this, but most do not. Most of the main stream women that you see in magazines may be thin but not this extreme.