PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Donruss Signature Series Preview Jason Kendall 1/1

YesWeCam
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1223/kendallsignatureseriesp.jpg

Taking offers on the rarest Jason Kendall card ever made. According to Beckett, this card does not exist. But obviously it does, because I have 1...the only 1. This came directly from Jason, who destroyed all the others and never signed or returned them to Donruss.

This is from one of the rarest and most sought after autograph sets ever made...and if you think you have the complete set, well, you don't...because you still need this 1...and this is the only copy still in existence.

edgeusaf1
02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
What value are you putting on it?

slaneyjason
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm curious how much you want for it also. It says preview also. He threw all the others away?

YesWeCam
02-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm curious how much you want for it also. It says preview also. He threw all the others away?

Yes, it came from the Preview series...that Donruss released as a very limited insert set in that year's regular Donruss...before Donruss Signature Series came out. They have "preview" foil stamped on the side and yellow background...as opposed to the red/green/blue backgrounds of the base/millennium marks/century marks in the actual Signature Series set.

If you look in the Beckett magazines from 1998, it was probably the hottest and most sought after baseball autograph set ever released, and they had several articles about people pulling super rare ones of players that weren't originally known to exist. I emailed them about this card, but I guess they didn't believe me, and still haven't added it to the checklist.

Yes, he threw all the others away. I think I still have a copy of the letter Donruss sent him along with the unsigned cards...with instructions on signing them, boxing them back up, sending them back to them, etc. Apparently there was a contract dispute and he decided not to sign any of them, but saved one for me because he knew I was a big card collector.

slaneyjason
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Thats pretty cool. Why would you want to give it up?! What do you want for it?

YesWeCam
02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
It's not that I want to give it up, I've just had it in my personal collection since 1998 and want to switch it up and get some new things in my collection.

slaneyjason
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
It's not that I want to give it up, I've just had it in my personal collection since 1998 and want to switch it up and get some new things in my collection.

So now the question is, what do you need for it?

edgeusaf1
02-25-2012, 04:41 AM
So now the question is, what do you need for it?

I have asked what vlaue he has put on it several times with no answer....

richtree
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Hey, I PMed you to buy, or trade ...please get back to me richtree

hawkeye8278
10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Do you still have this card?

I hope to hear from you.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1223/kendallsignatureseriesp.jpg

Taking offers on the rarest Jason Kendall card ever made. According to Beckett, this card does not exist. But obviously it does, because I have 1...the only 1. This came directly from Jason, who destroyed all the others and never signed or returned them to Donruss.

This is from one of the rarest and most sought after autograph sets ever made...and if you think you have the complete set, well, you don't...because you still need this 1...and this is the only copy still in existence.

slaneyjason
10-22-2012, 01:20 PM
So...What if the card IS real... but "YesWeCam" really isn't...Whoa

MJFan
10-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Take a look in my bucket and/or inventory. Let me know if there are cards you like via PM and if you don't need my 52 Mantle RC for it i will make you an offer just like your post stated. Thanks.