PDA

View Full Version : Law That Contradict Each Other

duane1969
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
The discussion about gun loopholes got me to thinking about how inconsistent laws are. That led me to this...

An 18-year old is old enough to vote on laws concerning the legal drinking age, but is not old enough to drink.

An 18-year old is old enough to join the military and carry numerous weapons including a handgun...but an 18-year old is not legally old enough to buy a handgun.

The US tax code says that a 17-year old can no longer be claimed as a dependant...but under Obamacare health insurance companies must cover a child that is as old as 26 years old as long as the child does not have a job that offers them coverage.

Just some food for thought...

beachboy22
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I am 18 and can technically buy a hand gun here in Florida, it just cant be from a liscenced dealer. I just cant buy ammo for it which makes no sense to me!!!!!!! whats the point of a gun without ammo????? :frusty: :fighting0050:

mrveggieman
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM
When a 16 or 17 year old gets a job they are required by law to pay taxes but are not leagally old enough to vote on representatives who decide on their taxes until they are 18.