PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Jersey signed?

deemurdock
02-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm looking to get a signed jersey of Hakeem Nicks. I know they do training camps during early August, which I may look to attend, but I'm also wondering about the possibility of me sending a Jersey via mail to Hakeem c/o the team or something similar.

Has anyone done such a thing with success, what are the chances? I've been a huge fan of Hakeem since he joined the team and don't have much memorabilia other than a few pictures signed, but I'd love to have a signed jersey of Hakeem himself. Any advice would be great guys.

colts1888
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
i would not send him a jersey ttm you wont ever see it again. As far as traning camp ive gone ever year since 06 and in 07 it was a mad house so i would expect the same this year. i would see if there are any up coming signings with him and go that route

deemurdock
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Ahh, I haven't even thought of that. I've only went to one signing, and I was like 5 years old when it happened and I didn't even walk out with an autograph haha. Any idea if theres a site online that sources that kind of info or is it all a google search?

Capone87
02-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah i definitley wouldnt risk sending away a jersey, search the internet for a website that has info on local athlete appearances. I have one that i check regularly but it only lists appearances for Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Hope you find a way to get your jersey autographed!

deemurdock
02-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks, I'm on google now looking for some local appearances, I've found a couple, but their all a month or 2 old lol. Hopefully I can find something, because I'm trying to stray away from card collecting and convert to memorabilia.

TTMcardMaster
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
He did a signing a few months ago at $50 per and has most likely gone up since his SB win...

deemurdock
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Yea, I came across a couple he's done in December, one was pretty close, unfortunately I didn't know about it, but I definitely want a signed jersey from him..

gators241987
02-12-2012, 08:56 AM
steiner shows

jyosi
02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
My friend is having Nicks for a signing in New Jersey in early March and he is accepting mail orders if you can't attend. I'll get you some more info if you are interested. I think prices are around $100, maybe a little less for a jersey.

terpsfan325
02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
one site i always check for signings is signingshotline.com

they always pester with popups about paying, but their free service is fine.

deemurdock
02-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Thanks, I'm definitely gonna favorite that site and keep checking back. Much appreciated.