PDA

View Full Version : Radio DJ Uses Racial Slurs In Interview With Black Candidate

duane1969
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Quite frankly, I find it disturbing that this type of racism is condoned in some circles. What is worse, the DJ stands by his racial statements and apparently will keep his job at the blues music station. Double-standard?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/03/outrage-subdued-after-dj-gop-congressional-candidate/?intcmp=obnetwork

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Quite frankly, I find it disturbing that this type of racism is condoned in some circles. What is worse, the DJ stands by his racial statements and apparently will keep his job at the blues music station. Double-standard?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/03/outrage-subdued-after-dj-gop-congressional-candidate/?intcmp=obnetwork

I haven't watched the video but from what I read on the article I can see both sides of the story. Yes I think that it was wrong to degrade a woman and use profanity at her on the radio and I think the whiteness remark was insensitive but I also think the dj may have been on to something. I am not in memphis and don't know that much about their local politics but if she is a member of the tea party and reminds him of herman cain I can see exactly what he is coming from. The tea party and the gop do not care one bit about black people or if i can take it one step futher working class white people either. They cater to the super rich and right wing religious extremists like the people on the video who interrupted the hindu prayer. Herman Cain is a puppet for the elitie and this woman was probably one too.

duane1969
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I haven't watched the video but from what I read on the article I can see both sides of the story. Yes I think that it was wrong to degrade a woman and use profanity at her on the radio and I think the whiteness remark was insensitive but I also think the dj may have been on to something. I not in memphis and don't know that much about their local politics but if she is a member of the tea party and reminds him of herman cain I can see exactly what he is coming from. The tea party and the gop do not care one bit about black people or if i can take it one step futher working class white people either. They cater to the super rich and right wing religious extremists like the people on the video who interrupted the hindu prayer. Herman Cain is a puppet for the elitie and this woman was probably one too.

Quite simply. If a white DJ were to attack a white candidate and call him a N-lover, tell him to stop pandering to blacks and be true to his own people and refuse to shake the white candidate's hand because he doesn't want the "blacknees" to rub off on him...that DJ would have been fired within minutes and the entire black population of America would be losing it's mind, including you.

The fact that Matthews is black does not exclude him from being a bigot. He is as racist and bigoted as a KKK member in the middle of lighting a cross on fire. The fact that the general reponse is just like yours is proof enough that some people see it as OK to be racist as long as it is white people that you are bigoted towards.

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Quite simply. If a white DJ were to attack a white candidate and call him a N-lover, tell him to stop pandering to blacks and be true to his own people and refuse to shake the white candidate's hand because he doesn't want the "blacknees" to rub off on him...that DJ would have been fired within minutes and the entire black population of America would be losing it's mind, including you.

The fact that Matthews is black does not exclude him from being a bigot. He is as racist and bigoted as a KKK member in the middle of lighting a cross on fire. The fact that the general reponse is just like yours is proof enough that some people see it as OK to be racist as long as it is white people that you are bigoted towards.

Whoa easy now big guy no one is justifying racism on either end. I totally disagreed with the dj's whiteness remark. I thought that it was very insentisive and hateful. I don't have a problem with white people in general it is just certian ones (just like there are certian blacks) that I have a problem with. The dj may or may not have had racism in his heart but I understood the message. Why is this female canidate working for a group of people who don't give a damn about her? You making the remark about a white dj berading a white person calling him a *** lover is comparing apples to oranges. First both the republican and democratic parties are majority white parties. However the democrats while not perfect by any strecth of the imagination have done more over the past several years for blacks and working whites than the republicans have done. If a white person was cool with a black organization that did not care for white people I would understand why some white people would have a problem with it. Why can't black people have a problem with another black associating with an organization that dosen't have the best intrests of black people at heart?

duane1969
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think it is fair to generalize that the entire GOP doesn't care about black people or black issues.

And I don't see what the DJ said as being anything but bigoted and racist. As I said, if a white DJ made comparable remarks to a white candidate for being involved with blacks then it would be a MAJOR issue. It is a double-standard, like it or not.

Look at how the Don Imus "nappy-head" comment was reacted to, then look at how this is being reacted to, and tell me there isn't a double-standard.

shrewsbury
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM

you are correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for some people racism can only be done by the "whites"

where the heck is the naacp now? oh, forgot he is black, so it must be ok!!!!!

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think it is fair to generalize that the entire GOP doesn't care about black people or black issues.

And I don't see what the DJ said as being anything but bigoted and racist. As I said, if a white DJ made comparable remarks to a white candidate for being involved with blacks then it would be a MAJOR issue. It is a double-standard, like it or not.

Look at how the Don Imus "nappy-head" comment was reacted to, then look at how this is being reacted to, and tell me there isn't a double-standard.

Not the same thing duane. Are there good people in the republican party, I'm sure they are even though I don't understand why they would be. Mabey they are uneducated on what the GOP stands for. The nappy headed comment by don imus served no purposed but the be racially demeaning and offensive. Now the dj may have been over the top in some of his language but I agreed with him in calling out a politician who clearly did not have her community's best intrests at heart.

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
you are correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for some people racism can only be done by the "whites"

where the heck is the naacp now? oh, forgot he is black, so it must be ok!!!!!

Last time I checked despite what some people say the naacp is not a hate group unlike the kkk. Also this was a case of one black person calling out another black person for doing a disservice to their community. Why would the naacp get involved in that?

ensbergcollector
02-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Last time I checked despite what some people say the naacp is not a hate group unlike the kkk. Also this was a case of one black person calling out another black person for doing a disservice to their community. Why would the naacp get involved in that?

you amaze me sometimes. So, if a black person is a republican and supports the tea party, they are fair game for racist comments?

would it ever be ok for a white candidate to be asked "but what are you doing to help out your own people"? White candidates need to look out for everyone but black candidates need to look out for black people? is that what politics have come to?

also, care to tell me how she is doing a disservice to her community? let me guess, simply by being a supporter of the tea party she is doing a disservice right?

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
you amaze me sometimes. So, if a black person is a republican and supports the tea party, they are fair game for racist comments?

would it ever be ok for a white candidate to be asked "but what are you doing to help out your own people"? White candidates need to look out for everyone but black candidates need to look out for black people? is that what politics have come to?

also, care to tell me how she is doing a disservice to her community? let me guess, simply by being a supporter of the tea party she is doing a disservice right?

You sure know how to pick and chose don't you? As we both know and I am willing to admit the republican party does not care one bit for you, I or any other common man the only care about the super rich and religious extremists (which I like to believe that you are not one). I would also bet every card and video game that I got that this woman is not super rich either. So she is doing a disservice to every common man regardless of their race or religion by associating with the republican party.

shrewsbury
02-10-2012, 02:44 PM
don't have an issue calling someone out, but using racial slurs is an issue

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
don't have an issue calling someone out, but using racial slurs is an issue

Agreed. :thumb:

pghin08
02-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Man. If this guy says that kind of stuff to a black potential congresswoman, I wonder what he'd have to say to a white guy like me. I'm super-pale too, so I'm extra-strength white.

Star_Cards
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Seems like if he had issues with this politician and her commitment to the community he could have gone about asking these questions than using the slurs that he did. One could assume that maybe he was trying to stir this up rather than actually asking her hard questions and getting his point across.

duane1969
02-11-2012, 10:19 AM

If the NAACP is truly for the advancement for people of color then they would condemn his words based on the fact that they are stereotypical and slurs. Only condemning white people for degrading a black person is biased in and of itself. Turning a blind-eye when a black person attacks another black person based on skin color and uses racial slurs is intrinsically biased.

Man. If this guy says that kind of stuff to a black potential congresswoman, I wonder what he'd have to say to a white guy like me. I'm super-pale too, so I'm extra-strength white.

He was actually fired from another job for similar actions and his response was that white people were the reason he was fired. It had nothing to do with him being a bigot. :rolleyes:

Seems like if he had issues with this politician and her commitment to the community he could have gone about asking these questions than using the slurs that he did. One could assume that maybe he was trying to stir this up rather than actually asking her hard questions and getting his point across.

Exactly my point. If you need racial slurs and insults to achieve your goal then your goal is not to "call out" the person, it is to be offensive.

AUTaxMan
02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
This discussion reminds me of this movie trailer I saw today. Apparently the film screened at CPAC and was very well received.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEYfKWqZ-w&feature=player_embedded

INTIMADATOR2007
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
This discussion reminds me of this movie trailer I saw today. Apparently the film screened at CPAC and was very well received.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEYfKWqZ-w&feature=player_embedded

That's awesome , Thanks for posting .

pspstatus
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
So is that guy saying that if you're black and not a conservative that you're still a slave?

AUTaxMan
02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
So is that guy saying that if you're black and not a conservative that you're still a slave?

no

mrveggieman
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I haven't watched the video yet but I can only imagine what's on it....