PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich Wants To Intervene In Syria

duane1969
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Republican Party presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich told CNN on Thursday that he was “amazed” that the Obama Administration had only just begun to consider intervention in Syria. “It is definitely in our interest to get rid of Assad as a dictator,” he said, “because he is an ally of Iran.”

“We frankly want to get him replaced if we can,” Gingrich added, referring to President Bashar al-Assad who has for more than eleven months deployed force against an increasingly violent revolt in his country.

Once again, I disagree with Newt. I am sorry for what is going on in Syria and I feel forthe innocent people who are caught in the middle. However, after being criticized for invading Iraq, criticized for being in Afghanistan and having issues with Pakistan, I see no reason for the U.S. to get involved.

For years we have been told to mind our own business and to stop trying to "nation build" in the Middle East. I think we need to do just that. If things go south in Syria then let the Middle East deal with it. Putting our troops in harm's way to get involved in something that we will later be bashed for doing just makes no sense.

http://atlanticsentinel.com/2012/02/newt-gingrich-wants-to-intervene-in-syria-too/

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Once again, I disagree with Newt. I am sorry for what is going on in Syria and I feel forthe innocent people who are caught in the middle. However, after being criticized for invading Iraq, criticized for being in Afghanistan and having issues with Pakistan, I see no reason for the U.S. to get involved.

For years we have been told to mind our own business and to stop trying to "nation build" in the Middle East. I think we need to do just that. If things go south in Syria then let the Middle East deal with it. Putting our troops in harm's way to get involved in something that we will later be bashed for doing just makes no sense.

http://atlanticsentinel.com/2012/02/newt-gingrich-wants-to-intervene-in-syria-too/

CHURCH!! :love0030:

angel0430
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Great poitn Duane. This is the reason why the US has a huge deficit right now. we do not need to be in everyones backyard and helping everyone because we fell like it. They need to resolve their own issues, unless they target/injure americans

Star_Cards
02-10-2012, 03:56 PM
While I wouldn't agree with an Iraq or Afghanistan type of action I don't think I would be opposed to action similar to how we helped in Egypt. I get that we can't be the saviors of every country that has issues similar to this, but if action is warranted I don't see issue with a limited involvement to help calm the situation. I'm kind of directly in the middle on this one.

pghin08
02-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Why does Gingrich care about Syria? According to him, we're going to have moon colonies by the end of his second term anyways.

tsjct
02-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Let Turkey, Saudia Arabia, and the Surrounding countries deal with this. This is in their back yard so let them deal with it. I hate to see innocent people slaughtered but we can not help right now as we are in HUGE HUGE debts.

mrveggieman
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Let Turkey, Saudia Arabia, and the Surrounding countries deal with this. This is in their back yard so let them deal with it. I hate to see innocent people slaughtered but we can not help right now as we are in HUGE HUGE debts.

As much as it pains me to say so I agree with you 100%. :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Terrible idea Newt.